Options

Stay Tuned... (Tour?) Announcement Friday, March 13th, 2015

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    edited March 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

People better get used to it. Pearl Jam is probably going to be touring less and less as time goes on, not more... Maybe find another band to madly obsess over to fill in the gap?

PJ fans are the best. But they're so dependent on the band doing something (touring) that everything gets out of whack whenever there's the hint of anything happening. (Think this is also why people have gone so crazy for merch no one cared about just a few years ago -- it's PJ and it's something new to collect, hoard, obsess over.) PJ may end up being the next Neil or Bruce and they're already on the way. But they won't be able rock forever. Neil moves around a little. Bruce doesn't have hard rock songs like "Go," "Save You," "Worldwide Suicide," etc. What makes PJ special is because they're so incredible live. We all want to see them as much as possible. But they've been touring 10-30 shows a year since after 2003 and while this is just another example of the trend, they won't be doing it forever. They CAN'T. Enjoy them while they're still around, go see them when you can, rock the heck out, spin the records and bootlegs, and STOP F'N COMPLAINING!!!!!! :)". End quote!!!!!

Sorry, I messed this up in the edit! - I struggle with my iPhone sometimes!

I think it's this very realization that has driven up the demand for shows people can get to.

I've been cramming in as many live shows as possible in the last 5 years for this very reason. If I never see another PJ show, I will still consider myself fortunate to have seen the shows I have. That doesn't mean I don't want to see them again. There's nothing wrong with that.

Some people on this forum seem to think there is a problem with a person expressing disappointment over the prospect of not seeing their favorite band in 2015.

I think those are the people who need to get over themselves.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Merkin Baller All cool. In some ways, you're saying the same things we were about appreciating the band while they're here. I'm just not into whining on the internet. Doesn't do anything. Have at it, though. :)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517

Merkin Baller All cool. In some ways, you're saying the same things we were about appreciating the band while they're here. I'm just not into whining on the internet. Doesn't do anything. Have at it, though. :)

Maybe I'm whining about other posters, but I'm sure as hell not whining about the lack of US dates, it is what it is. I'm ok with it. I would have liked some, but my life will go on & be just fine if I don't see PJ this year.

Peace
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885

PJ_Soul said:

People better get used to it. Pearl Jam is probably going to be touring less and less as time goes on, not more... Maybe find another band to madly obsess over to fill in the gap?

PJ fans are the best. But they're so dependent on the band doing something (touring) that everything gets out of whack whenever there's the hint of anything happening. (Think this is also why people have gone so crazy for merch no one cared about just a few years ago -- it's PJ and it's something new to collect, hoard, obsess over.) PJ may end up being the next Neil or Bruce and they're already on the way. But they won't be able rock forever. Neil moves around a little. Bruce doesn't have hard rock songs like "Go," "Save You," "Worldwide Suicide," etc. What makes PJ special is because they're so incredible live. We all want to see them as much as possible. But they've been touring 10-30 shows a year since after 2003 and while this is just another example of the trend, they won't be doing it forever. They CAN'T. Enjoy them while they're still around, go see them when you can, rock the heck out, spin the records and bootlegs, and STOP F'N COMPLAINING!!!!!! :)". End quote!!!!!

Sorry, I messed this up in the edit! - I struggle with my iPhone sometimes!

I think it's this very realization that has driven up the demand for shows people can get to.

I've been cramming in as many live shows as possible in the last 5 years for this very reason. If I never see another PJ show, I will still consider myself fortunate to have seen the shows I have. That doesn't mean I don't want to see them again. There's nothing wrong with that.

Some people on this forum seem to think there is a problem with a person expressing disappointment over the prospect of not seeing their favorite band in 2015.

I think those are the people who need to get over themselves.
    Nothing wrong in being disappointed in not getting a show in your area and expressing that. But there are more than a few going above and beyond being dissapointed.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited March 2015
    congrats to the South American gang... have fun at the shows!

fixed lol
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    we gotta stop abbreviating South America...
    I thought you guys were talking about nazis

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    lolobugg said:

I thought that was the SS?
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

lolobugg said:

I thought that was the SS?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852

PJ_Soul said:

NKITB?
    they are IN the block now?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,254

PJ_Soul said:

NKITB?
    they are IN the block now?

Cell block 13!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Agg said:

Well, this is disappointing. I have no desire to visit SA, so looks like no 2015 show for me. :disappointed:

They'll probably announce more stuff at another time. At least a couple of one-offs..... Or maybe an EV solo tour or something. :)
    But if they plan on announcing more stuff, why the build up for only SA shows?
    Because the fans in South America (edit: LATIN America, sorry) are fucking insane for Pearl Jam. The build up was for them, which is fair! Many excited Latin Americans (and one Greek) today! ;)

I'm surprised to see how little Americans care about South Americans, lol.
    :blush:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just_one said:

Jeez.....they played the US in 2013 and 2014, and people are complaining about no US dates?
    Good for SA, we should all be happy that they are getting to see the greatest live band on Earth again!
    And happy that the band wants to continue touring!

