The Global Citizen Festival 2015

Comments

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097

Ticketmaster 100% has a say in the price. They control the dynamic pricing for a cut of the proceeds. There are books written on the subject.

Ticketmaster might push for dynamic pricing in an attempt to profit more off of greater service fees on higher base fees, but this is something which would be written into a contract. If a promoter deemed it unacceptable, they would have to renegotiate their fees, but you'd better believe those in charge of this event were aware this was set to happen.

In other words - I spoke too soon in saying they have "no say" in this matter, but the promoters are ultimately the ones who green-light or red-light these processes.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Time to start the Official GA List?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144

RS65573 said:

IF Beyonce were to headline, the place would empty after pearl jam, so that wont happen.

Neil Young was the closer (after Foo Fighters) in 2012. I have never seen 64K people clear out so fast. It could happen.
    I gave my tix to a friend who did that (leave after FF)... what a shame.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • danimal59danimal59 Posts: 65
    Lots of good discussion out here. Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the posts/or sites, but does anyone know how large/how many people each VIP section will hold? Also, I saw some posts about whether Pearl Jam would perform last- I thought if they were the headliner, that meant they were last, but is that not necessarily true?

Thanks everyone,

Dan
    2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    danimal59 said:

Lots of good discussion out here. Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the posts/or sites, but does anyone know how large/how many people each VIP section will hold? Also, I saw some posts about whether Pearl Jam would perform last- I thought if they were the headliner, that meant they were last, but is that not necessarily true?

Thanks everyone,

Dan

They will play last. It's a fact
  • ticketmaster is ridiculous. I literally tried from 10 a.m. until now--refreshing on my computer and my ticketmaster app--and so I have no idea how some people managed to get several tickets--the system is so jacked. Ouch! I have a long shot at some spares but if anyone wants to sell 2 VIP 2 or 3, I'll take them. I know everyone says they "need" to see Pearl Jam, but this year I heavily relied on their music to get through something quite dark, and I would really appreciate the opportunity...thank you!
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Totally forgot tickets went on sale this morning -- missed it. So now I hang my head after power-clicking through my "Action Journey." I have no idea what I just petitioned, tweeted, e-mailed or called about . . . But I'm in for the 1st drawing. So much for being a Global Citizen on social media, where anyone can tweet anything just to get into a concert. This is truly one of my most cynical moments on the planet.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    danimal59 said:

Thanks everyone,

Dan

IF this is the same layout for 2015.. this pic online lets you zoom.. you can sorta see the barriers of each section- there will be loose grouping of people, and then a tight line behind that- that is your rail for that section. looks like vip 2 and 3 are about 3-4 times the size of vip 1.. guessing it looks like 12-15 people deep by 35 people across (if you condense it in.. )in vip 1.. so around 500 in there ??

http://riot.house/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/15193943930_7fedb564e6_o.jpg

just guessing but the pic gives you some kind of an idea, if youre able to zoom in like my internet is letting me

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
    nycrats said:

while beyonce >pj as far as twitter followers and expoure, pop appeal, etc
    id bet people who fly to see pj >>>>>>>>>>> people that fly to see bey bey

the majority of ticket purchasers id bet are pj fans...

Bey bey fans living in NYC >>>>>>>>>>> people that fly to see PJ
  • No tickets here. Fucking Stones fault
  • dancuffdancuff Posts: 13
    edited July 2015
    KC239041 said:

Did the offer code that was emailed out work for anyone? I kept getting an error saying it was invalid.

I did too. But 9 hours later...now that there's no tickets left...the code works. Go figure.
    Post edited by dancuff on
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Baltimore, MD; Charlottesville, VA
    2014 - Leeds, UK; Milton Keynes, UK
    2016 - Miami, FL; Boston MA; Chicago IL
    2018 - London, UK
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038

How much were the VIP1 going for?
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976

Thousands.
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351

nycrats said:

And probably younger and more into Twitter and way more likely to go for the free tix. Someone flying to see pj's only us show this year will pay for vip
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • sarnocmsarnocm Posts: 81
    AlaG said:

Thousands.
    I saw $3500, then a little later $5000

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

2024 Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    sarnocm said:

AlaG said:

Thousands.
    Holy crap! Any buyer's remorse I had over dropping $175 per for VIP2 just went right out the window!
    nycrats said:

nycrats said:

