• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015

mickeyrat said:
    when all else fails, rewrite history.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    edited October 2015

hitler was pretty much an atheist.

Brainwashed by a muslim. According to Netanyahu

edit - I don't do wiki
  • Options

hitler was pretty much an atheist.

Brainwashed by a muslim. According to Netanyahu

edit - I don't do wiki
    at this point, netanyahu is going to say anything to gain international support. even if it is outright lying, as in this case.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    the funny thing is merkel completely owned it and stated that this was all germany and it was not influenced by anybody but high ranking nazis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/world/middleeast/netanyahu-saying-palestinian-mufti-inspired-holocaust-draws-broad-criticism.html?_r=0

• Options
    I think Bibi may have overstated when he said it was the Mufti's idea, but the Mufti was extremely influential and involved in Nazi ideology and in broadcasting antisemitism across the Middle East through his radio addresses. Bibi's comments are not as insane as everyone here would like to believe.

From Arutz Sheva:

Middle East Forum scholar Dr. Wolfgang Schwanitz has backed Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Wednesday night, after the premier was heavily criticized for stating that Mufti Hajj Amin Al Husseini convinced Adolf Hitler to annihilate the Jews during World War II.

“It is a historical fact that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem al-Hajj Amin al-Husaini was an accomplice whose collaboration with Adolf Hitler played an important role in the Holocaust," Schwanitz stated. "He was the foremost extra-European adviser in the process to destroy the Jews of Europe.”

Schwanitz noted the Mufti's role in his book, Nazis, Islamists, and the Making of the Modern Middle East, in which he contended that Hitler's orders to prepare for the Holocaust directly followed a meeting between the two.

Husseini additionally noted that “since any European Jews let out of Europe might later go to Palestine, al-Husaini made it clear that if Hitler wanted Muslims and Arabs as allies he must close Europe’s exits to Jews."

"At the same time, al-Husaini and Arab rulers also told Britain that if it wanted to keep Arabs and Muslims from being enemies, it must close entrance to Palestine to all Jews. By succeeding on both fronts, al-Husaini contributed to the Holocaust doubly, directly, and from the start.”

"Hitler did not want to annihilate the Jews at the time," Netanyahu asserted in a speech Tuesday at the World Zionist Congress. "He wanted to expel them. And Hajj Amin al-Husseini went to him and said – 'if you expel them, they will all come here.' 'So what shall I do with them?', Hitler asked, and Husseini answered – 'burn them.'"

Netanyahu's remarks were widely criticized by MKs in the opposition, who accused him of not only distorting history, but also exploiting the Holocaust to incite against the Palestinians.

Realizing the extent of the backlash, Netanyahu doubled down on his claim Wednesday, stating that accusations by leftist politicians that he had absolved Hitler from blame for the Holocaust, were "absurd."

"I had no intention of exonerating Hitler from his diabolical responsibility for the extermination of European Jews," Netanyahu told reporters before flying to Germany. "Hitler is responsible for the Final Solution for annihilating the Six Millions; he made the decision.

"By the same token," he argued, "it is absurd to ignore the role that the Mufti Hajj Amin al-Husseini, a war criminal, played in encouraging Hitler, Ribbentrop, Himmler and others, to annihilate the Jews of Europe."
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,876
    A war criminal that was never charged or gone after by mossad? Interesting.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

"may have overstated"? lulz....
    It was not simply overstating to say he gave them the idea - it is an utter fabrication that seeks to blame Palestinians for the holocaust, and in the process, whitewashes Hitler's role in 'the final solution'. You should be ashamed of Bibi, not doing damage control and trying to find ways to weasel a shred of truth out of his bullshit. But then, that's what Israel's apologists do, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/10/21/netanyahu-says-palestinian-gave-hitler-idea-for-the-holocaust/?tid=sm_tw

Isaac Herzog, the leader of the opposition in the Israeli parliament, wrote: “This is a dangerous historical distortion and I demand Netanyahu correct it immediately as it minimizes the Holocaust, Nazism and … Hitler's part in our people's terrible disaster."

Herzog pointed out that the Holocaust had already begun by the time the Grand Mufti met Hitler in November 1941. Zionist Union parliamentarian Itzik Shmuli demanded Netanyahu apologize to Holocaust victims, according to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz.

