Hillary won more votes for President

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424

pjalive21 said:

I just googled it and found a lot of stuff but here's one.
    http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/hillary-clinton-health-issues-cough/2016/02/18/id/714964/

Godfather.

I was listening to talk radio today and they were reading some emails that were released as part of the freedom of information act...they stated she had a blood clot that almost killed her a few years ago...also emails that were discovered discussed how staff stated they had to go over everything throughout the day as she got "confused" multiple times throughout the day

im starting to believe a lot of the health related concerns are true and that is what is also in a lot of these emails

Believe what you want. Her doctor says otherwise.
    man you are a true to the bone Hillary supporter to a point that nothing negative about her is true...what would you expect her Dr. to release to the public ? if she want's to keep that stuff private then that's what a woman in her position will have. the real world is waiting my friend.

Godfather.

The real world is waiting on that link that you were going to get me where Biden had to hold up Clinton due to her health issues.

She's not a perfect human being. I preferred Sanders actually. But 90% of the bullshit that you are posting about her is just bullshit. You hate her....I get it. But be honest at least.
    like what bullshit ?

Godfather.

Like saying you read an article that Biden had to hold her up because of her health issues. Let's start there.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Regarding the email issue.

What Clinton originally said ("I never sent or received any information MARKED classified") is not untrue. She was referring to how classified emails must have a marked header identifying them as classified. The FBI confirmed that NONE of the emails had that heading. Some of the emails (originally there were like 4...then I'm pretty sure it was determined that there were only actually 2) had classification markings IN THE BODY of the email but NOT the header. Clinton was referring to the HEADER when she originally said that she never received any emails marked classified...remember? She stated that confidently because it is IMPOSSIBLE to send that type of email outside of the internal secure network.

The GOP with all of their investigations which included the FBI investigation ENDED UP WITH NOTHING!!!

Now they are trying to spin this and say that Clinton lied about sending marked emails when they clearly know what she was referring to.

She admitted her mistakes. The emails with classified markings in the body of the emails contained ridiculous information that would be meaningless to anyone. The GOP acts like she was receiving military plans or something....get real.

This is why I don't have an issue with the emails.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

pjalive21 said:

I just googled it and found a lot of stuff but here's one.
    http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/hillary-clinton-health-issues-cough/2016/02/18/id/714964/

Godfather.

I was listening to talk radio today and they were reading some emails that were released as part of the freedom of information act...they stated she had a blood clot that almost killed her a few years ago...also emails that were discovered discussed how staff stated they had to go over everything throughout the day as she got "confused" multiple times throughout the day

im starting to believe a lot of the health related concerns are true and that is what is also in a lot of these emails

Believe what you want. Her doctor says otherwise.
    man you are a true to the bone Hillary supporter to a point that nothing negative about her is true...what would you expect her Dr. to release to the public ? if she want's to keep that stuff private then that's what a woman in her position will have. the real world is waiting my friend.

Godfather.

The real world is waiting on that link that you were going to get me where Biden had to hold up Clinton due to her health issues.

She's not a perfect human being. I preferred Sanders actually. But 90% of the bullshit that you are posting about her is just bullshit. You hate her....I get it. But be honest at least.
    like what bullshit ?

Godfather.

Like saying you read an article that Biden had to hold her up because of her health issues. Let's start there.
    yes I read it and I bet if you look it up you'd read it as well.

Godfather.

What Clinton originally said ("I never sent or received any information MARKED classified") is not untrue. She was referring to how classified emails must have a marked header identifying them as classified. The FBI confirmed that NONE of the emails had that heading. Some of the emails (originally there were like 4...then I'm pretty sure it was determined that there were only actually 2) had classification markings IN THE BODY of the email but NOT the header. Clinton was referring to the HEADER when she originally said that she never received any emails marked classified...remember? She stated that confidently because it is IMPOSSIBLE to send that type of email outside of the internal secure network.

The GOP with all of their investigations which included the FBI investigation ENDED UP WITH NOTHING!!!

Now they are trying to spin this and say that Clinton lied about sending marked emails when they clearly know what she was referring to.

She admitted her mistakes. The emails with classified markings in the body of the emails contained ridiculous information that would be meaningless to anyone. The GOP acts like she was receiving military plans or something....get real.

those emails are the just the first nail in her political coffin......see ya !

Godfather.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519

Godfather.
    as long as it gets rid of all the evil brown people!
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097

Godfather.
    I'm not sure I understand how you figure this.

This has been a year-long investigation. FBI Director Comey's statement suggesting recklessness came on July 5th, when 538 suggested a 77% probability of her winning the election (and, GF, I'm sure just as you encourage us to do - if you care to read about how this calculation is made, please visit http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/). On the 11th, her odds started decreasing - going down to about 50% by July 30th (approximately two days after the DNC). By August 5th, this number had crept up to 80% and has lingered there since. My honest question: when you say that a past event is the 'nail in a coffin', and you have empirical evidence to suggest otherwise - at what point do you stop screaming and start thinking?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

Godfather.
    judging by your comment you think I dislike "brown people" or you referring to fact that I believe our borders should be closed ?
    wanting our borders closed is a bad idea ? stopping terrorism is a bad idea ? legally entering this country is O.K with me, legally entering and committing terrorist attacks or supporting terrorist organizations is not and punishment should be swift and lethal...in my opinion.

Godfather.

nobody screaming here amigo but there seems to be a wide spread lack of thinking on many behalf's

Godfather.
    edited August 2016

Godfather.
    judging by your comment you think I dislike "brown people" or you referring to fact that I believe our borders should be closed ?
    wanting our borders closed is a bad idea ? stopping terrorism is a bad idea ? legally entering this country is O.K with me, legally entering and committing terrorist attacks or supporting terrorist organizations is not and punishment should be swift and lethal...in my opinion.

Godfather.

you have stated that not only should your borders be closed, but that innocent muslims should be sent packing. what does a muslim look like, by the way? how do you describe one?

you can't stop terrorism by stopping immigration.

you are ok with legal immigration, but you want legal immigration stopped for "some". :dizzy:

www.headstonesband.com

benjs said:

Godfather.

This has been a year-long investigation. FBI Director Comey's statement suggesting recklessness came on July 5th, when 538 suggested a 77% probability of her winning the election (and, GF, I'm sure just as you encourage us to do - if you care to read about how this calculation is made, please visit http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/). On the 11th, her odds started decreasing - going down to about 50% by July 30th (approximately two days after the DNC). By August 5th, this number had crept up to 80% and has lingered there since. My honest question: when you say that a past event is the 'nail in a coffin', and you have empirical evidence to suggest otherwise - at what point do you stop screaming and start thinking?
    And the MSM is NOT helping Clinton....no fucking way. I have heard many reports about the emails and about the GOP requesting the FBI transcripts (which Clinton has come out and said that she WANTS THOSE TO BE PUBLIC) but I have NOT heard an explanation as to why Clinton would still be saying that she told the truth to the FBI and the FBI did IN FACT state that they felt that her testimony was "truthful".

benjs said:

Godfather.

And the MSM is NOT helping Clinton....no fucking way. I have heard many reports about the emails and about the GOP requesting the FBI transcripts (which Clinton has come out and said that she WANTS THOSE TO BE PUBLIC) but I have NOT heard an explanation as to why Clinton would still be saying that she told the truth to the FBI and the FBI did IN FACT state that they felt that her testimony was "truthful".

Exactly. In spite of stacked odds due to public scrutiny, mistrust, sexism, and alleged ties to corruption, she is still doing better than her competitor. Some nail in the coffin.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited August 2016
    benjs said:

benjs said:

Godfather.

Exactly. In spite of stacked odds due to public scrutiny, mistrust, sexism, and alleged ties to corruption, she is still doing better than her competitor. Some nail in the coffin.
    Yet, look at her competitor. Everybody looks good compared to him.

edited August 2016

nobody screaming here amigo but there seems to be a wide spread lack of thinking on many behalf's

Godfather.

Have you ever thought that maybe it's not a lack of thought process that you're witnessing, but a more holistic and less pigeon-holed perspective of prospective candidates?

Rational opinion forming on a candidate would involve factoring how aligned you and a candidate are on a topic, factoring in how achievable the candidate's goals are (based on presentation of a plan, and not just saying "we're gonna"), factoring in your inherent bias (and ideally combatting it instead of allowing it to skew your mental weightings), and factoring in how significant you feel the topic is. When you do this on your personal list of most significant topics, you do mental arithmetics to produce a sum that compels you to support one candidate over another. The one thing we can probably all agree on is that we all think one or more members here are permitting for bias to skew our mental weightings tremendously (either per topic or per candidate). This is probably true sometimes, but not all of the time.

Ultimately, I should take back my comment about no thought process being exhibited, because for all I know - what I've written above could very well be what you do with each candidate - so I do apologize, Godfather.

On a side note though, I consider the negative impact of Hillary Clinton's email scandal almost wholly inconsequential when compared to the negative impact of the social shaping of Donald Trump (elitism, sexism, chauvinism, classism, racism).
    Post edited by benjs on

EV

Godfather.

Godfather.

you have stated that not only should your borders be closed, but that innocent muslims should be sent packing. what does a muslim look like, by the way? how do you describe one?

you are ok with legal immigration, but you want legal immigration stopped for "some". :dizzy:
    yes for the time being, don't you see the problems following muslim migration around the world ?

Godfather.

benjs said:

Godfather.

Have you ever thought that maybe it's not a lack of thought process that you're witnessing, but a more holistic and less pigeon-holed perspective of prospective candidates?

Rational opinion forming on a candidate would involve factoring how aligned you and a candidate are on a topic, factoring in how achievable the candidate's goals are (based on presentation of a plan, and not just saying "we're gonna"), factoring in your inherent bias (and ideally combatting it instead of allowing it to skew your mental weightings), and factoring in how significant you feel the topic is. When you do this on your personal list of most significant topics, you do mental arithmetics to produce a sum that compels you to support one candidate over another. The one thing we can probably all agree on is that we all think one or more members here are permitting for bias to skew our mental weightings tremendously (either per topic or per candidate). This is probably true sometimes, but not all of the time.

Ultimately, I should take back my comment about no thought process being exhibited, because for all I know - what I've written above could very well be what you do with each candidate - so I do apologize, Godfather.

On a side note though, I consider the negative impact of Hillary Clinton's email scandal almost wholly inconsequential when compared to the negative impact of the social shaping of Donald Trump (elitism, sexism, chauvinism, classism, racism).
    here on the train we all have or most feel the need to defend our ideas about a candidate and that's all we've been doing and then it boils down to the poles, it's like betting on horses here on the train, one say's this and the other says that and when voting is finished we see who's horse came in first......ugly analogy I know but at the end of the day that's what social media delivers to the individual who places a bet so when we vote we can say we voted for the best candidate in our opinion and move on.

Godfather.

benjs said:

Godfather.

here on the train we all have or most feel the need to defend our ideas about a candidate and that's all we've been doing and then it boils down to the poles, it's like betting on horses here on the train, one say's this and the other says that and when voting is finished we see who's horse came in first......ugly analogy I know but at the end of the day that's what social media delivers to the individual who places a bet so when we vote we can say we voted for the best candidate in our opinion and move on.

Godfather.
    I think your analogy is flawed. Betting on a horse doesn't alter the horse's performance, whereas our betting on politicians by offering them our votes is directly responsible for the outcome of this race. I also don't understand your non-sequitur response, or many of the ones you've provided on this thread.

