The Donald for President

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

President Obama is driving the car with Hillary Clinton riding shotgun.

better than having this bafoon with his finger on the red button .....
    Wow now you're driving that fear onto people. The liberal way.

If that's the liberal way, why is the right so much better at it?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited December 2015

In my opinion all the candidates that are there are very polarising. This might make possible voters tired of making a decision. Any vote that is not given will make it easier for the wrong people to win... I hope people realise that their vote is important and go vote. If that guy wins, I might consider moving back to Germany.

When you said you "Hate that you can't vote yet", what do you mean?
    What is in Germany that is holding you back from going there now?
    Why would a POTUS affect where you reside?
    I have moved to America. I am an immigrant. Came here in 2012, got married. I am a green card holder, but not a citizen. I am not registered in Germany anymore so I cannot vote in Germany, but I am also not allowed to vote in America yet (because I am not a citizen). The POTUS is affecting my life because I live in America :) And what is holding me back? I am married to an American. He cannot speak German. We decided that America will be our country of residence.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • JimmyV said:

Trump is currently polling at approximately 30% in the GOP primary. 70% of Republican voters prefer someone other than him. He may be the front runner right now but it is highly doubtful he wins the nomination, never mind the general election.

I've said it before, Koch always wins out in the end for the GOP and he's already made enemies with them. Even teabagger extremists politicians are finally casting him out.
    agreed...it's a really odd campaign

Kasich has a PAC that is getting ready to release some Trump attack ads. That GOP pollster Frank Luntz was quoted in an article recently about how he was amazed that Trump's polling does not seem to be affected by negative ads. His followers are truly the birthers, conspiracy nuts, etc. that do not believe ANYTHING that the major news outlets report even if it is absolute fact.

I predicted that Trump would have dropped out long before this. I figured that at some point he would reach a spending limit and walk away from it. Now he's starting to lose business...sponsors are dropping him (like the golf course in Dubai) and business deals are falling away.

He has definitely done some work polishing his campaign. He has a few female campaign reps doing radio and TV interviews that try to push attention away from his crazy rhetoric.

I am still leaning toward him bolting at some point and running independent. He will want to do that to get revenge against the GOP.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    Sanders tells it like it is re. Trump. Check it out on the "Bernie Sanders for President" thread.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited December 2015
    It is really sad that it doesn't seem like Sanders has a hope in hell of winning. Seems even some people who want to vote for him won't just because they think he is too old. :( I would disagree. It is also depressing. Apparently once you hit your 70s everyone begins the death watch. Now that my vibrant, super fit and active dad is 75 (older than Bernie I think?), I am very conscious of this kind of thing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    PJ_Soul said:

It is really sad that it doesn't seem like Sanders has a hope in hell of winning. Seems even some people who want to vote for him won't just because they think he is too old. :( I would disagree. It is also depressing. Apparently once you hit your 70s everyone begins the death watch. Now that my vibrant, super fit and active dad is 75 (older than Bernie I think?), I am very conscious of this kind of thing.

My Pop will be 95 in about a month and I would vote for him for president if he were running!

Bernie is still plenty sharp enough and what other choices are there? None!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I don't think it is his age so much as it is Democratic power brokers deciding on Hillary so early. She has basically been anointed and 2016 declared as her year. Bernie never really stood a chance. It's kind of a shame.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

Wow, now you're being the pot calling the kettle black, using "I know you are but what am I!" strawmen and saying "My party is above the law because I say so! Derp!" The retardican way.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited December 2015
    TL170678 said:

I used to vote Democrat I just do not understand how anyone can still support their hypocritical, lying, PC ways. "Do not say a muslim committed a crime, but make sure you put emphasis on white when a cop shoots a criminal."

And the republican party who gets butthurt when a democrat becomes gay, aborts a fetus, complains about sex and violence in movies, and calls a black republican Uncle is any better or less PC? That's like moving from alcohol to meth.

Also, cool apples/oranges fallacy on the last sentence, brah, especially when your side puts emphasis on black criminals but not whiteys like Cliven Bundy.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    I worry about electing someone as old as Bernie.
    But if he chooses a good running mate I could be swayed.

Perhaps a certain Senator from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts?

• JimmyV said:

Yep

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Bernie is 74, but the Donald is 69 and Hillary is 68. I don't see it as a huuuuuge difference. :smirk:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    edited December 2015

Bernie is 74, but the Donald is 69 and Hillary is 68. I don't see it as a huuuuuge difference. :smirk:

I don't either, but a LOT of people seem to. Honestly, I think it might have to do with the fact that he has white hair and the others dye theirs. Sad, eh??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambs said:

Because their better at everything. LOL!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671

rgambs said:

Because their better at everything. LOL!
    Last I checked Eddie Vedder is a liberal
    And quite loud and proud about it.
    PJ_Soul said:

Bernie is 74, but the Donald is 69 and Hillary is 68. I don't see it as a huuuuuge difference. :smirk:

I don't either, but a LOT of people seem to. Honestly, I think it might have to do with the fact that he has white hair and the others dye theirs. Sad, eh??
    I think there are also Democrats who know deep down that while Hillary is not a great choice the decision has been made for them by the party machine. Repeating the mantra that Bernie is too old is a good way to dismiss his candidacy.

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Not so sure with Bernie it's just the age thing. Even I question how things would be paid and he doesn't resonate being able to articulate his plans. Who knows maybe I'm further right than I thought.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Fwiw, in American politics, "liberal" is an adjective. A person cannot be "a" liberal (or "a" conservative for that matter).
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited December 2015
    callen said:

Not so sure with Bernie it's just the age thing. Even I question how things would be paid and he doesn't resonate being able to articulate his plans. Who knows maybe I'm further right than I thought.

I think that Bernie and Trump are just mascots of the extreme polarizion these days. They jump around like clowns and rile up the hardcore extremists of both sides and turn into yesterday's news. If you are still smart enough to question people on the far reaches of ideology on either side, it just makes you a person that still maintains logic and reasoning capabilities ;). No need to beat yourself because you do not agree with a majority opinion...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    I don't think Bernie has done anything even remotely clown-like. He and Trump can't be compared, come on.
    At a rally in Vegas a Trump supporter was recorded yelling "light the motherfucker on fire" at a black protester.
    The GOP is responding to Trump's dominance in the polls by preparing for a brokered convention. Despite having a clear frontrunner, they are getting ready for a floor fight. What a mess.

• PJPOWER said:

callen said:

I think that Bernie and Trump are just mascots of the extreme polarizion these days. They jump around like clowns and rile up the hardcore extremists of both sides and turn into yesterday's news. If you are still smart enough to question people on the far reaches of ideology on either side, it just makes you a person that still maintains logic and reasoning capabilities ;). No need to beat yourself because you do not agree with a majority opinion...
    Bernie is polarizing? You need to get out of your bubble.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    edited December 2015

JimmyV said:

Yep
    Negative here. I'm a Democrat but Elizabeth Warren is a fool. Her policies are at the height of creating unintended consequences. Those of in financial services have seen first hand how the CFPB operates and how their "consent orders" have created a new financial services industry that is preying even more directly on low income and the least sophisticated consumers. She's targeted big banks but she doesn't understand that 'big banks' employ thousands and thousands of middle class works, non-exempts, low level managers, etc. whose livelihoods are damaged by her misguided policies. No thanks. She's a nightmare.
    The Donald will be sitting out tonight's debate right?
    Oh, that's right, CNN called his bluff and showed him to be the ass he is.
    When he tells Mexico to build the wall and they don't...
    mrussel1 said:

JimmyV said:

Yep
    Negative here. I'm a Democrat but Elizabeth Warren is a fool. Her policies are at the height of creating unintended consequences. Those of in financial services have seen first hand how the CFPB operates and how their "consent orders" have created a new financial services industry that is preying even more directly on low income and the least sophisticated consumers. She's targeted big banks but she doesn't understand that 'big banks' employ thousands and thousands of middle class works, non-exempts, low level managers, etc. whose livelihoods are damaged by her misguided policies. No thanks. She's a nightmare.
    The height?
    Higher than the deregulation that gave us a huge recession? Higher than the lack of action which is leading us right into the next recession?

What are you smoking? I might need to try some.
    edited December 2015
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

JimmyV said:

Yep
    The height?
    Higher than the deregulation that gave us a huge recession? Higher than the lack of action which is leading us right into the next recession?

What are you smoking? I might need to try some.
    The only piece of de-regulation legislature that conceivably contributed to the bubble was the elimination of Glass-Steagall which was signed by Clinton. The recession was caused, at its core, by the popping of the real estate bubble. Whose fault was that? Everyone's. It was the fault of the traders who bought and sold asset backed securities without every properly understanding the make up of the loan originations. It was the fault of the mortgage brokers who underwrote stated income and short term Arms that were tenuous. It was the fault of real estate agents who convinced the buyers that they could just refinance to a traditional loan when the Arm is up, since their property could ONLY increase in value. And it was the fault of the buyers who moronically either lied about their income (stated income) or bought something far out of their price range.

Warren created the CFPB as part of Dodd-Frank. At the time, I cautiously applauded them on the mission, but I was okay with the Dodd-Frank provisions on fees and some of the related changes to Basel III (which created new reserve requirements for Banks which creates better solvency in the event of a crisis). However..... I've dealt with the CFPB directly on multiple occasions. I've testified in front of them. They do not understand the market in which they play and the unintended consequences of their actions. Listen to talk radio today (Stern, ESPN, etc.). Listen to all the advertisements for easy money... Cash Call, World Acceptance, Prosper, etc. None of these existed before the CFPB. Why? Because the Banks can no longer lend to the underserved market because the cost is too high under the consent orders by the CFPB. So now alternative lending is springing up with effective APRs in the 80% range. I'm not kidding. But they aren't federally charted and below the reg authority of the CFPB.

sorry to be on my soap box. People here know me as a rational person and fundamentally progressive. But I'm not anti-capitalist. She is.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • mrussel1 said:

JimmyV said:

Yep
    uh...sorry but you are completely clueless.

edited December 2015

mrussel1 said:

JimmyV said:

Yep
    uh...sorry but you are completely clueless.
    Be more specific here with how I'm clueless. This is an area in which I have a very deep level of understanding and expertise. So please.. explain to me how I'm clueless.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
This discussion has been closed.