"This is a great shame, a prime minister of the Jewish State at the service of Holocaust-deniers — this is a first," Shmuli said. "This isn't the first time Netanyahu distorts historical facts, but a lie of this magnitude is the first."
    "Perhaps we should exhume the corpses of the 33,771 Jews murdered in Babi Yar in September 1941, two months before the Mufti and Hitler met, and bring them up to speed on the fact that the Nazis had no intention of destroying them," Galon wrote.

• Options
    In typical fashion, we see Netanyahu rewriting history by placing blame on Palestinians and absolving his ideological forefathers of any wrong doing. Which is comical, considering the zionist movement did exactly what your article claims the Palestinians did....blocked escape routes for jews and used antisemitism and the holocaust to their political advantage:

Zionists found common cause with Hitler, Eichmann, and the Nazis and used anti-Semitism and Nazism as a means of achieving their end which was the establishment of a Jewish state. The two reactionary movements shared the view that German Jews were living in that country as a ‘foreign race’ and that the racial divide was essential to maintain. The Zionists’ use of Nazism involved, among other things, the blocking of avenues of escape to other countries of Europe’s Jews and diverting them to Palestine, even as the death trains began to roll in Europe. The rise of Nazism and Hitler to power was never, or almost never, opposed by the Zionists prior to the establishment of Israel.

Thus, in an article by Siegfried Moses, which appeared in the Rundschau, the official newspaper of the German Zionist Federation, and later, its head, stated:

… it is true that the defense against anti-Semitism is not our main task, it does not concern us to the same extent and is not of the same importance for us as is the work for Palestine …6

In 1934, Stephen Wise, head of the American Jewish Congress said:

… I cannot be indifferent to the Galuth [the Jewish diaspora living outside of Palestine] … if I had to choose between Eretz Israel and its upbuilding and the defense of the Galuth, I would say that then the Galuth must perish.7

the Zionist project was initiated at least by the time of Herzl’s Der Judenstaat of 1896 and his founding of the World Zionist Congress a year later, and well before the Nazi ascension to power in the 1930s, the Zionists were little concerned with the slaughter of Jews in Europe and almost exclusively focused on building a state in Palestine.

A proposal by the British, in the aftermath of Kristallnacht, of November 1938, that Britain admit a thousand children directly into Britain was sternly opposed by Ben Gurion who told a meeting of the Labor Zionist in December:

If I knew that it would be possible to save all the children in Germany by bringing them over to England, and only half of them by transferring them to Eretz Israel, then I would opt for the second alternative. For we must weigh not only the life of these children, but also the history of the People of Israel.13
    Reports of atrocities and mass murders in the Ukraine began arriving in the west in 1941. In January 1942, the Soviets issued a report of the working of the Einsatzgruppen, or the SS, and in May of that year, the Bund, the Jewish Workers Union of Poland and Russia, which was anti-Zionist, sent London a radio message that 700,000 people, most Jews, were exterminated in Poland. This message was repeated on the BBC two months later.

In April, even before the Bund broadcast, Moshe Shertok, later to become Israel’s second Prime Minister, wrote to British General and commander of the British Eight Army in North Africa:

The destruction of the Jewish race is a fundamental tenet of the Nazi doctrine. The authoritative reports recently published show that that policy is being carried out with a ruthlessness which defies description … An even swifter destruction, it must be feared, would overtake the Jews of Palestine.16

The focus here is on the hypothetical Nazi attack on Palestine, not on the slaughter actually taking place in Europe, but based, nonetheless, on Shertok’s understanding that such a slaughter was, in fact, taking place.

Despite the amply sufficient reports of massacres and exterminations, essentially nothing at all was done by the Zionist organizations, and reports of atrocities were consistently minimized.

Dov Joseph, acting director of the Jewish Agency’s Political Department cautioned:

… against publishing data exaggerating the number of Jewish victim, for if we announce that millions of Jews have been slaughtered by the Nazis, we will justifiably be asked where the millions of Jews are, for whom we claim that we shall need to provide a home in Eretz Israel after the war ends.17

Yitzhak Gruenbaum, leader of the Jewish Agency’s Vaad Hazalah (Rescue Committee) who, in 1942 also believed the reports of atrocities taking place in Europe were exaggerated, offers a defense in his post war book, Bi-mei Hurban ve Sho’ah (In the Days of Holocaust and Destruction):

I want to destroy this assumption [that the Zionist leadership was to blame that it did not do everything possible to help the European Jews] in order to take out people from the occupied countries … it would be necessary for the neutral countries to provide refuge, that the warring nations open their gates to the refugees. …

How is it possible that in a meeting in Yerushalayim people will call: “If you don’t have enough money you should take it from Keren Hayesod [the Palestine Foundation Fund], you should take the money from the bank, there is money there.” I thought it obligatory to stand before this wave … .

And this time in Eretz Yisrael, there are comments: “Don’t put Eretz Yisrael in priority in this difficult time, in the time of destruction and European Jewry.’ I do not accept such sayings. And when some asked me: ‘Can’t you give money from the Keren Hayesod to save Jews in the Diaspora’? I said: no! And again I say no! … I think we have to stand before this wave that is putting Zionist activity into second row. … I think it necessary to say here Zionism is over everything…

… [W]e must guard Zionism. There are those who feel that this should not be said at the time a Holocaust is occurring, but believe me, lately we see worrisome manifestations in this respect: Zionism is above all – it is necessary to sound this whenever a Holocaust diverts us from our war of liberation in Zionism. Our war of liberation does not arise from the fact of the Holocaust in a straight forward manner and does not interlock with actions for the benefit of the Diaspora … And we must guard – especially in these times – the supremacy of the war of redemption [Italics mine].18

The irony is overwhelming. Though the memory and imagery of the Holocaust is not far from the lips of every Israel leader, particularly the present one, and though this imagery is exploited for the sake of gaining tolerance and forbearance from the international community, as well as reparations which go well beyond actuarial merits, there was little serious concern on the part of organized Zionism for those facing extermination in Europe. Rather the Holocaust was regarded as a threat which had the potential of diverting energy and resources from the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine which was by far their highest priority.

The fact that the initiation of the Zionist project had nothing to do with the Holocaust, as it developed more than a half century earlier, and the fact of the mostly indifference to the slaughter of Jews on the part of the founders of Israel, together with its collaboration with the Nazi Party, undermines Israel’s projected, and exploited, image as innocent victim.

• Options
    At the end of the war a document, dated 11 January 1941, produced by Avraham Stern, proposing a military alliance and an understanding between the Third Reich and the Zionists was found in the German embassy in Ankara. It had been presented to two German diplomats in Lebanon, under Vichy at that time. The document was entitled, “Proposal for the National Military Organization (Irgun Zvai Leumi) Concerning the Solution of the Jewish Question in Europe and the Participation of the NMO in the War on the side of Germany.” The NMO, later to adopt the name Lohamamei Herut Yisrael, or lehi for short, was universally known by its British designation as the Stern ang.

The document read:

The evacuation of the Jewish masses from Europe is a precondition for solving the Jewish question; but this can only be made possible and complete through the settlement of these masses in the home of the Jewish people, Palestine, and through the establishment of a Jewish state in its historical boundaries … The NMO, which is well acquainted with the goodwill of the German Reich government and its authorities towards Zionist activity inside Germany and towards Zionist emigration plans, is of the opinion that:

1. Common interests could exist between the establishment of a New Order in Europe in conformity with the German concept, and the true national aspirations of the Jewish people as they are embodied by the NMO.

2. Cooperation between the new Germany and a renewed volkish-national Hebrium would be possible; and,

3. The establishment of the historical Jewish state on a national and totalitarian basis, and bound by a treaty with the German Reich, would be in the interest of a maintained and strengthened future German position of power in the Near East.

Proceeding from these considerations, the NMO in Palestine, under the condition the above-mentioned national aspirations of the Israeli freedom movement, are recognized on the side of the German Reich, offers to actively take part in the war on Germany’s side [italics mine].

This offer by the NMO … would be connected to the military training and organization of Jewish manpower in Europe, under the leadership and command of the NMO. These military units would take part in the fight to conquer Palestine, should such a front be decided upon.

The indirect participation of the Israeli freedom movement in the New Order in Europe, already in the preparatory stage, would be linked with a positive-radical solution of the European Jewish problem in conformity with the above-mentioned national aspirations of the Jewish people. This would extraordinarily strengthen the moral basis of the New Order in the eyes of all humanity.19

The Irgun, (the MNO) under Manachem Begin, and the Stern Gang, are sometime blamed, by mainstream Zionism, as being uniquely responsible for the more grotesque atrocities of Israel’s fight against both the Arabs and against the British in its quest for statehood; for example, the bombing of the King David Hotel in 1946, in which 96 mostly civilians were killed, and the massacre at Deir Yassin. In fact, both of these actions involved the coordination of these ‘dissident groups’ with the Haganah — the military under the direction of David Ben Gurion.

