Options

Meanwhile back in Israel

Comments

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

Also most the buildings in the picture seem to be roughly the same common design with just the tie beams,floors and support columns being solid.

You think that was the work of one bomb?
    Loaded question.One bomb could absolutely do the close up damage(complete flat adjacent building) depending on how big it was,but it actually looks more like an area that had multiple bombs/Missles/mortars at different times.Its more the "War zone" look then it is like the leveling of widespread carpet bombing.It looks like targeted hell fire missile strikes. That is apparent based on the standing buildings all around the demolished structures.Also it appears that some bobcat or loader clearing has been done.Maybe to clear debris from roadway. So you really can't see how those buildings came down.But those buildings that have the majority of the debris gone look to be older damage.
  • Options
    ^^^^

I'm not trying to set you up for anything. I wanted to know what you thought.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Your always solid.I didn't think you were.Cheers buddy!
  • Options
    The third Intifada continues:
    Saturday, October 3:
    Rabbi Nehemia Lavi, 41, and Aharon Banita Bennett, 21, were murdered in a stabbing attack in Jerusalem's Old City. Bennett, along with his wife and two-year-old son, were attacked by the terrorist; his wife was seriously wounded and the child lightly wounded. Rabbi Lavi, a father of seven, went out of his home with his gun to try and save Bennett and his family, but the terrorist stabbed him and took his weapon. Arab onlookers laughed, spat and kicked Bennett's wife, who had a knife stuck in her shoulder and tried to get help.

A 15-year-old Jewish teen was stabbed at a gas station near the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem’s Old City. He was listed in moderate-to-serious condition after being stabbed in the upper body. The attacker who fled the scene was shot dead by security forces.

Sunday, October 4:
    Shortly after 11:00 PM, two rockets were fired from Gaza towards Israel. The first one missed the target and exploded on the Gazan side of the border. A second rocket exploded in an open area of the Eshkol Regional Council. There were no physical injuries or damages.

A terrorist threw a firebomb at security forces at the Tomb of Rachel outside Bethlehem. A Border Guard officer was injured in that attack.

Tuesday, October 6:
    A 16-month-old baby was lightly wounded when Arab terrorists threw rocks at a car on Highway 60 near Ma'ale Levona in Samaria. Both she and her mother, 32, were brought a local hospital for treatment, though both are stable and fully conscious.

Wednesday, October 7
    A female Arab terrorist stabbed and moderately wounded a Jewish man, aged 36, at the Lion's Gate in the Old City, on the eastern side of the Temple Mount. The man shot the terrorist, who is in serious condition. The stabber sneaked up from behind the man and stabbed him near the neck. He turned around and shot her in self defense. She tried to run away but nearby Border Police gave chase, pounced on her and neutralized her.

An Arab mob ambushed a female Jewish motorist with rocks, then proceeded to kick her and try and wrest her from the car. The woman, 38-year-old Tekoa resident Rivi Lev-Ohayon, was left wounded by rocks and kicks to her entire body, but managed to escape after other Jewish motorists intervened, with one allegedly shooting and injuring one of her attackers.

An Arab terrorist stabbed an IDF soldier and tried to steal his gun in Kiryat Gat. The Arab terrorist arrived in Kiryat Gat on a bus, spotted the soldier and stole his weapon. The soldier fought to regain his gun, at which point he was stabbed in his head. He suffered moderate injuries. Police reached the scene within minutes, and rushed into a building to which the terrorist had escaped. They opened fire and eliminated him after he fired at them.

An Arab terrorist injured at least one person in a knife attack on passersby outside Petah Tikvah's central mall close to Beilinson Hospital. The attacker drew his knife and ran towards a crowd of civilians as he and his victim left the city's #1 bus, and succeeded in stabbing at least one of them before security guards opened fire in his direction, and succeeded in overpowering him.

Thursday, October 8:
    A female soldier and four civilians were stabbed and lightly wounded by a terrorist in central Tel Aviv's Begin Street. An Air Force soldier and policemen who were at the scene chased after the terrorist to nearby Mozes street, where they shot and killed him. Magen David Adom teams evacuated the soldier, 20, to hospital, along with a woman aged about 60, a man aged about 40 and another woman aged about 40. They are all conscious and were stabbed in the upper body. A fifth victim was also reported.

An Arab terrorist stabbed a 25-year-old Jewish man in Kiryat Arba, in Judea. The victim was seriously wounded with stab wounds to his back, in an attack that took place at the western gate of the town, which opens on to the Arab majority city of Hevron. Medical teams began treating the victim, who apparently is a resident of Kiryat Arba, and after initial treatment, they evacuated him to Shaare Tzedek Hospital in Jerusalem.

