edited December 2015
    ^^^
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    It's gonna get real ugly for Trump ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

Lol. Uncanny. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

I think Trump actually DOES know what he's doing. He is feeding off of hate, and what do angry americans love the most? shoving themselves and their patriotism down the throats of the world and pissing everyone off in the process. I think everything he's saying and doing is totally calculated. But I don't believe it will work.

Agree.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG

Keep America Safe, that's what's most important right now.
    You want another Paris? 9/11? S. Bernadino?

Trumps rhetoric and his supporters creates hatred for another 911.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Uncanny. =)

Gem.
  • God, I hope Americans prove that they are thinking when they go and vote. And I hope that not just the hillbillies go vote. If that guy wins we are fucking doomed. It almost feels like a joke. I hate that I cannot vote yet.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    Its a slippery slope to yellow stars, cattle cars, and the showers.

Hate is driven by fear and ignorance and should be dealt with accordingly.

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    Well this is fun. There are a LOT of gifs and memes out there for us to share. :lol:

Leeze, do you think maybe that everyone who doesn't want Trump to win will come out to the polls as a vote against him? If so, he'll surely lose by a landslide. :prayer:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • In my opinion all the candidates that are there are very polarising. This might make possible voters tired of making a decision. Any vote that is not given will make it easier for the wrong people to win... I hope people realise that their vote is important and go vote. If that guy wins, I might consider moving back to Germany.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    edited December 2015
    Trump is currently polling at approximately 30% in the GOP primary. 70% of Republican voters prefer someone other than him. He may be the front runner right now but it is highly doubtful he wins the nomination, never mind the general election.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited December 2015
    JimmyV said:

Trump is currently polling at approximately 30% in the GOP primary. 70% of Republican voters prefer someone other than him. He may be the front runner right now but it is highly doubtful he wins the nomination, never mind the general election.

I've said it before, Koch always wins out in the end for the GOP and he's already made enemies with them. Even teabagger extremists politicians are finally casting him out.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Candidates in the early stages of campaigns are often polarizing. Early on the goal is to get the party faithful on board and active. As the campaigns progress, a lot of the fringe candidates will be weeded out, and you'll see more of the general voting public start to get interested and involved. That will also cause candidates who are still in the running to moderate somewhat, to capture the independents/moderates/undecided voters while still trying to hang on to the more polarized party activists. We're still early stages here. I am surprised Trump is doing as well as he is (I thought he'd be done after a debate or two), but there is no way in hell that someone so polarizing has any shot at winning. By definition, being polarizing means you aren't capturing the votes of the moderates who make up the majority of voters.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr said:

Candidates in the early stages of campaigns are often polarizing. Early on the goal is to get the party faithful on board and active. As the campaigns progress, a lot of the fringe candidates will be weeded out, and you'll see more of the general voting public start to get interested and involved. That will also cause candidates who are still in the running to moderate somewhat, to capture the independents/moderates/undecided voters while still trying to hang on to the more polarized party activists. We're still early stages here. I am surprised Trump is doing as well as he is (I thought he'd be done after a debate or two), but there is no way in hell that someone so polarizing has any shot at winning. By definition, being polarizing means you aren't capturing the votes of the moderates who make up the majority of voters.

I agree, and this is a calming thought. This is the first presidentail election I am following a bit more closely, and also from in America. It is interesting to see how things develop and hear everyone talking. But yeah, some things sound like a joke.
  • In my opinion all the candidates that are there are very polarising. This might make possible voters tired of making a decision. Any vote that is not given will make it easier for the wrong people to win... I hope people realise that their vote is important and go vote. If that guy wins, I might consider moving back to Germany.

When you said you "Hate that you can't vote yet", what do you mean?
    What is in Germany that is holding you back from going there now?
    Why would a POTUS affect where you reside?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Record numbers will vote if he miraculously makes the election & he won't win. He's a king troll. Nothing more. Place him in the halls of idiots like Ross Perot & Ralph Nader.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Record numbers will vote if he miraculously makes the election & he won't win. He's a king troll. Nothing more. Place him in the halls of idiots like Ross Perot & Ralph Nader.

That is a huge insult to Perot and especially Nader, who has done so much for this country that people don't even know.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128

Neither Perot nor Nader is a good comparison for Donald Trump. Not sure one truly exists. Strom Thurmond and the Dixiecrats in 1948 may be the best example in somewhat recent American politics.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Local Imam ousted for siding with Trump on immigration ban...

