Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    Yea I'm pumped for the NYC Central Park show, I'm still looking for 1 single vip2 ticket, and I seen Pearl jam at the made in America festival in philly they played 2 hours on the dot and it was a Awsome show. I'm expecting the same show duration at global citizens fest. Prob looking at 8-10pm playing time and that's cool with me, just excited to see the band play.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Anyone know the chances of getting free tickets given you complete all the tasks and enter? They say only 4,000 get selected each go-around but I'm assuming a lot of people enter. I'd hate to get skunked
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    mschostok said:

Anyone know the chances of getting free tickets given you complete all the tasks and enter? They say only 4,000 get selected each go-around but I'm assuming a lot of people enter. I'd hate to get skunked

The number drawn is actually raised substantially in subsequent drawings. Its in the FAQs on the Global Citizen website.
  • Options
    FunkezFunkez Copenhagen Posts: 133
    So the wifey and I are flying in from Denmark, 1300 USD, buying tickets 350 USD and getting a hotelroom, to go to a free concert... but of course it makes sense, it's PJ! :dizzy:
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

nycrats said:

MUZIK said:

find it amazing that people are willing to pay $250+ for a 60 minute pearl jam set when the concert is pretty much FREE outside of the vip.

you're right.. and they're right too.
    for some people, free is the way to go.
    for others, as pj has a mostly older fanbase, maybe its worth $250 to show up way closer to pj's time than line up for hours all day just to get within a football field of the band. and chances are if they pony up for vip theyll be located near a lot more serious fans, aka non talkers, than if theyre all the way in the back. maybe that person works all week long and wants to spend the whole day with their kids instead of spending all day lining up and listening to music they dont neccessarily love in order to have a decent concert experience. to many, its worth $200 to both see your kids and see pj on a saturday. tickets are usually around $100 anyway, and a lot of people fly to see pj. since this show is within an hour or so train ride for more than 20 million people, it does make sense, even for an abbreviated set.

This is the exact reason pj needs to get rid of ga next North America tour. I work full time and have a family. I don't have the time to line up for hours/days.
    then don't go for GA, go for seats or get tickets through ticketmaster or look for someone with seats on the board. Not that hard to avoid GA. GA has done surprisingly well for pj barring the line list people, thankfully that shit stopped as it was the most elitist idiotic thing I've ever seen a fanbase of a band do.

Thanks for the advice. I m quite nervous as the global citizens festival will be my first ga/ Pearl jam show ever.
    And just wondering, how do you know ga has done surprisingly well for pj? Any facts/figures to back that up or just pure speculation?
    By the way, posada was the better catcher compared to carter.
    I've heard/seen many positive reactions from viewing the board outside of people complaining bout the elitist list people. Oh and what planet is Posada a better catcher than Carter, go look at all the awards Carter won and get back to me. If you even wanna go further, take carter off the mets team and they aren't winning the 86 world series or having that great runlike they did in the 80's. Carter kept that locker room from blowing up with all the liquor and crack floating around. If you even wanna go further, Carter had a big huge book on every single batter on their tendencies. You take Posada away from the Yankees and they still would end up having that great run like they did.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    edited July 2015

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

nycrats said:

MUZIK said:

find it amazing that people are willing to pay $250+ for a 60 minute pearl jam set when the concert is pretty much FREE outside of the vip.

for others, as pj has a mostly older fanbase, maybe its worth $250 to show up way closer to pj's time than line up for hours all day just to get within a football field of the band. and chances are if they pony up for vip theyll be located near a lot more serious fans, aka non talkers, than if theyre all the way in the back. maybe that person works all week long and wants to spend the whole day with their kids instead of spending all day lining up and listening to music they dont neccessarily love in order to have a decent concert experience. to many, its worth $200 to both see your kids and see pj on a saturday. tickets are usually around $100 anyway, and a lot of people fly to see pj. since this show is within an hour or so train ride for more than 20 million people, it does make sense, even for an abbreviated set.

This is the exact reason pj needs to get rid of ga next North America tour. I work full time and have a family. I don't have the time to line up for hours/days.
    then don't go for GA, go for seats or get tickets through ticketmaster or look for someone with seats on the board. Not that hard to avoid GA. GA has done surprisingly well for pj barring the line list people, thankfully that shit stopped as it was the most elitist idiotic thing I've ever seen a fanbase of a band do.

