Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    I really had thought that we had come to a consensus that there are injustices occurring daily within the region from Israeli Jews, towards non-Jews as well as towards Mizrahi Jews and Ethiopian Jews. So, for anyone who's been living under a rock for the last, say, 66 years, you should be blown away to find out that this is happening, and I expect anger and disgust. For anyone else - there's great content in here to remind you and let that anger and disgust resurface.

So now that we're all on the same page, what's our next step? This is where we always seem to arrive at, and then falter. We've recognized issues time and time again. How can we push forward to rectify them? If we learn about these issues and let their only byproducts be anger and disgust - we've failed. Isn't the point of being aware to drive change? If not, I'd like to go back to my state of ignorance. It wasn't blissful, but it was less miserable.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    I want to hear Yosi address whats been presented. The ONLY change from Israel will come from within. I would very much like to hear from him regarding possible solutions that are achievable.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I agree with you, mickeyrat. For what it's worth, pretty sure Yosi has told me in the past that he's American, just that he's spent significant time in Israel. I don't know where Rafie left to, but he'd be a good voice to hear as well.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    benjs said:

I agree with you, mickeyrat. For what it's worth, pretty sure Yosi has told me in the past that he's American, just that he's spent significant time in Israel. I don't know where Rafie left to, but he'd be a good voice to hear as well.

He doesn't post in AMT as often as elsewhere on the site. But I'd be interested to hear his perspective as well.

Yosi holds dual citizenship doesnt he?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

benjs said:

He doesn't post in AMT as often as elsewhere on the site. But I'd be interested to hear his perspective as well.

Yosi holds dual citizenship doesnt he?
    I'm not too sure - hopefully he'll come around again and answer :)

EV
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    i saw today that the united states and israel are the only two countries who voted to uphold the 50 year embargo on cuba.

also, i saw that an obama official called netanyahu a "chickenshit".
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,646
    Not a dual citizen. Just American. But have spent many years, over the years, living in Israel. Currently living in America, but I keep abreast of events and have many Israeli friends and family.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    How is building MORE ILLEGAL settlements on Palestinian land NOT POKING the Palestinians for another response? Shit fucken amazes me.
  • Options
    yosi said:

Not a dual citizen. Just American. But have spent many years, over the years, living in Israel. Currently living in America, but I keep abreast of events and have many Israeli friends and family.

Ok, I'll try to remember that. Now to my original request. Thoughts on any of the links submitted above?

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Mu'taz Hijazi might be able to add some insight, Google him.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

i saw today that the united states and israel are the only two countries who voted to uphold the 50 year embargo on cuba.

also, i saw that an obama official called netanyahu a "chickenshit".

one would think these fools wouldve gained enough knowledge over the years to know that the best way to bring about change in cuba is to expose the people to all the wonderful crapola we here in the west take for granted.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    just like the "wars" and "conflicts" where Israel uses disproportionate force to "defend itself" it also uses disproportionate force to defend itself against kids.
    israel cliams the 14 year old (us citizen) was throwing a "FIREBOMB!"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/dad-palestinian-american-youth-killed-west-bank-mourns-n236716
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    So israel closed the al aqsa mosque yesterday...first time since 67. More provocative bullshit, more collective punishment and denial of basic rights.
    Israel's violations of these rights is so commonplace that it hardly seems newsworthy to comment unless there was some kind of huge massacre.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    badbrains said:

How is building MORE ILLEGAL settlements on Palestinian land NOT POKING the Palestinians for another response? Shit fucken amazes me.

Yeah this is the issue. At least he way I understand this mess. Israel slowly but surely is expanding their state.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    C'mon, Israel. Shit's gotta change. Get with it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    benjs said:

I really had thought that we had come to a consensus that there are injustices occurring daily within the region from Israeli Jews, towards non-Jews as well as towards Mizrahi Jews and Ethiopian Jews. So, for anyone who's been living under a rock for the last, say, 66 years, you should be blown away to find out that this is happening, and I expect anger and disgust. For anyone else - there's great content in here to remind you and let that anger and disgust resurface.

So now that we're all on the same page, what's our next step? This is where we always seem to arrive at, and then falter. We've recognized issues time and time again. How can we push forward to rectify them? If we learn about these issues and let their only byproducts be anger and disgust - we've failed. Isn't the point of being aware to drive change? If not, I'd like to go back to my state of ignorance. It wasn't blissful, but it was less miserable.

I just needed to bring this down a few posts. Again. JC, good for you for bringing this to our attention: but guess what - everyone here knows.

I'll be a bit more blunt than before: when you post examples of Israeli hate crimes towards Palestinians, and offer NO suggestions to follow-up potential resolutions, all you do is increase hate. If you wanted to pivot that to something productive, you could give suggestions for what could be done (whether they're practical or not, it would be better than the 'nothing' you gave instead). But I don't think you do want productivity or positive change, I think you want others to gather and bask in your hate. If I'm wrong, please, feel free to tell me what your end goal is by sharing these: if what you have to say has no purpose, or the only perceivable purpose is inherently negative (by the way - this inaction does not serve the cause you and I feel is worthy of a great time and effort investment), why even bother?

JC, please tell me what you want me to do with this information.

EV
  • Options
    Kill thousands, destroy infrastructure, cut off boarder entry for food and rebuilding supplies but have a coke and a smile.
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,646
    Yes, Israel is a demonic baby-eating hell-demon. You've made that very clear. But, to paraphrase Benjys, so what? If you have nothing productive to say why say anything at all?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    yosi said:

Yes, Israel is a demonic baby-eating hell-demon. You've made that very clear. But, to paraphrase Benjys, so what? If you have nothing productive to say why say anything at all?

If you have nothing productive to say...after that post you just created, you want to lecture someone else about a post not being productive?
This discussion has been closed.