The Idiot Thread

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    here is some news from the alt-stupid

Hundreds of white marchers with blazing torches clashed briefly with counterprotesters on the Charlottesville campus of the University of Virginia on Friday, the eve of a rally planned by thousands of white nationalists, media said.

The events highlight a persistent debate in the U.S. South over the display of the Confederate battle flag and other symbols of the rebel side in the Civil War, fought over the issue of slavery.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1AS05T
    Wow.

The one f**king idiot at :15 punching the woman in the face needs his ass kicked.

I bet I know who these fools voted for, JC.
    who you betting on? relation?

Religion

Cosby was raised in a Methodist/Baptist home, but is only somewhat religious at this point.

Political Views

Cosby is a Democrat and is very outspoken about the plight of the African-American community--but is more inclined to blame black people for their problems than anyone else.

Bill Cosby was born and grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Cosby was raised in a dual-religion household: Methodist and Baptist. Surprisingly, Cosby isn’t all that religious. He says that he identifies with both denominations but when it comes to going to church or otherwise practicing his faith, he’s more of an “absentee voter” and saying:

There are times when I will regard and think consciously about [my faith] and then there are times when I move without it.1

Cosby respects the positive influence church can have on a society, if used properly, and cites the Muslim religion as an example, saying:

If you visit these neighborhoods and look, the thing that stands out with the black Muslims is no drugs, no alcohol.2

And Cosby is critical of evangelists. He says they miss the point. Rather than trying to “conquer” someone with their faith, they should be focusing on modeling their own behavior after Christ.3

Cosby is a career comedian, and as such, doesn’t mind using religion and the Bible for jokes and has sectioned-off large portions of his book, I Didn’t Ask to Be Born (But I’m Glad I Was), to cracking wise about the story of Adam & Eve, Noah, and a host of other biblical characters.4

The intersection of Democrat and conservative

Bill Cosby is a Democrat, make no mistake about it. Of the $20,000 Cosby has donated to political causes since 1987, the majority of it was to Democratic candidates and the rest was to either Democrat or non-partisan special interest groups.5

He campaigned for Obama in 20086 and defended the president’s name in 2012. Referring to Obama’s epic battles with Congress, Cosby said:

And then when you see that [Obama] made promises and said things, the people who were supposed to be working with him didn’t. The people who are supposed to be working — even for another party — didn’t care about the American people. They wanted to get him… I believe he is for the people.

Trump. Final answer.

* Is Bill Cosby part of that fascist group?
    initial reports say you're wrong...how much did I win?
  • JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Hundreds of white marchers with blazing torches clashed briefly with counterprotesters on the Charlottesville campus of the University of Virginia on Friday, the eve of a rally planned by thousands of white nationalists, media said.

The events highlight a persistent debate in the U.S. South over the display of the Confederate battle flag and other symbols of the rebel side in the Civil War, fought over the issue of slavery.

Wow.

The one f**king idiot at :15 punching the woman in the face needs his ass kicked.

Religion

Cosby was raised in a Methodist/Baptist home, but is only somewhat religious at this point.

Political Views

Cosby is a Democrat and is very outspoken about the plight of the African-American community--but is more inclined to blame black people for their problems than anyone else.

Cosby was raised in a dual-religion household: Methodist and Baptist. Surprisingly, Cosby isn’t all that religious. He says that he identifies with both denominations but when it comes to going to church or otherwise practicing his faith, he’s more of an “absentee voter” and saying:

There are times when I will regard and think consciously about [my faith] and then there are times when I move without it.1

Cosby respects the positive influence church can have on a society, if used properly, and cites the Muslim religion as an example, saying:

If you visit these neighborhoods and look, the thing that stands out with the black Muslims is no drugs, no alcohol.2

And Cosby is critical of evangelists. He says they miss the point. Rather than trying to “conquer” someone with their faith, they should be focusing on modeling their own behavior after Christ.3

Cosby is a career comedian, and as such, doesn’t mind using religion and the Bible for jokes and has sectioned-off large portions of his book, I Didn’t Ask to Be Born (But I’m Glad I Was), to cracking wise about the story of Adam & Eve, Noah, and a host of other biblical characters.4

Bill Cosby is a Democrat, make no mistake about it. Of the $20,000 Cosby has donated to political causes since 1987, the majority of it was to Democratic candidates and the rest was to either Democrat or non-partisan special interest groups.5

He campaigned for Obama in 20086 and defended the president’s name in 2012. Referring to Obama’s epic battles with Congress, Cosby said:

And then when you see that [Obama] made promises and said things, the people who were supposed to be working with him didn’t. The people who are supposed to be working — even for another party — didn’t care about the American people. They wanted to get him… I believe he is for the people.

