Options

The Global Citizen Festival 2015

Comments

• Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    100 Pacer said:

The only price range I'm seeing is $150-$175, I don't imagine VIP is that "cheap"?

VIP was cheaper last year, with VIP 3 originally priced at $75 (+ fees) but they later raised it.
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    I can't stand Beyonce, but the plus side to her headlining is the fact that I can leave after PJ and avoid the huge crowd trying to leave all at once
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Agg said:

I can't stand Beyonce, but the plus side to her headlining is the fact that I can leave after PJ and avoid the huge crowd trying to leave all at once

This.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    wall232 said:

Agg said:

This.
    This too
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    arq said:

wall232 said:

Agg said:

This.
    This too
    This three
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Agg said:

^^^This is what I said to a friend of mine. Leave early, hit the bars.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SteffyLouSteffyLou Posts: 369
    That ultimate vip isn't $175 do you think? That seems cheap for drinks and food.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    SteffyLou said:

That ultimate vip isn't $175 do you think? That seems cheap for drinks and food.

it does unless they mislabled "open bar" as cash bar? someone said you cant drink there so even just being able to buy alcohol would be vip, if theyre including at for 175 a head, seems like a good deal.

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
  • Options
    quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    If I remember correctly, The first year the Ultimate was like $1500.
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    quimby20 said:

If I remember correctly, The first year the Ultimate was like $1500.

I was told it started at like 700 or something like that then went up to 1500,its weird that it says 175 is max now
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    those two prices are probably level 2 and 3? Should find out soon. I won't do vip unless I don't win a ticket or can't find a ticket
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    When you watch the video looks like PJ is the headliner

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/festival/2015/#giveaways
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    it's kind of sad that the Global Citizen group, and Rolling Stone magazine announce that Pearl Jam is the headliner for the Global Citizen festival, before Pearl jam announces it to us. Oh well, wish it was closer to where I am. lol.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    mandm621 said:

it's kind of sad that the Global Citizen group, and Rolling Stone magazine announce that Pearl Jam is the headliner for the Global Citizen festival, before Pearl jam announces it to us. Oh well, wish it was closer to where I am. lol.

Why? it is not a Peal Jam show. It should be the Festival that announces the lineup first.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    mandm621 said:

You think? Pearl Jam isn't running this, Global Citizen is. Sure the band is playing but announcing the festival isn't their news to break.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    JimmyV said:

mandm621 said:

You think? Pearl Jam isn't running this, Global Citizen is. Sure the band is playing but announcing the festival isn't their news to break.

Agreed. This is a standard festival rule that the festivals themselves release the information.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    WeirdPhishes513WeirdPhishes513 Posts: 40
    edited July 2015
    Waiting patiently for Kanye to comment on PJ headlining over Beyonce....
    Post edited by WeirdPhishes513 on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    edited July 2015
    I know the graphic gives that impression but does it specifically say anywhere that Pearl Jam is headlining? Because it also looks like Coldplay is going on before Ed Sheeran and I question that.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

I know the graphic that impression but does it specifically say anywhere that Pearl Jam is headlining? Because it also looks like Coldplay is going on before Ed Sheeran and I question that.

I agree, I'll wait and see what the set times are, would not surprise me is Beyonce is last once they are posted
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524

Waiting patiently for Kanye to comment on PJ headlining over Beyonce....

It's only a matter of time
    :rofl:
  • Options
    nails r bit offnails r bit off Posts: 409
    edited July 2015
    Now the question is does PJ announce a MSG show or two around that date. Need to know to book flights and hotels.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2015
    i love pearl jam as much as anyone... but i dont see them headlining over Beyonce' at this event... not sure it even really matters since it will be a brief set set time no matter what

as a matter of fact, as was stated earlier, i may prefer them to play before Beyonce, so if i do go, i can scoot out before the masses
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    And since Chris Martin is the creative director for the event/show I do think Coldplay will play first as he is busy with the rest. PJ is the headliner they will close it out and do a more normal festival length set IMHO. At made in America they did 25 songs why not here.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Will it be Ed Sheeran or Chris Martin or Beyonce who gets to do Hunger Strike with PJ?
  • Options

And since Chris Martin is the creative director for the event/show I do think Coldplay will play first as he is busy with the rest. PJ is the headliner they will close it out and do a more normal festival length set IMHO. At made in America they did 25 songs why not here.

In the last few years, all the headliners were about an hour, that included Neil, the Foo's, Black Keys etc.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    any idea when the lottery begins?
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    The amount of half baked thoughts in this thread is mind numbing. "Pearl Jam is the least known band playing" "Wouldn't be surprised to see them play first" "10 songs" "sad to see Rolling Stone & GCF post this before Pearl Jam". Are you fans for real?

Can't wait to be in Central Park for this and look forward to all the acts playing a FREE show on the beautiful great lawn!

POP POP!
    POP POP!
  • Options

In the last few years, all the headliners were about an hour, that included Neil, the Foo's, Black Keys etc.
    Crap