Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    PJ_Soul said:

quasi said:

tino_11 said:

Flipping is always going to happen and isn't a problem for 10c.

What about all those EV black wave zippos that have sold and are on ebay? I believe most if not all of those were from the recent Ten Club sale.

Yeah, but 10C doing that actually lowered the secondary market value of those things by HALF (and maybe it will still go even lower). And I think that's exactly what 10C wanted.
    No question it lowered the value of those Zippos but it still doesn't mean flipping is not a problem for 10c. But it definitely seems they are addressing it and attempting different methods to get the merchandise to fans (or at least to a greater percentage of them.)
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    my2hands said:

I have a feeling the presale 10c LP will be colored... all the rest will be black, and hopefully easily attainable... and the black LP may be offered in the 10c shop as well

That would make sense... and they would still be able to maximize the LP sale... and also gives them limited colored LP's to auction down the road for charity

I'd be totally cool with that scenario...

I don't think this will be the case. Wishful thinking though!
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,985
    quasi said:

PJ_Soul said:

quasi said:

tino_11 said:

Flipping is always going to happen and isn't a problem for 10c.

What about all those EV black wave zippos that have sold and are on ebay? I believe most if not all of those were from the recent Ten Club sale.

Yeah, but 10C doing that actually lowered the secondary market value of those things by HALF (and maybe it will still go even lower). And I think that's exactly what 10C wanted.
    No question it lowered the value of those Zippos but it still doesn't mean flipping is not a problem for 10c. But it definitely seems they are addressing it and attempting different methods to get the merchandise to fans (or at least to a greater percentage of them.)
    Sorry, I agree that flipping definitely happens, it's just that I think the secondary market price inflation actually helps 10c sell more merch and memberships. So why they do make efforts to get items into the hands of collectors, I don't think 10c will be losing much sleep over seeing LPs being traded for many times more than than they initially cost.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,075
    my2hands said:

I have a feeling the presale 10c LP will be colored... all the rest will be black, and hopefully easily attainable... and the black LP may be offered in the 10c shop as well

That would make sense... and they would still be able to maximize the LP sale... and also gives them limited colored LP's to auction down the road for charity

Just imagine if the 10club presale copies are colored? Fan's will go ape shit here if that happens. We'll see ..

BullMoose are still taking pre orders. http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20689142/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-1-30-15 . BullMoose! You are guaranteed a copy if they are still taking pre orders which is odd 10club doesn't have any left in stock. Maybe they will add more on August 28th?

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,256
    Just got the cancelation email from Amazon, they aren"t getting any.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Mine on Amazon.co.uk got pushed back until 11th September. Still not hopeful they will come through.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,000
    edited August 2015
    demetrios said:

my2hands said:

Just imagine if the 10club presale copies are colored? Fan's will go ape shit here if that happens. We'll see ..

BullMoose are still taking pre orders. http://www.bullmoose.com/p/20689142/mad-season-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-1-30-15 . BullMoose! You are guaranteed a copy if they are still taking pre orders which is odd 10club doesn't have any left in stock. Maybe they will add more on August 28th?

That would be great if they did that. Put them in the hands of fans who wanted it for what it was, not just for it's collectability or flipability.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,650
    If i end up not getting it from amazon i wont miss that version of Wake Up. That was painful. I wish Cornell had sung that. He sounds great on all of the tracks
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    Horse2345 said:

It might sound silly but have you queried your amazon cancellation with them? I only ask because they still seem to be taking pre orders. I know amazon suck for limited editions but it seems particularly crappy of them to cancel your order and still be taking orders from other people.
  • Options
    rw160510 said:

Horse2345 said:

It might sound silly but have you queried your amazon cancellation with them? I only ask because they still seem to be taking pre orders. I know amazon suck for limited editions but it seems particularly crappy of them to cancel your order and still be taking orders from other people.
    Sorry, email was from Amazon canada. They usually get at least some of the same stock as US.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 916
    Horse2345 said:

rw160510 said:

Horse2345 said:

Sorry, email was from Amazon canada. They usually get at least some of the same stock as US.
    Fair enough. Hopefully you can track down a copy from somewhere.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

rw160510 said:

Horse2345 said:

I haven't got any cancellation yet . If I get extras I'll sell you one for cost plus shipping. I'm in Canada also
  • Options

Horse2345 said:

rw160510 said:

Horse2345 said:

I haven't got any cancellation yet . If I get extras I'll sell you one for cost plus shipping. I'm in Canada also
    Thanks mate. Much appreciated. I gave in an put in an order with .com so we'll see.
  • Options
    Weird, just reread email from .ca and it says

"Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you."

Not sure what they mean by "won't be released"
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,934
    Wasn't this up in the 10C store for a few weeks? I remember it went away and popped back up for a bit. It seems to me that people who really wanted it had a fairly nice window to pick it up. I understand playing the shop around for a lower price game, but since people keep mentioning the charity thing, why didn't you just buy it when it was in the store, because of charity and all? I hope the colored for 10C and black vinyl for retail scenario plays out. That way everyone can get the music to spin.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options

Wasn't this up in the 10C store for a few weeks? I remember it went away and popped back up for a bit. It seems to me that people who really wanted it had a fairly nice window to pick it up. I understand playing the shop around for a lower price game, but since people keep mentioning the charity thing, why didn't you just buy it when it was in the store, because of charity and all? I hope the colored for 10C and black vinyl for retail scenario plays out. That way everyone can get the music to spin.

