Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Global Citizen Festival

Comments

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664

cmalisze said:

They have to be last. I cannot think of a scenario where it would be productive for them not to be. I have to say I am not sure that fans of other artists would be considering coming from all over the world for Ed Sheeran, Coldplay or even Beyoncé, for that matter. I am not discrediting how great each of the other music acts are but for a festival with this intention it is wise to keep people there as long as possible. I would believe that if PJ did play earlier in the evening there would be a lot of empty space. With this being broadcast on live TV, commercial endorsements are important as well. Again, if PJ played anytime other than last, I would believe the amount of TV views would decline significantly throughout the broadcast thus hurting the ROI for sponsors.

Not sure if I make sense but, even with the popularity of the other artists Pearl Jam is seemingly the biggest draw.

They are listed first on the posted. They are last.
    Coldplay will be first, then Sheeran, thats for sure.

Only thing I am unsure of is whether it will then go PJ-Beyonce or Beyonce-PJ

Beyonce is arguably the more notable of the 2 in todays society, wouldnt surprise me at all to see PJ come on and play from 6-730
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    Anyone get tickets today?
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    how is it that stubhub can now scalp regular GA tix that were given away free. they had a message on their site syaing at first "no ticket sales whatsoever" for the event, then they said only the vip tickets that were sold on ticketmaster would be scalped and now theyre selling regular GA tickets for 500 bucks? absurd..
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    nycrats said:

how is it that stubhub can now scalp regular GA tix that were given away free. they had a message on their site syaing at first "no ticket sales whatsoever" for the event, then they said only the vip tickets that were sold on ticketmaster would be scalped and now theyre selling regular GA tickets for 500 bucks? absurd..

GC said they would cancel the tickets sold on Stubhub but I think in reality they are getting a piece of the action. I am sure of it.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    anyone have any extra Jimmy Fallon or Stephen Colbert tickets for the week of the show? PM me.... :)
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,190
    I put in for 4 Jimmy Fallon tickets for FRI 9/25 the instant they were available last Thursday 8/16 11:00am. If I get them and have extras will trade for GAs.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,687

anyone have any extra Jimmy Fallon or Stephen Colbert tickets for the week of the show? PM me.... :)

Smart move, I know what you're thinking.
  • Options
    wickedvertigowickedvertigo Kenosha, WI Posts: 3
    edited August 2015
    never mind
    Post edited by wickedvertigo on
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    no luck in round #2... starting to get a little nervous since I already booked flights.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2015
    lolobugg said:

no luck in round #2... starting to get a little nervous since I already booked flights.

Don't worry. You'll get in.

The bulk of the free tickets haven't been awarded yet.

And you've got friends.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

lolobugg said:

And you've got friends.
    Thanks, man....
    That makes me feel better.
    But when I think of all the people that entered and how HUGE NYC alone is... I start to get a little nervous. I am sure half the entries probably came from us crazy PJ fans.

positive thoughts, positive thoughts.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    lolobugg said:

dankind said:

lolobugg said:

And you've got friends.
    Thanks, man....
    But when I think of all the people that entered and how HUGE NYC alone is... I start to get a little nervous. I am sure half the entries probably came from us crazy PJ fans.

They are giving away 48,000 tickets.

So far, they have doled out only 7,500 tickets, leaving 40,500 tickets available for future drawings.

You're in, man. You're in.

If I get tickets, I'm almost positive I'll have an extra. This sort of festival isn't really my wife's thing. And many others who win will be in a similar situation.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

lolobugg said:

dankind said:

lolobugg said:

And you've got friends.
    Thanks, man....

They are giving away 48,000 tickets.

So far, they have doled out only 7,500 tickets, leaving 40,500 tickets available for future drawings.

You're in, man. You're in.

If I get tickets, I'm almost positive I'll have an extra. This sort of festival isn't really my wife's thing. And many others who win will be in a similar situation.
    that eases my mind. thanks for posting the stats.....
    not feeling so bad now.
    hope everyone that wants to go can get tix.
    we will turn this thing into a PJ show!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    MSG tickets were much easier to get. Geez.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    after the initial rush of interest, and people securing tickets, I assume people/entries will fade with each passing drawing

I'm not worried
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    dmbolp said:

I put in for 4 Jimmy Fallon tickets for FRI 9/25 the instant they were available last Thursday 8/16 11:00am. If I get them and have extras will trade for GAs.

