The Idiot Thread

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    JC29856 said:
    The primary storyline did what the headline suggested it would: it spoke to moments in history where people stood up for black people against ignorance. Heyer is a recent example of a person standing up against ignorance.
    First let me say, my question was snarky, apologies. I appreciate you still answering.

my point, Heather's tragic death is being used by opportunistic click baiters and political agenda pushers.
    the author chose to place Heather's name in the headline along with a picture of a girl "celebrating her life and sacrifice" by holding a sign that reads, "Trump victim". Blame trump for this supposed rise in white supremacy and Nazism but blaming him for this death is distasteful to put it nicely.
    The author makes great points about whites standing against racist but the healine the picture and opening paragraphs denigrate and detract from the storyline. For those reasons I question whether the author wants to push an agenda or tell a story about whites standing with oppressed blacks.
    Let the family grieve awile before trotting out the corps.
    Maybe (your last sentence).

I think Trump and the recent surge in white supremacy demonstrations are intertwined though: one cannot deny the connection. And not only is Trump a catalyst for the surge in this vile obscenity... he is lending support to it by promoting it as an acceptable belief system versus condemning it.

He is responsible to some degree. 
    100% yes. He is culpable due to the tremendous influence and platform he has been given. The vile nature of his proclamations has certainly ushered in a resurgence of David Duke and his mouthbreathing followers. Bannon and Miller being part of tRump's inner circle is proof that he is either one of them, or is being heavily influenced by them. Either way - deplorable.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:
    The primary storyline did what the headline suggested it would: it spoke to moments in history where people stood up for black people against ignorance. Heyer is a recent example of a person standing up against ignorance.
    First let me say, my question was snarky, apologies. I appreciate you still answering.

my point, Heather's tragic death is being used by opportunistic click baiters and political agenda pushers.
    the author chose to place Heather's name in the headline along with a picture of a girl "celebrating her life and sacrifice" by holding a sign that reads, "Trump victim". Blame trump for this supposed rise in white supremacy and Nazism but blaming him for this death is distasteful to put it nicely.
    The author makes great points about whites standing against racist but the healine the picture and opening paragraphs denigrate and detract from the storyline. For those reasons I question whether the author wants to push an agenda or tell a story about whites standing with oppressed blacks.

I think Trump and the recent surge in white supremacy demonstrations are intertwined though: one cannot deny the connection. And not only is Trump a catalyst for the surge in this vile obscenity... he is lending support to it by promoting it as an acceptable belief system versus condemning it.

100% yes. He is culpable due to the tremendous influence and platform he has been given. The vile nature of his proclamations has certainly ushered in a resurgence of David Duke and his mouthbreathing followers. Bannon and Miller being part of tRump's inner circle is proof that he is either one of them, or is being heavily influenced by them. Either way - deplorable.
    Anybody ever think that having a black president for 8 years really chapped some people and that's where it started or rather gained more momentum?
  • jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:

Anybody ever think that having a black president for 8 years really chapped some people and that's where it started or rather gained more momentum?
    Yes. I'm not so sure that is 'where it started or rather gained more momentum'... but a lot of motivated racists- from the extreme idiots to the mild variety- exercised their voting privileges and ticked the box with Donald's name.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:

No, it's been their the entire time, even the rallys, now your seeing it online and on your cable tv.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:

Yes. I'm not so sure that is 'where it started or rather gained more momentum'... but a lot of motivated racists- from the extreme idiots to the mild variety- exercised their voting privileges and ticked the box with Donald's name.
    JC29856 said:
    jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:

No, it's been their the entire time, even the rallys, now your seeing it online and on your cable tv.
    I should have been clearer as I know it's never went away.

Had the movement gained momentum during Obamas years?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:
    jeffbr said:
    JC29856 said:

I should have been clearer as I know it's never went away.

Had the movement gained momentum during Obamas years?
    good question? the logical conclusion would be yes, or at min it should have gained under Obama. If you watch or read the alt-news they'll telling us it's gaining under Trump because they feel "emboldened". My impression of kkk and white supremacists they are by nature emboldened, they don't hide their feelings, they aren't timid and afraid to let it be known who they are.
    If there is a true rise in white supremacy, is it because of Trump rhetoric, Trumps cabinet or because of the alt-medias portrayal of Trump as a racist?
    Im certain that the alt-medias war with trump, the medias attack Trump style is used as a recruitment tool and rally cry by white supremacists leaders.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    JC29856 said:

Cops shoot unarmed black man
    now is not the time to talk about race!

Mentally ill person shoots up church
    now is not the time to talk about health care or access to guns!

Woman gets run over by a nazi
    now is not the time to talk about white supremacists!

When do you suggest we address this societal ills?  When would be convenient time/day for you to defend nazis?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    edited August 2017
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:

When do you suggest we address this societal ills?  When would be convenient time/day for you to defend nazis?
    you make quite a bit of assumptions there, too lengthy to list. your conclusions drawn are far fetched and your logic used does not equate. I will only answer alt-intelligent questions today. it's Friday and I've already wasted too many brain cells this week on alt-stupid questions not to mention my cranial lobes are still sore from playing virtual twister over the last couple days.

Post edited by JC29856 on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Ah yes, the main stream media made me a racist. Better go to Info Wars and 4chan, the only place I can trust.
    JC29856 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:

you make quite a bit of assumptions there, too lengthy to list. your conclusions drawn are far fetched do not equate. I will only answer alt-intelligent questions today. it's Friday and I've already wasted too many brain cells this week on alt-stupid questions not to mention my cranial lobes are still sore from playing virtual twister over the last couple days.

Just so we're clear:
    1) outrageous thing happens
    2) people and media express, document and discuss their outrage over outrageous thing that occurred
    3) JC is confused and doesn't understand why people are so outraged about outrageous thing that occurred.  thinks maybe we should all settle down and try to forget about outrageous thing that happened and perhaps discuss when time is more appropriate.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    dignin said:
    Ah yes, the main stream media made me a racist. Better go to Info Wars and 4chan, the only place I can trust.
    another spin of the virtual twister wheel
    edited August 2017
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:

you make quite a bit of assumptions there, too lengthy to list. your conclusions drawn are far fetched do not equate. I will only answer alt-intelligent questions today. it's Friday and I've already wasted too many brain cells this week on alt-stupid questions not to mention my cranial lobes are still sore from playing virtual twister over the last couple days.

Just so we're clear:
    2) people and media express, document and discuss their outrage over outrageous thing that occurred
    3) JC is confused and doesn't understand why people are so outraged about outrageous thing that occurred.  thinks maybe we should all settle down and try to forget about outrageous thing that happened and perhaps discuss when time is more appropriate.
    just so we're clear:
    1. 2 out of 3 ain't bad
    2. my post has nothing to do with outrage or real discussion of issues
    3. you took two spins, let someone else have a turn
    edited August 2017
    JC29856 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:

Just so we're clear:
    just so we're clear:
    my post has nothing to do with .... real discussion of issues
    spot on, couldn't have said it better myself
    edited August 2017
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:
    CM189191 said:
    JC29856 said:

Just so we're clear:
    just so we're clear:
    my post has nothing to do with .... real discussion of issues
    spot on, couldn't have said it better myself
    nice job...I'm learn'in ya!
    I appreciate a mix of humor, these boards lack that mix. I'm all for some hijinx every now and again.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    It's all fun and games until you take a bean bag to the nut sack ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfoGYhuNF0
    Jason P said:

ooowch! was that a bean bag or canister?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jason P said:

Obviously if he was with Antifa, there was no nut sack to hit...everyone knows that...
  • Jason P said:

Then the guy with the Kaepernick jersey comes beetling in there to help the guy. Was that the idiot? Of all the fantastic jerseys a guy could buy... you get that one?

Eesh.
    Jason P said:

Then the guy with the Kaepernick jersey comes beetling in there to help the guy. Was that the idiot? Of all the fantastic jerseys a guy could buy... you get that one?

Eesh.
    his Mets Tebow jersey is alittle snug, so he went with Kap
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    edited August 2017
    It could have been worse ... just ask this Canucks fan after they lost the Stanley Cup ...

What it lacks in initial impact is made up by the explosion going off right in the jimmies
  • "My brain's a good brain!"
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    :lol:  Time to change his name to Joey Dumba$$ or Joey Blinda$$.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/25/us/charlottesville-protest-police.html

lunatic pulls a gun during Charlottesville protests and fires his pistol, sorry is this was previously posted.
    insane
  • JC29856 said:

lunatic pulls a gun during Charlottesville protests and fires his pistol, sorry is this was previously posted.
    insane
    JC...

You get shredded on here more often than not... and I do not agree with you more often than not... but I want to say (regardless of how things might go between us in the future)... that I don't think you're a horrible person.

I actually think you're alright.
    JC29856 said:

insane
    JC...

You get shredded on here more often than not... and I do not agree with you more often than not... but I want to say (regardless of how things might go between us in the future)... that I don't think you're a horrible person.

okay, after last night I was concerned that maybe we wouldn't have a future together, at least there's hope.

speaking of futures, look at baby face Borden

http://www.theroot.com/white-supremacist-daniel-borden-charged-in-charlottesvi-1798467504/amp
  • JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

insane
    JC...

okay, after last night I was concerned that maybe we wouldn't have a future together, at least there's hope.

speaking of futures, look at baby face Borden

http://www.theroot.com/white-supremacist-daniel-borden-charged-in-charlottesvi-1798467504/amp
    A goofball.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Another frickin' whack job idiot. Too bad he didn't stab himself somewhere more substantial.

http://gizmodo.com/man-who-was-allegedly-stabbed-for-his-neo-nazi-haircut-1798502154
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518

Scott Baio's wife tells Sandy Hook mom: 'Maybe your children are in a better place

http://www.wpxi.com/news/hot-topics/scott-baios-wife-tells-sandy-hook-mom-maybe-your-children-are-in-a-better-place/599247509 

• Scott Baio's wife tells Sandy Hook mom: 'Maybe your children are in a better place

http://www.wpxi.com/news/hot-topics/scott-baios-wife-tells-sandy-hook-mom-maybe-your-children-are-in-a-better-place/599247509 
    What a loser.