Options

Meanwhile back in Israel

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,550
    nicknyr15 said:
    Bullshit aside… I’m wondering what people’s thoughts are on that BLM post. 
    It's f'ing gross. 

I'm not a fan of the all in for Israel approach from the US either... I support Israel's right to exist & protect itself, but I'm against what I understand to be an illegal occupation of Palestinian lands. 

Lastly, fuck Hamas. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,876
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's f'ing gross. 

I'm not a fan of the all in for Israel approach from the US either... I support Israel's right to exist & protect itself, but I'm against what I understand to be an illegal occupation of Palestinian lands. 

Lastly, fuck Hamas. 
    Couldn’t have said it better myself. Thank you. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,004
    nicknyr15 said:
     imagery was a huge fail. completely overshadows their attempt at speaking up for the average Palestinian. they've since drlted it and have issued a statement of regret.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Shit posting at 4:11 AM local time sounds about right. What a way to live. 

Mahalo. 
    Will be there in 6 weeks sweetie pie .  Truth hurts 
    Surfs up baby. 
    Aloha to that.  Can’t wait!!! 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,008
    Hmmm, I remember a time when calling out BLM as a domestic terrorist organization on this forum made some of y’all’s head spin.   Perhaps some of y’all should bust out your BLM gear in solidarity w/ HAMAS.   Truth hurts, I know….
    Hamas is not Palestine....it's a terrorist group
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,876
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:
     imagery was a huge fail. completely overshadows their attempt at speaking up for the average Palestinian. they've since drlted it and have issued a statement of regret.

But how stupid can you be to use that imagery? It seems to be on purpose to be almost antagonistic. Unless they really are that dumb. What do I know. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Exactly...they are pointing out that innocent Palestinians will suffer due to Hamas' actions. I guarantee you that the average Palestinian does not want to be bombed to oblivion because those dipshits carried out a terrorist attack.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Hmmm, I remember a time when calling out BLM as a domestic terrorist organization on this forum made some of y’all’s head spin.   Perhaps some of y’all should bust out your BLM gear in solidarity w/ HAMAS.   Truth hurts, I know….
    No shit!!!  How about a gift article to make your argument 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,004
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

But how stupid can you be to use that imagery? It seems to be on purpose to be almost antagonistic. Unless they really are that dumb. What do I know. 

welp I would say it was emotionally based and that in general not many in the whole of the country are even barely versed in that region and its issues .
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

agreed...really fucking stupid. They have apologized but yeah...really bad optics

• Options
    No shit!!!  How about a gift article to make your argument 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyIuEbQ5O2A

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's f'ing gross. 

Lastly, fuck Hamas. 

nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's f'ing gross. 

Lastly, fuck Hamas. 

Agreed both. 
    I support both the Palestinian and Israeli right to exist, but fuck the Hamas and fuck the faction of Israel that want genocide of Palestinians. 

As for meme.. sigh... of all the issues we've covered here on AMT, why the unnecessary antagonizing, Linda?  Please stop.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,170
    Somehow Linda knew this place was Hamas central, she is smarter than me. Of course the story with 40 babies was a lie because according to AMT, it’s from a shady news source. Well the cnn story below is horrific enough. Yea, AMT. that’s  comparable to checkpoints, limiting social interaction to incur violence, and monitoring borders to identify weapons smuggling.

You cannot say “ignore the fact Palestine refuses Israel’s right to exist “ and its land is occupied. The security measures exist for that fact alone. It goes no further than that despite whatever extremist liberal organizations want you to believe. Any North American would expect those security measures if Hamas and Hezbollah lived next door

It’s unreal the bias here is on a level with maga. The liberal news channels are nothing like this forum, it is stunning. Id be embarrassed frankly if I owned this forum. Every pro israeli point shot down with almost complete ignorance of facts and history. Both sides need to honestly negotiate here, and that comment got attacked repeatedly this week by the pro Hamas contingent.

Blame Israel for Arab extremism and Palestinian violations of signed treaties, yet Israel should exit West Bank, a land they somehow lived peacefully in before the Roman ethnic cleansing and forced relocation for thousands of years , which seems acceptable to this place. Israel having zero rights to their historical land has another name, Arab extremism.

