Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    One of the problems with this release is it doesn't seem to be a 10c only release. Santos was pretty quick to respond when asked about Live at the Moore going to retail. There were no responses when people asked about this one. They also stated they sold out of their allotment. If I were a betting person I would guess that the 10c doesn't have all the details, only what they managed to acquire to sell.

It does seem like the release is limited (as the 10c did sell out of their portion). Online retailers may be placing orders for a bunch of copies but we've seen with other releases that sometimes they only get a portion of what they wanted (at delivery time). I guess we'll find out how small the pressing is when we find out how many people got their orders fulfulled by other stores.

I agree education is key. 10c is pretty good but their shipping is a tad expensive and its in US dollars which are getting really expensive now. It's obviously a lot o cheaper for me to order things from amazon canada (or my local record store) than to order from 10c. Thus it's nice to get information about whether or not things will be available outside the 10c. I got lucky and ordered from 10c but that was due to figuring out shipping was cheaper when you put all 3 vinyl releases in the cart (vault 5 and both mad season's). So I put in the order to cut down the shipping for vault 5 (in my own logic).
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    scurtis said:

kramer73 said:

scurtis said:

This is an interesting topic of conversation...It made me wonder if it is the 10c way of keeping flippers from getting their hands on the rare merchandise. Follow this line of thinking: They offer a limited item without indicating it is limited either in the body of the description or in applying a pre-sale end date. The idea that the item will be available for anyone to purchase makes it less appealing to flippers while real fans of Mad Season purchase the album because they are fans...not people looking to get their hands on a rarity. The album has a limited number of pressings and, when that number is reached, the 10c stops selling the album on-line.

It will be interesting to see if the reseller market (Ebay, Amazon, etc.) has very many of these available for the secondary consumer. I am pleased that I put my order in....from what I have heard on Sirius it is going to be a winner....

I think if we see cancellations coming from these other sources like Bullmoose etc..., you've likely hit the nail on the head.

Santos has mad reference to flippers in the past, wouldn't surprise me at all that they would do this, I think if any business cares about flipping (some do, some don't) they have a right to do what they want to try and curb it.

As a business, they aren't losing money to flippers. If they were, they would charge more (which would cause the flippers to charge more). They are providing a limited product (or aren't, we haven't been told), and this is why we have people who buy things only to sell for a higher price.
    I didn't say they were losing money to flippers, I just said if they care about people flipping they can do what they want, like this if it is limited, to curb it.
    You are correct, I was merely making a statement about flippers.

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    Few fan's have already received the CD in the mail.
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    Still no word on vinyl shipments?
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Someone on amazon has a better chance now. I cancelled my order. way too many vinyl purchases lately plus vacation lol
  • OttOtt Posts: 403
    Crickets... Guess we're not getting them anytime soon (especially knowing the "innovative" route it will most likely take to the house). Be nice to get access to a download while we wait for whatever the issue may be. Strange, the lack of any communication.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • CD arrived today! Can't listen to it until tomorrow, but it sure looks pretty!
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    Got some info from Easy Street, according to them the vinyl has been pushed back to Sept. 11 and is not a limited run.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,138
    Horse2345 said:

Got some info from Easy Street, according to them the vinyl has been pushed back to Sept. 11 and is not a limited run.

Thats great to know!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    Zod said:

One of the problems with this release is it doesn't seem to be a 10c only release. Santos was pretty quick to respond when asked about Live at the Moore going to retail. There were no responses when people asked about this one. They also stated they sold out of their allotment. If I were a betting person I would guess that the 10c doesn't have all the details, only what they managed to acquire to sell.

It does seem like the release is limited (as the 10c did sell out of their portion). Online retailers may be placing orders for a bunch of copies but we've seen with other releases that sometimes they only get a portion of what they wanted (at delivery time). I guess we'll find out how small the pressing is when we find out how many people got their orders fulfulled by other stores.

I agree education is key. 10c is pretty good but their shipping is a tad expensive and its in US dollars which are getting really expensive now. It's obviously a lot o cheaper for me to order things from amazon canada (or my local record store) than to order from 10c. Thus it's nice to get information about whether or not things will be available outside the 10c. I got lucky and ordered from 10c but that was due to figuring out shipping was cheaper when you put all 3 vinyl releases in the cart (vault 5 and both mad season's). So I put in the order to cut down the shipping for vault 5 (in my own logic).

