Options

Irritating Office Behavior

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    a woman in my office who is less than refined, asked a coworker if she could borrow his nail clippers. he obliged, and she walked into my cube, stood over my garbage can, and groomed herself.

seriously? go to your own fucking cube and cut your nails.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ew. So many things wrong with this, from asking to borrow said item, to actually lending said item, and then USING said item in such proximity.

I guess my irritation at the guys re-roofing the building next door DRIVING ME NUTS with the noise is small potatoes =)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited October 2015
    That's nothing. I've got a woman who sits there and farts. :sick:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

HAHAHA. Nasty!

this same woman can be heard often walking by "burp...uuuhhhhhh....excuse me". she makes no bones about it.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

HAHAHA. Nasty!

this same woman can be heard often walking by "burp...uuuhhhhhh....excuse me". she makes no bones about it.

Yeah! My farter does that too! Maybe they are cousins, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    I clipped my finger nails at my cube this morning.

A couple Saturday's ago I clipped my toe nails at my cube. It was a warm day, and the weekend, so I was wearing flip flops. I figured, eh why not....GO FOR IT!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

A couple Saturday's ago I clipped my toe nails at my cube. It was a warm day, and the weekend, so I was wearing flip flops. I figured, eh why not....GO FOR IT!

your own cube. big difference.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I borrow girlfriends nail files all the time - no one ever reacts like that's gross.How far different is it to nail clippers? Same goes for hair brush actually.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options

your own cube. big difference.

Not that much of a difference. I had a co-worker who would clip her nails in her own cube that was next to mine, and the sound made me want to puke, and I was always completely paranoid about her nail clippings flying over the separator and landing on me. People, clip your nails at home!!
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

I borrow girlfriends nail files all the time - no one ever reacts like that's gross.How far different is it to nail clippers? Same goes for hair brush actually.

for me it was less the nail clippings than it was just waltzing into my cube and doing it.

nail files, to me, are different.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2015
    ldent42 said:

I have seen people be completely revolted about other people using their nail files. In fact, my good friend was over once and she just grabbed my (ex)hubby's nail file and started using it, and the look on his face suggested that she'd just taken a shit in his cereal. So yeah, not everyone is cool with that. I would personally not mind if it was someone close to me, but for anyone else, that's fairly disgusting.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yeah, I've shared food/utensils with my closest work-buddy but hygiene items are off-limits for me (at work, anyway - husband's free to help himself to whatever).

Hell, back in high school I was the only one who never got conjunctivitis because I refused to share my eye-pencil with the other girls!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Yeah, I've shared food/utensils with my closest work-buddy but hygiene items are off-limits for me (at work, anyway - husband's free to help himself to whatever).

Hell, back in high school I was the only one who never got conjunctivitis because I refused to share my eye-pencil with the other girls!

I definitely think the line needs to be drawn somewhere before co-workers are leaving dead parts of their body on your stuff, hahaha.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Friday afternoon meetings. Nope nope nope...
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    hedonist said:

I was just talking to the new girl at work, she was telling me how the boss refuses to drink the rest of the water in a water bottle if it's been sitting for more than a few hours (because water bottles are breeding grounds for bacteria or something ), so I told her I don't like to share beverages or some certain foods with people and the boss asked if she could have a sip of my iced tea once and I was grossed out.

Sharing nail files: I can see why people are grossed out, nail salons have to use brand new files (or sterilized ones) on each client -so if you get your nails done, and they use the disposable kind ask if you can have the files.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    My coworker (and friend) eats Chobani yogurt everyday. To me it smells...bad. I can smell it when she opens it and I'm all the way down the hall....That means a good 1/2 hour till I go near her desk. Any other Greek yogurt, fine fine fine...Chobani peeeeee uuuuu.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Always love when I pick up paperwork around the office and there is petrified food stuff or, worse, boogers on the papers!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Sprunkn7 said:

My coworker (and friend) eats Chobani yogurt everyday. To me it smells...bad. I can smell it when she opens it and I'm all the way down the hall....That means a good 1/2 hour till I go near her desk. Any other Greek yogurt, fine fine fine...Chobani peeeeee uuuuu.