Israel needs a partner to negotiate peace in good faith. Peace needs give and take. Plenty israeli supporters dislike Netanyahu , but with Hamas at its borders it seems easy to visualize why they went so extreme to the right. Any North American would expect those security measure if Hamas and Hezbollah lived next door, worth repeating every word.

Only one commenter on this forum has been discussing peace treaties and the importance of negotiation.

this conflict remains simple. Peace thru negotiations or peace thru terrorism. It is palestines responsibility to be represented by honest leadership willing to work towards peace. Hopefully Egypt and Jordan can assist with that.

From cnn

‘Murdered in cold blood’: stories emerge of Israelis killed at Gaza border

Friends and relatives say Hamas killed a grandmother, parents protecting their children, and an entire  family during raids

As the hours passed, another horrific account emerged from the same kibbutz. Relatives of an as-yet-unnamed woman said their grandmother had been murdered by the militants, who then filmed her dying moments and posted them on her Facebook page.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's f'ing gross. 

Lastly, fuck Hamas. 

nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    It's f'ing gross. 

Lastly, fuck Hamas. 

Agreed both. 
    I support both the Palestinian and Israeli right to exist, but fuck the Hamas and fuck the faction of Israel that want genocide of Palestinians. 

As for meme.. sigh... of all the issues we've covered here on AMT, why the unnecessary antagonizing, Linda?  Please stop.
    Not a meme. Exactly what BLM posted. You. Please stop.
  • Options
    Somehow Linda knew this place was Hamas central, she is smarter than me. Of course the story with 40 babies was a lie because according to AMT, it’s from a shady news source. Well the cnn story below is horrific enough. Yea, AMT. that’s  comparable to checkpoints, limiting social interaction to incur violence, and monitoring borders to identify weapons smuggling.

You cannot say “ignore the fact Palestine refuses Israel’s right to exist “ and its land is occupied. The security measures exist for that fact alone. It goes no further than that despite whatever extremist liberal organizations want you to believe. Any North American would expect those security measures if Hamas and Hezbollah lived next door

It’s unreal the bias here is on a level with maga. The liberal news channels are nothing like this forum, it is stunning. Id be embarrassed frankly if I owned this forum. Every pro israeli point shot down with almost complete ignorance of facts and history. Both sides need to honestly negotiate here, and that comment got attacked repeatedly this week by the pro Hamas contingent.

Blame Israel for Arab extremism and Palestinian violations of signed treaties, yet Israel should exit West Bank, a land they somehow lived peacefully in before the Roman ethnic cleansing and forced relocation for thousands of years , which seems acceptable to this place. Israel having zero rights to their historical land has another name, Arab extremism.

Israel needs a partner to negotiate peace in good faith. Peace needs give and take. Plenty israeli supporters dislike Netanyahu , but with Hamas at its borders it seems easy to visualize why they went so extreme to the right. Any North American would expect those security measure if Hamas and Hezbollah lived next door, worth repeating every word.

Only one commenter on this forum has been discussing peace treaties and the importance of negotiation.

this conflict remains simple. Peace thru negotiations or peace thru terrorism. It is palestines responsibility to be represented by honest leadership willing to work towards peace. Hopefully Egypt and Jordan can assist with that.

From cnn

Friends and relatives say Hamas killed a grandmother, parents protecting their children, and an entire  family during raids

As the hours passed, another horrific account emerged from the same kibbutz. Relatives of an as-yet-unnamed woman said their grandmother had been murdered by the militants, who then filmed her dying moments and posted them on her Facebook page.
    I really don't get where your outrage is coming from. No one on here is supporting what Hamas did/is doing.

• Options
    Time to ignore some people here until they get a grip.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

Mahalo. 

Fax does it too, lol.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I posted a link to that and got crickets.  Linda does it though? whoo boy!
  • Options

From cnn

I really don't get where your outrage is coming from. No one on here is supporting what Hamas did/is doing.

