Options

The Donald for President

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Can you imagine being an average citizen from another country and seeing that the American people had elected a reality TV star with a notoriously bad hairdo and fake? tan...
    And then you see him stomping around calling people dummies and saying the stupid stuff he says...
    It would be way worse than the Bush effect, at least he was affable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    ^^^^ Yep, I can imagine that.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,261
    rgambs said:

Can you imagine being an average citizen from another country and seeing that the American people had elected a reality TV star with a notoriously bad hairdo and fake? tan...
    And then you see him stomping around calling people dummies and saying the stupid stuff he says...

sadly i can see the american people voting for such a man.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

rgambs said:

Californians voted for Swartsenagger........or how ever you spell that name LOL !

Godfather.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

Californians voted for Swartsenagger........or how ever you spell that name LOL !

Godfather.

Hahaha very true, and he wasn't the best governor either...
    And you totally get a pass on spelling that one lol!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    edited August 2015
    And a wrestler got voted in as Gov. of Wisconsin. Weird shit happens.

And after the latest revelations I'll stick by my earlier point...if for some reason Hillary is the nominee it will guarantee a victory for whomever she is running against.
    Post edited by Shawshank on
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

And after the latest revelations I'll sticky by my earlier point...if for some reason Hillary is the nominee it will guarantee a victory for whomever she is running against.

who was that ? I remember some kind of scandle with a Las Vegas ....adult entertainment house...ahhh it was Jesse Ventura right ?

Godfather.

• Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Yep.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    That was Minnesota. I wouldn't put Trump in with those guys...they at least campaigned on substance.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    edited August 2015
    He must have read Mein Kampf?? Not that funny.
    Shawshank said:

And let's not forget about Ronald Regan.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

He must have read Mein Kampf?? Not that funny.

Shawshank said:

And let's not forget about Ronald Regan.
    not that funny ?....not that funny but funny none the less. LOL !

Godfather.

• Options
    CH156378 said:
    thruth of the matter is..the more money you have the longer the line is of people who are waiting to kiss your ass, that picture is a perfect example.

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    CH156378 said:
    I don't care who it is - I think that's pretty awesome. I wish I could get a free helicopter ride.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I usually don't wear the tinfoil cap, but I think there is a 10% chance that The Donald is in cahoots with the Clintons.

He has contributed to them in the past and spoken fondly of them. He is bringing issues with women and race to the forefront of the GOP debates without even declaring a platform. And he is willing to go independent which will surely hand the election to Clinton.

Most likely it's his ego, but it something to think about.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Listening to him today.I can see where his Schtick is resonating with the Washington outsider crowd.Im not going to be so dismissive at this point.He is striking a nerve that has been untapped.I wouldn't vote for him but I can see where others would as a vote against what has been.
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    edited August 2015
    I don't know what to think anymore. This election cycle is crazy. I don't think I could ever vote for Trump but I do like listening to him speak. I really enjoy listening to him talk about the Iraq war, "disaster".
    What I seen of his press conference today was fascinating. Lol
    Post edited by CH156378 on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    +1

“Jeb Bush is a puppet to his donors,” Trump said donning his red “Make America Great” hat. He also slammed the former Florida Governor for saying we have to prove we have “skin in the game” in Iraq.

“It may be one of the dumbest statements I ever heard,” the GOP frontrunner said, adding Iraqi officials are a bunch of “crooks” and Bush should apologize to the families of fallen U.S. soldiers.
    Post edited by CH156378 on
  • Options
    Lol!

Clinton, walking with the former U.S. senator from Iowa, Tom Harkin, shook hands with supporters, with a large press pack in tow.

As the group neared a meat-on-a-stick stand, a helicopter began circling overhead.

"It's the Donald!” yelled an onlooker, as eyes shifted to the sky.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

Listening to him today.I can see where his Schtick is resonating with the Washington outsider crowd.Im not going to be so dismissive at this point.He is striking a nerve that has been untapped.I wouldn't vote for him but I can see where others would as a vote against what has been.

Yep.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Yep.
    Plus who dosent love a free helicopter ride.His wife is a smoke show also,so there's that component to consider.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304

Shawshank said:

And after the latest revelations I'll sticky by my earlier point...if for some reason Hillary is the nominee it will guarantee a victory for whomever she is running against.

who was that ? I remember some kind of scandle with a Las Vegas ....adult entertainment house...ahhh it was Jesse Ventura right ?

Godfather.

They also voted in a comedian. Al Franken anyone? He's a senator for Minnesota. I guess they like their TV personalities up there huh?

As for Trump? He will garner some attention but no momentum. He will surely say something to anger a whole group of voters...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277
    Unless there is a major Hillary scandal Trump isn't winning the Presidency. He can win the Republican Nominee though. Trump most likely can't win Florida, California and Texas with zero Latino support and if you don't win any of those 3 states it's extremely difficult to get enough electoral college votes to win.

and my money is still on the 50/50 chance he doesn't really want to run a full campaign and is doing this for publicity and will pull out at some point and blame it on the media.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I usually don't wear the tinfoil cap, but I think there is a 10% chance that The Donald is in cahoots with the Clintons.

He has contributed to them in the past and spoken fondly of them. He is bringing issues with women and race to the forefront of the GOP debates without even declaring a platform. And he is willing to go independent which will surely hand the election to Clinton.

Most likely it's his ego, but it something to think about.

I'm going to go with you on that theory.

Godfather.

• Options

Shawshank said:

Godfather.

They also voted in a comedian. Al Franken anyone? He's a senator for Minnesota. I guess they like their TV personalities up there huh?

As for Trump? He will garner some attention but no momentum. He will surely say something to anger a whole group of voters...
    he already has..this weekend he stated he wants to deport all ilegals along with thier children(anchor babies)...not a bad Idea in my opinion but it's only wishful thinking.

Godfather.

• Options
    Illegals are not a problem that we should be focusing on. Income inequality is our biggest issue. Anyone in the middle class that doesn't see that has blinders on.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304

Illegals are not a problem that we should be focusing on. Income inequality is our biggest issue. Anyone in the middle class that doesn't see that has blinders on.

What middleclass?
  • Options

economic and social issues created by illegal immagration are a very real problem no matter what financial class your in.

Godfather.

• Options

economic and social issues created by illegal immagration are a very real problem no matter what financial class your in.

Godfather.

not if you're in the 1% bud...

This discussion has been closed.