Options

Need prayers....thoughts, vibes, anything....

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,754
    So good to hear things are moving forward and so well based on the circumstances. It's going to be a tough road getting him to where he needs to be but it is going to be such a rewarding one. You and your husband rock. :)
    Also thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. It makes my day when you post another update and I read that everything is coming together for all of you. :hug:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yup, you and yours are amazing. Know you'd previously posted about other heavy things going on in your life. Not sure if that's still going on, but man, is this admirable.

How fortunate is this boy to have such love in his life.

Also, I love "mawmaw" :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    You are one amazing person. This little boy is so lucky to have you and your hubby in his life.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    RKCNDY said:

You are one amazing person. This little boy is so lucky to have you and your hubby in his life.

+1

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    We are still waiting on the paperwork to arrive from KY so we can get everything settled once and for all....but my mamaw told Keyton today that he was going to come and live with my family and he took the news very well. They said he's very excited for his sleepover this weekend and he was pretending to be me and my hubby yesterday. I don't know exactly what he was doing but my momsaid he was playing like he was us....lol So it sounds like the transition will go pretty smooth, as long as we have my grandma come stay with us for a little bit and then make sure he sees her plenty after that. Which is a big relief. I am glad to know he's ok with coming and staying with us....I was so afraid when they told him he would throw a fit because he didn't want to leave mamaw, but he seems to like spending time with us. :smile:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Just found out that my mom and mamaw got the custody papers today in the mail....and they are going next week to sign over the power of attorney and guardianship to us(just have to sign the filled out paperwork in front of a notary) and so next friday when my husband picks Keyton up, he'll be coming to stay with us for good. My mamaw will ocme and stay with us for a couple weeks to make an easy transition....so we cna finally get him back in school....he's going to be so behind...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    This is a pic I took last weekend of Keyton....he's a doll.

Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Sweet face. How wonderful he's looking forward to being with you, and that it'll be permanent!
  • Options
    Need some more prayers, as we just found out that KY shit the bed on this whole thing and made it that much more difficult for us to get guardianship of him....we have to file it in KY and if they deny it, there is a technicality and because of that if they deny it, then the state of KY could come and take Keyton away until we file again and the state goes through the the propper process. So please pray that they don't deny it due to that technicality....

Also my uncle is pissed off again and has now got my cousin, Keyton's mom all worked up over the whole thing....and when I spoke to hr on saturday she was fine and so happy about us taking him and now she's not....so I am going to write to her again and try to calm her down, it's just a whole mess.

And I am soooo exhausted from all this stress....I am just ready for it to be all over and get a routine going.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    My heart goes out to you. Continued good thoughts that this process goes smoothly. He looks like an absolute sweetheart.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    PJSiren said:

Need some more prayers, as we just found out that KY shit the bed on this whole thing and made it that much more difficult for us to get guardianship of him....we have to file it in KY and if they deny it, there is a technicality and because of that if they deny it, then the state of KY could come and take Keyton away until we file again and the state goes through the the propper process. So please pray that they don't deny it due to that technicality....

Also my uncle is pissed off again and has now got my cousin, Keyton's mom all worked up over the whole thing....and when I spoke to hr on saturday she was fine and so happy about us taking him and now she's not....so I am going to write to her again and try to calm her down, it's just a whole mess.

And I am soooo exhausted from all this stress....I am just ready for it to be all over and get a routine going.

Keeping you in my thoughts..
    He is cute looks so innocent
    I hope things turn out good for you
    And especially for keyton xx oo
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJSiren said:

Oh my goodness, what a huge amount of stress. Make sure you take good care of yourself - this is a long haul, not a sprint, so nourish yourself along the way. Good luck.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224

PJSiren said:

Oh my goodness, what a huge amount of stress. Make sure you take good care of yourself - this is a long haul, not a sprint, so nourish yourself along the way. Good luck.
    +1
    Don't forget to take care of yourself too
  • Options
    I am having one long continuous anxiety attack today....does anyone know how to make one stop???
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I don't know if this will help or not, but a friend of mine who suffers from anxiety attacks recommended to run cool/cold water over your wrists for a minute or so. Do you have any medication you can take, or have you taken some and it is just not working? Sorry you are going through this.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Well, I'm almost off all my meds because of the having a baby thing I posted about before....so that's why I'm having the anxiety and it's not in check....I may try the cool water thing when my boss gets back from lunch and I can leave the office...

