Options

Irritating Office Behavior

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    We continuously have to get a plumber because the sink is clogged. Stir stix, paper towel, massive chunkof food (that obviously had to be purposely jammed down the drain)etc.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I once had to send out a mass email about the yogurt takeover of our fridge. It is a small beer fridge for about 20 people. There was about 5 full size containers of yogurt in there. One of my co workers, one of the yogurt culprits, claimed to me that it was well within her right to bring a weeks worth of food. A weeks! And she was completely serious. I had to give her a little lesson anout putting her daily yogurt dose in a small tupperware container out of consideration for others. She refused. She still does. Apparently it is our problem, and if we dont like it, we can store our lunches in the full sized fridge two floors down.

People just amaze me.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224

One of my co workers, one of the yogurt culprits, claimed to me that it was well within her right to bring a weeks worth of food. A weeks! And she was completely serious. I had to give her a little lesson anout putting her daily yogurt dose in a small tupperware container out of consideration for others. She refused. She still does. Apparently it is our problem, and if we dont like it, we can store our lunches in the full sized fridge two floors down.

Put some Tabasco sauce or a massive dose of lemon juice in the yougurt, Problem solve.
    I never put my lunch in the fridge.
  • Options
    I wouldnt do that to someones food. If it was my food they were eating, maybe, but not their own.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I wouldnt do that to someones food. If it was my food they were eating, maybe, but not their own.

This one time...at a place I worked at...one person put lidocaine gel in someone else's food. (for those that don't know, lidocaine is the colorless, and tasteless topical version of novocaine)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    frozenwithsaltfrozenwithsalt Texas Posts: 765
    Girls who dress like they are shot girls at a club. I mean they do know their boobs go INSIDE of their blouse don't they?
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

Girls who dress like they are shot girls at a club. I mean they do know their boobs go INSIDE of their blouse don't they?

OMG, At my old place of employment, there was a woman like that...and she had to be in her late 40s...and she got away with it...I don't know how, but she did...in a fortune 500 company!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    HR taking their sweet time with shit...and not caring about anyone else's schedule...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

OMG, At my old place of employment, there was a woman like that...and she had to be in her late 40s...and she got away with it...I don't know how, but she did...in a fortune 500 company!
    Was she constantly promoted?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

HR taking their sweet time with shit...and not caring about anyone else's schedule...

My senior hr director is literally the biggest bitch anyone has ever known. No one knows why she got into hr if she hates humans so much.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJSiren said:

My senior hr director is literally the biggest bitch anyone has ever known. No one knows why she got into hr if she hates humans so much.

I haven't even met HR at this place yet...but they have the job description for my job and are supposed to post it online(so that I can go through all the proper formalities of applying and interviewing), and still haven't...they've had it for 3 days now...I'm going crazy, I want to get this over with...my anxiety level is through the roof right now...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

Was she constantly promoted?
    LMAO, NO, she wasn't, actually, she was in the same position for the 2.5 years I worked in that building...I think most people were on my level and found it disgusting...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

PJSiren said:

I have so much to say about HR departments...I'll just say they don't really help employees when they need it.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

I have so much to say about HR departments...I'll just say they don't really help employees when they need it.
    My only real encounter with HR was at my first real job outside of college, I was being harrassed, and they got him to stop and leave me alone...so I will say she did her job at that company well. But I have heard plenty of other nightmare stories from people.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

My only real encounter with HR was at my first real job outside of college, I was being harrassed, and they got him to stop and leave me alone...so I will say she did her job at that company well. But I have heard plenty of other nightmare stories from people.
    My wife is constantly telling me ro go into hr......she is in management, ans routinely asks me for personnel advice, and says i am always spot on. No one in my hr department seems to have a clue, or possibly more accurately, seems to be afforded the latitude to seem like it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

I had a similar situation, but HR didn't do anything, so I went to the harrassment department (guess they have more power than HR). anyway they fired the guy, and it wasn't pretty for me there for the next 4 years, that job was literally killing me by staying there.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Yeah...I've actually applied for HR jobs...but they never panned out...I felt like I would be good in that capacity...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

I had a similar situation, but HR didn't do anything, so I went to the harrassment department (guess they have more power than HR). anyway they fired the guy, and it wasn't pretty for me there for the next 4 years, that job was literally killing me by staying there.
    OOOh...yikes...yeah, they didn't fire him he just got warned that if he didn't leave me alone he would be...a harrassment deparment? I've never heard of that before...I just thought it was always taken care of by HR...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I did to...I went to my supervisor first, she was an idiot, then to HR...they didn't seem concerned (apparently HR lady was banging the guy's best friend), so I called HQ, and they told me about the harassment dept.

I'm really nice until you push me too far image

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I hear that! I am too...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I've never worked anywhere with a harassment or hr department lol.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Is your avatar the rock eater from never ending story?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited March 2015

Lol. Some people are probably wondering what office you work in so they can apply there. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

Is your avatar the rock eater from never ending story?
    Rock biter! :-) it was supposed to be a gif but I guess the board only allows stills.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Lol. Some people are probably wondering what office you work in so they can apply there. ;)
    81 comes to mind...oh, wait, scratch that...he likes pencil skirts.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    My boss continually hands me legal papers to send to our collection agency... With food stains on them.
  • Options
    Warming/cooking fish in the lunch room microwave.
  • Options
    I'm no prude by any means. but my boss swears like a sailor. and we work in a professional office. we're accountants. he drops F bombs like nobody's business. just this morning i dropped something on his desk and i said "here you go, you can do your stuff", he replied "so I can do my shit?" I said, "yep, you can do your stuff", he said "so I can do my shit?", I sighed, "yep, you can do your shit". he seriously insisted I swear. his office is right next door to our VP. I just don't get it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

Warming/cooking fish in the lunch room microwave.

Oh man...that is the absolute worst. Then the whole area stinks like fish all afternoon. So gross.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601

I'm no prude by any means. but my boss swears like a sailor. and we work in a professional office. we're accountants. he drops F bombs like nobody's business. just this morning i dropped something on his desk and i said "here you go, you can do your stuff", he replied "so I can do my shit?" I said, "yep, you can do your stuff", he said "so I can do my shit?", I sighed, "yep, you can do your shit". he seriously insisted I swear. his office is right next door to our VP. I just don't get it.

HA! I actually feel like people need to swear more in my office. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata