Options

Irritating Office Behavior

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I woke up in a great mood b/c my annoying co worker is "off" today. I can enjoy my work day. Now this is only true if she takes the whole day. She is famous for popping in then getting on her cell and telling every living person in her family how she was supposed to be off today, but HAD to come in to do a few things....infuriating, especially since it's totally not true!
    Here's hoping I get a great Monday!

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Sprunkn7 said:

I woke up in a great mood b/c my annoying co worker is "off" today. I can enjoy my work day. Now this is only true if she takes the whole day. She is famous for popping in then getting on her cell and telling every living person in her family how she was supposed to be off today, but HAD to come in to do a few things....infuriating, especially since it's totally not true!
    Here's hoping I get a great Monday!

when someone is like that, all I try to think of is how sorry I feel for someone who is so insecure in themselves that they have to resort to that type of behaviour.

pitying someone takes less energy than hating them.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Whistling. My new desk in near a whistler.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    FrankieG said:

Oh god. I don't know which is worse, working near a whistler or a Chatty Cathy.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Phew, she didn't come in, she didn't call!! Yay! Back to the same old shit today but at least I got a break.
    Now I KNOW I am ready for vacation, my temper towards her gets very short. 7 more work days till my vaca starts!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Last week the new lady at work played Kenny G at her desk for 5 fucking hours. I mean, I get it if you like Kenny G. Throw a CD in, whatever. But FIVE HOURS of the shit??!!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106

Last week the new lady at work played Kenny G at her desk for 5 fucking hours. I mean, I get it if you like Kenny G. Throw a CD in, whatever. But FIVE HOURS of the shit??!!

No headphones? The unwritten rule around here is that if you want to listen to music, you use your headphones (except at Christmas when that one guy gets everyone's permission to play Christmas music). That keeps me from being the annoying PJ guy lol.
  • Options
    I have my music low enough that no one else can hear it. that's the unwritten rule around here. and we're all in cubes. sometimes I can hear my neighbour's music, but only certain songs, like that ACDC song with the bagpipes, and some other notables. I always have to turn down my PJ/EV songs with harmonica in them; that sound travels more than a distorted guitar.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I have a radio with static at the office. I bring Sirius but of course its a Dr's office. I can't play PJ unless we have no patients.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I was thinking about this thread a week ago and the irritating employee I'd posted about.
    ldent42 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Re the sleep thing.... You mean they sleep when they should be working?? Where are they sleeping? My office does have a little room with a bed in it so that people can take naps, but they would only go for a nap during their own time, i.e. on their lunch break.

At their cube. When a supervisor isn't around. To respond to Ident, I wouldn't have imagined it either. I guess it's pointless to wonder if they've ever heard of the concept of work ethic or even owing your employer 8 hours of work a day.
    And I mean how disrespectful is that to the rest of your coworkers too!?! Even if you work 100% independently where no one is picking up anyone else's slack, it's still unbelievably rude.
    All of us here have to get continuing ed credits to keep our certifications. We had a webinar last week that several of us participated in. Sleeping Beauty called in to the webinar and then laid her head on her desk and slept through the whole thing. I guess that's one way to get your continuing ed. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Cropdusting your co-workers, silently and with much deadly.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106

Cropdusting your co-workers, silently and with much deadly.

You would hate me :rofl:
  • Options
    Loud Typers who sound angry with every keystroke especially the spacebar.

Jebus people, it is a keyboard not a punching bag.
    Press the keys.
  • Options
    The work bathroom has a small garbage but even when it's half empty paper towels are on the floor right next to it. Really? We all know who you are...watch where you throw your garbage!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited April 2016
    FrankieG said:

Oh no. That sucks.

The crazy lady at my office talks to herself or at inanimate objects at length and at normal to loud conversational volume. I finally had to tell her that it was really distracting to everyone within earshot and asked her to please stop it. It was super awkward, but she shut the fuck up.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

Oh no. That sucks.

The crazy lady at my office talks to herself or at inanimate objects at length and at normal to loud conversational volume. I finally had to tell her that it was really distracting to everyone within earshot and asked her to please stop it. It was super awkward, but she shut the fuck up.
    "How was dinner last night?"
    "Kinda lonely here by all myself. Ate some paper and spit out some metal clips to fasten them together."
    "Oh stapler, you're so good at that!"
    "Yeah, these chumps should give me a raise."
    :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

Oh no. That sucks.

"How was dinner last night?"
    "Kinda lonely here by all myself. Ate some paper and spit out some metal clips to fasten them together."
    "Oh stapler, you're so good at that!"
    "Yeah, these chumps should give me a raise."
    :lol:
    :rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

My current office irritation: People who come to work and sleep. Every day. And act like you're rude when you unintentionally wake them up in the normal course of doing your work.

Well, Sleeping Beauty is no longer employed here. She seemed to think that actually showing up at work or the places she was expected to be was an imposition and decided to quit. Fairly sure she saw the writing on the wall.