Earlier, a 25-year-old yeshiva student was seriously injured and another man lightly injured in a terror attack at the Jerusalem Light Rail station in front of national police headquarters near Ammunition Hill. Magen David Adom teams on scene at Haim Bar Lev Road treated the seriously injured man and brought him to Shaare Zedek Medical Center, where he arrived in critical condition, was subsequently sedated and was breathing through a respirator.

An initial police investigation revealed the terrorist, 19-year-old Subhi Abu Halifa from Shuafat in eastern Jerusalem, approached the Light Rail station, stabbed the haredi student in the neck with a knife and tried to escape. As he fled, Abu Halifa passed a light rail guard, who he attacked in an attempt to steal his weapon. Police SWAT forces chased after the terrorist, arresting him with the assistance of police reinforcements on the scene.

A Jewish man in his twenties was stabbed and moderately wounded in an Arab terror attack in the northern city of Afula. The young victim was attacked on Arlozorov Street.

Magen David Adom (MDA) and United Hatzalah crews were called to the scene and provided medical treatment, afterwards evacuating him to Haemek Hospital in the city. Initial reports indicate that the terrorist was apprehended by civilians who happened to be passing by at the time, and then arrested by police.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,949
    Then get the fuck out of occupied territory. No brainer.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

See, that's the kind of response I expected around here. Here's the issues with this response as I see them:

1) Many of these attacks occurred inside Israel proper and not to "settlers" or in the occupied territories. We are talking about people, teenagers, children, walking around Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and getting stabbed in the back and in the neck.

2) Many of the attackers are Israeli Arabs. They are not under occupation.

3) Arab terror attacks began long before the 1967 war. The oft repeated trope that terrorism is due to "the occupation" is a tired one. Why did Arabs riot and murder Jewish students in Hebron in 1929? Was it the occupation? What of the thousands of attacks between 1948 and 1967? The PLO and Arab terrorism in Israel both predate the occupation.

4) The glorification of terror is sickening. The PA has praised these attacks, including the murder of two parents as their four children watched terrified in the back seat. These attacks began after Abbas's speech at the UN and have been encouraged by PA and Fatah leaders. The attackers are celebrated as martyrs and their families are paid handsomely by the PA and Hamas.

Yeah, must be the occupation.

• Options

mickeyrat said:

See, that's the kind of response I expected around here. Here's the issues with this response as I see them:

1) Many of these attacks occurred inside Israel proper and not to "settlers" or in the occupied territories. We are talking about people, teenagers, children, walking around Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and getting stabbed in the back and in the neck.

3) Arab terror attacks began long before the 1967 war. The oft repeated trope that terrorism is due to "the occupation" is a tired one. Why did Arabs riot and murder Jewish students in Hebron in 1929? Was it the occupation? What of the thousands of attacks between 1948 and 1967? The PLO and Arab terrorism in Israel both predate the occupation.

4) The glorification of terror is sickening. The PA has praised these attacks, including the murder of two parents as their four children watched terrified in the back seat. These attacks began after Abbas's speech at the UN and have been encouraged by PA and Fatah leaders. The attackers are celebrated as martyrs and their families are paid handsomely by the PA and Hamas.

They charge the killers who burned that family yet?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

If they found out who it was, they sure as hell would. There is zero tolerance for that in a free and just society. It's pretty cynical and completely unjustified to suggest otherwise without any evidence.

You are also taking a clearly isolated event that was roundly condemned by virtually all of Israeli society and comparing it to widespread and systemic violence and hundreds of attacks over just one week. Meanwhile, PA leadership celebrates baby killers. Your moral equivalence is disturbing.
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

If they found out who it was, they sure as hell would. There is zero tolerance for that in a free and just society. It's pretty cynical and completely unjustified to suggest otherwise without any evidence.

You are also taking a clearly isolated event that was roundly condemned by virtually all of Israeli society and comparing it to widespread and systemic violence and hundreds of attacks over just one week. Meanwhile, PA leadership celebrates baby killers. Your moral equivalence is disturbing.
    Eh, eye for an eye and all that. They wan5 to make it a religious oriented atate then their biblical rules apply.

My suggestion is for law enforcement over there to apply the law equally and with the same zeal as they appear to apply to palestinians.

Until that occurs and other JUST changes are made to the situation I frankly dont want one goddamned red cent of the tax dollars I pay to fund the slow genocide. They cant play victim when its they who foment violence from the State and general Israeli population..

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

Eh, eye for an eye and all that. They wan5 to make it a religious oriented atate then their biblical rules apply.

My suggestion is for law enforcement over there to apply the law equally and with the same zeal as they appear to apply to palestinians.

Until that occurs and other JUST changes are made to the situation I frankly dont want one goddamned red cent of the tax dollars I pay to fund the slow genocide. They cant play victim when its they who foment violence from the State and general Israeli population..
    Right, they foment the violence. That is almost laughable since it exactly describes the Palestinian leadership and their entire school system which glorifies martyrdom and murder. Like I said, the Palestinian violence towards Jews and Israelies has been going on for longer than the State of Israel of the occupation ever came to be. This isn't about an eye for eye. It's about security and the right to live without worrying that a kid will stab you in the neck while you are at the mall. Your rhetoric is laughable. "Slow genocide"? Typically, populations undergoing a genocide have a decrease in population. The population of Gaza has meanwhile increased by 687,000 people between 2000 and 2013. The same numbers apply in the West Bank. As soon as the Palestinians and Israel's neighbors decide that Israel has a right to exist, then Israel will no longer need the US military support. Until then, they have every right to defend themselves and are lucky that US leadership has a clearer moral compass than you do.

• Options

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

Right, they foment the violence. That is almost laughable since it exactly describes the Palestinian leadership and their entire school system which glorifies martyrdom and murder. Like I said, the Palestinian violence towards Jews and Israelies has been going on for longer than the State of Israel of the occupation ever came to be. This isn't about an eye for eye. It's about security and the right to live without worrying that a kid will stab you in the neck while you are at the mall. Your rhetoric is laughable. "Slow genocide"? Typically, populations undergoing a genocide have a decrease in population. The population of Gaza has meanwhile increased by 687,000 people between 2000 and 2013. The same numbers apply in the West Bank. As soon as the Palestinians and Israel's neighbors decide that Israel has a right to exist, then Israel will no longer need the US military support. Until then, they have every right to defend themselves and are lucky that US leadership has a clearer moral compass than you do.

Not true. The introduction of zionism is the cause.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

Not true. The introduction of zionism is the cause.
    Right. Now it's Zionism. First, do you even know what Zionism means? How many attacks took place on Jews who had been in Israel for centuries before Zionism even became a thought? Talk about blaming the victim. Yes, it's the fault of those Zionist Joooos.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited October 2015
    Well, well, well, not so one sided after all

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/palestinian-lives-dont-matter-us-media

The race riots continued into early Sunday morning, with a mob of rightwing Jews chasing 19-year-old Fadi Alloun, shouting to Israeli police, “Shoot him! He’s a terrorist! Shoot him!” and “Don’t wait! Shoot him!”

The police obliged, firing several gunshots. Alloun, unarmed and visibly terrified, was executed on the spot and the racist crowd rejoiced in celebration, cheering, “Yes! Yes! Son of a bitch!” and “Wow!” and “He’s an Arab!” and “Death to the Arabs!”

Israeli officials quickly justified the killing by claiming without a shred of proof that Alloun was shot after stabbing a 15-year-old Israeli boy.

Despite publicly available videos showing Alloun being shot in cold blood while posing no threat and despite Israel offering no evidence to corroborate the accusation that he stabbed an Israeli, US media outlets accepted Israel’s version of events as fact.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options

The third Intifada continues:
    Saturday, October 3:
    Rabbi Nehemia Lavi, 41, and Aharon Banita Bennett, 21, were murdered in a stabbing attack in Jerusalem's Old City. Bennett, along with his wife and two-year-old son, were attacked by the terrorist; his wife was seriously wounded and the child lightly wounded. Rabbi Lavi, a father of seven, went out of his home with his gun to try and save Bennett and his family, but the terrorist stabbed him and took his weapon. Arab onlookers laughed, spat and kicked Bennett's wife, who had a knife stuck in her shoulder and tried to get help.

A 15-year-old Jewish teen was stabbed at a gas station near the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem’s Old City. He was listed in moderate-to-serious condition after being stabbed in the upper body. The attacker who fled the scene was shot dead by security forces.

Sunday, October 4:
    Shortly after 11:00 PM, two rockets were fired from Gaza towards Israel. The first one missed the target and exploded on the Gazan side of the border. A second rocket exploded in an open area of the Eshkol Regional Council. There were no physical injuries or damages.

