Options

Stay Tuned... (Tour?) Announcement Friday, March 13th, 2015

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852

well picked! you got a gooder!

Don't I know it Mr.Dillon... and Bring back the freaking Headstones! :lol:

www.headstonesband.com

they have been back for a few years now. put out two albums. I saw them 5 times last year! they'll be heading out on an acoustic tour this summer I believe.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Anyone complaining about the announcement blows. This is like the 20th time in the last few years crazy fans have built up a Tuesday or an announcement or little birdie tweet, then freak out when the news isn't what they wanted. There was mass hysteria this time (Soldier Field, Alpine, Hawaii!!!) and hundreds of messages ... all for nothing. Chill out, put on a bootleg and be happy for SA. PJ's touring. That's all that matters.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885

lolobugg said:

ComeToTX said:

Tease us for s week for that? Laughable.

typical of late
    Yeah kinda. I think it's really us crazy fans who built this one up though. All they did was say there would be an announcement Friday at 10, which there was. A few SA shows. There you go. Now book your trips and buy your tickets so they can announce another tour closer to where you live in a month. :)
    I agree, it was the board who blew this up more than 10c did.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    Ok all the posters who only come here when tour announcements happen can now go away :) bye bye come back here next yr
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365

PJ's touring. That's all that matters.

• Options
    Positive for U.S. fans: More free time to collect overpriced stickers!!! :)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517

lolobugg said:

ComeToTX said:

typical of late
    Yeah kinda. I think it's really us crazy fans who built this one up though. All they did was say there would be an announcement Friday at 10, which there was. A few SA shows. There you go. Now book your trips and buy your tickets so they can announce another tour closer to where you live in a month. :)
    I agree the fans contributed to the hype, but was there a countdown clock for the 10 date US tour last fall?

It is what it is here, people are disappointed at the prospect of not seeing PJ this year, I don't see anything wrong with expressing disappointment. I think the whole 'Americans don't care about the SA fans" sounds like a lot of whining by people who don't have enough to whine about. Just because I'm not doing backflips for people in the 8 cities announced doesn't mean I'm not happy for them.

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

lolobugg said:

ComeToTX said:

typical of late
    I agree the fans contributed to the hype, but was there a countdown clock for the 10 date US tour last fall?

It is what it is here, people are disappointed at the prospect of not seeing PJ this year, I don't see anything wrong with expressing disappointment. I think the whole 'Americans don't care about the SA fans" sounds like a lot of whining by people who don't have enough to whine about. Just because I'm not doing backflips for people in the 8 cities announced doesn't mean I'm not happy for them.

Did Ten Club put up the countdown clock? I thought that was just some fan made link someone posted.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

lolobugg said:

ComeToTX said:

typical of late
    I agree, it was the board who blew this up more than 10c did.
    agreed.
    I don't have twitter or any of that shit but it seems like this was the biggest thing since the Kenndey assassination. at least for 3 days on the boards

football season is over and we are starved for some news about the band

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Ok all the posters who only come here when tour announcements happen can now go away :) bye bye come back here next yr

lol!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options

lolobugg said:

ComeToTX said:

typical of late

Did Ten Club put up the countdown clock? I thought that was just some fan made link someone posted.
    If that's the case, I will stand corrected. I was under the impression it was a PJ thing, but you may be right.
  • Options

Jeez.....they played the US in 2013 and 2014, and people are complaining about no US dates?
    Good for SA, we should all be happy that they are getting to see the greatest live band on Earth again!
    And happy that the band wants to continue touring!

People have the right to complain. The tours U.S. tour in 2013 and 2014 wasn't a complete tour. Like I mentioned earlier, Pearl Jam hasn't played South Florida since 2008 and they haven't played Miami since 1994. I think Miami is definitely owed a show or two or ten.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    I'm still gonna hold out hope for a U.S. Festival date
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,980

Jeez.....they played the US in 2013 and 2014, and people are complaining about no US dates?
    Good for SA, we should all be happy that they are getting to see the greatest live band on Earth again!

