Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DonJon wrote:
    Have a good trip Austicman.

Over 3 years posting in this joint still cant quote properly......and the only face I can make is :D. Loser!

It shits me when people don't quote properly! :x
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    DonJon wrote:
    Have a good trip Austicman.

Over 3 years posting in this joint still cant quote properly......and the only face I can make is :D. Loser!

use the quote button, then it works :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    use the quote button, then it works :lol:[/quote]

Best advice Ive had in years.

Where have you been all this time?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    how can you not quote properly??? theres a button to let you do it instead of typing the code??

hhmmmm ....
    ive been living in a can
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith stole wolfman off me ... but i know he's happier with her
    DonJon wrote:
    i only use two fingers to type

:lol:

ohhhhh .... i guess the quotes should actually be typed first before you quote them too ....

;)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    and you can only do :D ?

hit the smileys on the right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: < what happened to jeffstheman!!
    wah
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    DonJon wrote:
    use the quote button, then it works :lol:

Best advice Ive had in years.

Where have you been all this time?[/quote]
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,705
    TO-UR!
    TO-UR!
    TO-UR!
    TO-UR!
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

Are Triple M sponsoring the damn album or tour???

They are hammering Pearl Jam. Ive had it on (and off) sporadically in the office since last week and Im hearing AT LEAST 5-6 Pearl Jam songs a day (not just fixer) and they are playing them to adds, talking about tours, etc etc etc

Why didnt this happen for Avo?
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    DonJon wrote:
    Are Triple M sponsoring the damn album or tour???

They are hammering Pearl Jam. Ive had it on (and off) sporadically in the office since last week and Im hearing AT LEAST 5-6 Pearl Jam songs a day (not just fixer) and they are playing them to adds, talking about tours, etc etc etc

Why didnt this happen for Avo?

Pearl Jam said No back then... heh

anyways i just had a thought... why can't a band live it up after so long?.. instead of having two seconds of fame and living it up in the first instances in the spotlight of the media... and then becoming a one hit wonder and disappearing...

I guess i was against them coming out the entertainment closet and saying... here i am boys! haha... but they have earned the right... get out there... sell your damn albums... especially since no one else is... maybe triple m realise the boys are on their own promoting this one...
    Yeah totally....Ive got nothing against them doing it (as long as the dont get the popularity of KOL). I purposely didnt go to kings concerts due to the 'new' (and young) crowd. I doubt this will happen to PJ tho (at least I dont want it to).

Im just intrigued that all of a sudden MMM seem to be their biggest promoters...yet for Avo there was nudda.

Nice artwork too.

Listened to SOS once and that'll do me until I hear the proper version. Its better than Gone Vibro :?
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah totally....Ive got nothing against them doing it (as long as the dont get the popularity of KOL). I purposely didnt go to kings concerts due to the 'new' (and young) crowd. I doubt this will happen to PJ tho (at least I dont want it to).

Im just intrigued that all of a sudden MMM seem to be their biggest promoters...yet for Avo there was nudda.

Nice artwork too.

Listened to SOS once and that'll do me until I hear the proper version. Its better than Gone Vibro :?

They won't gain popularity.. unless there's a demo version of Eddie doing "Sex on Fire" is an unlisted Secret Track..

I avoided KOL because of this too... but I was disappointed to have done so :(... plus i had a ticket purchasing fuck up haha

It's Gone.. it's good!

Triple M promotion will only mean that AC/DC fans will begin to like them more....
    edited July 2009
    I think that Eddie playing the new songs solo before the album actually comes out is fucking this album a bit....made it lose its excitement a bit for me.

I listened to The End once a month ago or so....sounded like Into The Wild. Don't get me wrong -- I love ITW but I don't want Eddie -- I want fucking Pearl Jam.

I refuse to listen to Speed of Sound. The Fixer and Got Some is enough for me until I hear the whole album.
    Post edited by ZiggyStar on
    Yeah Im 'banning' Speed of Sound and Unthought Known until I hear the full band versions.

I think the full version of The End has massive potential
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah Im 'banning' Speed of Sound and Unthought Known until I hear the full band versions.