A terrorist threw a firebomb at security forces at the Tomb of Rachel outside Bethlehem. A Border Guard officer was injured in that attack.

Tuesday, October 6:
    A 16-month-old baby was lightly wounded when Arab terrorists threw rocks at a car on Highway 60 near Ma'ale Levona in Samaria. Both she and her mother, 32, were brought a local hospital for treatment, though both are stable and fully conscious.

Wednesday, October 7
    A female Arab terrorist stabbed and moderately wounded a Jewish man, aged 36, at the Lion's Gate in the Old City, on the eastern side of the Temple Mount. The man shot the terrorist, who is in serious condition. The stabber sneaked up from behind the man and stabbed him near the neck. He turned around and shot her in self defense. She tried to run away but nearby Border Police gave chase, pounced on her and neutralized her.

An Arab mob ambushed a female Jewish motorist with rocks, then proceeded to kick her and try and wrest her from the car. The woman, 38-year-old Tekoa resident Rivi Lev-Ohayon, was left wounded by rocks and kicks to her entire body, but managed to escape after other Jewish motorists intervened, with one allegedly shooting and injuring one of her attackers.

An Arab terrorist stabbed an IDF soldier and tried to steal his gun in Kiryat Gat. The Arab terrorist arrived in Kiryat Gat on a bus, spotted the soldier and stole his weapon. The soldier fought to regain his gun, at which point he was stabbed in his head. He suffered moderate injuries. Police reached the scene within minutes, and rushed into a building to which the terrorist had escaped. They opened fire and eliminated him after he fired at them.

An Arab terrorist injured at least one person in a knife attack on passersby outside Petah Tikvah's central mall close to Beilinson Hospital. The attacker drew his knife and ran towards a crowd of civilians as he and his victim left the city's #1 bus, and succeeded in stabbing at least one of them before security guards opened fire in his direction, and succeeded in overpowering him.

Thursday, October 8:
    A female soldier and four civilians were stabbed and lightly wounded by a terrorist in central Tel Aviv's Begin Street. An Air Force soldier and policemen who were at the scene chased after the terrorist to nearby Mozes street, where they shot and killed him. Magen David Adom teams evacuated the soldier, 20, to hospital, along with a woman aged about 60, a man aged about 40 and another woman aged about 40. They are all conscious and were stabbed in the upper body. A fifth victim was also reported.

An Arab terrorist stabbed a 25-year-old Jewish man in Kiryat Arba, in Judea. The victim was seriously wounded with stab wounds to his back, in an attack that took place at the western gate of the town, which opens on to the Arab majority city of Hevron. Medical teams began treating the victim, who apparently is a resident of Kiryat Arba, and after initial treatment, they evacuated him to Shaare Tzedek Hospital in Jerusalem.

Earlier, a 25-year-old yeshiva student was seriously injured and another man lightly injured in a terror attack at the Jerusalem Light Rail station in front of national police headquarters near Ammunition Hill. Magen David Adom teams on scene at Haim Bar Lev Road treated the seriously injured man and brought him to Shaare Zedek Medical Center, where he arrived in critical condition, was subsequently sedated and was breathing through a respirator.

An initial police investigation revealed the terrorist, 19-year-old Subhi Abu Halifa from Shuafat in eastern Jerusalem, approached the Light Rail station, stabbed the haredi student in the neck with a knife and tried to escape. As he fled, Abu Halifa passed a light rail guard, who he attacked in an attempt to steal his weapon. Police SWAT forces chased after the terrorist, arresting him with the assistance of police reinforcements on the scene.

A Jewish man in his twenties was stabbed and moderately wounded in an Arab terror attack in the northern city of Afula. The young victim was attacked on Arlozorov Street.

Magen David Adom (MDA) and United Hatzalah crews were called to the scene and provided medical treatment, afterwards evacuating him to Haemek Hospital in the city. Initial reports indicate that the terrorist was apprehended by civilians who happened to be passing by at the time, and then arrested by police.

And you have the audacity to say the since the media ISNT covering this. You're right, they ARENT covering this:

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/rania-khalek/palestinian-lives-dont-matter-us-media
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015

badbrains said:

I'm just telling you what I read. Had the breakdown. You think it's impossible but when you fly 24/7 for 50 days straight, it's possible

I understand what you read.
    A million bombs dropped on the gaza strip?
    That is quite the feat.
    Let him find the article and take pause.

I'm not dismissing anything right at this point. The picture Gimmie offered is pretty damning.
    One bomb can do that damage in the pic posted.
    A million bombs there would be no one left to take pics.
    Shake your head thirty.
    Are you out of your mind?