Trump. Final answer.

no but Obama is just as guilty for rape as Trump is for homicide, maybe even more since I doubt the driver campaigned for Trump. We have to wait and see how involved in the Trump campaign once his name is released. Hopefully he isn't Russian!
    Trump has empowered the voice of these idiots with his hate mongering.

Come on man. Don't deny this. 

The video is shocking. America is unstable. Trump is the root cause of this instability.

I don't believe that Trump is the root cause, but he has certainly emboldened these idiots. He's the bellweather, and the alt-right his flock.
    This is what I meant to say.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:
    JC29856 said:

Wow.

Religion

Political Views

Trump. Final answer.

initial reports say you're wrong...how much did I win?
    Three more years with Donny! Congratulations.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JC29856 said:
    Same guy you voted for.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    Making America Great Again.....

American Man in Germany Punched for Nazi Salute
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    my favorite meme of the day in response to the above article:

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

Lol
  • mcgruff10 said:

Lol

What/who is the alt-right in Canada?
  • mcgruff10 said:

Lol

Nobody thank gawd!
  • mcgruff10 said:

Lol

Nobody thank gawd!

Amen TB.
    Just makin sure yur not goin down the 'merica path.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If what I'm reading on Facebook is true, several of the neoNazis who were photographed have been identified and rendered unemployed by their bosses, and one guy is being sought by police for beating a black guy with a pipe in a parking garage.
    He's also from Ohio.
    Not surprised.
    I live deep in Trump country, but I'm sure the professor from Canada knows more about why Trump won here than I do.  It has nothing to do with racism, the alt-right, or anything nasty, I'm sure.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:
    If what I'm reading on Facebook is true, several of the neoNazis who were photographed have been identified and rendered unemployed by their bosses, and one guy is being sought by police for beating a black guy with a pipe in a parking garage.
    He's also from Ohio.
    Not surprised.
    I live deep in Trump country, but I'm sure the professor from Canada knows more about why Trump won here than I do.  It has nothing to do with racism, the alt-right, or anything nasty, I'm sure.

Don't rub it in, RG.

He's ultimately admitted defeat. Let him lick his wounds and resurface once healed.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    He's also from Ohio.
    Not surprised.

Don't rub it in, RG.

He's ultimately admitted defeat. Let him lick his wounds and resurface once healed.
    No way.
    He's a Thundergun Express.
    No retreat.
    No surrender.
    No man left behind.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    This one cracks me up.  I realize it s an oldie  but no doubt it is a goodie!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    This one cracks me up.  I realize it s an oldie  but no doubt it is a goodie!!

:rofl:   wtf?
  • Wow.

I wonder what his next line of work will be?

It is getting harder and harder to defend the police profession (at least in the US). I wish to state that in Canada, we have a problem here and a problem there (of course), but for the most part our police are very professional.

I also wish to state that police work is exceptionally challenging and I feel badly for any good officer that has his/her reputation tarnished as a result of idiots like this one.
    edited August 2017
    Not surprised to hear from Alex Jones. Just surprised he didn't also try and pin the blame on President Obama, Comet Pizza, and Kamala Harris.

Infowars' Alex Jones falsely says George Soros, Hillary Clinton instigated Charlottesville violence
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
    Some refer to Soros as a Nazi collaborator, judge for yourself. Here is part of a 1998 60 minutes interview.

My favorite is when asked about he being shipped off and sent to die and any guilt resulting from he compares collecting the property of those being sent off to die to the markets, funny, if did didn't take the somebody else would have anyway. He had 54 years to reflect on this event and these are his answers.

But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds confiscating property from the Jews.

Interview cont’d

You’re a Hungarian Jew who escaped the holocaust by posing as a Christian.

Soros cont’d

Right. 

Host cont’d

And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps?

Soros cont’d

Right. I was 14 years old and I would say that’s when my character was made

Host cont’d

In what way?

Soros cont’d

That one should...
    One should understand and anticipate events… It was a tremendous threat of evil. It was a very personal experience of evil. 

Host cont’d

My understanding is that you went out with this “protector” of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Soros cont’d

Yes. 

Host cont’d

… went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property of the Jews.

Soros cont’d

That’s right. Yes. 

Host cont’d

That sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult??

Soros cont’d

Uh. Not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t see the connection but it created no problem at all. 

Host cont’d

No feeling of guilt?

Soros cont’d

No. 

Host cont’d

For example, “I’m Jewish and here I am watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.” None of that?

Soros cont’d

Well. Of course I could be on the other side. I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away, uh, but there was no sense I shouldn’t be there because there was – Well, actually, (in a) funny way it’s just like in markets that if I weren’t there (of course I wasn’t doing it) somebody else would be taking it away anyhow. Whether I was there or not (I was only a spectator) the property was being taken away. So – I had no role in taking away that property so I had no sense of guilt.
    Soros still hedging his bets against US markets! Imagine losing more than a billion $ and waking up only concerned about the bunion on your big toe.

