Options

Enhanced Interrogation Techniques and Torturing Some Folks Memos

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Rectal hydration. Freedom at it's finest!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    rgambs said:

Rectal hydration. Freedom at it's finest!

Now I know where my past feelings of being safe from terrorists stemmed from! Must of been those rectal feedings going on somewhere.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    The whole "freedom isn't free" line cracks me up.

If it's not free can't be freedom now can it.

USA USA USA USA.

We're such good sheeple.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Glenn Greenwald along with all the others that hate America are having an early Christmas with this report.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/09/live-coverage-release-senate-torture-report#Feinstein1
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Sleep deprevation,Loud music,uncomfortable positions are 3 of the four items in the report.So that is the torture you guys are worried about? Im sure tickleing with a feather ,and wet willies would also make the list.Lets get real here.We live in a world with evil people and we are not going to contain them by asking nice and offering comfy pillows.
    These fuckers lop off heads and blow up children and we are worried about pouring water on some scum bag.We are too nice.What the hell are we releasing this for anyway,just stupid.

Ironic. So who are the Evil Ones??
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    "Detainees forced to stand on broken legs, or go 180 hours in a row without sleep. A prison so cold, one suspect essentially froze to death"
  • Options
    26 held and tortured were found to be "Mistaken identities"
    How much to we pay these guys to protect us and our freedoms?
    CMTSU
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

"Detainees forced to stand on broken legs, or go 180 hours in a row without sleep. A prison so cold, one suspect essentially froze to death"

But freedoms not free so let's torture them evil doers.

Oh what a fine Christian nation we are.
  • Options
    Obstruction of justice
    "CIA destroyed videos of the torture"
  • Options
    Psychologists played key role in torture program, then profited greatly
    This is not only a profound and disgraceful violation of all professional ethics, but also a perfect illustration of what the ACLU’s Jameel Jaffer calls “the torture-industrial complex”, as those torture psychologists received contracts totaling $81 million as part of their outsourced work:
  • Options
    "Criminal thugs"
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    "CIA officials (names redacted) reported cases of sexual assault"

Since rectal rehydration and rectal feeding are medical procedures, I'm guessing those cia officials are referring to something else.

I will rape the information of nuclear suitcases out of you!
  • Options
    We can all breathe a psy of relief knowing the the dept of justice is investigating the police abuse cases.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Like I said, very anticlimactic. Nothing new found in the report except how far the CIA will go to lie to congress. But that's not really news.
  • Options
    There will be no arrests as a result of this 40 million dollar awareness investigation.
  • Options
    "Saddam Hussein is a brutal dictator"
  • Options
    edited December 2014

There will be no arrests as a result of this 40 million dollar awareness investigation.

Look on the bright side of torturing innocents...
    That's still only half the money we spent on the psychologists that helped with psychological torture techniques to break them.
  • Options
    Here's the deal. I'm not pro-torture. I've been critical of this because nothing is going to come of it. Nothing. There's no new information leaked in this report. Diane Feinstein just wasted a shit ton of tax money to basically make aware to the American public what we already know. The one thing that will come from this is the CIA will come up with better ways to hide shit from that nosey congress.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Like I said, very anticlimactic. Nothing new found in the report except how far the CIA will go to lie to congress. But that's not really news.

I'm confused first you say the house and subcommittees knew what was going on and then you say the cia lied to congress

rgambs said:

How much money was wasted so that the American public can know that the big bad US waterboarded 9/11 suspects?

So what is the alternative? Don't investigate torture claims? Investigate them but keep the info secret? What kind of precedent would that set?
    The house knew about what was going on. The house has a very selective memory when it comes to torture. When these investigations started, there were re-elections going on. The tide had turned in this country from the American people not giving a fuck how we got bin Laden to eh, we'll get him one day.

These subcommittees got detailed information on how the intelligence was gathered. That's why I do not think there will be anything new that comes from this report. And that it was a huge waste of taxpayer dollars.
    What?
  • Options
    Anti climatic rectal prolapse that everyone already knew about....

Central Intelligence Administration officials considered forced “rectal rehydration” as an effective method of “behavioral control” of suspected Al Qaeda terrorists being held in secret detention facilities, according to the scathing Senate Intelligence Committee report released today.

Additionally, CIA leaders were “alerted to allegations that rectal exams were conducted with ‘excessing force’ on two detainees” at an agency detention site.

In a lengthy footnote, the report notes that some detainees who were subjected to the CIA’s “enhanced interrogation techniques” were subjected to rectal rehydration “without evidence of medical necessity,” while other detainees “were threatened with it.”

In a 2004 e-mail, the report states, CIA medical officers “discussed rectal rehydration as a means of behavior control.” One CIA officer wrote that while intravenous infusion of fluids is “safe and effective, we were impressed with the ancillary effectiveness of rectal infusion on ending the water refusal in a similar case.”

Referring to the rehydration process and the use of a rectal tube, the CIA officer wrote that, “if you place it and open up the IV tubing, the flow will self regulate, sloshing up the large intestine.”

Describing the forced rehydration of Majid Khan (seen above), the report noted that the detainee’s lunch tray “consisting of hummus, pasta with sauce, nuts, and raisins” was “pureed” and then “rectally infused.”

At some point, the report says, CIA brass was “alerted to allegations that rectal exams were conducted with ‘excessing force’ on two detainees” at an agency detention site. While the source of these allegations is not detailed, one of the detainees, Mustafa al-Hawsawi, was subsequently diagnosed “with chronic hemorrhoids, an anal fissure, and symptomatic rectal prolapse.

