Post your stereo system!

1242526272830»

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 23,921
    mrussel1 said:
    Forgot to mention that I do not own a PC.

Should also mention that I have vintage equipment so I don't stream through them, only through my Bose bluetooth speaker or the JBL clip.

I was hoping to delve away from a computer based backup and wanted to use a device like I mentioned above.
    I have vintage as well.  Everything I'm doing is analogue based into the vintage.  However, not having a computer is debilitating, I think.  You're going to end up spending much more than if you just bought a $400 laptop.  
    Yes as can be seen from the hardware I posted.  I might just end up buying it.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,336

Added a bit of a light show. Colors and patterns change with the music. 

I'm a nerd like that. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 17,553
    Looks cool.  So what do you have there?  Is the top one a 2230 and the bottom a 70?  Does the sound signature feel different?
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,336
    edited June 28
    2215b on top and a 2245 below.

The 2215b powers a pair of Klipsch bookshelves with a little help from a Klipsch powered subwoofer. My turntable and CD player are running into it, too.

The 2245 is driving my Cerwin-Vegas. It's only source is the CDP, which is run by way of two AudioQuest splitters. That way, I can run both receivers and all of the speakers from the same source.

The 2215b is a little cleaner and more open sounding, while the 2245 is more warm and full.....the classic "Marantz sound". Together, both receivers and all of the speakers and sub running, the whole spectrum is pretty well covered. 

Sounds good enough that I'm not looking to add or change a thing.
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 23,921
    dudeman said:

Added a bit of a light show. Colors and patterns change with the music. 

I'm a nerd like that. 
    Looks like the Bar Mitzvahs I went to in Middle school...

I kid I kid!