And probably younger and more into Twitter and way more likely to go for the free tix. Someone flying to see pj's only us show this year will pay for vip
    All speculation, really, as to which will sell more tickets. It's not even necessary to have a Beyoncé vs. PJ throw-down, in my opinion, so I'm not sure why I commented. Fans of both are capable of respecting each other's preferences.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited July 2015

sarnocm said:

AlaG said:

Thousands.
    Holy crap! Any buyer's remorse I had over dropping $175 per for VIP2 just went right out the window!
    Saw 2 VIP 1 on Vivid Seats for for like $800 each plus fees at like 10:30. Thought about it for about 30 seconds. Decided like $1k on anything not called 'the Super Bowl' is just ludicrous, certainly knowing that like 80% of everyone else there is seeing the same show for free.

Kinda regretting it now. Could have filpped one if necessary, gone for free and still made a shit load of profit on top.

#38, singlewithnokids.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    edited July 2015
    I got one ticket in VIP3 - after seeing Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park, the availability of a bathroom outweighs everything. That concert was back in my college days - but it was near impossible to leave your area - once you found a spot, you stayed in that spot. And when it came to bathrooms, there were some port-a-sans somewhere, but once you tip toed past everyone else's staked out section; there was a sea of humanity that could suck you under. I saw a kid almost go down and trampled - not exaggerating. And the women used a large leafy tree canopy as the cover for a bathroom. It was crazy - awesome show - but the bathroom situation was bad - and this was Simon and Garfunkel, not Metallica.

I am going to this if they play at 1pm and only do Elderly Woman and Last Kiss (however, headliner means last band to me - maybe Beyonce and Jay-Z will come out and do a song or two together like they did last year & thank everyone and talk about Global Citizen activism. Beyonce draws a huge crowd, her fan base is wide and enthusiastic. There's no need to make one artist bigger or better - everyone has their place. I want to see all the acts. I'll get there in the early afternoon and spend a nice day in Central Park watching music and hopefully meeting some nice persons. As for alcohol, if they were selling in NYC at a festival, the prices would be obscene. 10.00 for a beer would not surprise me. For those that want to partake - where there's a will, there's a way.

This will be show #1 for me and I am going no matter what. The drive to the ferry, crossing the Hudson and a cab or bus to Central Park takes half an hour. I had some money saved for my son's birthday, but since he has decided he doesn't want to have anything to do with me - Pearl Jam here I come. It's been a horrible 2 years - and things got really serious in February - psychotic ex had me in court on insane charges with my son agreeing with him. It's been hell. I miss my sister every day - her birthday was yesterday and it was 2 years since she became sick suddenly, leading to her passing in September of 2013 and it was the same day my son, for what that term is worth, ran away for the first time. Mom just had cancer surgery and is recuperating in my apartment and that's just the big stuff. I'm sick of all of it and being sad and mad ....

I'm going to Pearl Jam. In Central Park. In September. Finally, after only 25 years....hope to see some of you, I haven't been on here in a while - had nothing positive to add & I am tired of all this negative stuff. Getting tickets today was a positive thing. Baby steps.....
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003

To everyone yapping about the prices going up... IT'S FOR FREAKIN' CHARITY. Suck it up.

Sounds like you have VIP1 tix...
    i like sound...
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2015
    njnancy said:

This will be show #1 for me and I am going no matter what.

Good for you!
    Do not let any of the forum shit/negativity about this concert affect you whatsoever.
    Have fun!
    Thousands of us wish we could attend.
    Post after the show.

edit - Show #1 wow!
    There is no way to explain what you are about to experience.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    njnancy said:

I got one ticket in VIP3 - after seeing Simon & Garfunkel in Central Park, the availability of a bathroom outweighs everything. That concert was back in my college days - but it was near impossible to leave your area - once you found a spot, you stayed in that spot. And when it came to bathrooms, there were some port-a-sans somewhere, but once you tip toed past everyone else's staked out section; there was a sea of humanity that could suck you under. I saw a kid almost go down and trampled - not exaggerating. And the women used a large leafy tree canopy as the cover for a bathroom. It was crazy - awesome show - but the bathroom situation was bad - and this was Simon and Garfunkel, not Metallica.

I am going to this if they play at 1pm and only do Elderly Woman and Last Kiss (however, headliner means last band to me - maybe Beyonce and Jay-Z will come out and do a song or two together like they did last year & thank everyone and talk about Global Citizen activism. Beyonce draws a huge crowd, her fan base is wide and enthusiastic. There's no need to make one artist bigger or better - everyone has their place. I want to see all the acts. I'll get there in the early afternoon and spend a nice day in Central Park watching music and hopefully meeting some nice persons. As for alcohol, if they were selling in NYC at a festival, the prices would be obscene. 10.00 for a beer would not surprise me. For those that want to partake - where there's a will, there's a way.

This will be show #1 for me and I am going no matter what. The drive to the ferry, crossing the Hudson and a cab or bus to Central Park takes half an hour. I had some money saved for my son's birthday, but since he has decided he doesn't want to have anything to do with me - Pearl Jam here I come. It's been a horrible 2 years - and things got really serious in February - psychotic ex had me in court on insane charges with my son agreeing with him. It's been hell. I miss my sister every day - her birthday was yesterday and it was 2 years since she became sick suddenly, leading to her passing in September of 2013 and it was the same day my son, for what that term is worth, ran away for the first time. Mom just had cancer surgery and is recuperating in my apartment and that's just the big stuff. I'm sick of all of it and being sad and mad ....

I'm going to Pearl Jam. In Central Park. In September. Finally, after only 25 years....hope to see some of you, I haven't been on here in a while - had nothing positive to add & I am tired of all this negative stuff. Getting tickets today was a positive thing. Baby steps.....

Sorry about all this...but good for you for getting the tickets and doing something for yourself. I haven't had a great year either and will agree that getting tickets made my day today too.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    I called for PJ to play Central Park for the longest. Probably won't get to see it unless I win tickets
    I miss igotid88
  • danimal59danimal59 Posts: 65
    nycrats said:

danimal59 said:

Thanks everyone,

Dan

IF this is the same layout for 2015.. this pic online lets you zoom.. you can sorta see the barriers of each section- there will be loose grouping of people, and then a tight line behind that- that is your rail for that section. looks like vip 2 and 3 are about 3-4 times the size of vip 1.. guessing it looks like 12-15 people deep by 35 people across (if you condense it in.. )in vip 1.. so around 500 in there ??

http://riot.house/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/15193943930_7fedb564e6_o.jpg

just guessing but the pic gives you some kind of an idea, if youre able to zoom in like my internet is letting me

Thanks a lot for explaining this to me and the picture- it really puts things in perspective.
    2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • mackobumackobu Posts: 19
    Does anyone know what the "Pearl Jam Guest Premier Global VIP Experience" tickets are? I can't unlock those, and they aren't sold out, just the Ten Club tix are sold out. Any clue?
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I think they're the same thing, when I tried yesterday they said those were Ten club tickets sold out.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    From the FAQ:

What are the set times or order the Artists are playing?

We will not be releasing set times, or the order of Artists. With the amazing lineup, get there early to enjoy the whole show!

Pearl Jam might be the "headliner", but I read the above as indicating they won't be going on last. Chris Martin already announced on Twitter that Coldplay is playing first. Ed Sheeran isn't going on any later than second given this lineup, so we know 1 and 2.

That only leaves two spots. If the headliner is closing out the show then Beyonce is on third and we know the full order of artists. There is no mystery so why keep it secret? Doesn't it only make sense to keep it secret if that isn't the order? And if that isn't the order, then isn't PJ on third and Beyonce last the most likely scenario?

Time will tell and we'll know for sure on the evening of 9/26. Right now I think it is far from a sure thing.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    njnancy said:

Beautiful. You, your words, made a stranger smile.

Thank you for that, and I hope you keep the small strides going.

• iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    JimmyV said:

From the FAQ:

What are the set times or order the Artists are playing?

We will not be releasing set times, or the order of Artists. With the amazing lineup, get there early to enjoy the whole show!

Pearl Jam might be the "headliner", but I read the above as indicating they won't be going on last. Chris Martin already announced on Twitter that Coldplay is playing first. Ed Sheeran isn't going on any later than second given this lineup, so we know 1 and 2.

That only leaves two spots. If the headliner is closing out the show then Beyonce is on third and we know the full order of artists. There is no mystery so why keep it secret? Doesn't it only make sense to keep it secret if that isn't the order? And if that isn't the order, then isn't PJ on third and Beyonce last the most likely scenario?

Time will tell and we'll know for sure on the evening of 9/26. Right now I think it is far from a sure thing.

I actually thought the same thing with how they put that in the faq, I am not sure if that was in there previous years or not but what you're saying did cross my mind