Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    edited April 2015

Do both. Go online while literally in line. Get in line around 4am though and do lines of blow to help you stay in line while inline. Hopefully the lines will help you focus while inline and online so you can click refresh online and land you some mystery vinyl while in line for vinyl.

I can't imagine being fast enough on a phone to get something that will sell out immediately. It doesn't seem possible to me. You can't type and navigate a phone as fast as a home computer, at least I can't.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    Sarava said:

Do both. Go online while literally in line. Get in line around 4am though and do lines of blow to help you stay in line while inline. Hopefully the lines will help you focus while inline and online so you can click refresh online and land you some mystery vinyl while in line for vinyl.

I can't imagine being fast enough on a phone to get something that will sell out immediately. It doesn't seem possible to me. You can't type and navigate a phone as fast as a home computer, at least I can't.
    if you were doing lines while inline and online you might be able to.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373

Sarava said:

if you were doing lines while inline and online you might be able to.

That's walking a fine line!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

Paco Jam said:

i will not do it thief club

i don't need an extra copy of black backspacer

Awesome! More space Saturday morning for the rest of us. I don't have backspacer yet so I'm happy if I'm fortunate enough to grab this Saturday morning. If I got backspacer I'd be happy bc the record plus the fun and anticipation is worth the $$ to me.
    Nice optimism, but you know you can buy Backspacer for a big fifteen bucks in the shop right? :) The anticipation is good though. I'm waking up to give it a try. And if I get a Backspacer I'll trade you!

Haha! Yes I'm aware it's there. It's not my favorite so I've been holding out and squirreling my vinyl funds together to save for all the others I also don't have yet. My point is, even if I happen to get my least desired vinyl, I'll still be happy bc I don't have it yet anyway and the anticipation of 1. being lucky enough to buy one 2. then of waiting for it to be delivered 3. then of opening it is worth it to me!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347

<...My point is, even if I happen to get my least desired vinyl, I'll still be happy bc I don't have it yet anyway and the anticipation of 1. being lucky enough to buy one 2. then of waiting for it to be delivered 3. then of opening it is worth it to me!</p>

That's my take too :) But I'm getting ready for the big disappointment of not scoring anything as well :lol:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    High hopes & zero expectations should be the only way to look at it! :tongue:
  • Options
    I think I'll stay away from the boards this coming weekend. there will undoubtedly be a whole shitload of whiners complaining they didn't even get a shot at buying anything and how crappy 10C is for doing this. And those who scored something will undoubtedly thank 10C for how it was run. :hang_loose:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jasonrolfejasonrolfe Posts: 474
    I'm looking forward to this. Should be exciting.

High hopes & zero expectations should be the only way to look at it! :tongue:

Agreed!
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

I think I'll stay away from the boards this coming weekend. there will undoubtedly be a whole shitload of whiners complaining they didn't even get a shot at buying anything and how crappy 10C is for doing this. And those who scored something will undoubtedly thank 10C for how it was run. :hang_loose:

You are correct, sir. Being a sick bastard like I am though. I look forward to the mayhem.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,421

I will definitely go online while in line to attempt to score some vinyl while in line for vinyl. I'll pass on the lines of blow while inline getting online since standing in line for more than an hour blows.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

I will definitely go online while in line to attempt to score some vinyl while in line for vinyl. I'll pass on the lines of blow while inline getting online since standing in line for more than an hour blows.
    Say that 5 times really fast...:)
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Ok...now my head hurts...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

https://youtu.be/1Y_7P9Ce9Uc
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    Too much funny over the last page or so!

Me? I'm hoping to just get the vinyl....and if it causes me to end up with duplicates, well then...trade bait or maybe pay it forward.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    So will there be mystery vinyl sale 2.0 for those that miss out? hmmmmm
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    I wonder how soon these will ship after Saturday
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    I reckon the packages are already made up. Just slap the shipping labels on in the order they come out of the printer and they're good to go.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,565
    Sarava said:

It can be done. I snagged a Moline poster on my phone while I was at work.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

Sarava said:

ladies and gentlemen............LIGHTNING FINGEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSS!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    on2legs said:

Sarava said:

I've done it before to snag seats off ticketbastard. Not too hard. I'll be doing it on Saturday because no way will I be
    missing out on a once a year rsd vinyl and fun peeps in line for some pj vinyl I know I'm going to already have. Fun times fo sho!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    Sarava said:

That's what I do. I don't think it takes any more time, as long as you have your CC number copied and ready to paste. If your address is already on file there isn't any typing to do....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    I said it during the Moline poster sale, you have to train. Practice typing In your CC info, get your wife, or a loved one to throw scenarios at you like a power failure (get to your phone!) or an unwelcomed boss or coworker in your office etc...

Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice does.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    I said it during the Moline poster sale, you have to train. Practice typing In your CC info, get your wife, or a loved one to throw scenarios at you like a power failure (get to your phone!) or an unwelcomed boss or coworker in your office etc...

Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice does.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Is anybody else wondering why they do this at 10 am EDT? Is it so the Westcoasters have a good chance at still hitting the record stores early?
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492

I encourage more people to go to RSD at a store. Someone's gotta buy up all those Aha picture discs!

Yes, that will be me. Great song from my high school years.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    juswiljuswil Melbourne, Australia Posts: 33
    A couple of things...

Can anyone confirm what time these go on sale for Australians? I think it might be 12am AEST? If anyone knows for sure that would be great.

Secondly (and forgive my paranoia here), how is the shipping costs going to affect any internationals that are lucky enough to grab a mystery pack?
    Obviously with the boxes and posters, weight was fairly standard access the board however when you look and the possible inclusions (and lucky ones) of a Benaroya box or Sevens box, these weigh more right?

I would hate for the next postage label to be slapped onto an order be mine but then not because the box/shipping was going to be international and it was slightly thicker or heavier.
    PJ Melbourne 18-02-2003 
    PJ Melbourne 20-11-2009 
    PJ Melbourne 24-01-2014 
    EV Melbourne 19-02-2014
    PJ Auckland 08-11-2024
    PJ Auckland 10-11-2024
    PJ Gold Coast 13-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 16-11-2024
    PJ Melbourne 18-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 21-11-2024
    PJ Sydney 23-11-2024
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,023
    10 AM EST is 2PM in Portugal right?

can anyone confirm me this?
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    just_one said:

10 AM EST is 2PM in Portugal right?

can anyone confirm me this?

No, I think it´s 15:00 or 3pm ! It´s actual 9am in NY and in Protugal 2pm... so +5h !
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    I'm getting nervous....
    Like A Fist To The Jaw