Did you see the photo? The place was levelled. It took a lot more than one bomb... making no mention of the fact that the devastation was as far as the camera eye could see.
    badbrains said:

Despite publicly available videos showing Alloun being shot in cold blood while posing no threat and despite Israel offering no evidence to corroborate the accusation that he stabbed an Israeli, US media outlets accepted Israel’s version of events as fact.

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,182
    why doesn't israel do something useful like, say, have netanyahu go before the un and stare down the whole council. i am sure that will help.

oh wait he did that last week. he stared them down for 45 seconds. and then the world laughed at him.

netanyahu is israel's greatest problem.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

and THANK YOU!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

• Options
    Don't like the article I posted above? Maybe this ones better:

http://www.ha-makom.co.il/post/hamaha-manhunt-english

Human hunting in Jerusalem: demonstrators asked bystanders what time is it, in search of an Arab accent
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Well, well, well, not so one sided after all

The race riots continued into early Sunday morning, with a mob of rightwing Jews chasing 19-year-old Fadi Alloun, shouting to Israeli police, “Shoot him! He’s a terrorist! Shoot him!” and “Don’t wait! Shoot him!”

The police obliged, firing several gunshots. Alloun, unarmed and visibly terrified, was executed on the spot and the racist crowd rejoiced in celebration, cheering, “Yes! Yes! Son of a bitch!” and “Wow!” and “He’s an Arab!” and “Death to the Arabs!”

Israeli officials quickly justified the killing by claiming without a shred of proof that Alloun was shot after stabbing a 15-year-old Israeli boy.

I can't believe you still believe Electronic Intifada is a real source. They lie daily. This one isn't even close.

Your innocent child Fadi Alloun had just stabbed a 15 year old boy. Earlier in the day he had written on his Facebook page "Either martyrdom or victory.” Sounds like an innocent and charming young man.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/jerusalem-back-on-the-brink-israeli-palestinian-tensions-high-after-knife-attack-leaves-two-dead-a6679476.html
  • Options
    Question?

Is it at all possible to have a mediator and sit the Palestine and Israelis and draw a line in the sand and say "you both have to live together and this is your area and this is yours"?
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015

Question?

Is it at all possible to have a mediator and sit the Palestine and Israelis and draw a line in the sand and say "you both have to live together and this is your area and this is yours"?

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

Question?

Ask Bill Clinton how that went. There was a chance.
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Peace/ClintonMyLife.html
  • Options
    First suicide bomber of the Third Intifada.
    http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/201690#.VhnzPHozhBc
  • Options
    Ya, because your sources are so kosher. You seem to omit the violence the Israelis are doing at this very moment. Why is that?
  • Options

Question?

Ask bill Clinton? Why not ask a Palestinian? Isn't it them who are seeking to have some form of a decent life? Of course not, they're stabbing and murdring Israeli citizens. Amazing how all this is happening and no response from the Israeli army. Yet Last year we had the response we did because Israel claimed Hamas killed those 3 students. Amazing how that works.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Ya, because your sources are so kosher. You seem to omit the violence the Israelis are doing at this very moment. Why is that?

What violence exactly? Which 15 year old Israeli children are going and stabbing people in the mall? Which Israeli mothers are driving bombs into crowded areas? As for my sources, which one were you not happy with? The spin on this latest Palestinian escalation has been sickening to watch.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Question?

Ask bill Clinton? Why not ask a Palestinian? Isn't it them who are seeking to have some form of a decent life? Of course not, they're stabbing and murdring Israeli citizens. Amazing how all this is happening and no response from the Israeli army. Yet Last year we had the response we did because Israel claimed Hamas killed those 3 students. Amazing how that works.
    No, we had the response we had last summer because Hamas launched thousands of rockets towards Israel and was then also found to have an intricate tunnel system into Israel (NOT the West Bank) designed to carry out attacks on civilians.
  • Options
    Yes, let's ask Palestinians. Unfortunately, an entire generation of Palestinians have been brainwashed and programmed to hate. I am losing hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4h2q33BqhM
  • Options

Yes, let's ask Palestinians. Unfortunately, an entire generation of Palestinians have been brainwashed and programmed to hate. I am losing hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4h2q33BqhM

Must really suck when "your" own soldiers start to speak out and up. Must REALLY suck that the world is waking up to this brutal occupation:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.656177?v=A91E7A6B660A5E15ABA953A4849992E3
This discussion has been closed.