Options

Meanwhile back in Israel

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,014
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,347
    I’m literally sick about these atrocities that happened over the weekend! There’s no winning by anyone just the thought of kids getting murdered it’s got me sick! I need to get away from it all no tv no phone no people just me and nature! I just want to give it all up 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    also el kabong, abookamongstthemany, yosi, rafie, and all the others that posted here years ago. all much more experts on the conflict than any of us that are still here. 
    I don't miss some of them at all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,171
    brianlux said:

I agree with that statement. 
    I would also agree if it said, "It is absolutely and logical to be opposed and deeply troubled by the attacks of the Hamas while simultaneously calling for the protection of innocent Palestinian civilians living in occupied territories as well as Muslims around the world. We can and must always use our voices to denounce terrorism and senseless murder of civilians."

Of course, if there were not religious fanatics and powerful forces all around creating these hostilities, not of this would happen on either side.

That is a statement I can support as well. When I say “go figure” in response earlier , the majority of the US and EU not only view words as “occupation” and “expulsion” as extremist language used by leftists who do not understand why strict security measures are needed. I had hoped that would be obvious Saturday, but I was incorrect.

Bri, it’s not fanaticism, fwiw I am not that religious. My heart goes out to the civilians wanting to live peacefully on both sides. But I have been very familiar with the lies and propaganda emerging from Palestine and amnesty intl in recent years 

Until Palestinian leaders recognize Israel’s right to exist in peace as neighbors , peace seems impossible, as does relinquishing lands in West Bank unfortunately. I hope those that comment here who use extreme wording like “occupation” fully understand that the refusal to acknowledge Israel’s “right to exist” has an unavoidable impact on any solutions that may seem simple to them, but are offensive to many Israeli supporters. I say that always hoping Netanyahu loses and a more peaceful ( left leaning ) solution based leader can defeat him. I hope that is still an option after recent events

the solution will either be peace thru terror, or peace thru negotiation. There are no other realistic alternatives. 
    from what I've read, it's an "open air prison". it's not "strict security measures". 

Palestinian leaders DID recognize Israel's right to exist, and then Israel kept up the occupation, stealing more territory and terrorizing the Palestinians. I haven't once seen you admit that Israel has gone against international laws several times. You don't think this has something to do with the uprising and gaining support of these terrorists?

Provide specifics and evidence. We are referring to Hamas. As I’ve said repeatedly, Israel had multiple peace treaties with the PA and PLO to share the West Bank, which was before Hamas assumed control and violated the agreements. I think you are conflating Gaza with West Bank. The open air prison is Gaza which is not occupied. Israel monitors the borders to prevent importing of weapons. 

How is it possible to occupy land that is run by a terrorist organization? You must know Hamas stated goal is to wipe Israel off the face of the earth? How do you reduce security under those conditions?
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    40 babies and possibly more murdered by hamas. Some of those 40 babies who were murdered were also beheaded. Tell me again how these people want peace and to be “free”.

I haven't seen this verified by any legit news source.  Not saying it didn't happen, but I would hold off declaring it to be so until certain.
    No, I don't think the Hamas want peace, and... 
    40 babies and possibly more murdered by hamas. Some of those 40 babies who were murdered were also beheaded. Tell me again how these people want peace and to be “free”.
    again, don't conflate hamas with the average Palestinian. 
    ...this.

Maybe the 40 babies story is false, but the invasion and the story below are bad enough.

as far as conflating Hamas with the average Palestinian, how is that possible? The threat is Hamas, a militant violent authoritarian group that kills civilians for sport. If hamas lived next to any AMT commenters town, every single one would want their govt to employ  strong security measures. It’d be nice to make peace with the average Palestinian, but how could that work? To used the comparison to Ukraine, the US should stop supporting the Ukrainians because the average Russian is nice and they play good hockey.

‘Murdered in cold blood’: stories emerge of Israelis killed at Gaza border

Friends and relatives say Hamas killed a grandmother, parents protecting their children, and an entire family during raids

• Options
    edited October 2023
    times like this i miss the voices of byrnzie, fuck, and badbrains.