A political conflict is playing out within the walls of the Muslim community in Southeast Texas. A man who was the leader of Muslims in the area said Thursday the conflict has resulted in his ousting.

"Don't get me involved in any political games in the name of religion. I am not here a political man," Dr. Nidal Alsayyed said.

But it's political motivations he said have forced him to resign as Imam.

"Sadly, it's Clinton versus Trump," he said.

Dr. Al Sayyed told KFDM News he was forced to resign as religious director of the Islamic Society of the Triplex after making comments Monday in which he agrees with Donald Trump's statements that the U.S. should temporarily stop accepting any new Muslim immigrants into the country.

While the religious leader said he expected the call to resign eventually, he said it was sped up by politics.

"I think any future candidates, presidents who do not support the fact that we need to be more safe and more cautious about whom to bring into this country, whether a Muslim or not," Dr. Alsayyed said.

His comments he said had nothing to do with politics, but the former Imam said Trump's comments are in line with the Islamic religion.

"The text of the holy Qur'an says the loss of one life is equivalent to killing the whole mankind," he said.

His viewpoint, in part, shifting after lingering questions about the backgrounds of the couple responsible for the mass shooting in San Bernardino.

"But the way it happens when you see this mass shooting and you see some people coming with such a very peaceful background and all of the sudden the intelligences themselves, the agencies are not able to figure out what's happening, why all of a sudden this guy or this girl or that lady open fire and kill 15 people, because American Muslims are not doing their job in the country. So we need to stop, we need to stop taking new ones until we fix the existing situation," Dr. Alsayyed said.

The religious leader said there is a problem with some American Muslims seeing a conflict between following their religious beliefs and their patriotism to the U.S., and an issue differentiating the religious community and its political role. He said the two should not mix.

"I came to know this morning from some close contacts and friends over 102 Imams, religious people in Houston, were fired and forced to be basically leave their jobs, leave their mosques only because they did not get along with the political agenda for their board members," he said.

Dr. Alsayyed said he took the position to help young people here understand Islam, and it's the youth where Islamic leaders should focus their attention.

"Nobody is investing a dollar to basically raise the understanding what does it take for a Muslim to live in the United States," he said.

KFDM News spoke with a board member of the Islamic Society of the Triplex. He said the board is deliberating and will issue an official statement by Saturday in response to the comments from Dr. Alsayyed, but the Islamic Society of the Triplex does take issue with the statements made by the former Imam.

http://www.fox4beaumont.com/community/features/community-news/stories/local-imam-says-he-forced-resign-because-he-agrees-trump-muslim-immigration-1932.shtml
  • President Obama is driving the car with Hillary Clinton riding shotgun.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859

In my opinion all the candidates that are there are very polarising. This might make possible voters tired of making a decision. Any vote that is not given will make it easier for the wrong people to win... I hope people realise that their vote is important and go vote. If that guy wins, I might consider moving back to Germany.

When you said you "Hate that you can't vote yet", what do you mean?
    What is in Germany that is holding you back from going there now?
    Why would a POTUS affect where you reside?
    I think she is talking about voting in America.

A friend of Trump has had enough. Interesting letter that Russell Simmons wrote to his (ex)buddy!

http://www.someecards.com/entertainment/celebrities/russell-simmons-to-trump-stop-the-bullsht/
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    rgambs said:

That is a huge insult to Perot and especially Nader, who has done so much for this country that people don't even know.
    Nader did a fine job pulling votes away from Gore in 00' and saw to it that Bush was elected. There's always some cheeky fellow in the race saying wild crazy shit, distinguishing themselves from 'the pack' in doing so. This hall is wide you see, where lots of different types of presidential hopefuls go when it's all over.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Uncanny. =)

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213

President Obama is driving the car with Hillary Clinton riding shotgun.

better than having this bafoon with his finger on the red button .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • President Obama is driving the car with Hillary Clinton riding shotgun.

better than having this bafoon with his finger on the red button .....
    Wow now you're driving that fear onto people. The liberal way.

• TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422
    edited December 2015
    I used to vote Democrat I just do not understand how anyone can still support their hypocritical, lying, PC ways. "Do not say a muslim committed a crime, but make sure you put emphasis on white when a cop shoots a criminal."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,685
    I'll say it again- there's a difference between political correctness and racism/bigotry/xenophobia. One is arbitrary, the other is just plane wrong.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.