Options

High N Dry in California

123457»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    rr165892 said:

we were just discussing that most our travel lately has been for rock shows and how nice it would be to do some hiking and breathe in some clean air.

You definitely can't go a wrong in the Northwest if that's what you're after. I recommend either the far Westcoast (where there is basically nothing between you and Japan) on either Vancouver Island or in Northern Wasington, or the Rockies on the BC/Alberta boarder. From Banff to Jasper - probably the most beautiful place on the face of the plant.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

we were just discussing that most our travel lately has been for rock shows and how nice it would be to do some hiking and breathe in some clean air.

You definitely can't go a wrong in the Northwest if that's what you're after. I recommend either the far Westcoast (where there is basically nothing between you and Japan) on either Vancouver Island or in Northern Wasington, or the Rockies on the BC/Alberta boarder. From Banff to Jasper - probably the most beautiful place on the face of the plant.
    I actually lived in Portland for 8 months back in 92 during the height of grungy goodness.It was beautiful.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

Was just talking about doing a 4 day trip to Tofino at the end of September.

And I agree about Banff/Jasper - I've hiked many, many miles (many kilometres just doesn't sound the same) in those parks and loved all of it. Oh, except the mosquitoes in the Tonquin Valley :smile:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf