Options

Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    Yes

PJ_Soul said:

I've seen t

Don't YOU find it interesting that the head scientist at NASA thinks this???
    And it's not like he said advanced alien life would be discovered. Life starts with single celled organisms. He also means it could be signs of past life.
    yes I do ! when ever I read or hear people talk about life on other planets I always assume they're talking about up-right walking breathing humaniod type life, but finding life in single celled organisms
    would not suprise me at all, if you think about all the trash and human waste that is left in space one might believe that bacteria could grow and adapet in many different conditions even outer space....
    just a thought.

Godfather.

well, not really. nothing living from earth can survive in space.

that we know of anyway.....but to quote Jeff Goldblum from Jurassic Park "life always finds a way"
    so with that in mind is it possible for life of any kind to survive in space ? that kind of streathins my thoughts on E.T's and my idea that there is no such thing as aliens and spaceships only government test craft.

Godfather.

I highly doubt anything can survive in space without protection. but again, there might be life forms out there that are beyond our comprehension and defy earth science. but I was just referring to your comment about earthly bacteria floating around. because anything that was from earth, to my knowledge, cannot survive outside our atmosphere without protection.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    No
    The way I see it is that it's me and godfather vs the boards in this thread? Awesome.
  • Options
    Yes

The way I see it is that it's me and godfather vs the boards in this thread? Awesome.

no, there are a few others who believe the same as you but just haven't commented.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    Yes

no, there are a few others who believe the same as you but just haven't commented.

Actually I kind of liked the sound of Last Exit and Godfather in epic battle against we, the mighty terrestrial earth forces. Ha!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes

PJ_Soul said:

I've seen t

And it's not like he said advanced alien life would be discovered. Life starts with single celled organisms. He also means it could be signs of past life.
    yes I do ! when ever I read or hear people talk about life on other planets I always assume they're talking about up-right walking breathing humaniod type life, but finding life in single celled organisms
    would not suprise me at all, if you think about all the trash and human waste that is left in space one might believe that bacteria could grow and adapet in many different conditions even outer space....
    just a thought.

Godfather.

that we know of anyway.....but to quote Jeff Goldblum from Jurassic Park "life always finds a way"
    so with that in mind is it possible for life of any kind to survive in space ? that kind of streathins my thoughts on E.T's and my idea that there is no such thing as aliens and spaceships only government test craft.

Godfather.

I highly doubt anything can survive in space without protection. but again, there might be life forms out there that are beyond our comprehension and defy earth science. but I was just referring to your comment about earthly bacteria floating around. because anything that was from earth, to my knowledge, cannot survive outside our atmosphere without protection.

Lichen and bacteria have survived space, and even a multicellular organism has done so. The hardy tardigrade (water bear) survived the vacuum, cold temps, and extreme radiation of space. Inside a comet or asteroid there is a much greater chance of survival for organisms.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,982
    Of course they exist. I seen em on TV AND the interweb.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    Yes
    Life survives some incredible extremes, that's for sure. I read about water bears in a Craig Child book a while back. These things are amazing:

One of the most resilient organisms known are tardigrades ("water bears"). Tardigrades can go into a hibernation mode — called the tun state — one that is more akin to "suspended animation" where­by it can survive temperatures from -253°C to 151°C, as well as exposure to x-rays, and vacuum conditions. When you place tardigrades in perfluorocarbon fluid (again while hibernating), at a pressure of 600 MPa (that's almost 6,000 times atmospheric pressure at sea level), they emerge from the experience just fine. Even the bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans, the most radiation resistant organism known, only achieves this resistance under some conditions such as fast growth and in nutrient-rich medium.

http://www.nss.org/adastra/volume14/rothschild.html
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Yes
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I've seen t

just a thought.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Lichen and bacteria have survived space, and even a multicellular organism has done so. The hardy tardigrade (water bear) survived the vacuum, cold temps, and extreme radiation of space. Inside a comet or asteroid there is a much greater chance of survival for organisms.
    Really? Well colour me purple and call me flipper! I had zero idea that was possible!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I've seen t

just a thought.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Really? Well colour me purple and call me flipper! I had zero idea that was possible!
    Survival in a dormant state of course, metabolic processes must be shut down.
    It is conceivable that a comet could deliver alien "bacteria" to this planet, some have suggested that's how life started here.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    What I can't understand is with all these 100's of BILLIONS of galaxies, how anyone can think that we're alone or that there's nothing else but us. That's fucken weird. Sorry, I can't understand it. I know many say we haven't seen any but fuck, how can there not be. The amount of space is insane.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited April 2015
    Show me the world, as I'd love to see it...
    *edit - initially and I suppose subconsciously wrote "like" instead of love.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wwXeGjrATI
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited April 2015
    badbrains said:

What I can't understand is with all these 100's of BILLIONS of galaxies, how anyone can think that we're alone or that there's nothing else but us. That's fucken weird. Sorry, I can't understand it. I know many say we haven't seen any but fuck, how can there not be. The amount of space is insane.

I totally agree. It's is one opinion that I truly just can't wrap my mind around. To me, it completely and utterly defies logic.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

badbrains said:

I totally agree. It's is one opinion that I truly just can't wrap my mind around. To me, it completely and utterly defies logic.
    I can't even put my head around the idea of space. And then to think we're alone is just silly to me. I believe some satellite we launched like 50 years ago barely reached the darkest part of our galaxy. That's fucken crazy
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    How about this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Knight_satellite
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:
    That's not evidence, that's extreme conjecture. That is desperately wanting to make a slight curiosity into evidence for something you want to believe, just like most of the rest of the ancient alien "evidence".
  • Options
  • Options
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    That's not evidence, that's extreme conjecture. That is desperately wanting to make a slight curiosity into evidence for something you want to believe, just like most of the rest of the ancient alien "evidence".
    i never talk about evidence..i'm just propose things..curiosity is everything as you said..this thing is really unexplained and in purpose i post an ''official'' source about that..and also you said ''most of the rest of the ancient alien evidence"..so, some of those facts are weird ??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    No
    23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    i never talk about evidence..i'm just propose things..curiosity is everything as you said..this thing is really unexplained and in purpose i post an ''official'' source about that..and also you said ''most of the rest of the ancient alien evidence"..so, some of those facts are weird ??
    Facts?
  • Options
    Yes,facts..the pyramids, the Nuremberg case, the Longyou cave's (some examples), are facts..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Yes
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

I've seen t

just a thought.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Survival in a dormant state of course, metabolic processes must be shut down.
    It is conceivable that a comet could deliver alien "bacteria" to this planet, some have suggested that's how life started here.
    Yeah, that I have heard, i guess I just thought of "brought here by a comet, etc" would have meant it would have been protected from the harshness of space somehow.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

For me there are hundred of evidence in the human ''history'', in all of relegions, in a big part of human art, in science,etc..in my mind and in my heart, all of this look right..but of course, this is my point of view..all of this things happen million of years ago..its not logic..even today we can't do some of this things..but maybe someday we found out who is silly and who's not..thank you gentlemen..

But you stated right here, and at least a few other times, that there is "evidence".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    No
    23scidoo said:

Yes,facts..the pyramids, the Nuremberg case, the Longyou cave's (some examples), are facts..

Facts of what? Aliens? You can't be serious.
  • Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    There is some weird stuff, but weird doesn't mean unexplainable or evidence of aliens.
    Crop circles are a great example...definitely not alien, and yet weird enough that those who wish to believe see them as evidence. The pyramids are just great works of architecture, there is nothing about them beyond explanation.
    The Pheonix lights... Well that's a weird case right there, but there are reasonable explanations.
    And so on...
  • Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    Yes
    In my opinion it's impossible to think that there isn't some other sort of life out there in all the vastness of space with all the other planets and solar systems that exist. I am sure there are even some life forms that may be similar to us, I doubt however there are little green men with probes monitoring us.
  • Options

23scidoo said:

For me there are hundred of evidence in the human ''history'', in all of relegions, in a big part of human art, in science,etc..in my mind and in my heart, all of this look right..but of course, this is my point of view..all of this things happen million of years ago..its not logic..even today we can't do some of this things..but maybe someday we found out who is silly and who's not..thank you gentlemen..

But you stated right here, and at least a few other times, that there is "evidence".
    Evidence, not proofs..i used the wrong word..my mistake..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

23scidoo said:

Facts of what? Aliens? You can't be serious.
    Facts of something weird..the Egyptians and the Mayans pyramids for example, they pointed to constellation of Orion..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    There is some weird stuff, but weird doesn't mean unexplainable or evidence of aliens.
    Crop circles are a great example...definitely not alien, and yet weird enough that those who wish to believe see them as evidence. The pyramids are just great works of architecture, there is nothing about them beyond explanation.
    The Pheonix lights... Well that's a weird case right there, but there are reasonable explanations.
    And so on...
    Even today we don't know how they build them..i'm not say that alliens did, but for sure the Egyptians had some high tech which we don't know..and don't stand only on pyramids in Giza..there are hundrents around the world..here in my country we have 16 of them..the one in Argos, is older then Djoser pyramid,which is currently considered to be the oldest Egyptian pyramid..
    and where is all those reasonble explanations??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    And so on...
    Even today we don't know how they build them..i'm not say that alliens did, but for sure the Egyptians had some high tech which we don't know..and don't stand only on pyramids in Giza..there are hundrents around the world..here in my country we have 16 of them..the one in Argos, is older then Djoser pyramid,which is currently considered to be the oldest Egyptian pyramid..
    And I believe the limestone they used came from like 30 miles away. How did they transport from 30 miles away. And I have a book somewhere that says there's the same 3 pyrimad structure on Mars.

Check out Robert Morning sky and his terra papers.
  • Options
    Yes
    23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    And so on...
    That just isn't true. That's something you read in pro-alien literature only.
    Ramps and wheels are about as low-tech as it gets.
  • Options
    Yes
    badbrains said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:

rgambs said:

23scidoo said:
    And so on...
    And I believe the limestone they used came from like 30 miles away. How did they transport from 30 miles away. And I have a book somewhere that says there's the same 3 pyrimad structure on Mars.

Check out Robert Morning sky and his terra papers.
    There are no pyramids on Mars. If there were, we would have images of them.