I just want to see Jimmy - if PJ it there cool, if not, I just want to take my wife to the Tonight Show when we are in NYC for the first time. :)
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    nycrats said:

I'd really like to know what the deal is here too.
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    Stubhub is a bulletin board, anybody can list any ticket for any price to any show.
    GA is gone now, they've pulled them.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    dmbolp said:

Stubhub is a bulletin board, anybody can list any ticket for any price to any show.

It was technically impossible to list regular ga until this week. Stubhub has to "turn on that section" per se to let people list them. Something Is stinky with this all

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    nycrats said:

dmbolp said:

It was technically impossible to list regular ga until this week. Stubhub has to "turn on that section" per se to let people list them. Something Is stinky with this all

Incorrect. You can list tickets for the event and key in anything you want in the "Section" field, Like GA or General Admission or whatever you want. In the "Row" field you are limited to 5 characters, like GA. If reported Stubhub will remove the listing if it's something against their policy, but you can list anything you want.
  • Options
    NB108713NB108713 Posts: 49
    I'm still searching for 2 VIP Tickets, if anyone hears anything, I would greatly appreciate it. My wife and already have the flight, just looking to get in! Thanks!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    JimmyV said:

If PJ isn't on last, you'll need to weigh the chance to beat the crowd out against the chance of potentially missing them take part in the finale. Getting out early may indeed win out but there is the chance you will miss something.

Nothing says legendary like Chris Martin, Ed Sheeran and Beyonce butcher people have the power or rocking in the free world.

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996

JimmyV said:

If PJ isn't on last, you'll need to weigh the chance to beat the crowd out against the chance of potentially missing them take part in the finale. Getting out early may indeed win out but there is the chance you will miss something.

Nothing says legendary like Chris Martin, Ed Sheeran and Beyonce butcher people have the power or rocking in the free world.

If Pearl Jam goes on last that is exactly what their encore will be.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

If Pearl Jam goes on last that is exactly what their encore will be.

That will be my queue to leave

Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    no. for the love of all things PJ. the last thing i wanna see is another 99 problems encore or any colab like that.. keep it pj
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,825
    A chance to win free tickets to see Pearl Jam at Global Citizen Festival with msnbc Snap challenge ..

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/earn-free-tickets-see-beyonce-global-citizen-festival-msnbc-snap-challenge

If you’re in New York City on Aug. 17, follow msnbc on Snapchat and take a journey through the city for a chance to earn Global Citizen Festival tickets. Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, Pearl Jam and Coldplay will headline the festival on Sept. 26 that raises awareness for extreme poverty and gives participants the tools to help combat the problem.

On Monday, Aug. 17, follow msnbc’s Snapchat handle, SHIFTMSNBC, follow the clues and qualify to earn two free festival tickets.
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    I disagree with dtr0624, I've see pj about 15 times and I really enjoyed the pj and jay z colab it was something new and unique. If your not a fan of jay z then I can understand not liking it but I grew up listing to rap and rock I enjoy all forms of music. Seeing Pearl jam perform betterman or alive is cool but I can't tell you the difference between the first time I've heard it or the 13 th, I'll never see 99 problems performed live by pj ever again and that experience will be something I remember forever.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,655

I disagree with dtr0624, I've see pj about 15 times and I really enjoyed the pj and jay z colab it was something new and unique. If your not a fan of jay z then I can understand not liking it but I grew up listing to rap and rock I enjoy all forms of music. Seeing Pearl jam perform betterman or alive is cool but I can't tell you the difference between the first time I've heard it or the 13 th, I'll never see 99 problems performed live by pj ever again and that experience will be something I remember forever.

+1

While I'm not a huge fan of Jay Z, that collaboration was a pretty unique and likely one time only thing.

Would I have preferred to hear one of my favorite PJ tunes? Sure, but I'll take 99 Problems over an original I've already seen them play 8+ times. (Honestly, if I had a choice between seeing PJ play Last Kiss [again] or playing an original Beyoncé tune with her singing............ I would probably take the collaboration!)
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,759
    This article says that the show will be on live tv yet I can't find any info on Directv. Anyone know if it's going to be on television? http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-2015-global-citizen-festival/
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996

This article says that the show will be on live tv yet I can't find any info on Directv. Anyone know if it's going to be on television? http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-2015-global-citizen-festival/

MSNBC I believe.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."