I didn't have much contact with her but her behavior was obvious. I occasionally tried to figure out her perspective but never did. I don't think anything about the job was very important to her except her paycheck. We have a pretty good group of people here; I wish some work ethic had rubbed off on her.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    in the kitchen area: people who wet a cloth and then leave it in a crumpled ball, without wringing it out. it gets stinky and gross REAL fast. idiots.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    RKCNDY said:
    I have been trying to deal with the micromanagey quirks of my boss to hopefully get her to back the fuck off..."predict what they will want and take the initiative and complete tasks before being asked " okey-dokey, currently I am doing QuickBooks and entering her credit card charges for last year, her credit card receipts are all jumbled up and stuffed into one envelope while her old assistant's receipts are separated into envelopes filed by month. I'm done entering the charges, but it took so long for me to look through her receipts it was a huge waste of time. Her assistants receipts were so easy to go through. So all of her 2015 receipts are crumpled up in a basket. I took the initiative and made an envelope for each month, and separated all her receipts. This made her flip out and I am to not touch any receipts for 2015. How are you supposed to deal with a psychotic crazy boss? Huh? Where is the article on that?
    I think I might be way late on this, but might have a few tips &/or 10 page long typed documents on this,  if you still need help!
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    There is a place in hell specifically reserved for people who bring fish into work for lunch. NOBODY WANTS TO SMELL ROTTEN FUCKING SNATCH ALL DAY!!! Keep your god damn salmon at home.
    :rofl:
    This is my new favorite thread! Sorry, I came seeking help, and now might have to comment on all these...

I think I can top this:
    How about, microwaving fish for lunch in the office? Really takes it to the next level

I eat Chobani all the time though 😱 Does the smell really bother people? How have I not noticed one??

(hoping it’s the smell of an old container sitting in the trash all day, versus me not realizing I’m disgusting!)
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    NEVER microwave fish in the office. That's a total asshole move. Opt for the toaster oven if you have one. Throw your Chobani trash in the kitchen trash...never your desk trash. And never, EVER bring a banana to work. If you've done this before then you know what I'm talking about.

I really need to go back and read all these posts! They are right on cue. I just put in my resignation last week. I work for a very small non-profit (but it's still a f'kd up little office!) and I'm close with the owners so I gave ample time to find a replacement. I'm hoping to sell my house (which just went on the market two days ago) and close by end of June. Risky move so hopefully the "you left time on the microwave!" haters don't get pissed at me before then. Yeah who gives a f*ck about seconds left on the microwave...you can have mine I don't need them. Take your OCD and rearrange the toilet paper roll to hang the "right" way ...at least I left you a fresh roll of Charmin. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Why do the yogurt eaters of the office sit there and scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape the empty fucking cup for 3 minutes straight? As if they're magically going to find some secret heaping spoonful in a hidden compartment or something.  The cup. Is fucking. Empty. You asshole! If you're that god damn hungry, crack open another one.
  • Options
    Why do the yogurt eaters of the office sit there and scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape scrape the empty fucking cup for 3 minutes straight? As if they're magically going to find some secret heaping spoonful in a hidden compartment or something.  The cup. Is fucking. Empty. You asshole! If you're that god damn hungry, crack open another one.
    LMAO!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827

Waste not, want not :nuh_uh:

;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    I have my music low enough that no one else can hear it. that's the unwritten rule around here. and we're all in cubes. sometimes I can hear my neighbour's music, but only certain songs, like that ACDC song with the bagpipes, and some other notables. I always have to turn down my PJ/EV songs with harmonica in them; that sound travels more than a distorted guitar.
    I got to that bolded part your post when I remember the one year I had an office job and the only song that came to mind was that AC/DC song with bagpipes. Then I saw you mentioned it that exact same song.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited April 2019
    When I ask someone a simple question because I have reason to think they might know the answer off the top of their heads, and if they don't know, their reaction is to start frantically doing research for me to find out the answer, even though I say, "okay thanks, I just thought you might know, that's okay, I'll look into it." It's like, um, stop, you are suddenly doing my work for me - I was just asking in case you knew, because I thought you might! Now please go back to minding your own business! And sometimes even when I say, "no no, don't look it up, I'll do that, I just thought you might know," they KEEP fucking going at it, and refuse to back off ... I know their intentions are good, but it's just so fucking busy-body and toe-steppy of them, and I find it very annoying.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mmm ... just polished off a nice spicy chicken biryani in the office. You're welcome, coworkers.

Tuna melt tomorrow?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,289
    I just pooped in my cubicle. I keep an old empty paint bucket around for such instances. Spray a little febreeze and I'm on with my day. 

The cleaning crew probably hates me though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I just pooped in my cubicle. I keep an old empty paint bucket around for such instances. Spray a little febreeze and I'm on with my day. 

The cleaning crew probably hates me though. 
    I use the ficus. Takes a while for them to find it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM