Options

What the hell happen in Virginia??

Comments

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    So fucked up..I guess the cameraman's wife was a producer for the station and watched it go down..it was also her last day at that station.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

racism ? a white camraman and a white reporter killed by a black man with a racism complaint that was tossed out and soon after he was let go because he was a problem to work with for several co-workers, just thinking maybe it's more than a gun issue.

Godfather.

You are not an intelligent person
    so the white guy killing all the black people in church was not racism ?
    your world must be dark and dank judging by where your head seems to be..

Godfather.

• Options
    holy shit....the guy recorded it himself and put in on twitter. He walked right up behind the camera guy and had his gun out. None of the three victims appeared to even look at him prior to him shooting.

unreal

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

racism ? a white camraman and a white reporter killed by a black man with a racism complaint that was tossed out and soon after he was let go because he was a problem to work with for several co-workers, just thinking maybe it's more than a gun issue.

Godfather.

Wow. Gf, congratulations, you think outside of the box. Now come on back to the real world.
    do you think that it's not a possibilty or even the facts so far do not hint at a racist act ?
    but I understand, while we are all saying how sad this news is it just does not feel good to bring up racism or even gun control.

Godfather.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    I just saw the video the merderer upload while he was killing them...
    Omg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

I just saw the video the merderer upload while he was killing them...
    Omg

yeah crazy stuff....I can't believe no one saw him

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,594
    edited August 2015
    hedonist said:

Their families watched them die.

dimi, it's like the local news is just salivating to keep showing the video...ad nauseum.

Fuckin' crazy indeed.

I watched the vid and there isn't really anything to see. You don't actually see them shot (not in the vid from the news station anyway... saw above that the shooter posted vids from a go-pro too?? Haven't seen those). But you do hear the poor reporter screaming. :frowning:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    which does show that even if all three of the victims had been armed they still didn't have a chance

The surprise shooter will win every time.

That argument (more guns) won't fly.

• Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited August 2015

Godfather.

Wow. Gf, congratulations, you think outside of the box. Now come on back to the real world.
    In his video, as he points the gun at the reporter, he calls her a white bitch. GF isn't very far off.

**Correction, he says "bitch" not white bitch.
    Post edited by wall232 on
    NYPJ
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Godfather.

do you think that it's not a possibilty or even the facts so far do not hint at a racist act ?
    but I understand, while we are all saying how sad this news is it just does not feel good to bring up racism or even gun control.

Godfather.

Did the perpetrator say that I hate white people and I want them all dead? This may just be a planned situation where he wanted to commit this heinous act on live TV. While the victims happened to be all white. I'm thinking it appears that it was far more important to him that this act appear on live TV to get whatever point he wanted to get across.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited August 2015
    g under p said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Did the perpetrator say that I hate white people and I want them all dead? This may just be a planned situation where he wanted to commit this heinous act on live TV. While the victims happened to be all white. I'm thinking it appears that it was far more important to him that this act appear on live TV to get whatever point he wanted to get across.

Peace

The shooter posted tweets saying that the reporter is a racist, so yeah, I'd take that as a hint about this being at least partly racially motivated.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    edited August 2015
    JimmyV said:

Fucking awful. And nothing will change. Nothing at all.

Kids were massacred in a school, people killed on live tv, killed while at church, and even a senator severely wounded and not a damn thing has or will change. Why? Cause money and the NRA don't want it to. Truly disgusting that peoples "right" to own a gun is more important than innocent peoples right to live.
    Post edited by pureoc on
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

Godfather.

You are not an intelligent person
    so the white guy killing all the black people in church was not racism ?
    your world must be dark and dank judging by where your head seems to be..

Godfather.

Goodness
  • Options
    Yeah, the church shooting was racially motivated. And this shooting seems to have been at least partially racially motivated. Wtf are you guys going on about?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited August 2015

Godfather.

Godfather.

No, I haven't had k e thought of this being anything about racism. It appears to be about a disgruntled employee. It also appears that this sick fuck used racism to file several different complaints against past employers. I don't think he picked these 2 former coworkers because they were white.

To me the better question is how an emotionally unstable person such as this was able to get a gun. Not was he racist.
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

No, I haven't had k e thought of this being anything about racism. It appears to be about a disgruntled employee. It also appears that this sick fuck used racism to file several different complaints against past employers. I don't think he picked these 2 former coworkers because they were white.

To me the better question is how an emotionally unstable person such as this was able to get a gun. Not was he racist.
    Bingo
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312

Godfather.

Godfather.

Just think about how many demented folks are out there that have weapons and are an episode away from doing shit like this ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Where is the resilience in people?

Why, when facing a personal struggle, do people feel that this is a reasonable option?

How have people lost the will to fight through the tough times instead of giving up like this pathetic piece of s**t?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Godfather.

Godfather.

Just think about how many demented folks are out there that have weapons and are an episode away from doing shit like this ....
    Sadly these kinds of shootings will continue and the next one probably worse or more gruesome than the last. I certainly hope not though.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Sadly these kinds of shootings will continue and the next one probably worse or more gruesome than the last. I certainly hope not though.

Peace

Nothing is ever going to change. If the murder of kids in school doesn't change anything, I can't imagine what will. This will happen again and again and again and again. Some worse than others, all destroying families until this country wakes up and realizes that this does not happen in other places in the world.
  • Options
    And for those suggesting people need to 'get a grip' and place responsibility on the shooter and not the gun... come home from the fair. People have attributed responsibility to the shooter. And, at the same time, they point to the obvious problems having such liberal gun laws.

Every country has its fair share of unstable lunatics- they're definitely in Canada. But thank common sense that we have removed easy access to weaponry so that every lunatic we have isn't sitting there like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

It's ri-god-damn-diculous. Seriously.
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

good point but if these people want to kill they will use another method.

Godfather.

• Options
    What of the woman the crew was filming?

I believe she wasn't hurt and we can be thankful for that... but imagine what she's going through right now.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

What method?

And why do people not die as often in "another method" in other countries?

This is literally the most idiotic, lamest and most absurd argument ever focused on idiots who are the lowest common denominator in America.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

No they won't. What other method do you think they can resort to that carries the level of detachment and effectiveness as a gun?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,983
    edited August 2015
    true, but could they be as effective as something thats actually manufactured with the explicit purpose to take life?

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    edited August 2015

What of the woman the crew was filming?

I believe she wasn't hurt and we can be thankful for that... but imagine what she's going through right now.

She was shot as well.
    Is in hospital in critical condition
    Expected to survive