Stay Tuned... (Tour?) Announcement Friday, March 13th, 2015

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

lolobugg said:

nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

Playing soccer stadiums in a continent with 600 million people and closing the tour in the largest city in the western hemisphere is a pretty big fucking deal... is the band not supposed to market and hype the tour? Sweet jesus, get over yourself white people lol

White people? Wow.
    lol, yeah. reverse that one. don't think that would go over too well!

what was that guy on Howard Stern used to say?
    "Wake up, White People"
    Haha, dont want to go quoting that freak.
    that guys was a fucking idiot.
    I miss Stern.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    After looking, it seems the only semi-reasonable place to fly in terms of cost from Cleveland is Mexico City... well, see you all on Nov 28!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

Playing soccer stadiums in a continent with 600 million people and closing the tour in the largest city in the western hemisphere is a pretty big fucking deal... is the band not supposed to market and hype the tour? Sweet jesus, get over yourself white people lol

White people? Wow.

Seriously. Kinda weird to end the rant on such an ignorant note.
    Making a joke -- if you are white and you make a joke poking fun at white people is that not allowed? (Or is it that people that are not white are offended by someone calling them white?)
    Damn people are uptight!

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    GeoScottGeoScott South Carolina Posts: 151
    Congrats to our friends in Latin America. At least we'll have new bootlegs to listen to early in 2016 :)
    Concerning US tour dates; I'm in the US southeast. I understand that our tour sites will have to wait 10-15 years between shows. And given the bands age and decreasing tour schedule, maybe never again(?)

So as they say in some song I heard the other day;
    "Turn it up, set it off, before we're gone
    Let's everybody get it on, get it on"
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

Its very weird what is happening here. PJ didn´t tour SA until 2005. And now its happening every two years. Maybe they are making up for taking so long the first time. He he.

Weird? These days are all in November in tropical paradise. It's obviously a great time for them to vacation right before the holidays. Not to mention the huge cash pay out to the band. And monster crowds who chant the guitar riffs to your songs for Christ's sake.

Really weird though how everything transpired. To see how Canada gets NO love on the LB tours is interesting, especially like big markets like Toronto and Montreal.

If this is it this year, they will have plenty of places to cover in 2016 in support of PJ25 and maybe a new album. Hope they bring it.

Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited March 2015

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

White people? Wow.

Making a joke -- if you are white and you make a joke poking fun at white people is that not allowed? (Or is it that people that are not white are offended by someone calling them white?)
    Damn people are uptight!

How do we know that Nick is white? :joker:

(but I figure the rule is, if you plugged in any ethnicity to replace white, and it would be racist and the thread would get locked, then don't post it)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited March 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

nicknyr15 said:

nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

White people? Wow.

Damn people are uptight!

How do we know that Nick is white? :joker:

(but I figure the rule is, if you plugged in any ethnicity to replace white, and it would be racist and the thread would get locked, then don't post it)
    Yeah and I am not down with racist crap but everyone gets so frigging out of hand about it. I know enough of the % of the 7,000 posts my2hands has made which I have read that he is not racist in here. Making light of something like that as hurting the precious WMA is really not cool in my book. When it is harmful than I agree there should be discussion.
    Speaking as a WMA of the 70's....

I erased the rest of the response I typed because I dont think it serves any purpose to further the discussion. I should know better than to rise to the bait thrown out there by calling someone out.

Good for South & Central America! Our friends from the south will have much to rejoice and we will love hearing the boots of their amazing crowd participation.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    This thread is a good example of political correctness gone way too far. Rational people are talking about My2Hands' comment like it is racist and offensive when clearly it was meant as a funny way to say that Americans are more self-centered and don't give much of a crap about the rest of the world. Sure, blatantly racist and hateful talk is wrong, but we've been brainwashed or trained to not say anything remotely offensive. Who could possibly be offended by My2Hand's comment?
  • Options
    edited March 2015

This thread is a good example of political correctness gone way too far. Rational people are talking about My2Hands' comment like it is racist and offensive when clearly it was meant as a funny way to say that Americans are more self-centered and don't give much of a crap about the rest of the world. Sure, blatantly racist and hateful talk is wrong, but we've been brainwashed or trained to not say anything remotely offensive. Who could possibly be offended by My2Hand's comment?