Yitzhak Yzernitsky — later to call himself Yitzhak Shamir, and later to become Israeli Prime Minister, in fact, the longest serving Prime Minister of Israel except for David Ben Gurion — became the operations commander of the Stern Gang after Avraham Stern was killed by the British army in February of 1942. Under Shamir’s leadership, 14 assassinations were attempted of British officials with two successful ones, of Lord Moyne, the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, sitting in Cairo, and the UN Representative to Palestine, Count Folke Bernadotte, who received three bullets in the heart on the order of Stern’s operations commander and future Prime Minister – Yitzhak Shamir.

The Charter of the Stern Gang, or more accurately, the principles promulgated by Stern, included the establishment of a Jewish state “from the Nile to the Euphrates”, the ‘transfer of the Palestinian Arabs to regions outside of the Jewish state, and the building of the Third Temple in Jerusalem. It maintained offices outside of the Middle East – including Warsaw, Paris, London, and New York City, the latter headed by Benzion Netanyahu, the present Prime Minister’s father.
    http://dissidentvoice.org/2012/07/the-zionist-nazi-collaboration/
  • Options

And since people here LOVE posting from Eletronic Intifada, I'm shocked that you missed these lovely pictures of the Gaza "ghetto."

https://electronicintifada.net/content/photostory-brighter-side-gaza/10607

hilarious the depths depravity you will go to to whitewash Israel's war crimes. What a fucking joke.
    Here's just one example of what you're trying to pass off as evidence that things are not so bad in Gaza.....the 'before' picture of the University in Gaza....yes, it did look like a decent place in 2013:

Here's what it looked like after the massacre in Gaza last summer:

Thing is, I'm 100% sure you know the university was bombed. If there was a way to track down the locations of the other images you've shared here, I'm sure we would find many of them in a similar state following last summer. You consistently show that you are not above completely misleading the readers here to push your agenda. I really wish I had time to go thru all the bullshit you've been spewing here over the last few weeks, but I don't. Your examples of recent Israeli victims, with no mention of the typical, disproportionate number of Palestinian victims is especially telling ...always the same ol' shit.

• Options
    JohnnieBeBlueJohnnieBeBlue Posts: 627
    edited October 2015

Thing is, I'm 100% sure you know the university was bombed. If there was a way to track down the locations of the other images you've shared here, I'm sure we would find many of them in a similar state following last summer. You consistently show that you are not above completely misleading the readers here to push your agenda. I really wish I had time to go thru all the bullshit you've been spewing here over the last few weeks, but I don't. Your examples of recent Israeli victims, with no mention of the typical, disproportionate number of Palestinian victims is especially telling ...always the same ol' shit.

Right, the good old "proportional force and numbers argument." As if the Israelis should apologize for protecting themselves. Guess what? If you come at me with a knife, you know damn sure I won't hesitate to use my gun against you rather than reaching for my own knife. Good thing the Allies didn't use proportional force in World War II or we'd all be speaking German.
  • Options
    And as for the bombed out buildings...Do you know what Israel does after a suicide bomber hits? They IMMEDIATELY rebuild and open for business in the same location. Meanwhile, the Palestinians receive millions of dollars worth of concrete and steel and build....terror tunnels. No wonder nothing has been rebuilt.
  • Options
    And Zionism as collaborators with Nazis is such a twisted and backassed view of history I don't even know what to say. Where the hell do you guys find this stuff? Kind of like the post last week that argued Israel was trying to change the status quo of the Temple Mount. No, Israel has done no such thing. That's just a typical incitement tactic that the Palestinian leadership has used to promote hate and excuse terrorist attacks on Israeli civilians. Meanwhile, the stabbings continue.
  • Options
    The good old spread bullshit and see if I'm called on it argument. Bibi is desperate because a new generation of Americans are seeing through the bullshit, inclusive of "disproportional response." I'm sure there are a lot of Europeans who would disagree with your premise posited above. Yea because the nazis attacked with knives and were firebombed? You have no shame, correct? Bibi, Bibi, Bibi, Bibi, woot fucking woot!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    My argument did not mention Bibi. You come at a Policeman with a knife, expect to be shot. You don't see Jews stabbing Arabs daily in the streets do you? There is a reason the numbers are as they are.
  • Options
    You right Johnnie, you win. You know why? Because you're right, I don't see Palestinians stabbed by Jews/Israelis. I see them marginalized, accused of the idea behind the Holocaust. I see them ghettoized and not allowed freedom of travel without the daily indignities of check points (welcome to Warsaw). I see them prevented from making an honest living with almost every access to "free" markets cut off. I see the continuation of settlements and the building of walls to the exclusion of Palestinians, further alienating a people who has lived there for generations. I see the lack of accountability when it's a Jew on Arab crime (burning to death or firebombing anyone) despite claims of being a "just" society. I see and hear the "leadership" of the Jewish State as they say one thing, yet do another and yet, things are worse and no where near being better, the ultimate solution, yes? I see a people lead by fear and a desire to finish it. I see a complete overreaction and a use of disproportional force to "teach them a lesson." I see $3BB of my tax dollars perpetuating an apartheid state. And I see people like you playing the victim card, apologizing and not resting until they are no more. You have no shame, do you? Who killed Rabin and why?

