Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    i predict they would be shit. like every other celebrity band ever.

dogstar, phantom planet, 30 seconds to mars, 30 odd foot of shit, Scar Jo's tom waits cover album, the return of bruno..... and so on.
    Hmmm, yeah good point maybe. It's also quite a big venue for a band that maybe no-one knows, definitely bigger than just a pub. Think all my $$ is seriously earmarked for the Oz trip anyway.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    vital5 wrote:
    i predict they would be shit. like every other celebrity band ever.

dogstar, phantom planet, 30 seconds to mars, 30 odd foot of shit, Scar Jo's tom waits cover album, the return of bruno..... and so on.
    Bacon brothers... David Hasslehoff? wtf?

The bacon brothers are the one exception to the rule. And the hoff is a god in Germany.

Yeah I saw a doco about the Hoff in Germany... was a good watch...was aamazing he was down and out broke... then came back in Germany...
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• I'll try here first.

Here's my story, decided I'd go see the EV tour in AUS, as I've been able to hit a couple shows on the other EV tours. I asked 3 friends who wanted to go, assuming it wouldn't be easy to find someone to fly around the world for 10 days. Before hearing from them I got FC tickets to Canberra-Sydney. Fortunately/Unfortunately both of my roommates want to come, both are 10C members. So my problem is now we need 1 ticket to Canberra/Newcastle/Sydney 1/2/3. I'd love 10C tickets, but beggars cant be choosers.

If anyone has extras please let me know, gladly pay face (looking over the rules this appears fine) and will gladly hang out and buy a few drinks for the person who can help us out.

Thanks!
    T.J. Thompson
    I'll try here first.

Here's my story, decided I'd go see the EV tour in AUS, as I've been able to hit a couple shows on the other EV tours. I asked 3 friends who wanted to go, assuming it wouldn't be easy to find someone to fly around the world for 10 days. Before hearing from them I got FC tickets to Canberra-Sydney. Fortunately/Unfortunately both of my roommates want to come, both are 10C members. So my problem is now we need 1 ticket to Canberra/Newcastle/Sydney 1/2/3. I'd love 10C tickets, but beggars cant be choosers.

If anyone has extras please let me know, gladly pay face (looking over the rules this appears fine) and will gladly hang out and buy a few drinks for the person who can help us out.

Thanks!
    T.J. Thompson

Good luck on your search.. :)
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    I'll try here first.

Thanks!
    T.J. Thompson

i have 2 tkts to the 1st sydney show, row m - cost price ... they arent 10c tkts, were bought in the public sale by my tkt bud, then realised she had the wrong bloody night after she's payed for them!!! :roll: - we'll be at the canberra, newie & sydney shows, so you'll be able to pick up on one of those nights if you'd like.
    impatience is a gift ........
  • [/quote]

i have 2 tkts to the 1st sydney show, row m - cost price ... they arent 10c tkts, were bought in the public sale by my tkt bud, then realised she had the wrong bloody night after she's payed for them!!! :roll: - we'll be at the canberra, newie & sydney shows, so you'll be able to pick up on one of those nights if you'd like.[/quote]

Thanks! I have 2, just need one. Is she interested in selling just the one? I know it'll be harder to sell just one.
    zenith wrote:
    I'll try here first.

Thanks!
    T.J. Thompson

i have 2 tkts to the 1st sydney show, row m - cost price ... they arent 10c tkts, were bought in the public sale by my tkt bud, then realised she had the wrong bloody night after she's payed for them!!! :roll: - we'll be at the canberra, newie & sydney shows, so you'll be able to pick up on one of those nights if you'd like.

How Sydney got 3 shows and Melb didnt , was there always 3 shows for Sydney?
    aus_suz wrote:
    How Sydney got 3 shows and Melb didnt , was there always 3 shows for Sydney?

The 3rd show for Sydney got added later. There were only 2 shows there when I booked my flights etc hence I'm doin Canberra & Newcastle. Might have just done 3 Sydney shows, or maybe just Newy & Sydney if I'd known. Oh well. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Thanks for the count down E.K. I'm passing it on to my husband. He is sooooo (note sarcasm) looking forward to coming to this. Not cause of Ed, just cause he'll have to put up with me raving about it!
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

Thanks for the count down E.K. I'm passing it on to my husband. He is sooooo (note sarcasm) looking forward to coming to this. Not cause of Ed, just cause he'll have to put up with me raving about it!

I know what you mean .. my man is a bit like that too. Oh well at least he is coming with me. And I talked him into going to the Newcastle show as well. :)

Getting close! :shock:

• Hi everyone :wave:

I'm on the hunt for a ticket to the 3rd EV show in Brisbane (the one on Sunday night) either to buy, or I have a spare 10C ticket to the 2nd Bris show to trade, if that helps.

Fingers crossed someone can help me out... :)

Thanks
    2003: Melb x3, Perth
    2006: Bris x2, Melb x3, Perth
    2009: Perth, Adel, Melb, Syd
    2011: EV Bris x2, Syd x2, Melb x2, Perth x2
    2013: Seattle
    2014: BDO Syd, Adel
    2014: EV Melb

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    has anyone down this way got their LOXL yet from the 10c?
  • Yes I have. I think it has been at least 2 weeks now.
    If it doesn't get dirt, grease or blood under your nails, it's not a hobby.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    well fuck. mine was a preorder but i ain't seen a thing except the download link yet.
    27 days

• doompony wrote:
    well fuck. mine was a preorder but i ain't seen a thing except the download link yet.

i havent got mine yet either

but
    i expected as much and bought the cd when it came out
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    I ordered it from JBHifFi.........
    Its so awesome..........loved unwrapping it and the Live vinyl is just soooooooooooo nice...
    Although I need to get my pots or something serviced because the sound keeps coming and going..
    Guess that happens when your stereo is 29 yrs old................LOL............
    So is anyone on here going to Byron Bluesfest this year? Due to popular demand it goes for six days this year. I got tickets for the last day, April 26 (Bob Dylan headining). I'm actually more excited about seeing Paul Kelly.

E.K wrote:
    So is anyone on here going to Byron Bluesfest this year? Due to popular demand it goes for six days this year. I got tickets for the last day, April 26 (Bob Dylan headining). I'm actually more excited about seeing Paul Kelly.

I have seen Paul Kelly twice hmmm 1995 and 2007 I think..
    both times were different but very good...
    Has just finished doing a tour here that went for 4 days I think...

I saw Bob Dylan back in the early 90's Ithink..
    it wasnt good..............was disappointing..
    aus_suz wrote:
    E.K wrote:

I have seen Paul Kelly twice hmmm 1995 and 2007 I think..
    both times were different but very good...
    Has just finished doing a tour here that went for 4 days I think...

I saw Bob Dylan back in the early 90's Ithink..
    it wasnt good..............was disappointing..

I've never seen Paul Kelly live and think it will be great.

Bob Dylan was on The Grammys the other night and sounded terrible. I think a lot of people are going to Bluesfest this year just to see him. He's playing on the Monday and the Tuesday and the Monday tickets sold out really fast. Sounds like a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Got my analogue tee today its huge as...
    OMG it goes down to my knees.. wasnt that bad of quality..
    aus_suz wrote:

So did they send the same size shirt out to everyone? :lol:

Sorry for laughing. :)

E.K wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

So did they send the same size shirt out to everyone? :lol:

Sorry for laughing. :)

U get to pick the size and choose either mens or ladies..
    I chose the Lge ladies as thats what I normally get from the goods section..
    I like it.......its just too big...
    Poor Christchurch, NZ.

:(

E.K wrote:
    Poor Christchurch, NZ.

:(
    +1 Terrible, terrible disaster.
    <hr>
    145 deaths so far :(
    and they are saying a third of the buildings will need to be
    demolished.......... its like a war zone...

Hearts and thoughts to all the Kiwi's xx
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    hey Aussies and neighbours.. :) bumping the thread

i see new US Eddie dates :) again, the internet geeks beat 10c with the tweet! :)

wonder what year we'll get pj back, if that.. :shock: :)
    wah