Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I also don't need those fucking "I voted" stickers/pins!

Elections make me feel like I'm in some weird, cynical limbo-realm...like, fine - this candidate seems to be alright (keyword - "seems").

And in the end, almost without fail, I'm disappointed.

They're all the same (and so many use children in their ads - I neither need nor want my emotions appealed to! I can almost smell the manipulation).

(and nice waste...errr, spending of your time there, lolo :D I honestly hope it's worth the effort, on all of our parts).
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,799

Why do people I work with just assume that somehow magically all the work will get done even if they don't do it?
    Why does it bother me so much that people are idiots?

This is fact and I'm not saying it to pat myself on the back or anything. We have about 50 or so people in our area, I work in IT. No exaggeration, about 15-20% of us keep the place going. Management keeps loading us up w/ the work, because they know we'll do it. We're kind of handcuffed because if we protest, we lose contracts and we all lose. Some of us are getting tired of bringing this stuff up, but it's today's world. The old days it was "get out, don't let the door hit you in the ass" today, you can't fire folks because you may get sued.
    It probably wouldn't be nice to make cracks about the fact you "work" in IT would it? But seeing as my IT department is a part of the problem I just can't help myself...I mean how many times and how many ways can you say it's urgent as I literally can't do my job right now till the issue gets fixed! Not to let my own department off the hook because FFS just send it to northerndragon she'll make it work is not the acceptable answer. There is one of me and 16 of you fuckers back at the main site can't one of you pull your head out of your ass just for a little bit and figure it out!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    hedonist said:

I also don't need those fucking "I voted" stickers/pins!

Elections make me feel like I'm in some weird, cynical limbo-realm...like, fine - this candidate seems to be alright (keyword - "seems").

And in the end, almost without fail, I'm disappointed.

They're all the same (and so many use children in their ads - I neither need nor want my emotions appealed to! I can almost smell the manipulation).

(and nice waste...errr, spending of your time there, lolo :D I honestly hope it's worth the effort, on all of our parts).

:))
    I feel pretty dumb wasting all that time driving to vote when I could've been napping.
    but I live in the south so shit is dire here.
    some of us ignored the mid-terms in 2010 and we are still paying for it.
    Repubs took over the state and Gerrymandered everthing.
    castrated my town which is pretty liberal by putting us in with a conservative Charlotte suburb.
    but I hear ya. I have become pretty cynical too. but can't bring myself to stop and turn into my Mom.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Now I'm fired up... :))
    It's Election Day, stupid question: why should I vote? Nothing is going to change tomorrow. The only thing that may change is a different group of people will bitch about everything.

Yes, I voted today.

You get a cool sticker to let everyone know you fulfilled your civic duty by pressing buttons.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Jason P said:

Now I'm fired up... :))
    It's Election Day, stupid question: why should I vote? Nothing is going to change tomorrow. The only thing that may change is a different group of people will bitch about everything.

Yes, I voted today.

You get a cool sticker to let everyone know you fulfilled your civic duty by pressing buttons.
    I turned the sticker down
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Why do people I work with just assume that somehow magically all the work will get done even if they don't do it?

This is fact and I'm not saying it to pat myself on the back or anything. We have about 50 or so people in our area, I work in IT. No exaggeration, about 15-20% of us keep the place going. Management keeps loading us up w/ the work, because they know we'll do it. We're kind of handcuffed because if we protest, we lose contracts and we all lose. Some of us are getting tired of bringing this stuff up, but it's today's world. The old days it was "get out, don't let the door hit you in the ass" today, you can't fire folks because you may get sued.
    It probably wouldn't be nice to make cracks about the fact you "work" in IT would it? But seeing as my IT department is a part of the problem I just can't help myself...I mean how many times and how many ways can you say it's urgent as I literally can't do my job right now till the issue gets fixed! Not to let my own department off the hook because FFS just send it to northerndragon she'll make it work is not the acceptable answer. There is one of me and 16 of you fuckers back at the main site can't one of you pull your head out of your ass just for a little bit and figure it out!
    Whoa whoa whoa...we don't have a magic wand to fix your problems at the drop of a hat
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

1) I always love a Who reference.

2) let me clarify the voting thing. I'm not saying we shouldn't, I can't stand the "go vote" "it's your right" "make a difference" blah blah blah...it's just going to be the same BS with different people

some report came out that said more than half the celebrities that appear in the 'rock the vote' ads don't vote or aren't even registered to vote.

"Do as I say not as I do" image
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

1) I always love a Who reference.

2) let me clarify the voting thing. I'm not saying we shouldn't, I can't stand the "go vote" "it's your right" "make a difference" blah blah blah...it's just going to be the same BS with different people

some report came out that said more than half the celebrities that appear in the 'rock the vote' ads don't vote or aren't even registered to vote.

"Do as I say not as I do" image
    Yes, the PuffyDaddyDiddy fiasco from a few years ago.

