Irritating Office Behavior

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

ldent42 said:

PJSiren said:

STOP STEALING MY FUCKING PENS YOU ASSHOLES....my pen cup is not labeled for public use!!!

I used to have the exact same problem lol

I literally put out a decoy pen cup and kept all MY pens in the drawer. SMH the things we have to do.
    It's supervisors stealing my pens too...I know who it is...it's one of two people that are in here at night....I even wrote my name on this last one....it's so annoying...

Rub ink all over one of them. That will teach them.
    Or get the clicky pens and take the springs out of them, when they go try to use them....*evil laugh*
    Keep the useable pens in your desk.

If it's dudes that are stealing pens, but the really frilly pens...the ones with feathers, and sparkles on them...they won't get stolen.
    I was trying to think of what to do, I have a pink pen that hasn't been taken yet...has a lid....maybe I need to buy more of those....I have no where to keep things "in" my desk, no drawers...but if this continues, I may insist that I get a set of rolling drawers....with a key...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJSiren said:

I was trying to think of what to do, I have a pink pen that hasn't been taken yet...has a lid....maybe I need to buy more of those....I have no where to keep things "in" my desk, no drawers...but if this continues, I may insist that I get a set of rolling drawers....with a key...

http://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Locking-Pencil-Inches-VZ01479/dp/B001BXZ28K

:D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

http://www.amazon.com/Vaultz-Locking-Pencil-Inches-VZ01479/dp/B001BXZ28K

:D
    I LOVE IT! I may get that...may even get one of the clear ones and FILL IT with clicker pens that they can see but can't get to....that would be hilarious!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Dipshit returned the pen i had my name on....LMAO...Came in this morning to find it magically on my desk...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    It'd be funny if that person were a member here unbeknownst to you, read this thread and said "oh shit!"

Being a lefty, I'm particular about having pens that don't smear ink when I write. No one takes them from my desk, but if I leave one in the copy room or something - that fucker's gone!

By the way, the pen episode of Seinfeld was on just the other evening =)
  • Options
    People who reply to emails using the subject line.

I send off orders to vendors and we need confirmation so we can pay out commissions. Some certain vendors hit 'reply' then type 'got it' in the subject line. When I get the email, it just looks like it bounced back and is really confusing...STOP THAT!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonist said:

It'd be funny if that person were a member here unbeknownst to you, read this thread and said "oh shit!"

Being a lefty, I'm particular about having pens that don't smear ink when I write. No one takes them from my desk, but if I leave one in the copy room or something - that fucker's gone!

By the way, the pen episode of Seinfeld was on just the other evening =)

That would be HILARIOUS!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I send off orders to vendors and we need confirmation so we can pay out commissions. Some certain vendors hit 'reply' then type 'got it' in the subject line. When I get the email, it just looks like it bounced back and is really confusing...STOP THAT!

I used to have a coworker who typed out the entire email in the subject line and then copied and pasted it into the email....it was only a sentence or two, but still....WTF????
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

I used to have a coworker who typed out the entire email in the subject line and then copied and pasted it into the email....it was only a sentence or two, but still....WTF????
    Lazy I say! Just fucking lazy!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    People who bitch and moan over others actions and then turn around and do the same damn thing later was my fun for today. If you are going to send me constant hate mail over someone else doing something that you think I can prevent (which I really can't) you better not do that same behavior yourself. It happened today and I got told by a semi boss while he loved my passion for my work I need to stop being so confrontational in my tone after I sent the 'are you f*cking serious' email when I saw what the perpetrator was doing. So my semi boss then caught the 'are you f*cking serious' talk from me later. It's a good thing I am good at my job and he likes me as it wouldn't have gone well coming from someone else telling him he can kiss my lily white ass.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

RKCNDY said:

Lazy I say! Just fucking lazy!
    Agreed...it also seems just ridiculously redundant....and I'm sorry but people we work with aren't that stupid....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

People who bitch and moan over others actions and then turn around and do the same damn thing later was my fun for today. If you are going to send me constant hate mail over someone else doing something that you think I can prevent (which I really can't) you better not do that same behavior yourself. It happened today and I got told by a semi boss while he loved my passion for my work I need to stop being so confrontational in my tone after I sent the 'are you f*cking serious' email when I saw what the perpetrator was doing. So my semi boss then caught the 'are you f*cking serious' talk from me later. It's a good thing I am good at my job and he likes me as it wouldn't have gone well coming from someone else telling him he can kiss my lily white ass.

You should suggest they listen to "Not For You" a couple times.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    What about when people sitting at their desks don't answer their phone. That's a fun one.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    edited June 2015
    I hate when someone has all of the instructions for a new assignment laid out in the file right in front of them, but they refuse to read it and instead ask a million questions....

(Woops, that was me today... :fearful: feeling kinda guilty.... )
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I sent someone an email today with instructions on what needed to be done, the date it needed to be done for, and the file number. She emails back with "sure, I can do that for you. I'll just need the date you need it by and the file number".

?? So you stopped reading after the first six words or so and just blatted back a reply?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    It's pretty irritating when someone is a huge downer for no reason.
    An email about some person I've never even heard of was sent out to a bunch of people all over campus today. It was just talking about how this woman who has worked for years in the registrar's office is moving to a different department with a new job. So the email was just thanking her and saying good luck (and of course was also meant to be a way to inform people of the staffing change since a lot of people were in contact with her). Anyway, the email was sent to a LOT of people, like, all of the administrative staff on campus is looks like. And then some people started to reply-all just to express how much they have appreciated this person's help, etc etc. I thought it was nice that she was getting so much recognition for a job well done, and didn't mind the 10 or so emails that I got about it. But someone sure did, lol. Some COW replied-all to say that she didn't appreciate having her inbox cluttered up by these messages, and would everyone please stop sending them. LOL!! What a bitch!! Seriously, sometimes you just need to keep your trap shut. Okay, so you'd rather not get these emails. But they ALL had the same subject line, so why not just delete them instead of rudely telling everyone to stop giving public compliments to a valued staff member?? Talk about ruining a feel-good thing in the most public way possible. What a fucking whiner!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Saw this thread yesterday and read the entire thing. I can relate to a lot of these (loud talkers, microwave/refridgerator usage, people with no common decency).

I work in a cube farm, where at fully staffed there are 25 of us on I believe 6 application development teams. We're interspersed in our room, so to talk to your teammates you most likely have to get up and go to their cube. One guy likes to come talk to the woman in the cube next to me and is so very annoying. When they talk, he's basically shouting so the whole room can hear him. He also likes to venture into his personal business and talks too long. I can tell when she's ready for the conversation to be over because she'll start replying with "yep", "no", and "uh huh" and he'll just hang around causing awkward pauses. He also has a catch phrase that he uses incessantly. It is "If you know what I mean?" Most people use that to get someone to read between the lines or get a double entendre, but not him. He'll say something like, "So I was watching TV yesterday, if you know what I mean? And on this program...." Drives me crazy. I want to do the whole We're the Millers bit, "Well, I'm awake and I speak English. So, yeah, I know what you're saying."

A different guy on my cube row likes to constantly get up and walk around. He's always loooking in other people's cubes trying to catch them surfing the Internet. He once told my boss I was wasting time when I was actually testing a web app that I had just developed. Pissed me off, but was exonerated when they checked my history. This is the same guy who burns his popcorn soo badly that someone pulled the fire alarm, looks like Gollum from Lord of the Rings, calls his wife Precious, and will proceed to get in screaming matches with her about once a week. That guy's a piece of work.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    edited July 2015
    ^^^ Ratting out co-workers for petty irrepevant stuff is probably my #1 as far as irritating office behaviour goes. Even if you had been surfing, what does that douche bag care as long as you're getting your work done well?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

^^^ Ratting out co-workers for petty irrepevant stuff is probably my #1 as far as irritating office behaviour goes. Even if you had been surfing, what does that douche bag care as long as you're getting your work done well?

That's a good question. I guess it makes him feel superior to everyone else. I try to avoid him as much as possible.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    i hate when people urinate in their cubicles. just get up and walk to the bathroom for christ's sake!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I was told "buy whatever you like for lunch and put it on the corporate card"
    Ok cool, I ask the other girl what she likes, she tells me "soda pop" and gives me the brand.
    I go out buy pita chips, hummus, soda pop, sparkling water, coffee (for the keurig).
    I get told, "I'm not supporting a soda habit, you can buy healthy food only"
    Okay, it's your money, I get it.
    I had some soup I brought from home, and went to get the pita chips, my boss ate them all.
    this morning, I went to get coffee, my boss took the k-cups to her condo to use.

I get she pays for the food, so she should get to consume it, but I don't think it's fair that I buy it and count on it being there when I want to eat it, but when I go look for it, it's all gone.
    She tells me when she's out of something and I will get it for her...DONT TAKE MY COFFEE!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

i hate when people urinate in their cubicles. just get up and walk to the bathroom for christ's sake!

I don't know how many times i have to apologize for this
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I was told "buy whatever you like for lunch and put it on the corporate card"
    Ok cool, I ask the other girl what she likes, she tells me "soda pop" and gives me the brand.
    I go out buy pita chips, hummus, soda pop, sparkling water, coffee (for the keurig).
    I get told, "I'm not supporting a soda habit, you can buy healthy food only"
    Okay, it's your money, I get it.
    I had some soup I brought from home, and went to get the pita chips, my boss ate them all.
    this morning, I went to get coffee, my boss took the k-cups to her condo to use.

I get she pays for the food, so she should get to consume it, but I don't think it's fair that I buy it and count on it being there when I want to eat it, but when I go look for it, it's all gone.
    She tells me when she's out of something and I will get it for her...DONT TAKE MY COFFEE!

Is your boss the owner of the company?
  • Options
    Oh here is another gem,...I have a safety vest I'm supposed to wear if I go out into the warehouse or chill dock, etc....I hung it on the back of my chair so it's here for me when I need it, two weeks ago, I left on Monday, it was here came in on tuesday and it was gone....I emailed the night sups and CC'd my sup, asking if they knew what happened to it because it just disappeared....never heard back, but magically when I arrived Wednesday, it was back on the back of my chair again....

Basically they had loaned it out to a driver without bothering to inform me of it...the one sup took it home and washed it and brought it back....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options

Yes.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Yes.

OK. I was thinking that if it was a manager with access to a corporate credit card they're walking a fine line with having the company buy them supplies for home. I know some places that would fire a person on the spot for abusing a corporate card. Her being the owner changes things though.
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

Yes.

OK. I was thinking that if it was a manager with access to a corporate credit card they're walking a fine line with having the company buy them supplies for home. I know some places that would fire a person on the spot for abusing a corporate card. Her being the owner changes things though.
    So should I quit my bitching? I was hungry, and really wanted the pita chips. We're not supposed to eat any of her food without asking first. I suppose if she just told me she ate them it would have been fine, then I would know to buy more. She's supposed to tell me what she needs me to buy for her/office.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307

I don't know how many times i have to apologize for this
    Your avatar is scary
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

Yes.

So should I quit my bitching? I was hungry, and really wanted the pita chips. We're not supposed to eat any of her food without asking first. I suppose if she just told me she ate them it would have been fine, then I would know to buy more. She's supposed to tell me what she needs me to buy for her/office.
    No, you don't have to quit. I think it's poor form for your boss to have you buy stuff with the company card and then not have it available to anyone in the company besides her. If it's for your boss only, she should be getting it herself imo.
  • Options
    THE PEN THIEF STRIKES AGAIN! Only this time he's a key thief...we have a locking window, through which we communicate with the drivers, well, he locked it and I dunno what he did with the key, my best guess is stuck it in his pocket and took it home with him....I searched this office...damn near turned it upside down....so I have to have the drivers actually come in the office today....so annoying....it fucks up my system....
    Tattooed Dissident!