The Donald for President

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

The Trumpet supporters in this thread are helping me with weight loss. Every time I read their comments, I puke.

I always wonder what this phrase "make America great again" entails for a Republican. I think America could be great, a leader in environmental safe and energy saving solutions, a leader for social acceptance and creating a good environment for people to grow economically, intellectually and socially, a beacon of hope and example for the rest of the world. There are so many possibilities! But instead, all you hear is about inequality, injustice, hate, intolerance, greed and war.

Watching this election unfold is certainly interesting and amusing at times. But each time I find it amusing, the thought of a possible Trump as pres is creeping back into my mind and then I fear for the future.

Go, Bernie!

Woot!

From a public policy standpoint how would anyone really know if Trump would be any worse than Bush or Obama?
    What I mean is how would anyone know what he would do and wouldn't do? Other than his rhetoric about Muslims and pigs blood soaked bullets etc what else could be worse?
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

obamaites.... prepare for America to be great again, the ongoing problem with this country will be removed and his legacy in history will be one of great regret .....but we will move forward

Godfather.

Which problem would that be?
    Care to elaborate?
    currently the problem is yours truly Obama and by the way have you read some of the stories about the failing Obama care system ? or talked to anybody who has been screwed by Obama care ? or maybe his ongoing relationship with muslim radicals...yeah he's a real winner.
    the list goes on and on but everybody knows that.

Godfather.
    Your arguments might be taken more seriously if you had a better grasp of the English language.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yours+truly

yours truly
    me, myself, I (from the parting salutation at the end of a letter)

To be more clear.....you referred to yourself as Obama.

obamaites.... prepare for America to be great again, the ongoing problem with this country will be removed and his legacy in history will be one of great regret .....but we will move forward

Godfather.

Which problem would that be?
    Care to elaborate?
    currently the problem is yours truly Obama and by the way have you read some of the stories about the failing Obama care system ? or talked to anybody who has been screwed by Obama care ? or maybe his ongoing relationship with muslim radicals...yeah he's a real winner.
    the list goes on and on but everybody knows that.

Godfather.
    Your arguments might be taken more seriously if you had a better grasp of the English language.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yours+truly

yours truly
    me, myself, I (from the parting salutation at the end of a letter)

To be more clear.....you referred to yourself as Obama.
    good grief ! thank you for the lesson, you're right I will bow my head in educational shame LOL !
    Godfather.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Young people will swing this election. They won't be sucked into Trump's fear based agenda and will ensure another DEM is in the White House next year.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited February 2016
    Let's hope, 2-feign...
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
    Doesn't seem like much to me? Hit pieces haven't worked on trump so far, prob help him.
    I've been waiting for the RNC takedown of trump but it hasn't happened yet. Teflon Don! Seems like the RNC will give Rubio a try. They need 2 other horses in the race because they can't allow 5 deferment Don to unleash all his fury on one candidate.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Young people will swing this election. They won't be sucked into Trump's fear based agenda and will ensure another DEM is in the White House next year.

Sure, but voter turnout overall is lower than in 2008. People actually have to get out and vote.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    edited February 2016
    Democrats surely are not FIRED UP AND READY TO GO. Welcome back. Took a day huh?
    Post edited by usamamasan1 on
  • I want Trump to win the election but I don't want him to be president. I know...that sounds crazy. I'm enjoying how he's destroying the Republican party. The advent of the Tea Party put huge cracks into it...and Trump is like dropping an atomic bomb on it. So I like how Trump is throwing a wrench into "politics as usual" and the fact that a non-politician is doing this well in one of the major party's primaries is cool. But really, Trump as the president? It'd be embarrassing.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

The poorly educated love Trump too. Look at the support they offer him in this forum!

fear based agenda ? and what fears are those ? is there a generation of Trumpaphobes ?
    this reminds me of a post on Facebook that said .."you do realize that all the people who don't like Trump voted for Obama twice" I got a chuckle out of it.

Godfather.

I want Trump to win the election but I don't want him to be president. I know...that sounds crazy. I'm enjoying how he's destroying the Republican party. The advent of the Tea Party put huge cracks into it...and Trump is like dropping an atomic bomb on it. So I like how Trump is throwing a wrench into "politics as usual" and the fact that a non-politician is doing this well in one of the major party's primaries is cool. But really, Trump as the president? It'd be embarrassing.

for the reasons you stated he may very well be elected and besides he couldn't be anymore embarrassing to our country then Obama already has right ?

