Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• Options
    MT132914MT132914 Posts: 188

Just heard " call me a dog". I really wish 10c had given us an end date so I wouldn't have missed out

contact a record store or 2, I rang one in Kitchener yesterday and they have both Mad Season records on order, any good record store will reserve a copy and call you when they come in.

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    edited August 2015
    quasi said:

I guess we'll get all the answers in a month.

kramer73 said:

More importantly, when are they going to tell us about the limited edition colored vinyl? are the 10c presales all colored? are they going to be randomly distributed? I need to know!

If all 10c orders were colored, I don't think they'd have a contest to win one.
    Unless the Ten Club version is colored and the regular release is black as Ten Club's release for "Music For Film" were all lavender. Probably why Santos stayed quiet and didn't answer everybody's questions like he did on the Moore LP release. Well, we shall see in a few weeks.

good point, and to only have so many to sell.
    Post edited by PJ_ROCKS on

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,225
    MT132914 said:

Just heard " call me a dog". I really wish 10c had given us an end date so I wouldn't have missed out

contact a record store or 2, I rang one in Kitchener yesterday and they have both Mad Season records on order, any good record store will reserve a copy and call you when they come in.

Which depends on the limited nature of the release. We know 10c only got so many copies. We don`t know how many copies they got, or how many were left for retail.

There`s been limited releases in the past (RSD, Music on Vinyl, PJ20 etc...) where lots of record stores and online stores put in orders for them, but due to the limited supply many of them got few or no copies to sell. It`s understandable why people are concern as we`ve seen this happen with a number of releases in the past few years. Hopefully it`s not that limited so everyone can get a copy.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Any word if these will include MP3 download cards?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,917
    PSUS2H said:

Any word if these will include MP3 download cards?

No official word yet. There isn't a MP3 pre order to purchase this so it looks good for those who pre ordered the vinyl will get a digital MP3 download of the album.

I'm hoping they do offer though the album in 24Bit Flac-HD.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,233
    Looks like Amazon won't be getting any after all.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    Horse2345 said:

Looks like Amazon won't be getting any after all.

Why, what happened?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The listing changed to "currently unavailable" and the realease date and expected ship date disappeared from my purchase history.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

The listing changed to "currently unavailable" and the realease date and expected ship date disappeared from my purchase history.

:worried: That sucks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

I still see Pre-order: Add to Cart, and I'm still seeing that the title will be released August 28th.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Evolution-January-2015-Benaroya/dp/B011DNGL7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1440146253&sr=8-2&keywords=sonic+evolution
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

I still see Pre-order: Add to Cart, and I'm still seeing that the title will be released August 28th.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Evolution-January-2015-Benaroya/dp/B011DNGL7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1440146253&sr=8-2&keywords=sonic+evolution
    Sorry, that's .com i was talking about .ca as we're from Canada.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

Oops, my bad :)

Interesting... I didn't notice that it had come up on .ca, so I had maintained a pre-order at .com. Wonder if that'll see the same cancellation notice too.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    quasi said:

I guess we'll get all the answers in a month.

kramer73 said:

More importantly, when are they going to tell us about the limited edition colored vinyl? are the 10c presales all colored? are they going to be randomly distributed? I need to know!

If all 10c orders were colored, I don't think they'd have a contest to win one.
    Unless the Ten Club version is colored and the regular release is black as Ten Club's release for "Music For Film" were all lavender. Probably why Santos stayed quiet and didn't answer everybody's questions like he did on the Moore LP release. Well, we shall see in a few weeks.
    I really hope this is the case. If it turns out it was a Ten Club exclusive (and not a different version) and Santos was instructed to remain silent and not answer inquiries about availability, that'd represent some incredibly poor service.

