Options

Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

No, no excuses. The FACT is the HRC isn't holding press conferences because SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO.

How is that an excuse?

You are the excuse. She may not have too, but the point here isn't whether she has to or not- it's the fact that clintonites on here aren't outraged because she isn't out there defending her positions or speaking clearly to the American people. That practice should be unacceptable for any politician. She is polling at 60% unfavorable. The rest of us who are also a part of this country and a part of the political process would like answers and more answers. I'm not talking about conspiracies. I'm talking about real issues and real situations. I shouldn't have to turn to twitter to get answers. All the while issues continue to pop up and are never truly addressed. Think about it. In 9 months a shit load of things have happened. Some of those issues have now been forgotten and others continue to pile up. I sure as hell don't record every issue on my diary, so I can't keep up with things that pop up and become part of the past. Come the debates and there won't be enough time to cover all that happens.

The press is suppose to keep these politicians on check, not give us their opinions on what they think the candidate is implying with their tweets. It's a practical approach and we should never make an excuse for these politicians
    Oh, ok.

When have you ever voted for a candidate after seeing them in a press conference?
    First off, I'm not crying. Trump is a joke and he'd never get my vote, and I'm sure a lot of progressives feel the same way I do. There is no sense in me wasting my time on this forum talking about that idiot. I do however, debate with republicans on an almost daily bases.

As for your second comment regarding me voting for someone based on their press conferences, that's very simple. I vote on the information. I take all angles when it comes to voting for a candidate. one of those angles represents what they say during press conferences. If they crack or can't handle that pressure then that candidate is weak and probably wouldn't make the best candidate. This isn't new or something revolutionary. As a matter of fact this is really a waste of time. we wouldn't be making noise on this topic if it weren't for the fact that it's been 9 months and the fact that you are defending a politician that isn't facing the general public
    I never said you were crying.

You're so dead set on Hilary doing a press conference when there's a 0% chance you're going to vote for her either way.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited September 2016

Why do I have to post my criticism of Hillary on a message board to justify my support for her? When did you ever vote for a candidate that you thought was perfect? When will we see your list of questions that you want asked and answered by Hillary at a press conference?

When you start looking at Clinton as an objective candidate for this country, and not as an unquestionable leader. Straight out of 1984.
  • Options
    Free said:

I'm gonna go back and ask the question I was asking yesterday that nobody answered. Why do you apologists do what you do? What do you get out of this sort of intense loyalty for a candidate who will inevitably lead us? Is it to be on a "winning" team? Why and how are you guys OK with the candidate who does not answer questions. Do you guys do this with other people too? Because it is very Orwellian.

Nobody, except for a couple here, is defending hilary. I'm NOT voting for her. Not because she isn't doing press conferences. But because she is a danger to the way I make a living. But I also understand that press conferences do not make or a break ANY candidate. But you guys can keep beating your heads again st the wall over irrelevant shit when you are not voting for her either way.
  • Options
    Free said:

Good God people I don't mean to offend, I want you guys to wake up and be an active citizen of this country we demand better!

Have you ever thought that you may be the one that needs to wake up? Maybe your way isn't the best or even only way.
  • Options
    Not to mention, while you Rail against everyone for not answering your questions (when we all have, you just do the like the answer), youve deflected every question posed to you.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    Free said:

Kat said:

Was it deflection when you asked members here if they worked for the Clinton campaign? I believe it was more of an accusation. Ok, enough harassing other members here. If you have something to discuss in a topic, stick to the topic instead of talking about other members and name-calling.
    Admin

Respect fully, when a Clinton super PAC admitted to paying people to online defend her, they are out there we just don't know what forums they are on.
    You are doing a great job rooting them out.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    she learned that trick from AIPAC. they been payin people for years for their continued online support of apartheid
  • Options
    rssesq said:

she learned that trick from AIPAC. they been payin people for years for their continued online support of apartheid

Yes, we need to be sure that Palestine has a freer hand to oppress women and gays. I like your selective outrage.