Godfather
  • I want Trump to win the election but I don't want him to be president. I know...that sounds crazy. I'm enjoying how he's destroying the Republican party. The advent of the Tea Party put huge cracks into it...and Trump is like dropping an atomic bomb on it. So I like how Trump is throwing a wrench into "politics as usual" and the fact that a non-politician is doing this well in one of the major party's primaries is cool. But really, Trump as the president? It'd be embarrassing.

for the reasons you stated he may very well be elected and besides he couldn't be anymore embarrassing to our country then Obama already has right ?

Godfather
    Well I mean embarrassing from a personality standpoint. You can hate Obama's policies but at least the guy presents himself well. And the crazy thing is, despite how out there some of the things Trump has said have been, he's biting his tongue right now. I can't imagine the things he'd say as president. We'd go from Bush (who couldn't put a coherent sentence together), to Obama (who's so fake he's like an actor) to Trump (who would probably say the word "pussies" at some point in his State of the Union address. Part of me wants it..and part of me doesn't. I'm torn on the whole thing...which is what makes this election so exciting.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    85 pages later I guess it is time to admit my prediction that he would be out of the race long before Super Tuesday was about as wrong as a prediction can be.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:

85 pages later I guess it is time to admit my prediction that he would be out of the race long before Super Tuesday was about as wrong as a prediction can be.

You're like my dad. He thought Trump had no chance at all so I bet him a golf driver that Trump would at least be one of the last two Republicans standing. Think I'll go with one of those adjustable-loft drivers.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • JC29856 said:

Doesn't seem like much to me? Hit pieces haven't worked on trump so far, prob help him.
    I've been waiting for the RNC takedown of trump but it hasn't happened yet. Teflon Don! Seems like the RNC will give Rubio a try. They need 2 other horses in the race because they can't allow 5 deferment Don to unleash all his fury on one candidate.
    I guess I thought it was funny how he told them to avoid "tough questions". But shortly after I posted it, I deleted the link anyways.
    One good thing would be that if Trump should become President, the rest of the world will feel better about what they have.

I want Trump to win the election but I don't want him to be president. I know...that sounds crazy. I'm enjoying how he's destroying the Republican party. The advent of the Tea Party put huge cracks into it...and Trump is like dropping an atomic bomb on it. So I like how Trump is throwing a wrench into "politics as usual" and the fact that a non-politician is doing this well in one of the major party's primaries is cool. But really, Trump as the president? It'd be embarrassing.

Godfather
    Well I mean embarrassing from a personality standpoint. You can hate Obama's policies but at least the guy presents himself well. And the crazy thing is, despite how out there some of the things Trump has said have been, he's biting his tongue right now. I can't imagine the things he'd say as president. We'd go from Bush (who couldn't put a coherent sentence together), to Obama (who's so fake he's like an actor) to Trump (who would probably say the word "pussies" at some point in his State of the Union address. Part of me wants it..and part of me doesn't. I'm torn on the whole thing...which is what makes this election so exciting.
    HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH OHHHHMAN ! I'm laughing my ass off right now mostly because you have a very strong point, thank you !

Godfather.

"winning winning winning and soon the country is going to start winning winning winning"
    "We won with the hispanics. As I said, my relationship with the Hispanics if fantastic"
    "We're doing great with African Americans. We're doing fantastic with African Americans"
    "Young African Americans are 59% unemployed. We're going to bring jobs back and economic development"
    Tru Don

won in west, won in south, won in north east
    it's almost to good to be true.

Godfather.
    JimmyV said:

mmmmm crow

I guess that means that his show will go on hiatus?

I'm really curious as to how long he will stay in. He is going to get destroyed.

Godfather
    This thread will be on fire if ever the day comes that the RNC decides enough is enough with 5 deferment Don.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128

JimmyV said:

mmmmm crow

You realize there are those of us who have been here long enough to remember when you used to be a normal person, right? Able to have intelligent conversations? PJ20 wasn't that long ago, dude.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    those shows were dope!

Godfather
    Wow...great argument.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    not arguing. he presents himself like a douche
  • not arguing. he presents himself like a douche

Well you're quoting me and putting the stuff you want make counter-points to in bold and then posting a pic of Obama that is supposed to prove me wrong.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Sorry?
  • Umm....ok?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

"winning winning winning and soon the country is going to start winning winning winning"
    "We won with the hispanics. As I said, my relationship with the Hispanics if fantastic"
    "We're doing great with African Americans. We're doing fantastic with African Americans"
    "Young African Americans are 59% unemployed. We're going to bring jobs back and economic development"
    Tru Don

won in west, won in south, won in north east

Won the Hispanics??? HA. The three that showed up.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    deal. i just hope all you all that post frequently here aren't stealing from your employer by doing so. it's unethical.
This discussion has been closed.