Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited September 2015
    dankind said:

lolobugg said:

samjam said:

lolobugg said:

dankind said:

Connie Britton, Sunidhi Chauhan, Common, Laverne Cox, Katie Holmes, Tori Kelly and Usher added as guest performers/presenters.

man, that sucks. means less time for PJ
    I wouldn't be too worried. Half of those are presenters, who will just say a word on specific causes in between bands and/or introduce bands. And the special musical guests normally only do one or two songs.
    cool. hope you are right.... I could care less about Usher and Common.
    Could you?

:glasses:
    I couldn't :lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    lolobugg said:

dankind said:

lolobugg said:

samjam said:

lolobugg said:

dankind said:

Connie Britton, Sunidhi Chauhan, Common, Laverne Cox, Katie Holmes, Tori Kelly and Usher added as guest performers/presenters.

man, that sucks. means less time for PJ
    I wouldn't be too worried. Half of those are presenters, who will just say a word on specific causes in between bands and/or introduce bands. And the special musical guests normally only do one or two songs.
    cool. hope you are right.... I could care less about Usher and Common.
    Could you?

:glasses:
    I couldn't :lol:
    Attaboy! :plus_one:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Is the next drawing today or tomorrow?
    Is this the last drawing?
    Anyone have extras if I don't win?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • NJdPJNJdPJ Posts: 40
    How far away from the stage in VIP3?
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    NJdPJ said:

Not bad...
    but you could do better with regular GA tickets on the other side of the venue!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• JedJed New York City Posts: 1,175
    Anyone want to trade a Vip2 for a vip3? My wife wants us to be together in the same vip section.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Sting played last year, and it was one song. The extra add ons do not take a lot of time..talking and a song or two. No biggie. It's was already included in the total time. It will be live on TV so they never have an empty stage. From 3 to 10ish...thats a lot of minutes to fill while stage changes are happening.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Won tickets last week. Driving in from about 6 hours away. Trying to find a place to stay that doesn't cost $400 per night. Any ideas?
    Buffalo '96, Montreal '98, Saratoga '00, Toronto '03, Hamilton '05, Cleveland '06, MSG I '08, Mansfield I '08, Hamilton '11, Hartford '13, Charlotte '13
    EV-Montreal '08, Albany '09, Hartford '11

Won tickets last week. Driving in from about 6 hours away. Trying to find a place to stay that doesn't cost $400 per night. Any ideas?

I was looking too. Hotels in Times Square (Ex Holiday Inn) that are usually very affordable are now triple the price or more. Due to The Pope visiting and the UN Summit. Stinks!
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Just wanna formally thank the poster(s) here who are responsible for contacting me and offering me VIP 3 tickets for face value. I honestly, sincerely appreciate it. I can't wait...
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Sprunkn7 said:

Won tickets last week. Driving in from about 6 hours away. Trying to find a place to stay that doesn't cost $400 per night. Any ideas?

I was looking too. Hotels in Times Square (Ex Holiday Inn) that are usually very affordable are now triple the price or more. Due to The Pope visiting and the UN Summit. Stinks!

I would be willing to trade a free night in the times square area for something cool. Possibly the new colored Mad Season vinyl. Let me know I you have any ideas. I am a Hilton honors member and have some extra points.
  • schappschapp Posts: 160

Try Brooklyn or Queens. There are some "affordable" hotels relatively close to the city. I live in Brooklyn, and can say there are a couple of good hotels in the Cadman Plaza area, and a couple more in the 36th st stop (N, D, R trains). Very easy to get via public transportation... but it is kinda far from Central Park, perhaps 35 minutes.
  • kdiddykdiddy Posts: 737

AirBnB is great if you don't mind staying in someones apartment or house (and maybe seeing them). It's the most affordable. I'm staying in the Lower East Side in a nice loft apartment for $110/night.
  • NJdPJNJdPJ Posts: 40
    derbydave said:

NJdPJ said:

