Options

What the hell happen in Virginia??

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601

Where is the resilience in people?

Why, when facing a personal struggle, do people feel that this is a reasonable option?

How have people lost the will to fight through the tough times instead of giving up like this pathetic piece of s**t?

Reasonable people don't think this is a reasonable option. That's why only unreasonable, unstable people do something like this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

What of the woman the crew was filming?

I believe she wasn't hurt and we can be thankful for that... but imagine what she's going through right now.

She was shot as well.
    Is in hospital in critical condition
    Expected to survive
    Fak.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

racism ? a white camraman and a white reporter killed by a black man with a racism complaint that was tossed out and soon after he was let go because he was a problem to work with for several co-workers, just thinking maybe it's more than a gun issue.

Godfather.

Wow. Gf, congratulations, you think outside of the box. Now come on back to the real world.
    do you think that it's not a possibilty or even the facts so far do not hint at a racist act ?
    but I understand, while we are all saying how sad this news is it just does not feel good to bring up racism or even gun control.

Godfather.

No, I haven't had k e thought of this being anything about racism. It appears to be about a disgruntled employee. It also appears that this sick fuck used racism to file several different complaints against past employers. I don't think he picked these 2 former coworkers because they were white.

To me the better question is how an emotionally unstable person such as this was able to get a gun. Not was he racist.
    Bingo
    Wait, the guy made complaints that the reports about him to HR were racially motivated, and he called the reporter a racist.... so how is racism not an issue here?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Where is the resilience in people?

Why, when facing a personal struggle, do people feel that this is a reasonable option?

How have people lost the will to fight through the tough times instead of giving up like this pathetic piece of s**t?

Reasonable people don't think this is a reasonable option. That's why only unreasonable, unstable people do something like this.
    Yes. And how do people reach this state of mind? How have we not prepared people to deal with adversity in some productive manner... let alone respect others and have even the most remote levels of empathy?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    PJ_Soul said:

racism ? a white camraman and a white reporter killed by a black man with a racism complaint that was tossed out and soon after he was let go because he was a problem to work with for several co-workers, just thinking maybe it's more than a gun issue.

Godfather.

Wow. Gf, congratulations, you think outside of the box. Now come on back to the real world.
    do you think that it's not a possibilty or even the facts so far do not hint at a racist act ?
    but I understand, while we are all saying how sad this news is it just does not feel good to bring up racism or even gun control.

Godfather.

No, I haven't had k e thought of this being anything about racism. It appears to be about a disgruntled employee. It also appears that this sick fuck used racism to file several different complaints against past employers. I don't think he picked these 2 former coworkers because they were white.

To me the better question is how an emotionally unstable person such as this was able to get a gun. Not was he racist.
    Bingo
    Wait, the guy made complaints that the reports about him to HR were racially motivated, and he called the reporter a racist.... so how is racism not an issue here?
    I don't think that info was out yet (or had just dropped), when that conversation was had.

Now with that info, there is a clearly racial motivation here.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Bingo
    I just don't see how it makes a bit of difference if this was motivated by race.

The bigger question as stated was...

To me the better question is how an emotionally unstable person such as this was able to get a gun. Not was he racist
  • Options
    Some people reject all help offered to them, so just because someone didn't get help, it doesn't mean it wasn't available.
    And some people are just crazypants.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Godfather.

Godfather.

Just think about how many demented folks are out there that have weapons and are an episode away from doing shit like this ....
    good point but if these people want to kill they will use another method.

Godfather.

What method?

And why do people not die as often in "another method" in other countries?
    home made bombs, knives, poison even thier bare hands, there are many ways to kill and getting rid of guns in the US would only create a black market for weapons and home made weapons then you would have more criminals with guns than good people, the number of unregistered guns in the US must be in the millions and that on top of the registered gun owners, you seem to think of yourself as an intelligent person..how easy is it make a gun in your work shop ? with a piece of pipe ?, before shell style rounds it was black powder and a lead ball shot out of a piece of pipe, we have bow and arrow, crossbows, spears and things as simple as a sharp stick, this is America and this country and it's people will never give up our guns no matter how much none gun owners snivle and cry, but I think you know that.

Godfather.

• Options
    I wonder how many time people have said to GF that no one is trying to stop people from having guns on these boards? 100? 1000? I wonder when it will sink into GF's head? Maybe 2000 times will do it?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

Godfather.

Godfather.

Just think about how many demented folks are out there that have weapons and are an episode away from doing shit like this ....

Godfather.

What method?

home made bombs, knives, poison even thier bare hands, there are many ways to kill and getting rid of guns in the US would only create a black market for weapons and home made weapons then you would have more criminals with guns than good people, the number of unregistered guns in the US must be in the millions and that on top of the registered gun owners, you seem to think of yourself as an intelligent person..how easy is it make a gun in your work shop ? with a piece of pipe ?, before shell style rounds it was black powder and a lead ball shot out of a piece of pipe, we have bow and arrow, crossbows, spears and things as simple as a sharp stick, this is America and this country and it's people will never give up our guns no matter how much none gun owners snivle and cry, but I think you know that.

Godfather.

no one is proposing banning guns...no one has ever proposed that to my knowledge
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

What method?

Godfather.

Lead 'em to a cliff and push 'em off too, Godfather. Don't forget about that one.

None gun owners snivle and cry?

Hahahaha hahahaha hahaha!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I wonder how many time people have said to GF that no one is trying to stop people from having guns on these boards? 100? 1000? I wonder when it will sink into GF's head? Maybe 2000 times will do it?

exactly....and how many of us that own guns have to keep saying "hey we own guns and we are for stricter control" until it sinks in?

