Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Zod said:

Horse2345 said:

dudeman said:

My local, independent record store says that they should be receiving Sonic Evolution on vinyl on Tuesday. That sounds contrary to what was said about the release date being moved back to 9/11/15. Is the distributor not communicating with the retail network or is my LRS just not in the loop?

From what Santos said i believe 10c is the distributor. Pretty much guaranteed the store wont get any tues.
    Wasn't there a cut and pasted from a Santos quote. Said the album was being sold through 10c and through record stores that use "thinkindie" as a distributor?
    I think he said that 10C was the distributor, and that they would only be sold through certain stores, including thinkindie stores (I gather "thinkindie" is like so
    kenk said:

Someone who works for ThinkIndie and always has very useful info for things they distribute just posted this to another board:

"LP version of the Seattle Symphany showed up at the warehouse today. Too busy to check any of them...but one pallet had fallen apart apparently in transit....bummers.

Hopefully these start shipping out soonish "

And by "shipping" he means to indie stores in the US.

Not a good start. Obviously the manufacturer's problems with safe packaging for transport persist. I hope the other problems they had with Vault 4 don't also persist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CD is back up in the shop.

http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info.php?products_id=3365

WE ARE TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK. REORDER HAS BEEN PLACED AND WE SHOULD HAVE INVENTORY SOON.
  • I hope they release an orange CD version that is limited. I'd pay $100 for that.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    $100 for a CD? No.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2015
    CD sounds ok, could have sounded phenomenal if it were mastered properly. To me it sounds very compressed and loud. IMO, the sound-stage is non-existent. With the inclusion of a symphony you would think they would want the most dynamic sound possible. Hopefully the vinyl is much better.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that they are deliberately sabotaging digital versions in order to move more vinyl. However, that doesn't make much sense when you limit the vinyl.
  • First time vinyl order from 10c. Does it come with a download code?

London Wembley Arena 29/05/2000
    Milton Keynes Bowl 11/07/2014

London O2 18/06/2018

London O2 17/07/2018

EV - London Apollo 07/06/2017. Wembley Stadium 06/07/2019.

'Pearl Jam saved me from Hair Metal!!!'

• First time vinyl order from 10c. Does it come with a download code?

While we don't know for sure....my guess is probably not...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5912547/#Comment_5912547

Vinyl arrived about 20 min ago. Production begins with first shipments tomorrow.
    slh

:)
    Shipping confirmation email on the vinyl.
    Sweet! :)
    #5 Sonic Evolution / January 30, 2015 / Benaroya Mad Season / Seattle Symphony on Billboard chart. http://www.billboard.com/charts/classical-albums . Cool! :)
    edited September 2015
    If you missed out on scoring a vinyl copy from the 10club store, keep checking back various record stores that do business with Think Indie. Like how we were hunting down copies for the Vinyl Film Record 10" Box Set.

Whoever pre ordered a copy with Amazon, it's not looking good.
    Post edited by demetrios on
    So has anyone received a copy from 10club yet in the USA?
    Also any luck with the record stores this will be distributed by Think Indie?

They have changed the street date of the release to September 25th. Continuing to take pre orders.

Like Bull Moose .. http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20689142/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-1-30-15

Zia Record Exchange .. http://www.ziarecords.com/p/5602679/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-1-30-15-sonic-evolution-1-30-15

Acoustic Sounds .. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/107711/Mad_Season-Sonic_Evolution_1302015-Vinyl_Record

etc ..
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    demetrios said:

Has anyone who got shipping notification from 10c actually seen any tracking updates? Not sure why I got notification 5 days ago if it isn't even out of the warehouse. Just hoping it makes the 20 mile trip to my house before November.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    jeffbr said:

demetrios said:

Has anyone who got shipping notification from 10c actually seen any tracking updates? Not sure why I got notification 5 days ago if it isn't even out of the warehouse. Just hoping it makes the 20 mile trip to my house before November.

Lol, i'm hoping it makes the 73 miles to my house by Christmas morning!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Mine has been transferred to the Capital Heights post office in Maryland as of this afternoon. ETA is Weds.
  • Mine hasn't moved for a few days. It is 1.5 lbs. Wonder what it could be... Oh wait, we already did that.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I received my shipping notification a few days back. When it arrives it arrives. Haven't checked the tracking yet. No need to stress about it.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2015
    demetrios said:

They have changed the street date of the release to September 25th. Continuing to take pre orders.

Like Bull Moose .. http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20689142/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-1-30-15

Zia Record Exchange .. http://www.ziarecords.com/p/5602679/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-1-30-15-sonic-evolution-1-30-15

Acoustic Sounds .. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/107711/Mad_Season-Sonic_Evolution_1302015-Vinyl_Record

etc ..

I preordered it from acoustic sounds today, together with citizen dick 7" (in stock) and Nirvana live at the paramount BD (in stock).. they would not accept international orders less than $50, and they will only ship when all items are ready.. I'm not very hopeful that the order will come through anyway, but hey, trying out will not hurt, expecially since they only charge the credit card when they actually ship..
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    demetrios said:

etc ..

Yeah, I've basically given up on Amazon. If it comes through, bonus. I've got an order in with the store that scored me the Vinyl Films Box Set, so hopefully they can hook me up!
  • Mine has been transferred to the Capital Heights post office in Maryland as of this afternoon. ETA is Weds.

Mine too. They've gotta be delivered today.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    What do people think of the SE show? I'm listening to it for the first time now. It's cool - but I'm not really into the orchestral accompaniment.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I preordered it from acoustic sounds today, together with citizen dick 7" (in stock) and Nirvana live at the paramount BD (in stock).. they would not accept international orders less than $50, and they will only ship when all items are ready.. I'm not very hopeful that the order will come through anyway, but hey, trying out will not hurt, expecially since they only charge the credit card when they actually ship..

Beware on the Nirvana BD that the audio is out of sync with the video. I bought it, tried it on several players and all had the same issue. Then I googled and found it was a widespread issue. I took it back to Best Buy, they actually played the disc and saw the issue and refunded me. I ended up just getting the DVD and it plays great.
  • What do people think of the SE show? I'm listening to it for the first time now. It's cool - but I'm not really into the orchestral accompaniment.

All it made me want to do is go listen to Live at the Moore. I guess Waking The Horizon and the TOTD songs are cool to have, though.
  • Did anyone notice the following in the September newsletter:
    Congrats to our August winner, Grant P. who will receive a limited-edition colored Sonic Evolution LP.

There you have it....confirmation that there is a "limited edition colored Sonic Evolution LP". Now....will it go to the 10c orders...or be interspersed in the orders (just like the red vinyl LB were)?

Did anyone notice the following in the September newsletter:
    Congrats to our August winner, Grant P. who will receive a limited-edition colored Sonic Evolution LP.

There you have it....confirmation that there is a "limited edition colored Sonic Evolution LP". Now....will it go to the 10c orders...or be interspersed in the orders (just like the red vinyl LB were)?

Good eye. That is fun!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Did anyone notice the following in the September newsletter:

Didn't notice that. Hopefully all of us who ordered from the club will be duly rewarded!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    I ordered from Easy Street Records....
    wonder what chance I have of this being fulfilled???

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:

I ordered from Easy Street Records....
    wonder what chance I have of this being fulfilled???

It sounds like you'll be getting yours, IMO.