^^^ Yup. Can't argue with any of this.
  • Options

^^^ Yup. Can't argue with any of this.
    I was waiting until payday as it would have made things a bit easier financially for me. Would have jumped on it straight away if 10c let us know it was limited.
  • Options
    They said it was a pre-sale order, meaning there will be a regular sale, it would be messed up if they changed that in the process without notifying (so it would not be the first time 10c messes things up badly).
    I think they have a problem with the factory, meaning the production is delayed as it happens a lot nowadays (the vinyl plants cannot handle the huge demand for pressing), thus delaying the proper release.
    The color hypothesis could make sense since those are usually pressed in fewer quantities.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,000
    Seems like a bunch of places are still taking pre-orders. Easy Street is as well as the one demetrios just posted. This thing will probably be readily available for everyone who wants it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

They said it was a pre-sale order, meaning there will be a regular sale, it would be messed up if they changed that in the process without notifying (so it would not be the first time 10c messes things up badly).
    I think they have a problem with the factory, meaning the production is delayed as it happens a lot nowadays (the vinyl plants cannot handle the huge demand for pressing), thus delaying the proper release.
    The color hypothesis could make sense since those are usually pressed in fewer quantities.

That's not what pre-sale means, actually. Pre-sale/pre-order just means you're buying it/paying for it before the release date.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

This is an interesting topic of conversation...It made me wonder if it is the 10c way of keeping flippers from getting their hands on the rare merchandise. Follow this line of thinking: They offer a limited item without indicating it is limited either in the body of the description or in applying a pre-sale end date. The idea that the item will be available for anyone to purchase makes it less appealing to flippers while real fans of Mad Season purchase the album because they are fans...not people looking to get their hands on a rarity. The album has a limited number of pressings and, when that number is reached, the 10c stops selling the album on-line.

It will be interesting to see if the reseller market (Ebay, Amazon, etc.) has very many of these available for the secondary consumer. I am pleased that I put my order in....from what I have heard on Sirius it is going to be a winner....

I think if we see cancellations coming from these other sources like Bullmoose etc..., you've likely hit the nail on the head.

Santos has mad reference to flippers in the past, wouldn't surprise me at all that they would do this, I think if any business cares about flipping (some do, some don't) they have a right to do what they want to try and curb it.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,675

I did order it from 10C myself, just to be safe, as I didn't think it seemed like this being in retail stores was a sure thing. BUT I think some people, particularly international members, might have gone for other sellers because of 10C's high international shipping prices.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    scurtis said:

This is an interesting topic of conversation...It made me wonder if it is the 10c way of keeping flippers from getting their hands on the rare merchandise. Follow this line of thinking: They offer a limited item without indicating it is limited either in the body of the description or in applying a pre-sale end date. The idea that the item will be available for anyone to purchase makes it less appealing to flippers while real fans of Mad Season purchase the album because they are fans...not people looking to get their hands on a rarity. The album has a limited number of pressings and, when that number is reached, the 10c stops selling the album on-line.

It will be interesting to see if the reseller market (Ebay, Amazon, etc.) has very many of these available for the secondary consumer. I am pleased that I put my order in....from what I have heard on Sirius it is going to be a winner....

I think if we see cancellations coming from these other sources like Bullmoose etc..., you've likely hit the nail on the head.

Santos has mad reference to flippers in the past, wouldn't surprise me at all that they would do this, I think if any business cares about flipping (some do, some don't) they have a right to do what they want to try and curb it.

As a business, they aren't losing money to flippers. If they were, they would charge more (which would cause the flippers to charge more). They are providing a limited product (or aren't, we haven't been told), and this is why we have people who buy things only to sell for a higher price.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

scurtis said:

As a business, they aren't losing money to flippers. If they were, they would charge more (which would cause the flippers to charge more). They are providing a limited product (or aren't, we haven't been told), and this is why we have people who buy things only to sell for a higher price.
    Exactly. Why do you think they put a limited supply of posters out there? They could easily print off enough posters so that everybody that wants one could have it. It's the scarcity that increases their collectibility and value in the secondary market and this is what keeps a lot of members renewing and snapping up limited edition merch.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

scurtis said:

You're totally correct when you say that they are not losing money to flippers--bootleggers yes (see Vault #5 )--but flippers, no. But there is a chance that the band and the support organization (10C) who brought you Ticketmaster fee-free tickets at one point may have a general aversion to the concept of flipping. As I said before, with the exception of a small handful of people who had money issues that were holding up their purchase, the fans who wanted the album in a vinyl format had time to purchase it. It wasn't the mystery vinyl chaos....it was a civilized number of days that it was offered.

As usual, there will be a group of people who are disappointed in the fact that they did not get their hands on a copy of the album...but it is hard to find fault in the 10C on this one. The album was offered by them, there was not a rush to get it (as there would have been if they had dubbed it a "limited release", once the allotment ran out they closed down the vinyl sale. I think that this would have been sold out in hours if everyone thought it was a limited release on vinyl....
  • Options

That's not what pre-sale means, actually. Pre-sale/pre-order just means you're buying it/paying for it before the release date.
    sorry but I dont think so "Release Date August 28, 2015. // presale orders will ship on or before release date." there's a release date meaning there is a release, look at the vault vinyl, no release date mentioned
  • Options
    Yep, and I'm not trying to start any kind of argument. I totally agree with that.

I would say that better communication would be appreciated. If I send an email asking a question, the very least they should do is say yes, no, or we're not sure. No response isn't very good customer service, which is the opposite of what a good business should strive for. Or maybe they don't care. I don't know.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    kramer73 said:

scurtis said:

I didn't say they were losing money to flippers, I just said if they care about people flipping they can do what they want, like this if it is limited, to curb it.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

sorry but I dont think so "Release Date August 28, 2015. // presale orders will ship on or before release date." there's a release date meaning there is a release, look at the vault vinyl, no release date mentioned
    I'm not saying you won't be able to find it in stores or online on the 28th, just that that's not what the term "pre-sale/pre-order" means.