Mexico City travel advice thread

Comments

• Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Will there be a Pre-party ?
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    ShaqdaddyShaqdaddy Calgary, AB Posts: 157

Thanks for the thread Ryan!! You will have 2 more Winnipeggers at the Riazor!! (But we are going to Mazatland for a few days before the concert to do some all inclusive and ziplining!!). We check in early on the same day of the show. Perhaps we could group to the show though!

Nice! We are coming from Canada as well. One from Winnipeg and the other from Calgary but I used to live in Winnipeg. Sounds like arranging a van shuttle to the show from Riazor is a good idea.
  • Options
    caabcacaabca Posts: 5
    Also staying at the Riazor Fri-Sun. GA-A tickets.
  • Options
    Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 449
    Would anyone staying at the Riazor be willing to look after my luggage on the Friday morning please? I land early from the UK (about 05:30) but won't be able to get into my room until the afternoon. I don't want to leave it in the lobby or to have to take it out with me.

Thank you for any offers of help.
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • Options
    Everything is finally booked!

Arriving 26th staying at Hotel de Cortez first 2 nights.
    Day of the show moving to Grand Prix hotel for 2 nights.
    Going home the 30th.

After party across the street at Grand Prix hotel after show??
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 797
    edited August 2015
    I Need a single GA-A anyone?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Is top pick hotel Riazor? I'm going solo so it would be good to meet up with fellow jammers :)

Anyone staying at the Best Western?
    Post edited by adamg5 on
  • Options
    If anyone has, or knows someone who has, tickets to the show they are looking to sell I'm in search of two. GA is preferred but we aren't picky.
  • Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first post. So excited to see lots of people from all over the world coming to Mexico City on Nov. 28!! I hope we can all meet and have a pre-party or something, and just PJ-all-day!! You're gonna love Mexico City, I'm pretty sure, haha! Cheers! :smiley:
  • Options
    Hi everyone!
    I would love to visit Teotihuacan archeological site while in the city, but I've read buses taking tourists there are known to be regularly boarded by thieves. Is it really like that?
    I don't drive, so renting a car is not an option, and taking a cab would be really expensive. Is there any tour or alternative means of transportation that locals would recommend?
    Or maybe if some of you would also like to visit the site, we could meet up, rent a car and go as a group. That would be great! I would like to go on the 27, if anyone is interested
    Just let me know :smile:
    Cheers!
  • Options
    anez_98anez_98 Posts: 158
    Just booked my trip, got a ticket. staying at the riazor thurs-sun. It's a solo trip and i've had some great solo expriences in dallas/okc/denver. looking forward to another one!
  • Options
    Does $540 round trip California to Mexico City sound like an ok deal? Fly in Friday return Sunday Through Google flights
  • Options
    candaceandcocoacandaceandcocoa Bel Air, MD, USA Posts: 62
    NO! I booked my flight yesterday from Baltimore to Mexico City for 6'something... And one of those legs is business class. You should be able to find cheaper.
  • Options
    Well it is from a small airport Fresno connecting to LA so probably why is more$$?
  • Options
    Flying home Monday will be cheaper, not sure if you can pull that off though
    2015= Mexico City
    2017= EV @ Ohana
  • Options

Hi everyone!
    I would love to visit Teotihuacan archeological site while in the city, but I've read buses taking tourists there are known to be regularly boarded by thieves. Is it really like that?
    I don't drive, so renting a car is not an option, and taking a cab would be really expensive. Is there any tour or alternative means of transportation that locals would recommend?
    Or maybe if some of you would also like to visit the site, we could meet up, rent a car and go as a group. That would be great! I would like to go on the 27, if anyone is interested
    Cheers!

Some people are booking the Viator early morning tour on the 27th, Me included. booked solo but am fairly certain there will be some PJ tourists on the tour . Was $50 something.
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options

Hi everyone!
    Cheers!

Some people are booking the Viator early morning tour on the 27th, Me included. booked solo but am fairly certain there will be some PJ tourists on the tour . Was $50 something.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Looking a for a spare GA. PM if you happen to have one. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    It only $100 cheaper if I drive 3 hours to LA airport lol
  • Options
    9 weeks until I fly to Mexico City.

BUMP !!
    2015= Mexico City
    2017= EV @ Ohana
  • Options
    I have some tix from a member here partially secured. He can't figure out a way to transfer tix since its will call. Anyone?
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    edited September 2015
    I'm in search of a pair of fan club for the Mexico show. Please PM if you can help out.

Found them :-)
    Post edited by zarocat on
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    Okay I'm back in.

Someone make me feel better about international will call. I've read that the 48 hours before thing is just for tickets purchased within Mexico, and it's not a hard and fast rule anyway.

But I've also read you can pick up international tickets at the venue box office an hour before the show. How hard and fast is that rule? Is it possible to pick up tickets the night before?

Thanks all :)
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,501
    What do these seats mean? section GRAL-A, row G3

Is this GA (no seats)?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,501
    Anyone staying at the Hilton near the airport?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836

Okay I'm back in.

Someone make me feel better about international will call. I've read that the 48 hours before thing is just for tickets purchased within Mexico, and it's not a hard and fast rule anyway.

But I've also read you can pick up international tickets at the venue box office an hour before the show. How hard and fast is that rule? Is it possible to pick up tickets the night before?

Thanks all :)

You can pick them up at any ticketmaster outlet up to 48 hrs before the show. There are several around Mexico city from what I have gathered.
    KV4053 said:

What do these seats mean? section GRAL-A, row G3

Is this GA (no seats)?

Yes it's GA, they do that to track the ticket sales is my understanding. GA rules apply, first come first in.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    If anyone is on FB there is a page there with a lot of good information and some very helpful locals.
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/917830634928854?ref=bookmarks
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    mongowmongow Wimberley, TX Posts: 25
    Looking for a GA ticket to Mexico City. Already have plane ticket and accomidations. PM me if you have any leads. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    schappschapp Posts: 160
    mongow said:

Looking for a GA ticket to Mexico City. Already have plane ticket and accomidations. PM me if you have any leads. Thank you!!!

There are tickets available at ticketmaster now.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/pearl-jam-mexico-distrito-federal-28-11-2015/event/14004E5CC4569D78?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=826&tm_link=artist_msg-0_14004E5CC4569D78
  • Options
    schapp said:

mongow said:

There are tickets available at ticketmaster now.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/pearl-jam-mexico-distrito-federal-28-11-2015/event/14004E5CC4569D78?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=826&tm_link=artist_msg-0_14004E5CC4569D78
    Thanks schapp - this won't let me change the country from Mexico for my billing address when I got to purchase them. Anyone have any idea how to get around that?