It's just that so much keeps happening and changing and we're butting heads with my mom, and she's now allowing my uncle and aunt to come here in a month and stay with her until they get on their feet....and my hubby wants to have a long conversation with my uncle, which I'm all for, I think it would be good for them to talk and get to know each other, except that my hubby wants to wag his finger and place blame(which I know it does lie on my uncle, but it's like does it really need to continue to be brought up?) And there is just so much uncertainty at the moment and I feel lost.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    You are overwhelmed, no doubt about it. There is so much up in the air, and it sounds as if the situation keeps changing daily, if not hourly. Please know that you have a lot of support here. And please feel free to PM me if you just want to vent (beyond posting on the forums).
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    It does...it really does, and the caseworker tells my hubby one thing and then tells my mom something different....so that is frustrating too. Then we can't get his immunization records from the doctor in KY, my gma has been trying for two weeks and they still haven't sent them, and we need them to get him in school. And the caseworker didn't send my mom certified copy of the custody documents so they couldn't get his SS card everything is just a clusterfuck! It's all stressing me out and I just want to crawl under a blanket and disappear for a while...but even sleeping hasn't helped me feel better...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited October 2015
    PJSiren said:

I am having one long continuous anxiety attack today....does anyone know how to make one stop???

Breathing exercises can help. Stop, close your eyes, breathe in for 10 second through the mouth, slowly out through the nose. Repeat 20 times. If you get dizzy you're doing it too fast, lol.
    I'm sure an Ativan would help too!
    Sorry to hear about the roadblocks that keep popping up. Just remember to keep your eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I've tried the breathing, just not working....ativan would help...too bad I don't have any...lol

I'm trying! :smile:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    PJSiren said:

I've tried the breathing, just not working....ativan would help...too bad I don't have any...lol

How about a bottle of wine? :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Hope the anxiety has passed some, PJS. It's an awful feeling.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

How about a bottle of wine? :)
    If only I drank....lol I used to but I really just stay away from alcohol anymore for the most part because so much of it causes migraines.
    hedonist said:

Hope the anxiety has passed some, PJS. It's an awful feeling.

I'm feeling a little better as I work....and my hubby got some info about the school and a daycare and so that helped a little...but I'm still having some.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Sometimes trying to make the anxiety go away can make it feel even worse, because you try and try and it's still there and you start to feel like something is wrong with you, and it goes 'round and 'round. Sometimes it helps to just recognize the feelings and thoughts and acknowledge that they suck but that this will pass and things will get better.

And then when you get off work you can crank up the PJ again!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I've got the PJ on again right now....and it's helping. I can listen to music outloud on my Kindle after my boss gets off at 4, and so I'm listening to Lightning Bolt right now...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you are having to deal with...just when you feel like everything seems to be going smoothly.

Can you take a nice long hot bath with some lavender, maybe just take 20-30 minutes to yourself to just gather thoughts.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,500
    oh Siren! I'd been wondering how things have been going. I sure wish it was better for you, your hubby and Keyton. As SD said, you do have a lot of support here....I hope it can find it's way to you. I think we are all convinced you guys are Keyton's best option (by far). It will work out!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,754
    I just wanted to echo what SD said earlier we are all here for you and if you want to vent a little more off the rails then PM me. Sometimes being able to say whatever emotions are coursing through can help calm the storm. I wish there was more we could do to help, but we will do whatever we can from where ever we are. Stay strong and keep the faith that that sweet little boy will come to your house settle in and get on with his life. All the rest is just noise, very loud noise right now but noise none the less.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Anxiety is awful (been there). If not meds, music is the thing that helps me most. Love the photo of Keyton - he's kind of ridiculously cute.

Hang in there.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    PJSiren said:

Well, I'm almost off all my meds because of the having a baby thing I posted about before....so that's why I'm having the anxiety and it's not in check....I may try the cool water thing when my boss gets back from lunch and I can leave the office...

It's just that so much keeps happening and changing and we're butting heads with my mom, and she's now allowing my uncle and aunt to come here in a month and stay with her until they get on their feet....and my hubby wants to have a long conversation with my uncle, which I'm all for, I think it would be good for them to talk and get to know each other, except that my hubby wants to wag his finger and place blame(which I know it does lie on my uncle, but it's like does it really need to continue to be brought up?) And there is just so much uncertainty at the moment and I feel lost.

Sorry you are suffering anxiety but if your not on melds I know Saint johns wort is good for all that kind of stuff as well as mental instability but I'm not sure if you can take it pregnant so just check with the pharmicist at the moment I'm taking magnesium complete it suppose to be a good relaxer with stress but again check if you can but I know breathing is supposed to help and maybe some tai chi but when I have anxiety I have a jasmine tea and feel that it helps me most times
    Hope you feel better soon