Thanks for the advice. I m quite nervous as the global citizens festival will be my first ga/ Pearl jam show ever.
    And just wondering, how do you know ga has done surprisingly well for pj? Any facts/figures to back that up or just pure speculation?
    I've heard/seen many positive reactions from viewing the board outside of people complaining bout the elitist list people. Oh and what planet is Posada a better catcher than Carter, go look at all the awards Carter won and get back to me. If you even wanna go further, take carter off the mets team and they aren't winning the 86 world series or having that great runlike they did in the 80's. Carter kept that locker room from blowing up with all the liquor and crack floating around. If you even wanna go further, Carter had a big huge book on every single batter on their tendencies. You take Posada away from the Yankees and they still would end up having that great run like they did.
    Very similar offensively but I ll take the Five World Series rings vs one.
    Maybe if carter had the locker room more in check they would have won more World Series in the 80s.
    If you look at average statistics for a 162 game season, posada beats carter in all categories.
    Can't wait for global citizens! I keep the streak alive!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    comparing jorge posada to gary carter... just some more silly comedy
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Looking forward to a Warm-Up show for Central Park. I still think Toronto is in the cards.
    They played London Ca prior to Wrigley and its a good thing they did. London was a good gig;
    but it was clear they were shaking off the cobwebs to get into top form to play Wrigley. They will not hit the Central Park Stage without playing for an Audience at least a few days before the gig.
    Sure they will rehearse somewhere ; but that is not the same vibe for the band as a real concert.
  • Options
    Drdeal said:

Looking forward to a Warm-Up show for Central Park. I still think Toronto is in the cards.
    They played London Ca prior to Wrigley and its a good thing they did. London was a good gig;
    but it was clear they were shaking off the cobwebs to get into top form to play Wrigley. They will not hit the Central Park Stage without playing for an Audience at least a few days before the gig.
    Sure they will rehearse somewhere ; but that is not the same vibe for the band as a real concert.

I like the way you think. A Montreal show would be awesome.
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    AlaG said:

mschostok said:

The number drawn is actually raised substantially in subsequent drawings. Its in the FAQs on the Global Citizen website.
    Awesome, thanks so much.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    ashcat88ashcat88 Posts: 3
    If anyone has two tickets available please let me know! I'm worried that I won't win them!! Hopefully we could hear it regardless since its Central Park if we don't?!
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Does anyone know what time PJ will take the stage approximately?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934

8:30 or so if they go on last. If they go on before that it is anyone's guess.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

nycrats said:

MUZIK said:

Very similar offensively but I ll take the Five World Series rings vs one.
    Maybe if carter had the locker room more in check they would have won more World Series in the 80s.
    If you look at average statistics for a 162 game season, posada beats carter in all categories.
    Can't wait for global citizens! I keep the streak alive!
    Carter had more runs, hits, triples, hr's, rbi's, all-star selections, gold gloves, was a all star mvp 2 times and made it to the HOF, but yeah Posada is def better, right? Winning a championship isn't the end all be all, but you keep living in some fantasy land, LOL.

• Options
    Notice how I said average statistics for a 162 game season, not totals. Carter played two more years than Posada.
    Jorge Posada's average statistics for a 162 game season:
    .273 BA, 24 HR, 94 RBI, 80 R, .374 OBP, .474 SLG

Gary Carter's average statistics for a 162 game season:
    .262 BA, 23 HR, 86 RBI, 72 R, .335 OBP, .439 SLG

plus posada was a part of five world series teams and a playoff run that went from 96 to 2007. they missed 2008 then wait for it..won a world series in 09.

winning a championship isn't the end all be all.....typical mets fan reply lol. plus carter went in as an expo not a met.

how many days until global citizens festival?
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    I was in NYC for the weekend to see U2... I saw promos for the Global Citizen Festival on the electronic billboards above the Carlo's Bakery (cake boss) on 42nd and above Macy's on 7th ave. different images.
    Looking forward to returning in a couple months for the show.
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    JimmyV said:

8:30 or so if they go on last. If they go on before that it is anyone's guess.

