Options

Need prayers....thoughts, vibes, anything....

Comments

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    My thoughts are with you and your family. Sending good vibes your way.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Just a quick update...they got here safe and sound last night...so relieved! He is a doll, such a happy baby despite everything and I will continue to keep you guys posted.

My uncle was released from jail, but it sounds like they could go after him for terroristic threats....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Glad they're safe and sound. :plus_one:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Hobbes said:

Yes!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    SD48277 said:

Hobbes said:

Yes!
    +1

PJSiren if there's anything you need or just wanna talk, I'm here.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,604
    Yeah, I'm sending some love vibes! That sounds like an awful situation, and it's really admirable that you're willing to step in and carry such responsibility for the sake of the little one who needs so much love and care. This is turning your life upside-down I'm sure, but it's wonderful that his life might finally get going on the right track. Good for you, and good luck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    PJSiren said:

Just a quick update...they got here safe and sound last night...so relieved! He is a doll, such a happy baby despite everything and I will continue to keep you guys posted.

My uncle was released from jail, but it sounds like they could go after him for terroristic threats....

nice to read..:)
    thanks for the update
  • Options
    Thank you all...currently he is with my mom and my grandma....but I spoke to the caseworker, and at the hearing today the Judge ruled for temporary custody to be awarded to the state....and then they have to have the state of oregon check on him, and they may have them check our house too so that it could be recommended that he be placed with us directly, as I have exressed my concern that my grandma just can't care for him long term, it's too exhausting on her. And for other reasons my mom can't either. So his best bet is for us to take him because we can do it as we are younger and have the means to put him on our insurance which he needs, and we can enroll him in school and get him to the doctors, and all that stuff. My mom also spoke with the caseworker, and explained the tension between my uncle and me and my husband but said that doesn't effect our ability to care for a child, and that we already have a child at home and are good parents and would be his best bet.

So hopefully we'll here something in the next day or so about all this...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

Thank you all...currently he is with my mom and my grandma....but I spoke to the caseworker, and at the hearing today the Judge ruled for temporary custody to be awarded to the state....and then they have to have the state of oregon check on him, and they may have them check our house too so that it could be recommended that he be placed with us directly, as I have exressed my concern that my grandma just can't care for him long term, it's too exhausting on her. And for other reasons my mom can't either. So his best bet is for us to take him because we can do it as we are younger and have the means to put him on our insurance which he needs, and we can enroll him in school and get him to the doctors, and all that stuff. My mom also spoke with the caseworker, and explained the tension between my uncle and me and my husband but said that doesn't effect our ability to care for a child, and that we already have a child at home and are good parents and would be his best bet.

oh no, does that mean they took him into a group home? My heart breaks for him.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

No no, he's still with my grandma and mom...he's ok.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

No no, he's still with my grandma and mom...he's ok.
    Thank god.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    im glad your going to take him with you and im sure he will be in good care..
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    hang in there....you're doing a great thing! :heart:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Holyshit pjsiren, how did I not see this thread. Hope all is well and def sending some positive vibes!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Vibes. Sounds like my old job as a social worker every day for 10 yrs. Soul crushing work watching kids and their families suffer.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Vibes. Sounds like my old job as a social worker every day for 10 yrs. Soul crushing work watching kids and their families suffer.

But you have positive points. The positive thing in this situation is that there ARE family members who want to care for him. They want to keep him out of the system. The county always loves the positive family stories. Family who wants the best for the child and is willing to work hard to make good things happen. From the dark tunnels of horrible stories of what children go through (adopted through the county and we heard a lot of stories and saw a lot of burned out workers) there are nuggets like what PJSiren is trying to do that make it all worth it.