When will Israel stop being the victim? When will Israel join the first world and lead? South Africa did it, why can't Israel? Germany did it. Japan did it. Rawanda did it? Bosnia did it. Eastern bloc nations did it, why not Israel?

Is the Israeli identity forever intertwined with the elimination of palestinians and Arabs from "Jewish" soil?

For a "people" who have suffered so much, to have an opportunity to rise above, and to turn around and do unto others what had been done to them? You win.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

You right Johnnie, you win. You know why? Because you're right, I don't see Palestinians stabbed by Jews/Israelis. I see them marginalized, accused of the idea behind the Holocaust. I see them ghettoized and not allowed freedom of travel without the daily indignities of check points (welcome to Warsaw). I see them prevented from making an honest living with almost every access to "free" markets cut off. I see the continuation of settlements and the building of walls to the exclusion of Palestinians, further alienating a people who has lived there for generations. I see the lack of accountability when it's a Jew on Arab crime (burning to death or firebombing anyone) despite claims of being a "just" society. I see and hear the "leadership" of the Jewish State as they say one thing, yet do another and yet, things are worse and no where near being better, the ultimate solution, yes? I see a people lead by fear and a desire to finish it. I see a complete overreaction and a use of disproportional force to "teach them a lesson." I see $3BB of my tax dollars perpetuating an apartheid state. And I see people like you playing the victim card, apologizing and not resting until they are no more. You have no shame, do you? Who killed Rabin and why?

When will Israel stop being the victim? When will Israel join the first world and lead? South Africa did it, why can't Israel? Germany did it. Japan did it. Rawanda did it? Bosnia did it. Eastern bloc nations did it, why not Israel?

Is the Israeli identity forever intertwined with the elimination of palestinians and Arabs from "Jewish" soil?

For a "people" who have suffered so much, to have an opportunity to rise above, and to turn around and do unto others what had been done to them? You win.

dammit man.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Chris Cornell just announced 2 shows in Israel.

Higher Truth indeed.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Higher Truth indeed.

Wheres the link?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

Higher Truth indeed.

Wheres the link?
    Came via Cornell fanclub email. European tour ending with two Israeli dates May 6 and 7.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

Higher Truth indeed.

Wheres the link?
    Came via Cornell fanclub email. European tour ending with two Israeli dates May 6 and 7.
    saw in my email.

in other news, looks like an agreement between Israel and Jordan for more cameras at the dome. Not a bad thing I guess. But it does raise a question that was not addressed in the article I saw, who is doing the monitoring?

• Options
    BS44325 said:

Higher Truth indeed.

sellout.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

BS44325 said:

Higher Truth indeed.

sellout.
    why is he a sellout? can an artist not choose to take the non-political route and just play a show for people who don't get many?

and maybe it's not even that.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

BS44325 said:

Higher Truth indeed.

sellout.
    why is he a sellout? can an artist not choose to take the non-political route and just play a show for people who don't get many?

and maybe it's not even that.

Had a thought he donates all procedes and merch sales to help rebuild gaza.

• Options
    Chris should be applauded for playing there. It's about bringing music to his fans and nothing more. He is also playing in Moscow...that doesn't mean he supports Putin. What I am curious about is whether people and this band will have his back when he receives a strongly worded letter from Waters.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    BS44325 said:

Chris should be applauded for playing there. It's about bringing music to his fans and nothing more. He is also playing in Moscow...that doesn't mean he supports Putin. What I am curious about is whether people and this band will have his back when he receives a strongly worded letter from Waters.

and if we were to apply the politics of the area to places bands/artists shouldn't play, then it could be argued that pearl jam, by extension, shouldn't have played anywhere in the US between 2001-2009.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com