Thank ya!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Notice how I said average statistics for a 162 game season, not totals. Carter played two more years than Posada.
    Jorge Posada's average statistics for a 162 game season:
    .273 BA, 24 HR, 94 RBI, 80 R, .374 OBP, .474 SLG

Gary Carter's average statistics for a 162 game season:
    .262 BA, 23 HR, 86 RBI, 72 R, .335 OBP, .439 SLG

plus posada was a part of five world series teams and a playoff run that went from 96 to 2007. they missed 2008 then wait for it..won a world series in 09.

winning a championship isn't the end all be all.....typical mets fan reply lol. plus carter went in as an expo not a met.

how many days until global citizens festival?

It has nothing to do with being a mets fan, you ask any baseball fan whose better and they'll all say carter. Take away those rings and Posada's body of work doesn't even come close to Carter career, even with the rings it still doesn't come close, shit Pudge is a better catcher than Posada. So what if Carter went in as a expo, he should, it's where he made a name for himself. I also feel Piazza is the most overrated catcher in baseball history. He was a DH playing catcher.

• Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    rick cerone is my guy
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    sal fasano
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    always wanted to see PJ and Beyonce on the same bill. Cross that one off
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    If you haven't completed "Action Journey #1" you only have
    6 DAYS until this drawing closes!!
    You can get 2 tickets per winner 4,000 winners per draw
    Entries will close July 29, 2015 at midnight
    Good luck everyone!!
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    ISO 2 VIP still. Thanks!
  • Options
    jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169
    MUZIK said:

U2 fans have been lining up since yesterday afternoon for tonights show.

I've been to two of the U2 MSG shows so far, both on the GA floor, and I think they are putting on such a piece of theater on this tour that, queuing up for hours to be on the rail of the main stage, where the band isn't even located for a good chunk of the time, and miss the visuals and the impact of the narrative, is sort of a missed opportunity. If they were doing a concert, sure, that would be a great spot.. but they are putting on a show.

But hey, if people want to queue up for hours, have at it. I showed up 30 minutes to showtime both nights, and had a perfect spot 10 feet from the middle of the catwalk, and perfectly positioned between both stages.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    jeffwalsh said:

MUZIK said:

U2 fans have been lining up since yesterday afternoon for tonights show.

I've been to two of the U2 MSG shows so far, both on the GA floor, and I think they are putting on such a piece of theater on this tour that, queuing up for hours to be on the rail of the main stage, where the band isn't even located for a good chunk of the time, and miss the visuals and the impact of the narrative, is sort of a missed opportunity. If they were doing a concert, sure, that would be a great spot.. but they are putting on a show.

But hey, if people want to queue up for hours, have at it. I showed up 30 minutes to showtime both nights, and had a perfect spot 10 feet from the middle of the catwalk, and perfectly positioned between both stages.
    Went in at 715, no waiting, got near the b stage , 2 people off the rail. Best spot. No need to que. it's an amazing show. I've seen it from all angles.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    "Action Journey #1" drawing closes July 29, 2015 at midnight
    Only 1 MORE DAY to finish your journey!!
    You can get 2 tickets per winner...
    there will be 4,000 winners per drawing!!
    Good luck everyone!!
    :plus_one:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Just made a donation to the wishlist party - a small new Moline Pearl Jam concert shirt

- you can too :)

-https://www.facebook.com/events/1598460240404321/ - event or group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/137175566613976/
  • Options
    kdiddykdiddy Posts: 733
    coming from MN.. making a trip out of this event so my husband and I are planning to be in NYC 9/24-28.. trying to find a place on AIRBnB. Problem for me is.. I can't decide what area to stay in. Manhattan? If so.. Lower, Upper, etc.. or Brookly?..again, which part! We are going to do some site seeing but not everything. We want to enjoy the food and culture of wherever we end up, but I still need some direction. Also, we are coming in from JFK so I want to be sure it's easy to get to.

Any locals with recommendations of what part of the map we should stay, I'd appreciate the help! So far, I think i'm interested in Astoria and East Village or Gramercy Park area.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    $700 on StubHub right now for the cheapest VIP ticket. Insanity. Wish I would have just bought one when were ONLY like $350.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    Reminder...today is the last day to take Action Journey #1 and be eligible for the free ticket drawing tomorrow....