PJSiren, we're there for you. I know that you aren't doing this to have people tell you that you are awesome. You are doing this because you felt called to do this for your family and for this kiddo. How great it is that you, your husband and daughter are working together to make this happen. :plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    You know the core of people in this group are pretty awesome. Good for you PJSiren. I have fingers crossed for all of you. Positive vibes, thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,523
    My thoughts with you PJSiren..be strong
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    I hope you hear some good news about being able to take him soon. Stay strong , and don't forget to look after yourself. This must be such a full on time for you. More good vibes on their way :heart:
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    Have not been on in awhile, so missed this, but I echo everyone else on staying strong and taking care of yourself! You guys are doing a wonderful thing for your cousin's son! I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    Thank you all...I'm feeling the love and prayers...we got word today that the judge awarded custody to my mom and grandma permanently, and so he will not go into the system. Then once they get all the paperwork from KY for that, they are going to place him with my husband ad daughter and I, and we will go from there....my anxiety has finally stopped today after I got that news. I fele so much better. My uncle and I have made up and he's feeling better about the whole thing. We just want what is best for Keyton and everyone involved, and my uncle just was not equipt to take care of him and his wife who is sick, both mentally and physically and her caring for Keyton took a tole on her, and that's what lead to all this happening. It will be for the best, and we don't intend to keep him away from his family that he knows and loves, we just want them to all get better and own their mistakes and learn from them. I want to see my cousin, his mom, get out of jail and stay clean and get a job and better herself so we can give him back to her. I have been writing post cards to her, and I feel good about the communication with her, I think it will be a good thing for her too, to hear from more than just my grandma how much she is loved despite the total screw ups she's had....that we all still love her and want her to get better...I believe she is working on getting her GED while she's in jail too...so that's a plus. And I've seen my best friend turn her life around after spending some time in prison when she was young...so I know it's possible and want to do everything I can to help her.

Things have been rough the last couple weeks, but with today's ruling, it's looking up. and again I feel all your love and prayers working and want you to know that it is so appreciated!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm very glad things are going in the right direction for you! Go out for a nice dinner to celebrate...maybe take a nice long hot bath.

Lots of hugs to you!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJSiren said:

Thank you all...I'm feeling the love and prayers...we got word today that the judge awarded custody to my mom and grandma permanently, and so he will not go into the system. Then once they get all the paperwork from KY for that, they are going to place him with my husband ad daughter and I, and we will go from there....my anxiety has finally stopped today after I got that news. I fele so much better. My uncle and I have made up and he's feeling better about the whole thing. We just want what is best for Keyton and everyone involved, and my uncle just was not equipt to take care of him and his wife who is sick, both mentally and physically and her caring for Keyton took a tole on her, and that's what lead to all this happening. It will be for the best, and we don't intend to keep him away from his family that he knows and loves, we just want them to all get better and own their mistakes and learn from them. I want to see my cousin, his mom, get out of jail and stay clean and get a job and better herself so we can give him back to her. I have been writing post cards to her, and I feel good about the communication with her, I think it will be a good thing for her too, to hear from more than just my grandma how much she is loved despite the total screw ups she's had....that we all still love her and want her to get better...I believe she is working on getting her GED while she's in jail too...so that's a plus. And I've seen my best friend turn her life around after spending some time in prison when she was young...so I know it's possible and want to do everything I can to help her.

Things have been rough the last couple weeks, but with today's ruling, it's looking up. and again I feel all your love and prayers working and want you to know that it is so appreciated!!!

Great to hear he isn't going into the system. A truly wonderful and selfless thing you are doing for him. As someone who bounced around in the system as a youth, I am super appreciative of people such as yourself. Much peace and love coming from this direction.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    So glad to hear you have good news and finally some stability, for you and the boy. All the best in this next chapter, which I'm sure is going to be tough but well worth it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJSiren I think I have some post cards from a charity or something laying around, would you like me to mail them to you in a regular envelope so you can use them to write to your cousin? If so pm me your address
  • Options
    Great news, PJS! Keep us posted. Do you have kids of Keyton's age living nearby? :hug:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    There are some little kids in the neighborhood...hopefully we can make him some friends...yes....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,758
    So glad is working out for everyone involved. Hugs and love to you and yours. Major props for you and your family for being exemplary stand up people. Not everyone is willing to change their life for someone who needs it, nice to see there are still some great ones out there.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    We had him for the weekend, it it went well, it is exhausting because of his needs so I am very tired today but I know we can do it, it will just take getting used to everything...and getting in a routine with him. He was very well behaved for us all weekend until my mom and mamaw came to pick him up again, and then he was naughty...I think because he knows my grandma won't do anything but my husband put him in time out for it before they left. No one has ever disciplined him so we have a long haul ahead of us there....and they babied him way too much, which will stop with us too....he will be treated like any other 5 year old, not special because of his handicap because we don't want him to grow up thinking he should be treated differently just because he's in a wheel chair....you know what I mean? We don't want him to think he's entitled....and there are several behaviors to break that he is way too old to still be doing at 5 like screaming at the top of his lungs on a regular basis....and sucking his thumb....we will have our hands full, but we know we can do it.

I also spoke to his mommy, the one in prison, on Friday night and she talked to him and said he sounded the happiest he has sounded in a while....so that's a good thing, he enjoys being with us. And he loved playing with our dogs....and Pearl just adores him. So it will be rough, but I know it will be ok....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I was just thinking of you guys! I guess the worthwhile things are never easy. You guys rock! :heart:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16