I'm truly not offended, but I understand why others might be .... The times they a'changin'. I guess these days it's a risky move to 1) make technically racist comments about any ethnicity, and 2) use the term "white" when you mean "American".
    That said, I don't give a shit if someone is offended anyway.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Racism?

Americans being self-centered and not caring about the rest of the world?

Oh boy, the wonders of a PJ tour announcement!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    If you would be offended by the terms "black people," "brown people" or "yellow people" then you should be equally offended by "white people."

I get offended that it's ok to make racist comments against whites, but if it was any other race, it would be a major issue.
  • Options
    YLed2 said:

Racism?

Americans being self-centered and not caring about the rest of the world?

Oh boy, the wonders of a PJ tour announcement!

Well, the racism isn't in criticizing Americans. It's the part about attributing American behaviour to white people, lol.
    (I like Americans AND white people except when I don't =) )
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

If you would be offended by the terms "black people," "brown people" or "yellow people" then you should be equally offended by "white people."

I get offended that it's ok to make racist comments against whites, but if it was any other race, it would be a major issue.

I just think we need to learn to differentiate true hate speech and harmless comments meant as a joke. I would be interested in someone actually being offended by the comment longer than 10 seconds.
  • Options

CopperTom said:

I just think we need to learn to differentiate true hate speech and harmless comments meant as a joke. I would be interested in someone actually being offended by the comment longer than 10 seconds.
    To be fair, even if someone had said "black" instead of "white" in the original sentence while making the same joke there probably would have been a shit storm.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

CopperTom said:

To be fair, even if someone had said "black" instead of "white" in the original sentence while making the same joke there probably would have been a shit storm.
    Sure, but a shit storm that was deserved or one created because people have been trained to get mad any time a comment might be remotely offensive? You used the term black people in your message and it wasn't remotely offensive, so that is proof the terms can be used, and then the context should determine whether it is offensive or not. People joke all the time that white people can't dance or white men can't jump. I don't think anyone is crying over it.

All I'm saying is the guy made a joke and wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings and it is highly unlikely that anyone was harmed by it. Let's save the outrage for comments that are truly hurtful and hateful.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

CopperTom said:

Sure, but a shit storm that was deserved or one created because people have been trained to get mad any time a comment might be remotely offensive? You used the term black people in your message and it wasn't remotely offensive, so that is proof the terms can be used, and then the context should determine whether it is offensive or not. People joke all the time that white people can't dance or white men can't jump. I don't think anyone is crying over it.

All I'm saying is the guy made a joke and wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings and it is highly unlikely that anyone was harmed by it. Let's save the outrage for comments that are truly hurtful and hateful.
    I agree. Context is everything. If one wants to avoid what's occurred in this thread they may want to avoid such comments, lol (i would), but that doesn't mean unfounded outrage is cool.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Wow, this thread has totally derailed.
    Me, I'm a little bummed ... I was hoping and wishing for Canada 2015. Congrats to all you lucky ones that will make it to a show ... I'll try to catch at least one set list relay, so I will 'see' you there.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,434
    Hoping for a Montreal show to be added this yer.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    WTF happened to this thread? Man. The internet sucks sometimes.
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    Oh people and their feelings. Let's talk pearl Jam. There's plenty of time to announce a small tour before SA
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    You are all nuts
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

You are all nuts

Ha, I won't argue with that.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

You are all nuts

Careful, Jose! You might offend the peanut gallery. :get_outta_here:
  • Options

You are all nuts

Careful, Jose! You might offend the peanut gallery. :get_outta_here:
    Nice!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    edited March 2015
    lol lol
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    happy for all the latinos fans and for everyone else who can go..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    edited March 2015
    For the PC patrol, lol , j/k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqETyU9k0lM

Post edited by rssesq on
  • Options
    Has anyone seen a seating chart yet for Chile?
  • Options

Has anyone seen a seating chart yet for Chile?

Consider $650 CLP = 1 dollar.
    21.11.05 Santiago, Chile (Soundcheck)
    22.11.05 Santiago, Chile
    23.11.05 Santiago, Chile
    16.11.11 Santiago, Chile
    06.04.13 Santiago, Chile