Options

The Donald for President

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited July 2015
    May be more than just tea baggers but no where majority. If he changed his initial message on immigration and McCain he'd really be rocking. I like his style and some of his message. So thankful he's taking the stage from some of the other yahoos in running.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345
    This is all like watching Daytona or Talledega. In it for the wrecks.

Politics as a reality show.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,131
    I like his plain talk for sure but his crap about building the wall on the Mexican border is just delusional.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

LOL!!!!! I love this thread ! and I would expect nothing less from my friends on the train, this what makes great debates "passion on both sides of a topic" as I have said before he's dangerous ! but aperently that's what a majority of Americans are looking for and that in it's self is dangerous because it says that they are tired if immegration and the other problems that Trump is using for his charge, the problem is not just Trump it's also a symptom of what's been going on for the last 20 years and the anger that it has created with Americans and the world...just my thought.

Godfather.

majority of Americans? No man....maybe a majority of right wing teabaggers

sure. I've never seen the left and right so pissed of..and not at each other.

Godfather.

• Options
    America is ripe for change....real change and Trump sees that, if you like him or not he has found an opening.

Godfather.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    "Trump's branding power is found lurking among that percentage of Americans we typically dismiss as politically deranged as The Donald himself. It's that rather sizable (and mostly Caucasian) slice of vocal American electorate, the more than disenchanted quarter or so who wouldn't mind burning down the house."

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/248898-the-totally-predictable-torch-and-pitchfork-rise-of

Agreed!!

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

"Trump's branding power is found lurking among that percentage of Americans we typically dismiss as politically deranged as The Donald himself. It's that rather sizable (and mostly Caucasian) slice of vocal American electorate, the more than disenchanted quarter or so who wouldn't mind burning down the house."

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/248898-the-totally-predictable-torch-and-pitchfork-rise-of

Agreed!!

call it what you like but we'll see when the dust settles what will be.

Godfather.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    When the Tea Partiers found out what teabagging meant, they stopped owning the words. Now it's just name-calling so don't use it, thank you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Another right wing nut jerk sides with Trump because bowing to POW McCain is "too left" for the GOP.

It's Bill O The Clown this time.

mediamatters.org/video/2015/07/21/bill-oreilly-blames-corrupt-media-for-trying-to/204525
  • Options
    I doubt he's mad. Why would he be now that he's allowed to marry McCain now?
  • Options
    and in other news......

CURRENCY NEWS FROM CANADA

The Royal Canadian Mint has just announced they are working closely with Barrack Obama to remove the polar bear from the 'Toonie' (two dollars) in view of its assumed demise caused by the mythical global warming scare.

In the height of political correctness, they will replace it with two gay deer.
    Instead of calling it a "toonie", it will now be called "two f-----g bucks"

this has been a public service message from your friends in the whitehouse.

• Options

Agreed!!

call it what you like but we'll see when the dust settles what will be.

Godfather.

That's not my quote. That is the author of the opinion piece.

• Options
    cool.

Godfather.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Donald Chump is threatening to run third party of he doesn't get at least a Rodney Dangerfield level of respect.
    I love it.
    If he runs 3rd party it will GUARANTEE a Democrat in the White House. The only candidate he could beat in the general election would be Al Sharpton lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345
    swear this is a test run for the next reality show.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/249062-trump-i-identify-with-some-things-as-a-democrat

This is great....he basically says the Dems wouldn't have crashed the economy like Bush did

• Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/249062-trump-i-identify-with-some-things-as-a-democrat

This is great....he basically says the Dems wouldn't have crashed the economy like Bush did

I said weeks ago he floats left, and that along with his straight talk (agree with it or not) is where his popularity is based and where it will continue to grow. For the people that just see him as a clown and a fucking idiot because, well because you are told to, have you even read what he's said about revamping Obamacare? I don't mean getting rid of it...I mean dismantling it's current form and ending the Republican endorsed raping people are getting from the insurance companies. Have you read that he thinks people who can't afford insurance should be able to get it without being forced to pay? Have you read that he wants to eliminate state line insurance laws so that competition can increase and prices decrease? Has anyone read that he doesn't want to stop immigration, but wants to make it easier? Of course not, because everyone thinks he said every Mexican (except for a few assumed good ones) are rapists and murders. Has anyone read that he wants to take away many of the corporate tax loopholes that keep these multi-billion dollar companies running tax free? Has anyone read that he wants to give incentives to corporations who keep their manufacturing (i.e. jobs) in the US, and penalize those who don't?

Shit...like him or not...he's the only one who at least has some balance to him that's not way right or way left.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    Maybe he figures a lot more Republicans would fall for his crazy bullshit. If he thought democrats would fall for it, he'd run Democrat. I'm sure he doesn't care one way or the other.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

I said weeks ago he floats left, and that along with his straight talk (agree with it or not) is where his popularity is based and where it will continue to grow. For the people that just see him as a clown and a fucking idiot because, well because you are told to, have you even read what he's said about revamping Obamacare? I don't mean getting rid of it...I mean dismantling it's current form and ending the Republican endorsed raping people are getting from the insurance companies. Have you read that he thinks people who can't afford insurance should be able to get it without being forced to pay? Have you read that he wants to eliminate state line insurance laws so that competition can increase and prices decrease? Has anyone read that he doesn't want to stop immigration, but wants to make it easier? Of course not, because everyone thinks he said every Mexican (except for a few assumed good ones) are rapists and murders. Has anyone read that he wants to take away many of the corporate tax loopholes that keep these multi-billion dollar companies running tax free? Has anyone read that he wants to give incentives to corporations who keep their manufacturing (i.e. jobs) in the US, and penalize those who don't?

Shit...like him or not...he's the only one who at least has some balance to him that's not way right or way left.
    But he's running as a republican. That's where his intelligence failed him.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Maybe he figures a lot more Republicans would fall for his crazy bullshit. If he thought democrats would fall for it, he'd run Democrat. I'm sure he doesn't care one way or the other.

No way....they can't fall for it. If they fall for it they are democrats and they aren't having any part of that.

• Options
    I think any smart Republican would bash the living hell out of what the party has done for the last 15+ years. It's been the same mindset, the same business as usual bullshit. Trashing Bush and his lack of initiative to keep the economy from collapsing is actually a brilliant move. That message will resonate with a lot of Republicans. Sure you'll have the fringe that think the party can do no wrong and never has, and will always blame things on the Democrats, but that is not the majority. Again, there's a reason why his numbers are so high, and it's not because the people out there supporting him are a bunch of racist, right wing, crazies. He's appealing to a very broad scope of the voter base and the other runners represent everything that is wrong within the party. He won't win the nomination, but I'm sure it's an "oh shit" eye opener for the people who thought they had this figured out.
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

Like how you're told to ignore his 4 bankruptcies because you're told so by the Rupert Murdoch media? *mic drop*
  • Options
    Donald is going to get the nomination.
    It will take awhile for it to sink in to the average brain that it is going to happen.
  • Options

It will take awhile for it to sink in to the average brain that it is going to happen.

At this point in the last election it was Herman Cain. A month later it was Rick Santorum. These early polls always favor the outliers with the long odds.
  • Options
    ^^^
    The poll asking who you would vote for on AMT has quite a list of candidates that I see with no odds.
    Bush, Clinton and Donald are what is running.
    Herman Cain, Rick Santorum? Who the hell are they?
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/politics/dennis-rodman-donald-trump-endorsement/?iid=ob_homepage_showcase_pool&iref=obnetwork

Looks like The Worm is endorsing The Donald. Trump even thought Dennis little trips to North Korea were "smart"
    lol
  • Options

^^^
    The poll asking who you would vote for on AMT has quite a list of candidates that I see with no odds.

Ahhh perhaps you are a Canadienne? They were the GOP fringe candidates in 2012 that led the polls early.
    16 or 17 candidates this year, the odds aren't good for most of them lol
  • Options

I'll bet your right...

Godfather.

• Options

Like how you're told to ignore his 4 bankruptcies because you're told so by the Rupert Murdoch media? *mic drop*

If he had filed personal bankruptcy, you'd have a point. Chapter 11 corporate bankruptcies are a common tool used to restructure debt and free up capital in order to pay off the debts and still maintain operation. I've worked with companies that were over leveraged because everybody and their mother wanted to loan them money or the loans were risky to begin with and they were paying exorbitant points on interest. Then it hits a down swing and its either liquidate or file Chapter 11. I can assure you Chapter 11 is the smarter move for everyone, unless you were dumb enough to loan money that wasn't secured. Many companies companies come back stronger than ever. It would be stupid for a company not to take advantage of the laws that are there to help corporations. In many cases, chapter 11 will improve a company's value for investors, and really has no reflection on how the company is managed at all. But I'm sure you already know enough about bankruptcy laws and running a major corporation that you didn't need me to tell you that.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    rgambs said:

^^^

Ahhh perhaps you are a Canadienne? They were the GOP fringe candidates in 2012 that led the polls early.
    16 or 17 candidates this year, the odds aren't good for most of them lol
    Don't blame it on being Canadian please. ;) I think your point kind of flew right by him for a minute there.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.