Below is a factually incorrect comment of yours. Free Palestine is a cry of their people, from the river to the sea. That is what created this mess. that is an irrefutable fact.

I can't say I'm 100% up on the history of the conflict but I know that Israel basically took a bunch of land from Palestine upon the failure of the attack in 1948. Repelling the attack was absolutely justified but taking the land that they had has created this mess. Just give it the fuck back and give them access to the…
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,550

Mahalo. 

Fax does it too, lol.
    True, but in fairness, Fax on occasion brings some good points to the table as opposed to outright trolling 100% of the time. 
  • Options

From cnn

Below is a factually incorrect comment of yours. Free Palestine is a cry of their people, from the river to the sea. That is what created this mess. that is an irrefutable fact.

I can't say I'm 100% up on the history of the conflict but I know that Israel basically took a bunch of land from Palestine upon the failure of the attack in 1948. Repelling the attack was absolutely justified but taking the land that they had has created this mess. Just give it the fuck back and give them access to the…
    That isn't a statement that supports Hamas.

It's also not factually incorrect.

https://www.un.org/unispal/history/#:~:text=One of the two envisaged,population fled or were expelled.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,711
    Palestine managed to burn down much of its good will for me personally.  Israel's right wing govt may have laid the seeds for the attack,  but only Hamas is responsible for their actions.  Their crimes are no different than Russia's on the Ukrainian people. 
  • Options

Our need for instant news is dangerous

• Options
    Sounds like Hezbollah is now involved. Unreal.

• Options

From cnn

https://www.un.org/unispal/history/#:~:text=One of the two envisaged,population fled or were expelled.

I am not sure you are addressing the river to the sea comment. That is the simplest problem both sides face.

we can go back and forth, both sides are right and wrong in cases of war. But peace cannot happen until both sides start off by recognizing the other,  and land cannot be peacefully shared until both sides want peace thru negotiation. To ignore one sides historical claims here, which was fully supported by the 1917 land owners, is just a horrific extreme position, which is spouted endlessly on this forum.

So I’ll play along, now go back to 1917 and tell me the then land owners position was of this territory. And let’s forgive their 30 year delay with two world wars they had to fight off in their homeland and hitlers bombshell.
  • Options

• Options

Mahalo. 

Fax does it too, lol.
    “Nothing is being done.”

I can shit post during the day too, like you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2023

From cnn

I am not sure you are addressing the river to the sea comment. That is the simplest problem both sides face.

we can go back and forth, both sides are right and wrong in cases of war. But peace cannot happen until both sides start off by recognizing the other,  and land cannot be peacefully shared until both sides want peace thru negotiation. To ignore one sides historical claims here, which was fully supported by the 1917 land owners, is just a horrific extreme position, which is spouted endlessly on this forum.

So I’ll play along, now go back to 1917 and tell me the then land owners position was of this territory. And let’s forgive their 30 year delay with two world wars they had to fight off in their homeland and hitlers bombshell.
    we agree that this shouldn't be happening right now...that's what is important

And it's getting much worse now that the northern border is splitting Israel's defense

My guess is that some US airstrikes are imminent

• Options

Mahalo. 

Fax does it too, lol.
    “Nothing is being done.”

I can shit post during the day too, like you.
    lol, got em ruffled over "nothing"... And yes, you're right.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Palestine managed to burn down much of its good will for me personally.  Israel's right wing govt may have laid the seeds for the attack,  but only Hamas is responsible for their actions.  Their crimes are no different than Russia's on the Ukrainian people. 

Right.  
    Russia's crimes against Ukraine are terrible, but that doesn't mean we should hate all Russians.  If the Ukraine retaliated and killed innocent Russians including children, most of us would not write that off as "collateral damage".  That's what I've been reading in places (not so much here) about the Israeli response to the attack by the Hamas.  Some are even calling for the annihilation of all Palestinians.  And if someone like me says they are opposed to the killing of innocent Palestinians, some people are implying or actually saying that that means someone opposing those killings is pro Hamas which is absolutely so much bullshit. 
    Too often people let their emotions interfere with their reading comprehension and then things really spiral out of hand.

This discussion has been closed.