The Donald for President

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Gern your quite biased aren't you.You are big Dem guy right?.
    As an Independent there is some good stuff in here that will impact my world.I take each candidate at face value until the propose policy.I think trump is a blow hard,but there is no denying his buisness savy.This country could use a little economic shot in the arm.

I'm biased against outrageous "tax plans" that have no basis in reality. There is already a 0% tax bracket. This plan will just increase the amount of people that pay $0. Aren't those the people that the conservatives are always complaining about? The 47% that are takers?

It's hilarious to me that a clown like Trump increases the number of people paying $0 (while decreasing his own taxes by a large %) and conservatives call it good...just fucking hilarious.
    The top 10 percent of income earners paid 71% of all federal income taxes in 2010 and earned 45% of all income. The bottom 50% paid 2% of income taxes. (I pulled this from a quick Google search). It would be difficult to lower taxes on the bottom 50% when they already pay very little income tax.

Anyway, you need to understand that conservatives don't think we should all pay zero income tax, or that we should all pay at the same rate. A lot of people I talk with are perfectly fine paying taxes, but don't like to see the taxes wasted. Some taxpayers are paying federal rates of 39.6% plus some other tack on taxes to support Obamacare. So I don't think conservatives are upset a family making $25,000 isn't paying tax, they just don't want to pay 40% if a lot of it is being wasted on mismanagement (and now mostly interest payments on the federal debt).
    disagree...revisit Romney's 47% comments and the outrage that followed.

YOU might agree with lower earnings paying nothing but the overall majority of your party does not.

And to top it off...most of those in your party are those same people paying next to nothing. That's the hilarious part.
    That last part is very wrong.The majority are your "job creators" buisness people who pay a shit ton.as fox calls us
    The problem I have with Conservatism is that the tax cuts always end up going to the very richest, leaving the true job creators (small/medium businesses, medical practices, contractors etc) to pay out the ass.
    And not so much that....our taxes aren't based off of how much the government "needs". That's why we have huge deficits. The problem is that the GOP makes these cuts to taxes and the deficits rise and then they try to cut social programs.

it just kills me that California is taxed to the gill's and then the cost of living is so high that I can't believe people can afford to live here, housing is some of the highest in the nation along with basic utilities that alone is just friggin scary, if you leave California in any direction housing cost and utilities fall about 50% until you hit parts of the east coast area's. so the tax structure seems a little odd to me.

Godfather.

A very liberal state run by Dems.Go figure.
    You sound surprised G
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

As an Independent there is some good stuff in here that will impact my world.I take each candidate at face value until the propose policy.I think trump is a blow hard,but there is no denying his buisness savy.This country could use a little economic shot in the arm.

I'm biased against outrageous "tax plans" that have no basis in reality. There is already a 0% tax bracket. This plan will just increase the amount of people that pay $0. Aren't those the people that the conservatives are always complaining about? The 47% that are takers?

It's hilarious to me that a clown like Trump increases the number of people paying $0 (while decreasing his own taxes by a large %) and conservatives call it good...just fucking hilarious.
    The top 10 percent of income earners paid 71% of all federal income taxes in 2010 and earned 45% of all income. The bottom 50% paid 2% of income taxes. (I pulled this from a quick Google search). It would be difficult to lower taxes on the bottom 50% when they already pay very little income tax.

Anyway, you need to understand that conservatives don't think we should all pay zero income tax, or that we should all pay at the same rate. A lot of people I talk with are perfectly fine paying taxes, but don't like to see the taxes wasted. Some taxpayers are paying federal rates of 39.6% plus some other tack on taxes to support Obamacare. So I don't think conservatives are upset a family making $25,000 isn't paying tax, they just don't want to pay 40% if a lot of it is being wasted on mismanagement (and now mostly interest payments on the federal debt).

YOU might agree with lower earnings paying nothing but the overall majority of your party does not.

And to top it off...most of those in your party are those same people paying next to nothing. That's the hilarious part.
    That last part is very wrong.The majority are your "job creators" buisness people who pay a shit ton.as fox calls us
    The problem I have with Conservatism is that the tax cuts always end up going to the very richest, leaving the true job creators (small/medium businesses, medical practices, contractors etc) to pay out the ass.
    And not so much that....our taxes aren't based off of how much the government "needs". That's why we have huge deficits. The problem is that the GOP makes these cuts to taxes and the deficits rise and then they try to cut social programs.

it just kills me that California is taxed to the gill's and then the cost of living is so high that I can't believe people can afford to live here, housing is some of the highest in the nation along with basic utilities that alone is just friggin scary, if you leave California in any direction housing cost and utilities fall about 50% until you hit parts of the east coast area's. so the tax structure seems a little odd to me.

Godfather.

You sound surprised G
    was Schwarzenegger a Dem? I forget
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Godfather.

You sound surprised G
    no..just tired of it and disgusted all at the same time, I'm outta here !

Godfather.

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Godfather.

You sound surprised G
    No,either was Bush,But Libs like to trot out shit a decade in the past ^^^^^^ as the root of all evil.Maybe some accountability by ALL politicians (Current Cali Admin)and the fiscal plans they stand behind would be a step in the right direction.Hows that water thing going for them???
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Godfather.

You sound surprised G
    No,either was Bush,But Libs like to trot out shit a decade in the past ^^^^^^ as the root of all evil.Maybe some accountability by ALL politicians (Current Cali Admin)and the fiscal plans they stand behind would be a step in the right direction.Hows that water thing going for them???
    Yeah they just need to pray for rain.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Godfather.

