Options

Now back to Israel as usual

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Keeping things fair on here,it's important to point out the violence perpetrated on both sides.There is in my opinion an excessive amount of vitriol and negativity cast toward the Israelis.A lot of bashing.Dont get me wrong they are not angels and deserve the critique and by no means have no blood on their hands for many horrible actions.
    There is not much discussion about the violence and unrest caused from the other side.The murder in the synagogue is just an act of evil against innocents and is no better then bombing kids playing soccer.
    I get some of the posters on this board hate and anger toward Israel but that should be directed to the state and not the gen population.Much like Not holding all Muslims responsible for the acts of a few.Its my opinion some of the views do borderline on inappropriate and I think it walks a slippery slope.
    All the talk in about 3 threads are all anti Israel.Must be careful where there is smoke many times fire is not far behind.I noticed during the "Israel attacked America"Thread how minor that bit of history was compared to atrocities perpetrated by other allies we have.Does japan,Gemany,Vietnam, also have a much worse record of violence,spying and murder against us then Israel.How about France and it's actions in the past......
    Just my 2cents.All war sucks,all violence sucks all countries are guilty of stupid actions.Why are we singling out the Jews???

it is not about them being jews. their government is rogue and thuggish. that is why i rage against them. i couldn't care less if they are jewish, atheist, catholic, whatever. the policies of their government are what is driving my anger at them.
    That is a fair response.How do you feel about Hammas on the other side Rod?
    sorry i did not see this when i was posting the other posts.

i don't particularly care for them. i see them as necessary. nobody else is defending the palestinians. sometimes they hurt their cause, like when they do things like what happened today. but without them, israel would have more of the palestinian land than they already have. plus they give israel an excuse to keep the oppression going. why else would israel allow them to exist?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    yosi said:

yosi said:

No. That is not fair enough. Innocent until proven guilty. The implication is clearly that perhaps these rabbis had it coming. That is foul and disgusting. This guy is an apologist for murderers. I can't believe this discussion is even happening.

if they were 4 mullahs would you be as outraged?
    Yes.
    i am glad we agree.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    List of Israelis on CNN today
    Dersh​owitz​ -twice
    ​Michael ​Oren.
    ​Ron ​Prosor
    ​Mark ​Regev
    ​Nir ​Barakat
    M. Rosenfeld
    Palestinians​:​ 0
  • Options
    yosi said:

rr165892 said:

Dancing in the streets,handing out candy and celebrating.Thats what Hammas was doing to celebrate the murder of the Rabbis.(CBS evening news).Fucking sickening!!!!! I guess terrorist attacks on innocent people are something to celebrate.

that is the same shit that was reported before. it was this big outrage that palestinian kids were photographed holding up the two fingers, "V for Victory" symbol, when they were actually holding up a fucking peace sign for the camera. a simple picture became propaganda to cultivate american anti muslim sentiment. and it worked.

i do not trust cbs at all. remember, lara logan's completely fabricated report centered on a lying discredited source? remember cbs reported falsely on cw bush's service record? you know, the one that cost dan rather his job?
    Really? You're denying that segments of the Palestinian population celebrate terror attacks? This has been common knowledge for so long that it's not even worth mentioning anymore. It happens every time there is a terror attack. It happens. Deal with it.
    if i were palestinian and just now recovering from the drubbing israel rained down on gaza, i would probably be celebrating too. we have seen ample evidence that certain segments of the population on both sides celebrate when things like this happen to either side. is it wrong? yes. but is it as wrong as the murders themselves? the entire situation over there is wrong. all of this is a symptom of the situation.

• Options
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

So the discussion mirrors the conflict? Acts of violence against innocent people are ok if they are in retaliation to something else?The cycle has to end.Peace can't be achieved without someone taking the high road.

it is hard to take a high road when roads in israel are segregated...

just saying....

these petty attacks are a symptom of the conflict and occupation. not the cause of it.
    True,But still wrong and not justified.Murder for whatever reason is Murder
    agreed. dropping bombs in conflict is murder too. just less personal than today's attacks.

• Options
    Understanding Israel's Increasing Grip on Jerusal…: http://youtu.be/jy3qq7sSH9I
  • Options
    yosi said:

rr165892 said:

So the discussion mirrors the conflict? Acts of violence against innocent people are ok if they are in retaliation to something else?The cycle has to end.Peace can't be achieved without someone taking the high road.

it is hard to take a high road when roads in israel are segregated...

just saying....

these petty attacks are a symptom of the conflict and occupation. not the cause of it.
    They're not segregated in Israel. In Israel Jews and Arabs share the same roads. They're segregated in the occupied West Bank, which isn't part of Israel. I know distinctions are annoying for you to deal with, but in the interest of honest conversation perhaps we could acknowledge reality.

And I think it's kind of disgusting to refer to murder as "petty attacks."
    ISRAEL’S SEGREGATED ROADS

One of the most blatant examples of the segregation imposed by Israel on Palestinians is the system of roads built in the West Bank exclusively for Israeli Jewish settlers. West Bank Palestinians are denied the right to travel on these segregated roads. The separate road system for Palestinians is often unpaved and in some cases is little more than a trail, rather than an actual road.

Meanwhile, a modern freeway system designed to link illegal Jewish settlements to each other and to Israel proper has been built for Jewish Israelis. Vehicles with Palestinian licenses are completely prohibited from traveling on approximately 105 kilometers of West Bank roads, according to the Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem. Palestinians can travel on the remaining 180 kilometers of Israeli-built roads in the West Bank only if they can obtain a special permit or if they travel in an ambulance. The Israeli road system crisscrosses the West Bank in a way that seems designed to prevent the formation of a contiguous and viable Palestinian state.

Within Israel itself, Palestinians from the West Bank or Gaza are prohibited from driving on Israeli roads. Israeli citizens also cannot bring Palestinians into Israel through passages designated for Israelis only.

Sources:
    “Separate and Unequal,” a report by Human Rights Watch.
    An Israeli in Palestine, by Jeff Halper.
    "Restriction of Movement," by B'Tselem: The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the OccupiedTerritories. http://www.btselem.org/freedom_of_movement/checkpoints_and_forbidden_roads

http://www.seamac.org/SegregatedRoads.htm

is that still the policy?

i mistyped about segregated roads, but i have seen the above information posted on other sites.

by "petty" i was referring to the tit for tat attacks like this. one palestinian kills 2 israelis, a gang of israelis kill a few palestinians and it escalates. the whole thing is so immature to me. petty may have been a poor choice of words, but at this point these attacks are strictly hate crimes and revenge/retribution crimes.

• Options
    JC29856 said:

Dersh​owitz​ -twice
    ​Michael ​Oren.
    ​Ron ​Prosor
    ​Mark ​Regev
    ​Nir ​Barakat
    M. Rosenfeld

of course. this is something palestinians did to israelis. of course cnn is going to go with all israelis on the tele today. when israel was blowing up gaza, there were a lot of palestinians on there.

• Options

JC29856 said:

Dersh​owitz​ -twice
    ​Michael ​Oren.
    ​Ron ​Prosor
    ​Mark ​Regev
    ​Nir ​Barakat
    M. Rosenfeld

of course. this is something palestinians did to israelis. of course cnn is going to go with all israelis on the tele today. when israel was blowing up gaza, there were a lot of palestinians on there.
    Names?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    edited November 2014
    JC29856 said:

Dersh​owitz​ -twice
    ​Michael ​Oren.
    ​Ron ​Prosor
    ​Mark ​Regev
    ​Nir ​Barakat
    M. Rosenfeld

Dershowitz? Alan Dershowitz?
    Not an Israeli.
    He's American born in Brooklyn, NY
    He's Jewish
    Doesn't make him Israeli

• Options

JC29856 said:

Dersh​owitz​ -twice
    ​Michael ​Oren.
    ​Ron ​Prosor
    ​Mark ​Regev
    ​Nir ​Barakat
    M. Rosenfeld

Not an Israeli.
    He's Jewish
    Doesn't make him Israeli

dershowitz is a huge israeli apologist. he is pro-israeli policies.

• Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Dersh​owitz​ -twice
    ​Michael ​Oren.
    ​Ron ​Prosor
    ​Mark ​Regev
    ​Nir ​Barakat
    M. Rosenfeld

Names?
    i don't remember the names. it was 5 months ago. all i know is people were pissed off because palestinians "winning the media war."