GF must smoke tons of weed. His short term memory is gone.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

What method?

Godfather.

So why are there not regular mass killing throughout other civilized countries at the hands of poison, knives or bare hands? If Adam Lanza went into Sandy Hook with a knife do you reckon there would be 26 dead people including 20 children

I am pretty pretty pretty sure people would not be making bombs at the rate of multiple mass shootings a month.

It is literally uneducated dispshits in this country with that idiotic mentality that you outline above that is literally the cause of 20 children being murdered. I partially fault people like you for 20 children being murdered and people losing family members today
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    GF, If all guns in US disappeared tomorrow do you think murders would go down?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Evidently this guy felt like he had been "wronged" in some way, and it was indeed at least to some extent, racially motivated.

This may have been a turning point for me personally. I have always felt that people should have the right to own a gun for protection or hunting. I still believe that...but damn...something has to be done to get them out of the hands of the whack jobs. There has to be a balance attained, and I have no freaking clue how that could come about. Eliminating them altogether seems impossible. No matter what the gun laws are, there will always be the criminal element that will happily go on a free range shooting spree whenever they feel like it (Chicago).

I just feel as a species we are dumber, more drugged up, and crazier than I think we've ever been. And that's taking into account the fucked up shit we did back in medieval times. I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but dammit, something has changed in us over the last 25 years or so. I don't know if it's in the food, the overabundance of prescribed anti-psychotics, or something in the water...but something is destroying us from the inside mentally.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Shawshank said:

Evidently this guy felt like he had been "wronged" in some way, and it was indeed at least to some extent, racially motivated.

This may have been a turning point for me personally. I have always felt that people should have the right to own a gun for protection or hunting. I still believe that...but damn...something has to be done to get them out of the hands of the whack jobs. There has to be a balance attained, and I have no freaking clue how that could come about. Eliminating them altogether seems impossible. No matter what the gun laws are, there will always be the criminal element that will happily go on a free range shooting spree whenever they feel like it (Chicago).

I just feel as a species we are dumber, more drugged up, and crazier than I think we've ever been. And that's taking into account the fucked up shit we did back in medieval times. I don't wear a tinfoil hat, but dammit, something has changed in us over the last 25 years or so. I don't know if it's in the food, the overabundance of prescribed anti-psychotics, or something in the water...but something is destroying us from the inside mentally.

Australia did it. Not impossible but highly unlikely.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

yes and no butts about it, that's true with anything that causes death tho, eleminate cars and truck and watch traffic deaths decline to zero, eleminate booze and watch booze related deaths drop to zero and so on.

Godfather.

• Options

callen said:

yes and no butts about it, that's true with anything that causes death tho, eleminate cars and truck and watch traffic deaths decline to zero, eleminate booze and watch booze related deaths drop to zero and so on.

Godfather.

Holy shit, dude. This is beyond words.
  • Options
    eliminate food and fewer people will die from choking on food

brilliant

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312

eliminate food and fewer people will die from choking on food

brilliant

lol lol lmao that is funny .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

callen said:

Godfather.

Sad part is his vote on serious issues like this counts just as much as yours and mine.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Sad part is his vote on serious issues like this counts just as much as yours and mine.
    This is what I've been saying lately. It's an inherent flaw with democracy.

I'm not sure absolute rule is better, but it sure pisses someone off when someone who can't spell 'cat' has as much influence as someone who's educated themselves and has a solid understanding of the issues that present themselves.

You guys need a really kind, gentle, wise King to run your country. Leave the idiocy in the turnip fields- not steering policies.

* No, GF... this was not a veiled insult towards you.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940

callen said:

Godfather.

When innocents die in numbers that label gun assaults an EPIDEMIC, and you have a cure, why are you so damn hasty to label it unconstitutional to consider stricter gun reforms, as opposed to saying your pathetic constitutional rights - long since antiquated - ought to be revised in the interests of your country which you claim to love?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options

callen said:

Godfather.

why ? is any of that not true ?

Godfather.

• Options
    pureoc said:

callen said:

Godfather.

hahhahhahah aint that a bitch, and there are millions more who feel the same way I do.

Godfather.

• Options
    benjs said:

callen said:

Godfather.

When innocents die in numbers that label gun assaults an EPIDEMIC, and you have a cure, why are you so damn hasty to label it unconstitutional to consider stricter gun reforms, as opposed to saying your pathetic constitutional rights - long since antiquated - ought to be revised in the interests of your country which you claim to love?
    you live in canada ? has anybody ever estamated the amount of illegal guns in your country ? honestly I'm just curious because I'll bet there are a grip of them and murders with or without guns how many a year...1-2-200 ? more ? I know for a fact you have a few outlaw clubs in canada and you can't tell me they are unarmed.

Godfather.

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

pureoc said:

callen said:

Godfather.

hahhahhahah aint that a bitch, and there are millions more who feel the same way I do.

Godfather.

"What the American public doesn't know makes them the Anerican public" - Dan Akroyd in "Tommy Boy"
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options

callen said:

Godfather.

why ? is any of that not true ?

Godfather.

I honestly can't respond to your complete idiocy any more on a day like today. It's depressing what happened and depressing that people with your opinions exist.
  • Options

benjs said:

callen said:

Godfather.

you live in canada ? has anybody ever estamated the amount of illegal guns in your country ? honestly I'm just curious because I'll bet there are a grip of them and murders with or without guns how many a year...1-2-200 ? more ? I know for a fact you have a few outlaw clubs in canada and you can't tell me they are unarmed.

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

callen said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

It'd be funny if it wasn't sad.