Found some old comments from bynzie, went at length about the horrors suffered by the Australian indigenous population. But then found another about the evils of Israel. I guess it’s selective sympathy, aboriginal peoples in one part of the world get support, but in the mid east the indigenous have zero rights. Sounds borderline racist. Good thing that commenter was banned.

• Options
    Indigenous suggests first in a place, no?

ancient judeans were not that.....

• Options
    brianlux said:

I would also agree if it said, "It is absolutely and logical to be opposed and deeply troubled by the attacks of the Hamas while simultaneously calling for the protection of innocent Palestinian civilians living in occupied territories as well as Muslims around the world. We can and must always use our voices to denounce terrorism and senseless murder of civilians."

Of course, if there were not religious fanatics and powerful forces all around creating these hostilities, not of this would happen on either side.

That is a statement I can support as well. When I say “go figure” in response earlier , the majority of the US and EU not only view words as “occupation” and “expulsion” as extremist language used by leftists who do not understand why strict security measures are needed. I had hoped that would be obvious Saturday, but I was incorrect.

Bri, it’s not fanaticism, fwiw I am not that religious. My heart goes out to the civilians wanting to live peacefully on both sides. But I have been very familiar with the lies and propaganda emerging from Palestine and amnesty intl in recent years 

Until Palestinian leaders recognize Israel’s right to exist in peace as neighbors , peace seems impossible, as does relinquishing lands in West Bank unfortunately. I hope those that comment here who use extreme wording like “occupation” fully understand that the refusal to acknowledge Israel’s “right to exist” has an unavoidable impact on any solutions that may seem simple to them, but are offensive to many Israeli supporters. I say that always hoping Netanyahu loses and a more peaceful ( left leaning ) solution based leader can defeat him. I hope that is still an option after recent events

the solution will either be peace thru terror, or peace thru negotiation. There are no other realistic alternatives. 
    from what I've read, it's an "open air prison". it's not "strict security measures". 

Palestinian leaders DID recognize Israel's right to exist, and then Israel kept up the occupation, stealing more territory and terrorizing the Palestinians. I haven't once seen you admit that Israel has gone against international laws several times. You don't think this has something to do with the uprising and gaining support of these terrorists?

Provide specifics and evidence. We are referring to Hamas. As I’ve said repeatedly, Israel had multiple peace treaties with the PA and PLO to share the West Bank, which was before Hamas assumed control and violated the agreements. I think you are conflating Gaza with West Bank. The open air prison is Gaza which is not occupied. Israel monitors the borders to prevent importing of weapons. 

How is it possible to occupy land that is run by a terrorist organization? You must know Hamas stated goal is to wipe Israel off the face of the earth? How do you reduce security under those conditions?
    “Monitors the border?” That’s all they do? You might want to read up on the Israeli version of “monitor.”

Is the West Bank run by a terrorist organization? Further, how does Israel “occupy” the West Bank? 

Hamas and the average Palestinian within Gaza are not one and the same.

Talk about conflation and the oversimplification of a complex region and conflict. Good lord.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:

“Monitors the border?” That’s all they do? You might want to read up on the Israeli version of “monitor.”

Is the West Bank run by a terrorist organization? Further, how does Israel “occupy” the West Bank? 

Talk about conflation and the oversimplification of a complex region and conflict. Good lord.

Good grief. Their military withdrew from Gaza 15 years ago.They monitor the Gaza border with Egypt to prevent importation of weapons, which obviously did not work.

Let’s blame Israel for having to deal with violent authoritarian leaders and not being able to make peace with the average Palestinian. The double standard applied to Israel in that comment is unreal. Maybe Biden should make peace with nice guys  Ovechkin and Malkin and stop his siege of Ukraine.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Good grief. Their military withdrew from Gaza 15 years ago.They monitor the Gaza border with Egypt to prevent importation of weapons, which obviously did not work.

Let’s blame Israel for having to deal with violent authoritarian leaders and not being able to make peace with the average Palestinian. The double standard applied to Israel in that comment is unreal. Maybe Biden should make peace with nice guys  Ovechkin and Malkin and stop his siege of Ukraine.
    Nice deflection. We’re discussing the Israeli government’s version of “monitoring.” Come back when you understand what their version of “monitoring” is.

Brandon isn’t “sieging” Ukraine.

Let’s blame Israel for occupying the West Bank and East Jerusalem and strictly confining 2M+ people to approximately 140 square miles with approximately half the population under age 18. Got nothing to do with nothing, right?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Where did I do that? If the people of Palestine really want peace, they’d stand up to Hamas much like the people of Iran are doing to their government. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,186

Found some old comments from bynzie, went at length about the horrors suffered by the Australian indigenous population. But then found another about the evils of Israel. I guess it’s selective sympathy, aboriginal peoples in one part of the world get support, but in the mid east the indigenous have zero rights. Sounds borderline racist. Good thing that commenter was banned.

byrnzie would have destroyed you in a debate on this topic. he was the among the most well read on the conflict that i have seen on here in 20 years. he presented article upon article upon article. he debated without emotion. people didn't like his style because he made them think.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,186
    Where did I do that? If the people of Palestine really want peace, they’d stand up to Hamas much like the people of Iran are doing to their government. 
    they would have stood up to hamas, but it is very hard when israel has a blockade and laws about the average palestinian arming themselves.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,898
    I was just thinking about byrnzie today. he, from what I recall, was above everyone else in his expertise. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

byrnzie would have destroyed you in a debate on this topic. he was the among the most well read on the conflict that i have seen on here in 20 years. he presented article upon article upon article. he debated without emotion. people didn't like his style because he made them think.
    100 fucking percent. byrnzie was kind of a dick to me. he was...curt...lol...with people who weren't on his level on this topic. And I get it. He had to keep explaining an re-explaining the same things over and over again. I shut up for some time and just read and listened. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    when you said "tell me again how these people want peace and to be "free"", I honestly wasn't sure if you were talking about all Palestinians or just hamas. my apologies. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

this is where it gets lazy and people get fed up. criticize Israel's GOVERNMENT = anti-Semite. It's so played and dumb. 

he was banned because he got fed up with idiocy. but as gimme said, you should read his comments on it. no disrespect, but compared to him, you don't have a hot clue (none of us do, really). But I read all of his comments. Even while I quietly despised him (LOL) for how to spoke down to people. And he knew what he was talking about. I learned a ton about the conflict and its origins and the bullshit that each side peddles with their own propaganda. especially Israel's. 

and seriously, "the US and Europe agree...". that is the weakest fucking argument a person can make why they are correct on this topic. You ever stop to think why those two regions want/need Israel as an ally???

your claim that jews are indigenous to israel can't be proven. both jews and palestinians claims indigeneity. what is your proof? even this rabbi from New York disagrees with you:

Obviously there is the caveat that there are indigenous people who ARE Jews, but it is not via their Jewishness. There are also Jews who have worked to fight for the rights of indigenous people, but it is not because they are indigenous via their Jewishness. 2/

— Rabbi Andy Kahn (@rabbiandykahn)July 7, 2020

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,795
    I always felt badly that for some reason Byrnzie hated my guts.  I only think of one person here who ever had that level of disdain for me and, thankfully, that person and I had decent closure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,598
    War crimes from both sides..the sad truth..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,550
    edited October 2023
    Byrnzie is active on twitter, and as you would expect, has a lot to say about the current events. 

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Hmmm, I remember a time when calling out BLM as a domestic terrorist organization on this forum made some of y’all’s head spin.   Perhaps some of y’all should bust out your BLM gear in solidarity w/ HAMAS.   Truth hurts, I know….
  • Options
    Shit posting at 4:11 AM local time sounds about right. What a way to live. 

Mahalo. 
  • Options

Mahalo. 
    Will be there in 6 weeks sweetie pie .  Truth hurts 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,878
    Bullshit aside… I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on that BLM post. 
  • Options

Mahalo. 
    Will be there in 6 weeks sweetie pie .  Truth hurts 
    Surfs up baby. 
This discussion has been closed.