Still waiting on your response on Professional Responsibility. Do you operate under a different ethics code than HRC did in the 70's?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,625
    Isn't paying people to work for you and support you in public forums kinda what a campaign is?
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672

Why do I have to post my criticism of Hillary on a message board to justify my support for her? When did you ever vote for a candidate that you thought was perfect? When will we see your list of questions that you want asked and answered by Hillary at a press conference?

I've already stated a few. You don't have to post shit. I'm not sure who is arguing the case that there are perfect politicians out there.

9 months without a press conference is unacceptable, whether it's Clinton, bush, Obama, a local politician, or anyone running for office. We need to test these people and we need to hear answers to several questions. Not conspiracy related. There is nothing wrong with demanding that from all our leaders. None of them should be immune to it
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    edited September 2016
    tonifig8 said:

I've already stated a few. You don't have to post shit. I'm not sure who is arguing the case that there are perfect politicians out there.

9 months without a press conference is unacceptable, whether it's Clinton, bush, Obama, a local politician, or anyone running for office. We need to test these people and we need to hear answers to several questions. Not conspiracy related. There is nothing wrong with demanding that from all our leaders. None of them should be immune to it
    I really just don't see the difference between doing many interviews with separate journalists one on one or doing one interview with a bunch of journalists all in the same room. In fact, the one on one interviews are probably a lot more telling. I just don't think this sudden demand for a press conference is very logical. Especially not with the amount of disgusts and rancor that some are expressing over the issue, as though she kills puppies or something. If she were avoiding the media altogether, that would be more deserving of this kind of criticism, but she isn't avoiding the media IMO. Why would a press conference pose some kind of threat for her to avoid where an interview or a debate wouldn't?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

I agree
  • Options
    Free said:

When you start looking at Clinton as an objective candidate for this country, and not as an unquestionable leader. Straight out of 1984.
    She's one of two or one of four. My objectivity is not going to change that. Why do you insist that I haven't been objective? Is it because I support her? I must be blindly following her, right? Or is it that I'm a paid shill?

I'm still waiting for the questions you want to see her answer. Why won't you share them?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

No, no excuses. The FACT is the HRC isn't holding press conferences because SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO.

How is that an excuse?

You are the excuse. She may not have too, but the point here isn't whether she has to or not- it's the fact that clintonites on here aren't outraged because she isn't out there defending her positions or speaking clearly to the American people. That practice should be unacceptable for any politician. She is polling at 60% unfavorable. The rest of us who are also a part of this country and a part of the political process would like answers and more answers. I'm not talking about conspiracies. I'm talking about real issues and real situations. I shouldn't have to turn to twitter to get answers. All the while issues continue to pop up and are never truly addressed. Think about it. In 9 months a shit load of things have happened. Some of those issues have now been forgotten and others continue to pile up. I sure as hell don't record every issue on my diary, so I can't keep up with things that pop up and become part of the past. Come the debates and there won't be enough time to cover all that happens.

The press is suppose to keep these politicians on check, not give us their opinions on what they think the candidate is implying with their tweets. It's a practical approach and we should never make an excuse for these politicians
    Oh, ok.

When have you ever voted for a candidate after seeing them in a press conference?
    First off, I'm not crying. Trump is a joke and he'd never get my vote, and I'm sure a lot of progressives feel the same way I do. There is no sense in me wasting my time on this forum talking about that idiot. I do however, debate with republicans on an almost daily bases.

As for your second comment regarding me voting for someone based on their press conferences, that's very simple. I vote on the information. I take all angles when it comes to voting for a candidate. one of those angles represents what they say during press conferences. If they crack or can't handle that pressure then that candidate is weak and probably wouldn't make the best candidate. This isn't new or something revolutionary. As a matter of fact this is really a waste of time. we wouldn't be making noise on this topic if it weren't for the fact that it's been 9 months and the fact that you are defending a politician that isn't facing the general public

You're so dead set on Hilary doing a press conference when there's a 0% chance you're going to vote for her either way.

