Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    E.K wrote:
    Too much on this year. I want to go to Caloundra Music Festival in October (one week before Cornell) and Foos in December but I can't. :(

Why can't you go?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Too much on this year. I want to go to Caloundra Music Festival in October (one week before Cornell) and Foos in December but I can't. :(

Why can't you go?

Have already spent too much on concerts this year.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• -Emma--Emma- Posts: 2,864
    E.K wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I saw Eddie three times.....missed the support act each time.

I missed them on purpose at the EV Sydney show too. Went around the corner for a bite to eat instead and bumped into Stuart and Sairs which was a nice surprise. :)

There were quite a few empty seats when Evil J & Saint Cecilia were playing at the 3rd EV Sydney show. They seemed like nice girls, but I wasn't a fan of their performance. Some of it was quite uncomfortable to listen to.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    I liked them. Thought to buy their CD(didn't tho, doh). After seeing them at 4 shows I went to the songs were like old friends by the end. "oooh cool, this one" type thing. Kinda quirky & yea not gonna become my favourite or anything but I enjoyed them well enough.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    argh... vs/vitalogy is now NZ$278...

ohhh.... ... .. ... ... if only I didn't have car repairs on my credit card!!
    doompony wrote:
    argh... vs/vitalogy is now NZ$278...

ohhh.... ... .. ... ... if only I didn't have car repairs on my credit card!!

How much was it before? I thought you bought it...?
    it was $300 before when the exchange rate was in our favour.. even more before that.

but nope, i don't have it. too many expenses keep popping up. but i want it!
  • topaz wrote:

I think we're at the first one in Auckland! Can't waaaait it's been a long time since I have seen a decent live act.

cool I might see you there :D I
    E.K wrote:
    If you don't like the support act .. miss it ... get there late.. or go have a drink or a bite to eat or whatever until Cornell comes on.

I'll be doing that! I paid looots to get VIP tickets so I can just hang at the pre party till Chris goes on :mrgreen:
    Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • doompony wrote:
    It's such a rare thing to love the support acts. Such a rare thing indeed. I remember Shudder to Think getting booed in Wellington. Heh. Weta played support for Soundgarden. Little did I know that one day they would become one of my favourite bands (I thought they were roadies tuning the guitars).

My best support act moment (Liam aside) was discovering the Phoenix Foundation as they outshone the fuck out of Evan Dando. Good times.

Weta are cool, I only realized like a week ago that the singer is Aaron from Cairo Knife Fight

I feel so bad that I've been neglecting NZ music. THAT STOPS NOW. I LOVE NZ MUSIC

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
    Indeed it is! Of course I never got to see his new band because QOTSA never played here.

*not bitter*

one of the best kiwi tours ever was the holy trinity in 2000. weta, fur patrol and shihad. good fucking times.
    Aaron has a habit of storming the stage at small gigs here. He did it to Fur Patrol last time I saw them and he did it to Anika Moa and Julia Deans when they played here. He's an odd man.
    doompony wrote:
    Indeed it is! Of course I never got to see his new band because QOTSA never played here.

*not bitter*

one of the best kiwi tours ever was the holy trinity in 2000. weta, fur patrol and shihad. good fucking times.

Saw Shihad support You Am I in 1999 at the uni here....they were fucking awesome! I love General Electric.
    I used to LOOOVE Shihad. They were the first kiwi band I ever saw that wasn't a support act and they were the first kiwi band I truly loved. Even through the name change. But they lost me when they came back after not making it in the US and changed their name back. None of that sat right with me and I hated all the music that came out of that change.

But the music up to that point is still choice. And I loooooooove Jon's new band The Adults.
    doompony wrote:
    I used to LOOOVE Shihad. They were the first kiwi band I ever saw that wasn't a support act and they were the first kiwi band I truly loved. Even through the name change. But they lost me when they came back after not making it in the US and changed their name back. None of that sat right with me and I hated all the music that came out of that change.

But the music up to that point is still choice. And I loooooooove Jon's new band The Adults.

I haven't heard any of the The Adults' stuff. Might check it out.
    it's completely different to any of the members' actual bands. saw them live last week and they were farking amazing.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I watched Once about 18 months ago. I didn't even know who Glen Hansard was until the other day! :lol:

so weird. that was on tv tonight. i recorded it because the ad made it look awesome. only now, after seeing a message on facebook on joe's wall do i realise it's the once you guys were talking about.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    morello wrote:
    Hey just saw an ad on tv that Glen Hansard's Once is going to be on TV on Sunday evening. Just thought to let kiwis know. :)
    Damn, I forgot!
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    topaz wrote:

I think we're at the first one in Auckland! Can't waaaait it's been a long time since I have seen a decent live act.

cool I might see you there :D I
    E.K wrote:
    If you don't like the support act .. miss it ... get there late.. or go have a drink or a bite to eat or whatever until Cornell comes on.

I'll be doing that! I paid looots to get VIP tickets so I can just hang at the pre party till Chris goes on :mrgreen:

We're VIP's as well, go the Northland Very Important Persons!! We'll be heading to the preparty for sure, and by the looks, Jimmy Christmas isn't much to write home about....of all the persons that would have been great at supporting CC. Although I'm feeling a bit guilty, maybe JChristmas will kick out the jams...
    topaz wrote:
    We're VIP's as well, go the Northland Very Important Persons!! We'll be heading to the preparty for sure, and by the looks, Jimmy Christmas isn't much to write home about....of all the persons that would have been great at supporting CC. Although I'm feeling a bit guilty, maybe JChristmas will kick out the jams...
    Ditto. Hope the poster is cool as that's the main reason I went VIP.

What's with all the Jimmy Christmas hate? The D4 were cool, and Jimmy is OK by me.
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    bazzer wrote:
    topaz wrote:
    Ditto. Hope the poster is cool as that's the main reason I went VIP.

What's with all the Jimmy Christmas hate? The D4 were cool, and Jimmy is OK by me.

Well I couldn't find much of ole JC on youtube or anything, so will have to make up my mind by watching him, right? It's the only way! Was it the D4 that did 'Grand Central Station'? And that other one... 'I been busted, and it's happened before, something something, and I'm bored yea I'm bored and I"m boooored'. Am I thinking right here?

What night are you going, bazzer? Imagine if Ed had come for solo gigs at the ASB, and had a VIP option with free poster and preparty!! BUT i'm happy to take what I'm given, thank you chris cornell
    topaz wrote:
    What night are you going, bazzer? Imagine if Ed had come for solo gigs at the ASB, and had a VIP option with free poster and preparty!! BUT i'm happy to take what I'm given, thank you chris cornell
    Whichever the first announced night was, I forget the date, the Tuesday? If Ed had VIP solo, I'd be a lot poorer than I am now! :lol:
    edited August 2011
    I have nothing against the D4.. I saw them live and they were great.

I do however have plenty of bad things to say about Luger Boa and that is the band Jimmy fronts now. Maybe all the power of the D4 was in the hands of Dion whatshisface with the big nose? I've been forced to sit through Luger Boa twice and the first time they were just fucking boring. The second time I wanted to cut myself up just to detract the pain away from my ears. SO bad. And what's worse than a crappy band? A lead singer with that much bravado.

Eh, maybe he won't suck but I hope I won't be around to find out.

Oy. Think of the lovely singers they could have picked! Julia Deans (my faaaaaavourite). Anna Coddington. Luke Buda. Sam Scott. Anika Moa. Lawrence Arabia. Victoria Girling-Butcher. And many more who I can't name or have forgotten.
    Post edited by doom_pony on
    Well I must say my Ukulele Songs CD (which arrived 3 weeks earlier than estimated, thanks Amazon ... no more 10c goods for me) sounds fantastic turned up loud, through earphones.

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• topaz wrote:

Oh yeah!! Everyone make way for the Northland VIPS!!

I have no idea what to except at the pre party.. I dont even know where it is. In the Aotea Centre I suppose. I was in auckland a few weeks ago & the Aotea centre was open so me and my mum & our friend snuck into the ASB theatre to have a peek at where our seats are :lol:

• Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Just stumbled across tickets for the PJ20 movie available from Hoyts cinemas in Australia http://www.hoyts.com.au/Movies/details/Pearl_Jam.aspx
    and Village http://villagecinemas.com.au/Movies/Pearl-Jam-PJ20.htm
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Just stumbled across tickets for the PJ20 movie available from Hoyts cinemas in Australia http://www.hoyts.com.au/Movies/details/Pearl_Jam.aspx
    and Village http://villagecinemas.com.au/Movies/Pearl-Jam-PJ20.htm

Not showing anywhere in Queensland. :? :?:

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    event have it listed no ticket in yet i don't think

http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Movie/Pearl-Jam-Twenty
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    doompony wrote:
    Oooh cool. I'd been checking NZ cinemas out but not= found anything. Great to see a mention at least!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • gbridgemangbridgeman Posts: 122
    Got my tickets to the auckland screening :)