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561

JC29856 said:

Dersh​owitz​ -twice
    ​Michael ​Oren.
    ​Ron ​Prosor
    ​Mark ​Regev
    ​Nir ​Barakat
    M. Rosenfeld

Not an Israeli.
    He's Jewish
    Doesn't make him Israeli

dershowitz is a huge israeli apologist. he is pro-israeli policies.
    That's all very true
    But none of that makes him an actual Israeli.
    He was listed in a previous post as an Israeli.
    Being a Jew and being pro-Israel doesn't make you an Israeli.
  • Options
    if people are so offended about people handing out candy today, let's examine this.

95% of israelis supported israel's summer massacre in gaza.

95%.

plus, i remember byrnzie posted about how israelis chanted in the streets "in gaza there's no studying. no children are left there. ole ole ole. i hate all the arabs. gaza is a graveyard, gaza is a graveyard."

so yes it goes both ways.

• Options
    UN: Israeli forces injured 454 Palestinians 10/28-11/10, most in East J'lem; shot & blinded child on 11/13, fractured child's skull on 11/14
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited November 2014
    JC29856 said:
    Well having read the article it shouldn't be about who gets the most Publicity...People are still being Murdered and the focus should be on how to stop that.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rr165892 said:

Dancing in the streets,handing out candy and celebrating.Thats what Hammas was doing to celebrate the murder of the Rabbis.(CBS evening news).Fucking sickening!!!!! I guess terrorist attacks on innocent people are something to celebrate.

No different then Israelis sitting atop the hill and watching the bombs drop on gaza, oh and all while enjoying dinner. My how "quickly" we forget.
  • Options
    yosi said:

rr165892 said:

that is the same shit that was reported before. it was this big outrage that palestinian kids were photographed holding up the two fingers, "V for Victory" symbol, when they were actually holding up a fucking peace sign for the camera. a simple picture became propaganda to cultivate american anti muslim sentiment. and it worked.

i do not trust cbs at all. remember, lara logan's completely fabricated report centered on a lying discredited source? remember cbs reported falsely on cw bush's service record? you know, the one that cost dan rather his job?
    Really? You're denying that segments of the Palestinian population celebrate terror attacks? This has been common knowledge for so long that it's not even worth mentioning anymore. It happens every time there is a terror attack. It happens. Deal with it.
    No different then the Israelis singing "death to ALL Arabs!" During the gaza onslaught, no? BOTH sides cheer, don't sit here and make 1 side angels while the other is satan. Amazing, over 2000+ dead civilians in gaza and NOT A SINGLE PEEP from you. 4 rabbis get murdered and look who pops his head in in anger. :-?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    badbrains said:

yosi said:

rr165892 said:

No different then the Israelis singing "death to ALL Arabs!" During the gaza onslaught, no? BOTH sides cheer, don't sit here and make 1 side angels while the other is satan. Amazing, over 2000+ dead civilians in gaza and NOT A SINGLE PEEP from you. 4 rabbis get murdered and look who pops his head in in anger. :-?
    Good point. Not showing very much credibility there.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    badbrains said:

rr165892 said:

No different then Israelis sitting atop the hill and watching the bombs drop on gaza, oh and all while enjoying dinner. My how "quickly" we forget.
    Nart,Equally as appalling and disgusting human behavior.If it was 4 Imams murdered by 2 Hasidic Jews ,I would be equally outraged at the act.No one side here can claim righteousness.

Rod,I concur that during the summer conflict there was numerous horrible acts by they Israelis,again equally as disturbing.But it was all wrapped up into the war.This latest act was just murder(no matter the motivation).No justification for attacks against civilians from either side can be tolerated.
  • Options
    The whole situation is at a Point now that the aggressor or who's right or who's wrong has been lost and we're just at the point where both sides are retaliating...Who would be the first side to lay down there weapons and say enough is enough no more killing I wonder.
  • Options
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6181360

Now let the retaliation begin.
  • Options
    "In one of Israel's first acts of retaliation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the demolitions of the homes of the attackers."

So pity that there maybe Innocent family members living in those homes.
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:

"In one of Israel's first acts of retaliation, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered the demolitions of the homes of the attackers."

So pity that there maybe Innocent family members living in those homes.

Unfortunately, this is just the start to another "cam-PAIN"
This discussion has been closed.