Options

Irritating Office Behavior

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    if you finish the fucking coffee, take 3 minutes & brew a fresh pot.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,596
    And if you drain the water cooler, put a new fucking bottle on it, assholes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    put paper in the Xerox machine when it runs out...

seriously, you'd think these people would just be getting out of their cars and walking away if they can't refill something.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

Those things are too heavy. I couldn't change one if you paid me.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Those things are too heavy. I couldn't change one if you paid me.
    Then go and ask someone to help. Don't drain it and simply walk away. Doing that just leaves the next person with 1) the task that belonged to the person who drained it, and 2) having to drink warm water.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    edited March 2015
    My workplace is right next to Optical and the Optometrist, who only works part-time, ALWAYS slams the door (I guess with each patient he takes back there). It actually startled me twice today. How do you even deal with something like that? Go next door and ask him not to slam it from now on??
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

I guess some people email because it's not urgent and they don't want to disturb you. Sometimes people are busy and it can wait. We do it at my work - and there's only 2 of us here.

yeah, I get that. But my work area is very open. everyone talks openly. she is the ONLY one of several of us that does it. over 8 years, it seems more of an avoidance issue than a non-urgent one. she also tried to resolve a conflict with someone via email who sits next to her. it's ridiculous.

Well, everyone has a preferred method of communication. Some people are talkers - they aren't happy unless they're talking with someone, either face to face or over the phone. Some people prefer to communicate in writing, often because they get flustered trying to explain something verbally, or they have trouble getting their points across in person.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

I guess some people email because it's not urgent and they don't want to disturb you. Sometimes people are busy and it can wait. We do it at my work - and there's only 2 of us here.

yeah, I get that. But my work area is very open. everyone talks openly. she is the ONLY one of several of us that does it. over 8 years, it seems more of an avoidance issue than a non-urgent one. she also tried to resolve a conflict with someone via email who sits next to her. it's ridiculous.

Well, everyone has a preferred method of communication. Some people are talkers - they aren't happy unless they're talking with someone, either face to face or over the phone. Some people prefer to communicate in writing, often because they get flustered trying to explain something verbally, or they have trouble getting their points across in person.
    I know what you are saying. But i know this woman very well. And i know why she does it. Its part of a pattern of passive agressiveness coupled with cowardice.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006 said:

if you finish the fucking coffee, take 3 minutes & brew a fresh pot.

My vp is the fucking worst for this. He insists on getting coffee from our station, in some transparent attempt to be one with the people, but he has never made a pot in his life. AND he leaves a pile of spilled coffee mate. Cant even be bothered to clean it. It is like dust. You could breathe on it and it would disappear. Zero effort.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Why do people have to talk on the phone while sitting on the toilet taking a dump? Grunting and fart noises in between sentences. If I was on the other end of the line I would hang up. How gross is that. And to think of the amount of germs on that guys phone.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    cdysinge said:

Why do people have to talk on the phone while sitting on the toilet taking a dump? Grunting and fart noises in between sentences. If I was on the other end of the line I would hang up. How gross is that. And to think of the amount of germs on that guys phone.

We have a dude that talks on the can and I've heard him pop a soda can and open a bag of chips in there.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Oh..I'm being issued a new laptop today. The chances it works when I get it...Zero.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Oh..I'm being issued a new laptop today. The chances it works when I get it...Zero.

aaaaaaannnnndddd, it doesn't work

Fuck
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

aaaaaaannnnndddd, it doesn't work

Fuck
    :rofl:

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

cdysinge said:

We have a dude that talks on the can and I've heard him pop a soda can and open a bag of chips in there.
    WTF???

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

cdysinge said:

WTF???

I knew a WOMAN who liked to eat bowls of ice cream while on the can. :tired_face:
  • Options
    Whoa whoa whoa....I can somewhat understand a bag of chips. "Gotta poop, maybe I'll grab my chips"

Who says "I have to poop, let me go get ice cream first"?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Eating on the toilet just seems wrong. You're supposed to be on your phone/iPad lol.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Yeah, that's some serious hunger issues if you eat food while the smell of shit permeates the air.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,651
    I'm a gonna rent a cube farm for a week and invite all you degenerates to come work from there for a week. Gonna film the daily business and call it Real Cubes. Then sell the rights to the Fox channel. I need some help with the elimination challenges or should we just rely on "office behaviors" and let the viewers vote peeps out?

I like how the folks around me go all quiet as a mouse when I'm on the phone. They could compete with the NSA for the intel they pick up. No personal calls for me though because of it.