That's really surprising. I eat Greek yogurt every day, now that there's a bunch of new flavors by different brands I have lots of different kinds - I've never found Chobani to be especially fragrant.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options

Always love when I pick up paperwork around the office and there is petrified food stuff or, worse, boogers on the papers!!

I flipping hate that. half the time it looks like someone shat on the paper.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    People who force friendships...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

That's really surprising. I eat Greek yogurt every day, now that there's a bunch of new flavors by different brands I have lots of different kinds - I've never found Chobani to be especially fragrant.
    I know! no other brand bothers me. I don't know what it is...but I can tell from 30 feet away if you open a chobani...crazy. It's really my problem and not hers so I just keep my mouth shut. She knows my "affliction" and stopped eating it but I told her that was just silly...
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    RKCNDY said:

Or try to. ;) This is probably one of the very worst of the irritating office behaviours for me because the person often ends up being so fucking awkward about it when you reject their attempts because you're just not feeling it. I can't believe how many new people try to force a friendship. I don't mean being friendly and talking and enjoying working with one another (I'm pretty social at work generally). I'm talking being there 3 days and suddenly inviting you to their house to meet their family and have dinner, where they start talking about going on weekend trips together, lol. Too much too soon!!! If you get into that too fast and realize you're just not meant to be friends outside of work, it is SO hard to get out of that relationship. I have actually had to "friend dump" people who I have to continue working with because of their unrelenting quest to be BEST friends by the end of their first week on the job. It's awful.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    friends w/ co-workers is bullshit
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Or try to. ;) This is probably one of the very worst of the irritating office behaviours for me because the person often ends up being so fucking awkward about it when you reject their attempts because you're just not feeling it. I can't believe how many new people try to force a friendship. I don't mean being friendly and talking and enjoying working with one another (I'm pretty social at work generally). I'm talking being there 3 days and suddenly inviting you to their house to meet their family and have dinner, where they start talking about going on weekend trips together, lol. Too much too soon!!! If you get into that too fast and realize you're just not meant to be friends outside of work, it is SO hard to get out of that relationship. I have actually had to "friend dump" people who I have to continue working with because of their unrelenting quest to be BEST friends by the end of their first week on the job. It's awful.
    and that is my boss...she sat me down for a 'talk'. "You need to open up more to me, you can be a real hard ass about sharing personal information. The other day when I was asking you about what you were doing, it sounded like you were annoyed by my questions, you need to trust me, I want to be your friend, you have all my information, and you can ruin me, you need to be my friend"

uh, WTF am I supposed to say to that? The questions she was asking had nothing to do with her or my job. I don't willy-nilly share personal information because um...IT'S PERSONAL. She had tried to hire a friend of hers to work and they ended up having a huge blowout after the first week her friend worked...I guess she didn't learn anything.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

and that is my boss...she sat me down for a 'talk'. "You need to open up more to me, you can be a real hard ass about sharing personal information. The other day when I was asking you about what you were doing, it sounded like you were annoyed by my questions, you need to trust me, I want to be your friend, you have all my information, and you can ruin me, you need to be my friend"

uh, WTF am I supposed to say to that? The questions she was asking had nothing to do with her or my job. I don't willy-nilly share personal information because um...IT'S PERSONAL. She had tried to hire a friend of hers to work and they ended up having a huge blowout after the first week her friend worked...I guess she didn't learn anything.
    So what did you say??
  • Options
    She never really let me answer, she went off on how I never answer my phone on my day off and made me agree to answer my phone 'at a pre-determined time'.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

She never really let me answer, she went off on how I never answer my phone on my day off and made me agree to answer my phone 'at a pre-determined time'.

Have you considered finding another job? It kind of sounds like her expectations aren't matching yours....
  • Options
    sort of...this is a part time gig. She hired another new girl (the 4th since I've been there) so she doesn't call me as much. I'm on hiatus until she feels like the new girl is up to speed.

this job is really to fund supplies for my own business/hobby.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

sort of...this is a part time gig. She hired another new girl (the 4th since I've been there) so she doesn't call me as much. I'm on hiatus until she feels like the new girl is up to speed.

she sounds a little creepy!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

RKCNDY said:

she sounds a little creepy!
    Mr. RK says she sounds crazy. I had my friend try working for a bit to see if she liked it, the boss pretty much had her in tears every day, the others lasted less than a week.

- Christopher McCandless