It doesn't matter whether I'm voting for her or not. The point here is that it isn't fare for any politician to go 9 months without giving us answers, especially when running for the highest office in the world. It's not fare to the 60% who find her to be untrustworthy or have an unfavorable opinion of her. That's the point. I'm not being a conspiracy nut- I'm being sincere and I find it troubling that people on the left would accept this type of behavior from a politician. I've mentioned a few policy issues/social issues that she hasn't made clear and that concerns progressives. She could say all she wants on a stump speech, but when it isn't being challenged all we can do is be forced to do is accept it as the truth, because there really isn't a rebuttal. No politician should have it that easy. No politician should be immune to it, and we certainly shouldn't be making excuses for them. Let them sack up and defend themselves. Even if it requires more then one press conference. You and I pay their bills. We are their employers- not the other way around. Don't let the govt become more powerful then those who elect them
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

How is that an excuse?

Oh, ok.

It doesn't matter whether I'm voting for her or not. The point here is that it isn't fare for any politician to go 9 months without giving us answers, especially when running for the highest office in the world. It's not fare to the 60% who find her to be untrustworthy or have an unfavorable opinion of her. That's the point. I'm not being a conspiracy nut- I'm being sincere and I find it troubling that people on the left would accept this type of behavior from a politician. I've mentioned a few policy issues/social issues that she hasn't made clear and that concerns progressives. She could say all she wants on a stump speech, but when it isn't being challenged all we can do is be forced to do is accept it as the truth, because there really isn't a rebuttal. No politician should have it that easy. No politician should be immune to it, and we certainly shouldn't be making excuses for them. Let them sack up and defend themselves. Even if it requires more then one press conference. You and I pay their bills. We are their employers- not the other way around. Don't let the govt become more powerful then those who elect them
    Why do you think the interviews with journalists don't count? Why do you think the debates won't count?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Free said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

Somehow this guy thinks it's a great thing to have mega donors finance campaigns. Even Obama, at one point, attempted to get big money out of the democratic process. But DWS and Clinton made certain to overturn that right away. I'm sure that Germ is very proud of this.

I don't like it at all...but that's the way it is. Until they overturn Citizens United we're stuck with it. Your side did that...not mine.
    My side? What's that suppose to mean? Clinton and DWS did it, even after Obama shut it down for Dems. You don't like it, but you think it's great, or important, that Bush's guy is backing Clinton? Trump is trash and no one in their right minds should be backing that moron. we don't have to be stuck with it- sanders didn't use it, Hillary could have taken the higher road, but unfortunately you guys aren't looking for the higher road- you're just making excuses for everything she does, or in the case of giving a press conference, doesn't do.
    Sanders would be taking that money if he were the nominee. No doubt about it.

Sanders supports Clinton. That tells you all you need to know.
    Sanders endorsed Clinton, the next day he left the party and became Independent again. He continues to support progressive candidates on the dem ticket. The Clinton campaign has been pushing to get Bernie's donor email database, the most valuable and coveted list that Clinton wants... And won't get.

Oh, so he flip-flopped? Guess we can't trust him.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

How is that an excuse?

Oh, ok.

Why do you think the interviews with journalists don't count? Why do you think the debates won't count?
    I didn't say the debates don't count. Like I said earlier- they need to continue to be challenged because like the sanders/hrc debate she was for the trade deal and then changed Her position on it.But post debate it also appeared she was for it again. That's one example. So if she's continuously asked questions related to politics I find it to be informative and good for our democracy. There are many questions and concerns that people have. If she was truly trusted and respected to a higher caliber I'm sure she wouldn't be polling so bad in the "like ability" department. Trump is even starting to gain on her in general polls. Trump being elected isn't good for anyone. But her being forced down our throats isn't either. Next president should represent us all, not just a handful of folks that turned out to be the majority in a very low turnout election.

As far as her doing interviews with these news anchors, who i'd hardly consider true journalist- most of the time their are agreements as to what can be asked and guidelines set up. The two or three that have happened were softball interviews. Yes, she has been asked some questions related to the emails, but no follow up questions. Some questions were asked just before the interview was over- the interview lasted no more than 15mins or 10mins. There are so many questions to ask. They didn't cover CU or whether she was for the trade agreement or not... Not much was asked and answered. I, along with many others thirst for more. Much more. I'm not sure that that's asking for a lot. After all I'm a registered voter.