Thanks for the laughs today considering the headlines and opinion pieces.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

I need some help with the elimination challenges or should we just rely on "office behaviors" and let the viewers vote peeps out?

It sounds like elimination challenges are already happening above. I know I'd be challenged to eliminate while eating ice cream, chips, soda, and playing with my phone!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    I have a public bathroom phobia and the idea of someone eating in a shared bathroom makes me want to hurl. Thanks to toilet flushing poop germs are always floating around the bathroom. You are ingesting someone's poop.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I have a public bathroom phobia and the idea of someone eating in a shared bathroom makes me want to hurl. Thanks to toilet flushing poop germs are always floating around the bathroom. You are ingesting someone's poop.

How about the idea of when a person comes in after you, takes the stall next to you (while there are 4 other empty stall in the bathroom), begins to emit all sorts of unimaginable sounds and smells, then flushes the toilet, turns on the sink for 2 seconds and then leaves?

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I have to use a public washroom at work. The idea of "poop germs" floating in the air bothers me a lot. For a brief time I started wearing one of those masks - I can them Michael Jackson masks - to the washroom. Then I just started keep my mouth closed the entire time and breathe only through my nose. I might go back to using the mask.

I think it should be mandatory for all toilets in public washrooms to have lids that automatically lower when you flush them. It should be considered a public health issue.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    RKCNDY said:

cdysinge said:

How about the idea of when a person comes in after you, takes the stall next to you (while there are 4 other empty stall in the bathroom), begins to emit all sorts of unimaginable sounds and smells, then flushes the toilet, turns on the sink for 2 seconds and then leaves?
    Even worse, you don't hear the sink at all.
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

cdysinge said:

Even worse, you don't hear the sink at all.
    My work caters in lunch everyday. There are tongs or serving utensils at every dish/item yet some of the people just start reaching in and grabbing the bread or other things with their hands. Every time I see it this is what I think of (people not washing their hands). I now go get my lunch first right when the food is setup. Otherwise I don't think I could eat it.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    edited March 2015
    I'm sure it has already been said - but the people who take calls or make calls while in the bathroom. I mean - come on. As it is I don't like going in when every stall is full - because there are too many noises - gag. I can't imagine being the guy on the other line of the lady in the stall next to me taking a grumpy while on the phone.

Also - now this is truly nasty - I saw another lady walk in to a stall with a Snickers bar in her hand - do her thing - then walk out and then didn't even wash her hands. I almost got sick - I don't even walk in with gum in my mouth, just feels gross to be chomping away in there.
    Post edited by frozenwithsalt on
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765

cdysinge said:

WTF???

yikes missed this - well I know I am not alone in thinking this is disgusting.
  • Options
    Maybe the OP should change the thread tittle to disgusting bathroom habits. It mostly scares me as to what we are becoming as a society.

In the defense of the non hand washers when I was in Boot Camp I can't remember washing my hands once. Mostly because we had a drill instructor screaming and counting down when we were allowed to relieve ourselves. No one ever got sick. Going #2 was not allowed except in the middle of the night anyways unless you wanted to get screamed at so you learned to go when you could. If nothing else that was one of the greatest things the Marine Corps gave me as a bathroom Phobiast. I can hold as long as needed until I get home and can do my business in my own bathroom that only has my wife and my germs in it. We have 3 bathrooms in the house so only she and I are allowed to use the master bathroom. Kids and guests get to pick from the other two.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Maybe the OP should change the thread tittle to disgusting bathroom habits. It mostly scares me as to what we are becoming as a society.

In the defense of the non hand washers when I was in Boot Camp I can't remember washing my hands once. Mostly because we had a drill instructor screaming and counting down when we were allowed to relieve ourselves. No one ever got sick. Going #2 was not allowed except in the middle of the night anyways unless you wanted to get screamed at so you learned to go when you could. If nothing else that was one of the greatest things the Marine Corps gave me as a bathroom Phobiast. I can hold as long as needed until I get home and can do my business in my own bathroom that only has my wife and my germs in it. We have 3 bathrooms in the house so only she and I are allowed to use the master bathroom. Kids and guests get to pick from the other two.

I got gastroenteritis after the owner of the clinic I worked at decided to stop buying paper towels and bought towels for all of us to 'share' after 'washing our hands'. After being diagnosed (and being sick for 2 weeks), I started keeping my own hand washing towel in my pocket. Didn't get sick after that-not even whatever colds were going around.

- Christopher McCandless