Options

FAKE LISTING - DO NOT PURCHASE

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    edited February 2015
    I'd be interested to know if cops or the FBI actually got involved in this. I'd be shocked if they did - does anyone have any real reason to think that? Like know it for a fact? And is it really realistic to think that they came to him door and told him to refund a handful of people for $40 - $350? It would be lovely to know that authorities would actually bother with this.... i just don't see it as realistic. But anything's possible. If it's true, my faith in crime control just slipped up a notch.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Btw, is 10C looking at this?? The OP's avatar don't have the banned image last time I checked....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,795
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know if cops or the FBI actually got involved in this. I'd be shocked if they did - does anyone have any real reason to think that? Like know it for a fact? And is it really realistic to think that they came to him door and told him to refund a handful of people for $40 - $350? It would be lovely to know that authorities would actually bother with this.... i just don't see it as realistic. But anything's possible. If it's true, my faith in crime control just slipped up a notch.

yes they got involved...one detective took all 9 cases, communicated with us etc
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    I highly doubt that the actual authories were involved due to the amounts, this quickly - I've worked in fraud recovery before, but then again my experiences are related between a consumer and a true merchant.

This issue is mindbogling... to built relationship all this years with the people in this group only to then rip them is idiotic and careless - I feel the refunds could have happened due to him feeling ostracized... it's not helping his case when he stopped posting in this thread.

The OP is suggesting that he was hacked... With all the information that some random hacker would literally have to know this band, that sounds iffy...unless it was friendly fraud and he actually lives with the person who commited this
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Good job guys. You guys came together and took care of this shit. Maybe everyone else will think twice about screwing people over.
  • Options
    I guess the emails the 9 of us got from Bettendorf detective Payton asking if we got our money refunded must have come from the OP then if you don't think the authorities got involved. Not to keep beating a dead horse. It's over and I'm pretty sure we all are happy with the outcome. Time to move on.
  • Options
    For those who think that the Bettendorf police have better things to do, they don't. It's 5 miles from Moline. Not much happening in that part of the world. :-)
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    nice work everyone, very sickening to see what unfolded but glad for the outcome. too bad there wasnt a way to keep this on the first page to prevent further fraudulent acts and provide insight to possible actions people can take going forward.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900
    Not sure why some think this is not that big of a deal, or at least not big enough for police to get involved. Any theft of $1000-$10000 is considered a Class D felony in IA.
  • Options
    I wasn't saying this wasn't a big deal. You were lucky that the guy didn't live in Chicago or something though. Might not have gotten such a quick response.
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,182
    edited February 2015
    A detective was definitely involved. He for sure communicated with me before and after I was refunded. He was extremely helpful and in my opinion, the only reason refunds were sent.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, i didn't say it's not a big deal. I'm just shocked that authorities bothered with it. They sure wouldn't in my neck of the woods. But if they did get into it, that's great. Are charges being laid then?? Or did the cops just tell the guy to refund the money and give him a stern talking to. :tongue:

I still can't believe this member hasn't been banned, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Yeah, i didn't say it's not a big deal. I'm just shocked that authorities bothered with it. They sure wouldn't in my neck of the woods. But if they did get into it, that's great. Are charges being laid then?? Or did the cops just tell the guy to refund the money and give him a stern talking to.

I still can't believe this member hasn't been banned, lol.

No idea, I have a feeling he may have been arrested.
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,829
    edited February 2015
    Just wanted to give my two cents. Before these last few posts above, I was going to say the police wouldn't get involved, but if they did, great. I'm a detective and it would be extremely difficult for a local PD to coordinate with several victims in several different jurisdictions over a few bad internet transactions. Usually it's ebay or a Paypal that will make the victim whole. Generally, there would have to be a police report generated by each victim. For example, it would be difficult for me to talk to a victim in Michigan, who paid for a service, that originated in Iowa. And with the amount lost, though it sucks, wasn't thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, yes, the amount of money lost does effect the response of Police. I would assume it wasn't a local police department that someone talked to. It had to be FBI or more likely, companies have their own loss prevention/fraud detectives. But at least where I am, the FBI don't get involved unless the dollar amount is over $50k or so.

All that being said, it was obviously a scam, guy is a liar and paniced when people called his parents. I'm not saying to do that, but I bet if that was to keep happening u all would get more of a response from this guy and make his world a little harder. He didn't expect his friends and family to get contacted. Wasn't part of his plan. - Det. Pledge a Grievance
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options
    9 of us filed reports with the OP's local PD and the local detective stayed in touch with us

After the PD got involved and we received refunds from the OP

Not sure why everyone is doubting the PD's investigation/involvement

As mentioned in another post, its a small town so I'm sure that helped
  • Options
    now that this is settled, can we change the subject?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Please Stay on topic whofeelslikeadrank. Haha
  • Options
    dammit...lol
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Refunds should be clearing tomorrow...
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Did everyone involved get full refunds???
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
    Mine is still showing as pending as of 6:45am CST
  • Options
    REFUND DENIED ! An eCheck payment from ********* was declined by the sender's bank

here we go again !!!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    andrew68 said:

REFUND DENIED ! An eCheck payment from ********* was declined by the sender's bank

here we go again !!!

what an asshole punk this guy is

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

Refunds should be clearing tomorrow...

Should be, but NOT! :rage:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Same here. Refund denied by his bank. This kid is going to need a good lawyer.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,601
    Perhaps someone, we'll call the individual Anonymous, hacked into his back account and withdrew the funds that were meant to cover the refunds?

The shear nerve of this Anonymous hacker. I mean, really,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Did you seriously think that a guy who scams you out of money and lives with his parents has enough funds in his bank to cover refunds to all you peeps who got screwed???? Whaaaa?
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    PP193448 said:

Did you seriously think that a guy who scams you out of money and lives with his parents has enough funds in his bank to cover refunds to all you peeps who got screwed???? Whaaaa?

well he had the money at some point. and it looked like it was going to get rectified.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    gotta say I didn't see that coming...... sometimes I wonder if I am blind to idiots.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Yikes this is too bad. Was it denied by the bank for lack of funds or did he put a stop on the refund through his bank? This guy must be dying to steal money, seems like a lot of effort when you've been caught.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
This discussion has been closed.