Lunchtime!
  • Options
    Liberal media

The U.S. media – beyond what I explained above (most would not even call it “torture”) - played a central role in first obscuring, then justifying, the Bush torture regime to the public. One of the most extreme examples was this Joe Klein column in The Guardian viciously mocking those who claimed the U.S. was torturing detainees (“total rubbish, of course”), and he even wrote this about detainees:

They wear orange jump suits, which are probably an improvement over their Afghan cave-wear (I would actually prefer they be dressed in pink tutus, to give them an appreciation of the freedoms accorded western ballerinas).

Liberal journalist Jonathan Alter wrote a Newsweek column expressly demanding that the U.S. Government use torture, headlined “Time to Think About Torture.” It began: “In this autumn of anger, even a liberal can find his thoughts turning to … torture.”

Now we have new examples. Today’s Senate Committee report describes how Douglas Jehl, then a New York Times reporter, now The Washington Post‘s Foreign Editor, promised the CIA positive coverage of its torture program (a common practice among some DC national security reporters):
  • Options
    One detainee was forced to play Russian Roulette while the "patriots" placed bets on whether or not the "terrorist" head would be blown off.

Common knowledge.

• Options
    Sorry I didnt have time to read through everything but what I have read is some good shit. JC you have a lot of info on here, I mean a lot. I guess my question/comment is that in the time following 9/11 didnt Bush basically say he was going to do whatever he had to do to keep the American people safe? And when confronted on specifics or legality he basically repeated the line, I will do whatever I have to do to keep the American people safe. I not saying he admitted to anything, but you can read between the lines with what he is saying. And in the days following 9/11 my guess is that the American people would rally under such sayings.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    callen said:

rr165892 said:

Sleep deprevation,Loud music,uncomfortable positions are 3 of the four items in the report.So that is the torture you guys are worried about? Im sure tickleing with a feather ,and wet willies would also make the list.Lets get real here.We live in a world with evil people and we are not going to contain them by asking nice and offering comfy pillows.
    These fuckers lop off heads and blow up children and we are worried about pouring water on some scum bag.We are too nice.What the hell are we releasing this for anyway,just stupid.

Well Cal I'm sure you guys think it's us.You know those evil Americans with our freedoms of speech and religion.The same ones who let our ladies drive and school girls study.How dare Us.
    Has our foreign policy been a mess? Have we also done things that are not kosher?Sure,But let's not pretend that those innocent jihadists are not a problem.We at least don't "try" to run up an innocent body count.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited December 2014
    Note to JC.Damn dude,Go outside and get some fresh air.What are you trying to get your post count up over 20k in a week? Mix in a break for some nourishment and a beverage.
  • Options
    The carefully selected leaks by the CIA meant that the manipulated public was never given a chance to make up its own mind on American use of "enhanced interrogation techniques," as the agency calls torture. Instead, they were fed lies and half-truths that persist to this day. Even Academy Award winning movie Zero Dark Thirty is based on the false premise that torture directly resulted in the death of Osama Bin Laden.

While President Barack Obama engages in an unprecedented legal war on leakers, the CIA deliberately failed to file crime reports when they leaked classified information because it worked to their propagandist advantage.
  • Options
    ejleonjr said:

Sorry I didnt have time to read through everything but what I have read is some good shit. JC you have a lot of info on here, I mean a lot. I guess my question/comment is that in the time following 9/11 didnt Bush basically say he was going to do whatever he had to do to keep the American people safe? And when confronted on specifics or legality he basically repeated the line, I will do whatever I have to do to keep the American people safe. I not saying he admitted to anything, but you can read between the lines with what he is saying. And in the days following 9/11 my guess is that the American people would rally under such sayings.

Many did not rally.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    JC29856 said:

Approximately 200 people died in U.S. custody, including at least a dozen during or shortly after interrogations.

Killed by interrogation techniques that are so soft rr makes light of them. What pussies, right?....I mean...at least they weren't beheaded, that's a way worse way to go than being tortured to death, right?
    Oh, but these were 'scum bags', not journalists.....
    Well, maybe...But how many innocent people were detained and, as mentioned, released without charge?
    Will we get full investigations into the 'dozen' (nice guess?) killed while being tortured? Is it possible the US tortured innocent people to death? Were there innocents amongst the hundreds who died in custody?

rr165892 said:

callen said:

rr165892 said:

Well Cal I'm sure you guys think it's us.You know those evil Americans with our freedoms of speech and religion.The same ones who let our ladies drive and school girls study.How dare Us.
    Has our foreign policy been a mess? Have we also done things that are not kosher?Sure,But let's not pretend that those innocent jihadists are not a problem.We at least don't "try" to run up an innocent body count.
    You don't? So the use of depleted uranium shells, mini-nukes/'bunker busters' etc - guaranteed to kill innocents, has always been an accident? The US didn't 'try' to drop A-bombs on entire cities? Those helicopter pilots killing journalists and then the paramedics that came to help, on orders?....oops. I could come up with endless examples of actions where innocent victims were written off as collateral damage, as a matter of policy: not accidental deaths. When 'they' do it - it's terrorism. When 'we' do it - it's 'not kosher'. almost funny.
    I'll keep reminding you here as well.....ISIS is a US/ally creation and proxy in Syria. You're deflecting... right back at yourself.
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    edited December 2014
    callen said:

ejleonjr said:

Many did not rally.

Did not rally behind bush? behind his tactics?