I just don't get it? Why release so many songs before the album is out? Fixer, The End, Got Some, Speed of Sound, Unthought Known. The album is 36 minutes long....there will be no surprises left! :x

I like the album art though!!
    DonJon, will you be watching The Footy Show tonight? Wolfman is getting his beard shaved off! :evil:
    Yeah I agree re the song releases arnet up my alley. That being said....your yankie friend must be full of shit yeah?

Happy to listen to the proper leaked version tho.

No I want be watching the footy show this evening....may catch the end of it. Im scared if I watch it my IQ may be lowered 8-)
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah I agree re the song releases arnet up my alley. That being said....your yankie friend must be full of shit yeah?

Happy to listen to the proper leaked version tho.

No I want be watching the footy show this evening....may catch the end of it. Im scared if I watch it my IQ may be lowered 8-)

I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Well apparently my Yankie friend is getting the tickets first thing tomorrow morning......but we will see whether the tickets are as good as they are supposed to be!
    Indeedeedo

Hey shit....Ill send you an email this arvo re that book review too. Keeps slipping my mind
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

I just don't get it? Why release so many songs before the album is out? Fixer, The End, Got Some, Speed of Sound, Unthought Known. The album is 36 minutes long....there will be no surprises left! :x

They haven't released anything apart from The Fixer, a live version of Got Some, and a demo of Speed of Sound. The rest of them were played by Ed during his solo shows and weren't released officially. In theory nobody should have heard the songs played by Ed at his shows apart from the lucky people in attendance. I was lucky enough to hear Speed of Sound and The End :)
    Can't wait to hear the album version of The End. That's one hell of a song!
    DonJon wrote:
    Indeedeedo

Hey shit....Ill send you an email this arvo re that book review too. Keeps slipping my mind

Yes please! :D Look forward to it! 8-) ha ha
    Oz Jammer wrote:

They haven't released anything apart from The Fixer, a live version of Got Some, and a demo of Speed of Sound. The rest of them were played by Ed during his solo shows and weren't released officially. In theory nobody should have heard the songs played by Ed at his shows apart from the lucky people in attendance. I was lucky enough to hear Speed of Sound and The End :)
    Can't wait to hear the album version of The End. That's one hell of a song!

When I said released I meant played live as well.....and they knew those songs would get unofficially released if they were played live by Ed.
    Big Fella!

Yeah thats true when you put it like that. UK and The End really should not have been heard except for those at the concert. Correct
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    DonJon wrote:
    Big Fella!

Yeah thats true when you put it like that. UK and The End really sound not have been heard except for those at the concert. Correct

Correct. There was a strict policy of no taping, and no photos at each of his shows. The photo thing sort of went out the window once Hard Sun started up :)
    Made a welcome change not to have mobile phones and/or cameras obstructing the view every few minutes.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

so people go oooooooo i like those songs... im gonna buy that album when it comes out.

or conversely..

aah shit not pearl jam.. they still around??. yaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnn.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

so people go oooooooo i like those songs... im gonna buy that album when it comes out.

or conversely..

Did I ask you?!!?!? :D;)

I never knew you were a 10c member.....I knew Jeanie wasn't......and for some reason thought you weren't either.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,705
    So far I'm pretty happy with what I've heard from Backspacer. I'll definitely be buying it.

Now if they'd just announce the Australian tour dates I'll be ecstatic.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    So far I'm pretty happy with what I've heard from Backspacer. I'll definitely be buying it.

So if you hadn't liked what you've heard, you wouldn't buy it? As if! ;)
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ZiggyStar wrote:

or conversely..

Did I ask you?!!?!? :D;)

I never knew you were a 10c member.....I knew Jeanie wasn't......and for some reason thought you weren't either.

i dont wait to be asked zig you should know that by now. ;)8-)

surely you dont think jeanie and i are joined at the hip. and besides what makes you think you know everything, or anything about me. :P yeah im a 10C member. it happened during a sudden rush of blood to the head. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    E.K wrote:

didnt order it yet? :o:o:o
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”