Just like the Mother Love Bone release?!?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Just got home and uploaded the CD to my iTunes. New computer, new CD. Like it was meant to be.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    Horse2345 said:

Great news, thanks for letting us know!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Did this had digital free with the ones order the vinyl?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

Did this had digital free with the ones order the vinyl?

I don't think they've said anything about this either way. Maybe the album will have a download code inside it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    Sure be nice if they would give some kind of update, as far as we know from 10c it's still being released friday but that's not what other retailers are saying.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think they've said anything about this either way. Maybe the album will have a download code inside it.

From 10club .. "There are no plans for an MP3."

It could change. Could change to a 24Bit Flac-HD digital download!!!! AH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe ..
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Hello,

We received word today from our vinyl manufacturer that the MAD SEASON / SEATTLE SYMPHONY / SONIC EVOLUTION Vinyl pressing has been delayed due to extreme weather/heat in Czech Republic.

We expect to receive product soon, and will begin processing orders as soon as the vinyl arrives in Seattle.

You will receive tracking information via email when MAD SEASON / SEATTLE SYMPHONY / SONIC EVOLUTION lands.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

10c
    I have the CD and can convert to FLAC and/or ALAC tonight. It won't be HD, but it'll still be lossless. Keep you guys posted.
    edited August 2015
    Ok, maybe not. My damn file converter app isn't working right for some reason. I'll keep trying. In the meantime:

Here it is in 320kbps AAC
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

Ok, maybe not. My damn file converter app isn't working right for some reason. I'll keep trying. In the meantime:

Thanks, man. Listening now. Sounds great. :plus_one:

Awesome, thank you! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 374

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Horse2345 said:

Limited usually refers to release where they announce the specific size of the pressing and number all the copies. It could be unintentionally limited. IE they pressed 5000 copies but didn't make a big wave about it being limited. I wonder how many they will press....
    Zod said:

Horse2345 said:

Limited usually refers to release where they announce the specific size of the pressing and number all the copies. It could be unintentionally limited. IE they pressed 5000 copies but didn't make a big wave about it being limited. I wonder how many they will press....
    Yeah, every single release ever is limited, technically.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    CD came Tuesday. Whata amazing 10 songs, I just it was the full show.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

@ Pearl Jam's Facebook page .. 9 minutes ago ..

The Mad Season / Seattle Symphony “Sonic Evolution” Benaroya Hall LP is now available.

http://pearljam.com/goods/

The LP? It's not available. Might want to edit that one.
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    demetrios said:

The Mad Season / Seattle Symphony “Sonic Evolution” Benaroya Hall LP is now available.

More on the way? Please make it happen!
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    tino_11 said:

demetrios said:

More on the way? Please make it happen!
    Looks like they took that post down over on Facebook. It's still on Twitter though.
    Would be great if they put more copies up @ the 10club store.
    http://myradio929.com/2015/08/28/chris-cornell-talks-mad-seasons-seattle-reunion-show/

Chris Cornell Talks Mad Season’s Seattle Reunion Show

Out today is Mad Season's Sonic Evolution/January 302015/Benaroya, recorded during the Seattle "supergroup's" special reunion show with the Seattle Symphony.

Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready and Barrett Martin remain from the original lineup, with Soundgarden's Chris Cornell stepping in for late frontman Layne Staley of Alice in Chains and Guns N' Roses' Duff McKagan subbing for the late John Baker Saunders. The set also features guest appearances by Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament and Alice in Chains drummer Sean Kinney, performing not only Mad Season material but also from the Temple of the Dog tribute project.

"Well, that's not something we ever really talked about, but I can say that I really enjoyed being on stage with those guys, and it was kind of a shock to be standing there...I was trying to remember the songs and trying to sing them well and sort of do right by the history of it, and once I was on stage and we were doing it, then it kind of hit me, I'm standing here with these guys, all of which I've known for years and years and been friends with but had never been on stage with them like that. It was pretty great. It was pretty moving."

Cornell, meanwhile, is preparing for the September 18 release of his new solo album, Higher Truth, and a tour to support it.