EV
  • Options
    BrothermoonBrothermoon West Kelowna, BC, Canada Posts: 475
    benjs said:

Horse2345 said:

benjs said:

PJ_Soul said:

Horse2345 said:

Oops, my bad :)

Interesting... I didn't notice that it had come up on .ca, so I had maintained a pre-order at .com. Wonder if that'll see the same cancellation notice too.
    I'm in Canada too, and was able to place a pre-order through .com. I have ordered stuff in the past from .com, instead of .ca, and had no problems at all. Hopefully this one works out as well.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    iTunes currently has preview clips of all the songs. Sounds great!
  • Options
    Are the prices on .com in US or Canadian when you log in from Canada? It shows up as $40 shipped, is that US or Canadian? It was $36 on .ca
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

Are the prices on .com in US or Canadian when you log in from Canada? It shows up as $40 shipped, is that US or Canadian? It was $36 on .ca

Pretty sure it's USD only. And shipping is never free if you order from .com, of course. Hopefully .com isn't just slower at pulling unavailable items.... It would be strange if .com got them and .ca didn't though. That isn't normal with records.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I am noticing some retailers say they will have them for shipping on Sept 11 2015 now.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I think it's super duper awesome how secretive they have been about a charity vinyl release *sarcasm* lol
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I think it's super duper awesome how secretive they have been about a charity vinyl release *sarcasm* lol

It is really strange. I can't even imagine why they'd purposefully give us no info about this.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

It is really strange. I can't even imagine why they'd purposefully give us no info about this.
    The two organizations this benefits lost money because of how they handled it... in my humble opinion

• Options
    I've got a pre-order from Amazon.com, .ca and bull moose. If dead dog records gets it I'll have one from them also. If I can help out I will
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,969
    PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

I'm not usually one to beat up 10c about the way they run things, they generally do an awesome job. But simple communications could have solved a lot of problems here.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 said:

PJ_Soul said:

my2hands said:

I'm not usually one to beat up 10c about the way they run things, they generally do an awesome job. But simple communications could have solved a lot of problems here.
    Like when the presale ends lol
  • Options
    This is an interesting topic of conversation...It made me wonder if it is the 10c way of keeping flippers from getting their hands on the rare merchandise. Follow this line of thinking: They offer a limited item without indicating it is limited either in the body of the description or in applying a pre-sale end date. The idea that the item will be available for anyone to purchase makes it less appealing to flippers while real fans of Mad Season purchase the album because they are fans...not people looking to get their hands on a rarity. The album has a limited number of pressings and, when that number is reached, the 10c stops selling the album on-line.

It will be interesting to see if the reseller market (Ebay, Amazon, etc.) has very many of these available for the secondary consumer. I am pleased that I put my order in....from what I have heard on Sirius it is going to be a winner....
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,969

This is an interesting topic of conversation...It made me wonder if it is the 10c way of keeping flippers from getting their hands on the rare merchandise. Follow this line of thinking: They offer a limited item without indicating it is limited either in the body of the description or in applying a pre-sale end date. The idea that the item will be available for anyone to purchase makes it less appealing to flippers while real fans of Mad Season purchase the album because they are fans...not people looking to get their hands on a rarity. The album has a limited number of pressings and, when that number is reached, the 10c stops selling the album on-line.

It will be interesting to see if the reseller market (Ebay, Amazon, etc.) has very many of these available for the secondary consumer. I am pleased that I put my order in....from what I have heard on Sirius it is going to be a winner....

At the same time a lot of true fans like myself missed out because I was waiting til pay day. Flipping is always going to happen and isn't a problem for 10c. Secondary market prices is what drives people to buy most of the random shit that they sell with PJ's name on it.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I just figured since proceeds went to charitable causes they would have left it up for presale for as long as possible... or give a heads up when it ends so they don't miss customers

to be fair, the other recent vinyl pre sales have been perfect... that's why this was a little odd

no big deal though, I'll still get to hear the music with or without the LP, and that's really what counts
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I have a feeling the presale 10c LP will be colored... all the rest will be black, and hopefully easily attainable... and the black LP may be offered in the 10c shop as well

That would make sense... and they would still be able to maximize the LP sale... and also gives them limited colored LP's to auction down the road for charity

I'd be totally cool with that scenario...
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited August 2015
    tino_11 said:

Flipping is always going to happen and isn't a problem for 10c.

What about all those EV black wave zippos that have sold and are on ebay? I believe most if not all of those were from the recent Ten Club sale.

SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    quasi said:

tino_11 said:

Flipping is always going to happen and isn't a problem for 10c.

What about all those EV black wave zippos that have sold and are on ebay? I believe most if not all of those were from the recent Ten Club sale.

Yeah, but 10C doing that actually lowered the secondary market value of those things by HALF (and maybe it will still go even lower). And I think that's exactly what 10C wanted.