• Options
    tonifig8 said:

9 months without a press conference is unacceptable to YOU and some others. That does not make the rest of us blind followers, naive nor wanting more or better from our candidates.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    She will get killed in the debates.
  • Options

tonifig8 said:

9 months without a press conference is unacceptable to YOU and some others. That does not make the rest of us blind followers, naive nor wanting more or better from our candidates.
    Why not? Why don't you want to know the facts? Why would you want to simply settle for a stump speech? Do you know the candidate on a personal level? Is there something you know that we don't? Our democracy should stand for a strong and fair process. Having our politicians feet to the fire should be one of them.
    The fact that she's polling so high in the negative department should be concerning to Americans. She should be answering questions so that she could make us all a part of the process. GWB polled just as bad on his reelection bid. He was also avoiding the media. I'm not saying that she's GWB, but if I could do it all over again I would certainly demand interviews and I would certainly want someone who wasn't polling as bad. Why? Because that means the general population are the real losers. In the real world; if you were hiring a new employee Why would you take the risk of hiring someone who didn't care to interview or had poor reviews?

I believe this is the real world and you certainly aren't aupporting a fair process by making excuses for politicians. It's basic common sense
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited September 2016

tonifig8 said:

But it does make us all uninformed since she's not answering questions.

Some of us demand better, some either don't care or ...
  • Options
    unsung said:

Lol
  • Options
    tonifig8 said:

mrussel1 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

tonifig8 said:

How is that an excuse?

Oh, ok.

I didn't say the debates don't count. Like I said earlier- they need to continue to be challenged because like the sanders/hrc debate she was for the trade deal and then changed Her position on it.But post debate it also appeared she was for it again. That's one example. So if she's continuously asked questions related to politics I find it to be informative and good for our democracy. There are many questions and concerns that people have. If she was truly trusted and respected to a higher caliber I'm sure she wouldn't be polling so bad in the "like ability" department. Trump is even starting to gain on her in general polls. Trump being elected isn't good for anyone. But her being forced down our throats isn't either. Next president should represent us all, not just a handful of folks that turned out to be the majority in a very low turnout election.

As far as her doing interviews with these news anchors, who i'd hardly consider true journalist- most of the time their are agreements as to what can be asked and guidelines set up. The two or three that have happened were softball interviews. Yes, she has been asked some questions related to the emails, but no follow up questions. Some questions were asked just before the interview was over- the interview lasted no more than 15mins or 10mins. There are so many questions to ask. They didn't cover CU or whether she was for the trade agreement or not... Not much was asked and answered. I, along with many others thirst for more. Much more. I'm not sure that that's asking for a lot. After all I'm a registered voter.

It's not asking a lot from the President. I think it's a somewhat unreasonable absolute demand from someone who is in the middle of trying to win an election. Maybe if politics weren't politics, but they are.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2016

unsung said:

Lol
    :giggle: Why, is someone standing in for Trump?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    rssesq said:

Hasbara. I alluded to that a few pages back.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Lol
    :giggle: Why, is someone standing in for Trump?
    That's what I was thinking.

What criteria do we judge a debate winner? Person with best policy proposals who articulates those policies the best, or the person who hurls the most insults and tells the biggest lies? If we go with the latter, Clinton does not stand a chance in the debates.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    unsung said:

Lol. Unlikley
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Her debates with Bernie didn't get any ratings or buzz. It will be interesting when she has to go live on reality TV. I'll bet she has been memorizing cue cards on how to respond when she is called a crooked doo-doo head on live television.

• Options
    Jason P said:

Her debates with Bernie didn't get any ratings or buzz. It will be interesting when she has to go live on reality TV. I'll bet she has been memorizing cue cards on how to respond when she is called a crooked doo-doo head on live television.

Big Times article on her debate prep. Pretty interesting the contrasts between the two
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,036
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.