Not bad...
    but you could do better with regular GA tickets on the other side of the venue!!
    Yea not to bad at all..
    But has anyone here been to previous GCF's in the VIP's?
    is it a good view of the band/stage?
  • NJdPJ said:

derbydave said:

NJdPJ said:

Not bad...
    Yea not to bad at all..
    But has anyone here been to previous GCF's in the VIP's?
    is it a good view of the band/stage?
    I was in VIP1 the first year. The view was unreal.
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 480
    edited September 2015
    Can clearly see the VIP sections from this shot of last years...

http://www.crowdster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Global-Citizen-Festival.jpg

Post edited by davidos on
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited September 2015
    davidos said:

Can clearly see the VIP sections from this shot of last years...

http://www.crowdster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Global-Citizen-Festival.jpg

Holy erection Batman!

I knew they were close to the stage, but I had no idea how MUCH closer they are than 97% of the GA.

Man, I cannot wait for this thing.

Staying on topic, if I were coming in from out of town and on a fixed budget I would stay in the Newport-Pavonia area of Jersey City. You can get to CP in about 45 minutes from there(I live 5 minutes away) via the PATH and one quick subway ride. It's where a LOT of the business travelers stay when they are coming into the NYC area. Clean, quiet, ridiculously close to the city, and FAR, FAR, FAR cheaper.

I recommend the Double Tree over there should you decide to heed my advice.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    I'm usually the third pen (on west side) back near center median - in line with third base. It's less than half way back. Maybe this year I'll try for a little closer. FYI there is at least one more row of pens behind the ones shown here.
  • RD81760RD81760 Posts: 126
    @Sprunkn7 what time do you get there for that spot?
  • If anyone has extra GA's, please let me know. Got left out of drawing for some reason.
    * Wachovia Center - 10/3/05 * Verizon Center - 5/30/06 * Susquehanna Bank Center - 06/19/08 * Jiffy Lube Live - 05/13/10 * Alpine Valley Music Theatre - 09/03/11 * Alpine Valley Music Theatre - 09/04/11* Royal Farms Arena- 10/27/13 * Global Citizens Festival 9/26/15

RD81760 said:

Got in line about 12:30 or 1. I know it was just starting as we sat down. Took a long time in line and bag check.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    Sprunkn7 said:

RD81760 said:

Got in line about 12:30 or 1. I know it was just starting as we sat down. Took a long time in line and bag check.
    How long in bag check? VIP line should be quicker, I hope.
    cmalisze said:

Sprunkn7 said:

RD81760 said:

VIP should be quicker for bag check but you still have to wait in the massive line just to show a ticket to get into the park. Then the walk to the entrance. VIP entrance was right before GA bag check last few years. There is a cut off that brings VIP to front of lawn and shuffles us to near the back of the lawn and we filter into the pens.

My other advice (esp to people in GA) get in, get your spot and get in line for water. lines get long and they can take a while. Again, unless things changed.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    cmalisze said:

Sprunkn7 said:

RD81760 said:

VIP has a totally separate entrance from the 2 GA entrances, you should be fine.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    samjam said:

cmalisze said:

Sprunkn7 said:

RD81760 said:

VIP has a totally separate entrance from the 2 GA entrances, you should be fine.
    That's what I like to hear!!!
  • Holy crap that picture just blew my mind... I knew it's 60,000 people but that is nuts
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Really disappointed I didn't get a ticket in any of the drawings, I was excited to make the trip. Any chance any of you have an extra ticket?
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    SteffyLou said:

Holy crap that picture just blew my mind... I knew it's 60,000 people but that is nuts

Looks like the N train platform at 59th tonight! Ba dum tiss :blush:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    Any extra GAs floating around? Thanks!
    edited September 2015
    samjam said:

cmalisze said:

Sprunkn7 said:

RD81760 said:

VIP still have to wait in outside line no? Just don't remember there being a separate line for that but I could be totally wrong! They should get a different entrance for paying for sure....That line blows and I'm not looking forward to being in it...lol
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on