Soon after the election, Soros lost over $1 billion by taking a short position on the market. While Soros called Trump a "would-be dictator," and predicted uncertainty and a sell-off after his win, the markets have rallied significantly.

The US S&P500 index is up over 10 percent this year, the Nasdaq is up 18 percent, and Dow Jones is up over 11 percent.

https://www.rt.com/document/5992c12ffc7e93f53d8b4567/amp

Maybe we need an "A-hole thread" to go with the idiot thread.....

Teen arrested after Holocaust Memorial vandalized 

Trump retweets then deletes post calling him a fascist 
  • Maybe we need an "A-hole thread" to go with the idiot thread.....

Teen arrested after Holocaust Memorial vandalized 
    Feed him the broken glass so at least he gets a better appreciation for that.

What an idiot.
    http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/attorney-assigned-to-represent-fields-is-plaintiff-in-statue-removal/article_f68afefc-80fa-11e7-833a-93940dec663a.html

A Charlottesville defense attorney assigned to represent the man accused of murder in the death of an Albemarle County woman by ramming his car into a crowd protesting Saturday’s white nationalist rally is a former Republican candidate for the City Council and a plaintiff in the lawsuit against the city regarding the removal of Confederate statues.

James Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Maumee, Ohio, is being held at the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail without bond until he can meet with an attorney.

Fields is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Heather Heyer, 32, three counts of malicious wounding and one count of hit-and-run resulting in death.

Downer said a member of the Charlottesville Public Defender’s Office has a conflict of interest with Fields regarding the incident and that the office could not represent Fields. He then appointed Weber, a local defense attorney who is on a list of local public defenders, to represent Fields.

I wouldn't want to be a defendant anywhere near a court that only has one public defender.

HEADLINE
    PHOTO

No political agenda pushing here, journalistic integrity not opportunism. It was the best photo they could find.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/08/16/heather-heyer-is-part-of-a-long-tradition-of-white-anti-racism-activists/

• JC29856 said:
    HEADLINE
    PHOTO

No political agenda pushing here, journalistic integrity not opportunism. It was the best photo they could find.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/08/16/heather-heyer-is-part-of-a-long-tradition-of-white-anti-racism-activists/

I'm not sure what you are getting at?

The photo encapsulates the movement she participated in. It is much more relevant than her high school graduation photo.
    JC29856 said:
    HEADLINE
    PHOTO

I'm not sure what you are getting at?

The photo encapsulates the movement she participated in. It is much more relevant than her high school graduation photo.

I think you and I would be better off discussing guitarists but you can convince me otherwise by answering this simple question...what was the primary storyline of that article?
  • The primary storyline did what the headline suggested it would: it spoke to moments in history where people stood up for black people against ignorance. Heyer is a recent example of a person standing up against ignorance.
    edited August 2017
    The primary storyline did what the headline suggested it would: it spoke to moments in history where people stood up for black people against ignorance. Heyer is a recent example of a person standing up against ignorance.
    First let me say, my question was snarky, apologies. I appreciate you still answering.

my point, Heather's tragic death is being used by opportunistic click baiters and political agenda pushers.
    the author chose to place Heather's name in the headline along with a picture of a girl "celebrating her life and sacrifice" by holding a sign that reads, "Trump victim". Blame trump for this supposed rise in white supremacy and Nazism but blaming him for this death is distasteful to put it nicely.
    The author makes great points about whites standing against racist but the healine the picture and opening paragraphs denigrate and detract from the storyline. For those reasons I question whether the author wants to push an agenda or tell a story about whites standing with oppressed blacks.
    Let the family grieve awile before trotting out the corps.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • JC29856 said:
    The primary storyline did what the headline suggested it would: it spoke to moments in history where people stood up for black people against ignorance. Heyer is a recent example of a person standing up against ignorance.
    First let me say, my question was snarky, apologies. I appreciate you still answering.

my point, Heather's tragic death is being used by opportunistic click baiters and political agenda pushers.
    the author chose to place Heather's name in the headline along with a picture of a girl "celebrating her life and sacrifice" by holding a sign that reads, "Trump victim". Blame trump for this supposed rise in white supremacy and Nazism but blaming him for this death is distasteful to put it nicely.
    The author makes great points about whites standing against racist but the healine the picture and opening paragraphs denigrate and detract from the storyline. For those reasons I question whether the author wants to push an agenda or tell a story about whites standing with oppressed blacks.
    Let the family grieve awile before trotting out the corps.
    Maybe (your last sentence).

I think Trump and the recent surge in white supremacy demonstrations are intertwined though: one cannot deny the connection. And not only is Trump a catalyst for the surge in this vile obscenity... he is lending support to it by promoting it as an acceptable belief system versus condemning it.

He is responsible to some degree.