You sound surprised G
    you mean the drought? Was that legislated?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Godfather.

You sound surprised G
    I saw a story about the California drought on foxnews

They blamed President Obama
    All I know is they better use some of that wasted tax $$ on a real comprehensive plan to remedy their severe water problem.Im not talking about conserving,I'm talking about producing more liquid.Maybe salt water conversion.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522

Moonpig said:
    and some folks around here say FOXNEWS is shady ! HAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAH
    it seems all sides are not immune to spreading a little comedy in the interest of political propaganda ....AWESOME !!!!!!

Godfather.

a satirical news site and a ridiculously partisan "news" channel like fox are not the same.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Godfather.

You sound surprised G
    I saw a story about the California drought on foxnews

They blamed President Obama
    it's a Kenyan Konspiracy!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Americans tend to be easily amused by people who are willing to go on national TV and be absurd. It doesn't mean they love them they just love to watch others fall.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    it just might be the highest rated SNL in years. Lorne knows what he's doing.

www.headstonesband.com

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    trump on rand paul -

"& he's vicious, & he's a vicious guy, he's a vicious little guy"

funny
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Moonpig said:
    it seems all sides are not immune to spreading a little comedy in the interest of political propaganda ....AWESOME !!!!!!

Godfather.

a satirical news site and a ridiculously partisan "news" channel like fox are not the same.

sometimes when I read comments about fox news I think that either or are the same as far as some train members believe, but yes I know the difference I was just having a little fun with it.

Godfather.

Moonpig said:

Godfather.

sometimes when I read comments about fox news I think that either or are the same as far as some train members believe, but yes I know the difference I was just having a little fun with it.

Godfather.

when I had cable years ago, and I'd watch that network, and inevitibly I'd end up catching some news if I didn't change the channel quick enough, it just blew me away the nonsense they "reported" on. and this was even back when I thought the GWB going into Iraq post 9/11 was the right move.

www.headstonesband.com

Moonpig said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

when I had cable years ago, and I'd watch that network, and inevitibly I'd end up catching some news if I didn't change the channel quick enough, it just blew me away the nonsense they "reported" on. and this was even back when I thought the GWB going into Iraq post 9/11 was the right move.

I've seen some fox news shows that remind me of SNL ......we o.k then, quite a few....ALOT ! HAHHAHA. so I just change the channel but every now and the I watch fox local news and it aint so bad, most "news shows" are radical extreme in their own way on the left or right so sometimes I just enjoy the comedy of some news caster getting all bent at the other side and spewing his/her own opinions and ideas, sometimes I just gather a little info from several news stations and mix it all up.......what else can ya do ? LOL !

Godfather.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    At least with Fox News you can hear the liberal viewpoint. MSNBC is nothing but liberal Kool-Aid.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616

At least with Fox News you can hear the liberal viewpoint. MSNBC is nothing but liberal Kool-Aid.

All major media is filtered and biased. You won't get much of a clear picture of whats going on from either of those. Maybe The Guardian and a few others lesser knowns, but certainly not Faux or MessyBC
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888

That really doesn't do anyone any good if they're also regularly reporting lies as facts though....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    edited October 2015
    The problem is that people on the TV news think they're super important. After all, they are on TV.

I watched Erin Burnett "Out Front" quite accidentally yesterday on CNN. They were talking about "Breaking News", Donald Trump was about to address a rally in Virginia, (in my book it's not really Breaking News if it's a scheduled event....). I love watching DT talk about how amazing he is and what a substantial and commanding lead he holds in all the poll numbers, so I watched. I knew that nothing substantial, but probably something outrageous, would be said.
    Erin Burnett kept promising that they were going to get to DT's remarks, while she and David Gergen proceeded to talk in split screen about him, over him, while he spoke. At the same time.

Here's some Breaking news...nobody cares what you, or Wolf Blitzer, or Don Lemon, or Anderson Cooper for that matter, think. It's not about "instant analysis", or slant, it's about presenting WHAT's happening, not WHY it's happening. Jesus.

I will never watch CNN again.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • At least with Fox News you can hear the liberal viewpoint. MSNBC is nothing but liberal Kool-Aid.

morning joe is not liberal kool aid.

on msnbc republic party people actually have their own show. not so with fox.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited October 2015

I watch Morning Joe everyday, and then usually fall asleep with MSNBC on in the background at night because I like to listen to people who I disagree with for some reason. I was thinking more about prime time.
  • At least with Fox News you can hear the liberal viewpoint. MSNBC is nothing but liberal Kool-Aid.

I watch Morning Joe everyday, and then usually fall asleep with MSNBC on in the background at night because I like to listen to people who I disagree with for some reason. I was thinking more about prime time.
    prime time doesn't really matter when people start their days watching shit like morning joe.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    TV news is bad....mmkay.
    the only news network I've ever watched that didn't seem partisan was CBC in Canada.

www.headstonesband.com

but...for the most part t.v and interweb is all we got for information and communicating with the world.

Godfather.

prime time doesn't really matter when people start their days watching shit like morning joe.
    MJ is really repetitive now. All Trump all the time. I don't know how the hosts don't shoot themselves talking about the same thing every day.
    In all honesty...I'm just glad we're not looking at this twit everyday.

This discussion has been closed.