Gern explained why the attack based on emails is fallacious, and your response was effectively to state that the emails will be the destruction of Clinton's political career (illogical). I presented you statistical evidence that Clinton's political career in the aftermath of this information is not suffering, and your response was that we're not applying due thought process on the topic (illogical). I asked if you're misconstruing disagreement for lack of thought process, and your response is that it all comes down to polls. Ironically, what I said above is directly based on polls, yet you seemed to disagree.

EV
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,291
    Anyone remember the story that was floated and roundly reported regarding when The Bush Administration moved into the White House that all of the W keys had been removed from all the computer keyboards because of the bitterness over the election outcome? Anyone remember all the feigned outrage by the right wing echo chamber? Turd Blossom laughed all the way to the Iraq war. Those sneaky clintons can't be trusted, not only the clintons but democrats too. Months maybe a year later, the GAO released a report stating that no such event ever occurred as theft or destruction of government property is a felony and they had to investigate (wonder what that cost the taxpayers?). Anybody remember that? I didn't think so.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Check this out:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/02/the-class-act-e-mail/

A page from the republican play book, when policy positions won't get you elected.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    Here's a hint GF. Infowars is shit. It's a step lower than Breitbart. The first step toward truth is disregarding all the "noise" on the internet. It's not a difficult thing to do.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    Is it a fact that Dr. Drew appeared on this show? Probably a fact. Is it a fact that he personally examined HRC and all available records? Fiction. Is he qualified to render an opinion that is more informed than her actual Internist? Fiction.
    From a friend, a robotic engineer:

If I hear one more mindless commentator simply say this is a change election, that 70% of Americans think we're on the wrong track, and that trump represents change...

I agree the country IS on the wrong track! And it's so obviously because of the Republicans controlling Congress! Two of three branches of government! Total obstruction, and idiotic policies.

So let's do the simple math:

- 70% think we're on the wrong track.

- 10% or less approval rating for congress.

- 50+% approval rating for President Obama.

Hmmmm! Seems to me the change required is to sweep the Senate, which will happen. And if the House weren't so egregiously gerrymandered, they'd lose control there too.

Who'd have thunk it, Trump the unifier, all for Democrats with Hillary at the top. Ironic.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    Here's some FACT for you....

If your information comes from the following sites then YES it is FICTION...

Infowars
    Zerohedge
    Newsmax
    Breitbart

If I hear one more mindless commentator simply say this is a change election, that 70% of Americans think we're on the wrong track, and that trump represents change...

I agree the country IS on the wrong track! And it's so obviously because of the Republicans controlling Congress! Two of three branches of government! Total obstruction, and idiotic policies.

Hmmmm! Seems to me the change required is to sweep the Senate, which will happen. And if the House weren't so egregiously gerrymandered, they'd lose control there too.

Who'd have thunk it, Trump the unifier, all for Democrats with Hillary at the top. Ironic.

good summary...

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346

good summary...
    I hate the right/wrong track question for this very reason. Dems will say wrong track because of the rise of Trump and Congress. GOP says it due to Obama and HRC. It's a pointless question today. You get the same answer on Congressional approval (very low) but then people like their rep. They hate congress, but like their guy.
    ummmm so the left winger news outlets are a reliable source .....well I'll be.

Godfather.

ummmm so the left winger news outlets are a reliable source .....well I'll be.

Godfather.

says who? Where are you seeing anyone post a left wing news source?

mrussel1 said:

good summary...
    I hate the right/wrong track question for this very reason. Dems will say wrong track because of the rise of Trump and Congress. GOP says it due to Obama and HRC. It's a pointless question today. You get the same answer on Congressional approval (very low) but then people like their rep. They hate congress, but like their guy.
    he loves her but she loves him and he loves somebody else you just can't win-J.G.B

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

yes for the time being, don't you see the problems following muslim migration around the world ?

Godfather.

nope. I see the problems of muslim stereotyping and fear mongering around the world.

www.headstonesband.com

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

nope. I see the problems of muslim stereotyping and fear mongering around the world.
    cool, we see it differently.

Godfather.

This discussion has been closed.