People have the right to complain. The tours U.S. tour in 2013 and 2014 wasn't a complete tour. Like I mentioned earlier, Pearl Jam hasn't played South Florida since 2008 and they haven't played Miami since 1994. I think Miami is definitely owed a show or two or ten.
    well if you go like that , PJ hasnt tour europe properly since 2006.

im not going but congrats to SA for a tour there.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885

I think there will be one or two. Global seems like a good bet.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

+1
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360

Who decides what a "complete" tour is?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,254
    RP112579 said:

Who decides what a "complete" tour is?
    Boom.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,661

Nothing against the great state of Florida, nor the fun city that is Miami....but nobody is owed a thing. The band can play every week in Seattle or once a decade in Greenland, that is up to them. I was happy for many of the cities that got shows on the last tour and will be happy for people in Florida when they get a show there as well....but nobody is owed a show.
    (Except maybe Philly, because they never play there! :lol: )
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630

Anyone complaining about the announcement blows. This is like the 20th time in the last few years crazy fans have built up a Tuesday or an announcement or little birdie tweet, then freak out when the news isn't what they wanted. There was mass hysteria this time (Soldier Field, Alpine, Hawaii!!!) and hundreds of messages ... all for nothing. Chill out, put on a bootleg and be happy for SA. PJ's touring. That's all that matters.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462

lolobugg said:

ComeToTX said:

typical of late

If that's the case, I will stand corrected. I was under the impression it was a PJ thing, but you may be right.
    It wasn't a fan thing, it came straight from Pearl Jam's facebook page.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    People better get used to it. Pearl Jam is probably going to be touring less and less as time goes on, not more... Maybe find another band to madly obsess over to fill in the gap?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,661
    PJ_Soul said:

People better get used to it. Pearl Jam is probably going to be touring less and less as time goes on, not more... Maybe find another band to madly obsess over to fill in the gap?

NKITB?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Its very weird what is happening here. PJ didn´t tour SA until 2005. And now its happening every two years. Maybe they are making up for taking so long the first time. He he.
    21.11.05 Santiago, Chile (Soundcheck)
    22.11.05 Santiago, Chile
    23.11.05 Santiago, Chile
    16.11.11 Santiago, Chile
    06.04.13 Santiago, Chile
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    PJ_Soul said:

Hahaha, I have a few other bands/artists I obsess over...sadly, they're not touring in 2015 (or at all in Nirvana's case) either. :disappointed:
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options

Its very weird what is happening here. PJ didn´t tour SA until 2005. And now its happening every two years. Maybe they are making up for taking so long the first time. He he.

making up for lost $$$$

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited March 2015
    PJ_Soul Exactly.

PJ fans are the best. But they're so dependent on the band doing something (touring) that everything gets out of whack whenever there's the hint of anything happening. (Think this is also why people have gone so crazy for merch no one cared about just a few years ago -- it's PJ and it's something new to collect, hoard, obsess over.) PJ may end up being the next Neil or Bruce and they're already on the way. But they won't be able rock forever. Neil moves around a little on stage but is near the end of his rock touring days and often plays solo acoustic. Bruce brings it but he has a 15-piece band and doesn't have hard rock songs like "Go," "Save You," "Worldwide Suicide," etc. When PJ rock, they ROCK. Crazy jumps, super-intense perfomances, etc. What makes PJ special is that they're so incredible live. We all want to see them as much as possible. But they've been touring 10-30 shows a year since after 2003 and while this is just another example of the trend, they definitely won't be doing it forever. They CAN'T. Enjoy them while they're still around, go see them when you can, rock the heck out, spin the records and bootlegs, and STOP F'N COMPLAINING!!!!!! :)

p.s. It also doesn't help that there are certain people that post every single thing here relating to the band -- adds to the obsessive mentality. And then there are the Soldier Field 2015 wet-dream threads. HA! :bawling:
    Post edited by Blredyellow on
  • Options
    Agg said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hahaha, I have a few other bands/artists I obsess over...sadly, they're not touring in 2015 (or at all in Nirvana's case) either. :disappointed:
    That is a shame! I haven't heard about any of the bands I obsess over coming near me this year either, yet.... Although one of them is Joseph Arthur, so at least I've still got a pretty good shot to see him with RNDM! :)
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

NKITB?
    they would never treat their fans like this!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    www.cluthelee.com