People have the right to complain. The tours U.S. tour in 2013 and 2014 wasn't a complete tour. Like I mentioned earlier, Pearl Jam hasn't played South Florida since 2008 and they haven't played Miami since 1994. I think Miami is definitely owed a show or two or ten.
    well if you go like that , PJ hasnt tour europe properly since 2006.

im not going but congrats to SA for a tour there.
    They might not have toured Europe properly, but they've at least played certain European countries since then. Miami is a part of the United States and they haven't played here since 1994. I know that Eddie is a huge baseball fan and the band could make history by being the first rock band to ever play a show at Marlins stadium. It doesn't even have to be Miami. I and many other Pearl Jam fans would gladly drive to Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach to watch them play.
  • Options
    Cuba

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    edited March 2015

just_one said:

Jeez.....they played the US in 2013 and 2014, and people are complaining about no US dates?
    Good for SA, we should all be happy that they are getting to see the greatest live band on Earth again!

People have the right to complain. The tours U.S. tour in 2013 and 2014 wasn't a complete tour. Like I mentioned earlier, Pearl Jam hasn't played South Florida since 2008 and they haven't played Miami since 1994. I think Miami is definitely owed a show or two or ten.

They might not have toured Europe properly, but they've at least played certain European countries since then. Miami is a part of the United States and they haven't played here since 1994. I know that Eddie is a huge baseball fan and the band could make history by being the first rock band to ever play a show at Marlins stadium. It doesn't even have to be Miami. I and many other Pearl Jam fans would gladly drive to Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach to watch them play.
    Pearl Jam isn't a stadium band. They just don't put on their best shows in huge places like that, since their special talent is to make an arena concert feel intimate.... it's impossible to achieve that unique sense of intimacy in a stadium. They should stick to arenas, where they shine the most.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

just_one said:

Pearl Jam isn't a stadium band. They just don't put on their best shows in huge places like that, since their special talent is to make an arena concert feel intimate.... it's impossible to achieve that unique sense of intimacy in a stadium. They should stick to arenas, where they shine the most.
    They've played at Wrigley Field and I'm sure that most of the places the places that they're playing in South America are soccer stadiums. If they don't want to play at Marlins stadium they could play at the Heat's arena the AAA. They could also easily do a two night stand at Bayfront Park which is where they last played in Miami in 1994.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    edited March 2015

PJ_Soul said:

just_one said:

They've played at Wrigley Field and I'm sure that most of the places the places that they're playing in South America are soccer stadiums. If they don't want to play at Marlins stadium they could play at the Heat's arena the AAA. They could also easily do a two night stand at Bayfront Park which is where they last played in Miami in 1994.
    I know they have, and I was at Wrigley (it was cool, but there was no sense of intimacy outside of the little GA pit). And I have a strong feeling that the vibe at any SA show is way different from what they can do in the States, although I'm imagining that they don't serve up that intimacy in a soccer stadium down there either... it's just made up for by the way more intense passion of the crowds. They are just better in arenas given their special skill. But I'm not against them playing Miami, lol! I just figure that a stadium is never a good venue for them to choose in North America if you're looking for the best PJ concert experience.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:

I wonder if Pearl Jam fans that think a SA tour is no big deal realize Latin America has 600,000,000 people and the largest metropolis in the western hemisphere

The band obviously realizes this lol

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2015
    Playing soccer stadiums in a continent with 600 million people and closing the tour in the largest city in the western hemisphere is a pretty big fucking deal... is the band not supposed to market and hype the tour? Sweet jesus, get over yourself white people lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

just_one said:

I have always thought of them more as a club band

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

just_one said:

I know they have, and I was at Wrigley (it was cool, but there was no sense of intimacy outside of the little GA pit). And I have a strong feeling that the vibe at any SA show is way different from what they can do in the States, although I'm imagining that they don't serve up that intimacy in a soccer stadium down there either... it's just made up for by the way more intense passion of the crowds. They are just better in arenas given their special skill. But I'm not against them playing Miami, lol! I just figure that a stadium is never a good venue for them to choose in North America if you're looking for the best PJ concert experience.
    I've only ever seen Pearl Jam perform in outdoor venues. Every show I've been to since 1998 has been at an amphitheater. I am in such bad need of a live Pearl Jam fix that I'd be willing to see them in any venue. Seven years is too long to go without a Pearl Jam concert.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733

I'm still gonna hold out hope for a U.S. Festival date

I think there will be one or two. Global seems like a good bet.
    Hopefully. NYC in September would be perfect for me.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,839
    lolobugg said:

Cuba

They maybe could have it where Audioslave played, which was a square I believe, but the rest of their stadiums are falling apart. PJ would never agree to a concert in any of them. The Olympic stadium looks like it survived a war.

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    As a wise person once said "Where's the fireworks factory???"
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    eddiec said:

lolobugg said:

Cuba

They maybe could have it where Audioslave played, which was a square I believe, but the rest of their stadiums are falling apart. PJ would never agree to a concert in any of them. The Olympic stadium looks like it survived a war.

If they played a show in Cuba I would definitely try to go. I was born there, but I left before I turned one.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,831
    my2hands said:

Playing soccer stadiums in a continent with 600 million people and closing the tour in the largest city in the western hemisphere is a pretty big fucking deal... is the band not supposed to market and hype the tour? Sweet jesus, get over yourself white people lol

White people? Wow.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

White people? Wow.
    Banned!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,852
    nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

White people? Wow.
    lol, yeah. reverse that one. don't think that would go over too well!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

White people? Wow.

what was that guy on Howard Stern used to say?
    "Wake up, White People"

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,661
    lolobugg said:

nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

White people? Wow.

what was that guy on Howard Stern used to say?
    "Wake up, White People"
    Haha, dont want to go quoting that freak.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,831

nicknyr15 said:

my2hands said:

White people? Wow.

Seriously. Kinda weird to end the rant on such an ignorant note.