Your last line nailed it, RK.

Plus the shills and puppets.
  • Options
    why are bills horribly written? I hated voting on the gun bills...both of them. And the school bills too...I wanna rip my hair out!

and why do they put only one candidate on the bill for a seat? They are running unopposed so, "uh, well, duh they are gonna get elected again" if I don't fill in the stupid bubble, can we just leave the seat empty? <-------sarcastic remark

Everybody just says, "ah, just vote yes and we'll work the kinks out later"...then you just waste more money getting a bunch of people together to try and figure out the kinks, to send it back to be voted on, then it fails, and they have to re-write it, and it just gets ugly. {cough}Tim{cough}Eyman

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I hate how they word the constitution amendments up for vote like something out of the 1770s.
    By the time I get finished reading it, I don't even know how the fuck to vote. YES or NO?
    I need a damn translation.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

I hate how they word the constitution amendments up for vote like something out of the 1770s.
    By the time I get finished reading it, I don't even know how the fuck to vote. YES or NO?

I hear ya! I sit and read the stupid voter's guide, read the arguments, and rebuttals, go to everybody's website, google their name (to see if their opponent's mudslinging is true or not) and then make a selection and hope I made the right choice.

Really it boils down to dumb people who just base all their info on the TV ads and vote for whoever dumps the most money in the scariest ads.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

lolobugg said:

I hear ya! I sit and read the stupid voter's guide, read the arguments, and rebuttals, go to everybody's website, google their name (to see if their opponent's mudslinging is true or not) and then make a selection and hope I made the right choice.

Really it boils down to dumb people who just base all their info on the TV ads and vote for whoever dumps the most money in the scariest ads.
    Yep
    America circa 2014....
    DUMB
    I think we jumped the shark when Bush got re-elected.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

lolobugg said:

Yep
    America circa 2014....
    DUMB
    Re-elected? Wtf, I thought it was a fixed election (DIEbold). Well I'll be damned!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

lolobugg said:

Yep
    America circa 2014....
    DUMB
    Re-elected? Wtf, I thought it was a fixed election (DIEbold). Well I'll be damned!
    good point....
    OHIO?????

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    all I know, is if Jeb runs and gets elected, I'm moving to Canada

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please
    deal!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Voted a week ago by mail in ballot.. Lost in this convo!!
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please
    deal!
    thank you.... I actually looked into it in 2004. Canada wouldn't take me....

Voted a week ago by mail in ballot.. Lost in this convo!!

you're New school... I am old school
    should've done it your way.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    So the exceptions have now become the rule. Dammit!

What's really sad is my being over the moon that (1) we won't be getting flyers and whatnot in the mail for awhile now (how much does that shit cost?), and (2) no more being inundated with political ads for awhile now (how much does that shit cost?).

Had we not dropped our landline last year, I'm sure we'd be flooded with pol-bots too.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

Old school is the new school.

Absentee ballot all the way, baby!

• Options
    lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please
    Fuck u Logan! Dirty jersey is where it's at! And plus, who u gonna root for, the habs? The leafs? The oilers? Or better yet, the flames? Hahaha
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please
    Fuck u Logan! Dirty jersey is where it's at! And plus, who u gonna root for, the habs? The leafs? The oilers? Or better yet, the flames? Hahaha
    Fuck Jersey
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

Question # 1

Answer: because they expect everyone

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please
    Fuck Jersey
    Do they have running water in Jersey ?
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Wow, ignore the top part of that previous Quote. Don't know how messed that up !
    Just wanted to quote the "Fuck Jersey" part

I Must be drunk, or just dumb
  • Options

Whoa whoa whoa...we don't have a magic wand to fix your problems at the drop of a hat
    They only become my problems when IT fucks up, like last week they forced us to upgrade a plug-in on our office computers that took out multiple programs across more than one server...and they wonder why we forbid them to touch our vendor specific medical computers....

Also not saying this is an example of you at work, but this week IT has really been pissing me off!

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please
    You will root for the HABS because they are the best effin hockey ever, but that is only after we decide whether we like you enough to let you in!

Spent some quality time in dirty jersey back in '05 - it's like a trailer park but turned up 1000W....truly loved the ghetto buses.

• Options

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please
    You will root for the HABS because they are the best effin hockey ever, but that is only after we decide whether we like you enough to let you in!

Spent some quality time in dirty jersey back in '05 - it's like a trailer park but turned up 1000W....truly loved the ghetto buses.
    Well, it IS called dirty jersey for a reason! And so far, yes we have water here!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

take me with you, please

Well, it IS called dirty jersey for a reason! And so far, yes we have water here!
    From what I remember yes you have water but it is kind of drink at your own risk...especially after one of your monsoons, um I mean "rainfalls".

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    hedonist said:

lolobugg said:

Old school is the new school.

Absentee ballot all the way, baby!

AMMMMMEN SISTA!!
This discussion has been closed.