Options

I need to Vent.....

Comments

• Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    All good points and i would like to reference my post about ed laying off those icky cell phones from fans
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    It's crazy how many people (myself included) are commenting on a thread started by a drunk person! All valid points!
  • Options

It's crazy how many people (myself included) are commenting on a thread started by a drunk person! All valid points!

I'm wondering how many song request threads are started by a drunk person. :-?
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Totally agree with point 1.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    ham_on_ryeham_on_rye Indiana Dunes Posts: 205
    edited October 2014

You guys are the fucking best!!!

This is what I've gotten out of this so far:

"Animal" for good sex.
    CDC doesn't know what they're doing.
    Eddie may or may not have a good or bad hand-washing / vitamin taking regimen.
    Government conspiracies.
    Dumb non-quarantined nurses.
    Hard liquor inspired philosophy.
    HALTS MAUL.
    Unclean nads on bathroom doorknobs.
    Crying non-trained nurses.
    Keely does not know Aunt Gertrude.

Is this where I request a song now??

Halts maul!!!
    =))
    I feel for everyone's pain but all the stories have a facebook (aka egobook) vibe to them. Everyone like my post, everyone listen to my story, everyone talk about me. PJ fan club,or the internet in general, is really not the place to share your tragedies. What happened to people keeping some things private and sacred?
    Post edited by ham_on_rye on
  • Options
    I was drunk but can still make valid points. Day time drinking rulz!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Red wine toniiiiiiiight
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    mcgruff10 said:

I agree 100% with one and two. St. Louis got a little weird when ed starting talking about all the fans and their stories/problems.
    Number three who knows. It is allergy season and he has two kids which are germ magnets.

i kinda agree about st louis, it was almost like he was reading it out of obligation and it felt forced as some people had MAJOR tragedies and others were not so much, and it did feel a little weird. so i do get the whole "why does everyone have to one up a tragedy" aspect.

i will say i did like how they said a little acknowledgement to those people with stuff going on and then said basically "look we feel for you, chin up and lots of support, but we are not gonna play a sappy slow song, we got some work to do" and started "once". i really thought that was cool, "heres some love, time to move on. now lets rock and roll."

also as for all the song requests, pj plays about 30 songs a night, pretty much all of them with fantastic lyrics and deep meaning. chances are if you had a loss, or are going through some hard times, you will be able to identify with ONE of those songs to help you cope. so 12 people don't need to all "out-tragedy" one another to get their song each night. go to the show, find your escape, and pj will help your healing...

as everyone has mentioned, no insensitivity or disrespect to those that have gone through troubled times. its great there is a band there to help you through songs and still entertain the other 20k people. pretty much everyone goes through some terrible times in their life, and it would be nice to get acknowledged by the band, but they cant play every song for everyone, for every reason..

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited October 2014
    1A- HALTS MAUL, "hey parents, leave your kids at home." Tagged on daughter.
    =))
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    badbrains said:

=))

Dude, you are on fire lately! Haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

badbrains said:

=))

Just don't tell him to fire it up :-B

I get the catharsis of (PJ's or other beloved) music and though I never asked for it, getting live In My Tree at my first show meant the world to me.

But, some of this is reminiscent of the band's early days, when people would write to Ed as if he were a fucking messiah, and how it took a toll on him (see Corduroy). It's gotta be overwhelming to have a sense of obligation foisted on him and his bandmates, on top of how draining a tour can be to begin with.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

badbrains said:

=))

Just don't tell him to fire it up :-B

I get the catharsis of (PJ's or other beloved) music and though I never asked for it, getting live In My Tree at my first show meant the world to me.

But, some of this is reminiscent of the band's early days, when people would write to Ed as if he were a fucking messiah, and how it took a toll on him (see Corduroy). It's gotta be overwhelming to have a sense of obligation foisted on him and his bandmates, on top of how draining a tour can be to begin with.
    They say it's lonely at the top....
  • Options

badbrains said:

=))

HALTS MAUL, thanks buddy! =))
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

I was drunk but can still make valid points. Day time drinking rulz!

Day drinking is the best! Can't wait to do some on Friday before the Moline show.

Completely agree with your 1st 2 points. The song requests are getting out of hand....it was great when they did it at Wrigley, but now the requests have become too many to count. This ebola shit is fucked up...kinda scary.

As for your 3rd point, I don't know why he gets sick every tour...just happy it hasn't gotten to the point of canceling shows.
  • Options
    Now I will vent.

400 threads begging for GA seats.

I cant wait for this tour to end.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Now I will vent.

HALTS MAUL fuck GA speedy!
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Eddie's sick? Yes, that's what I took from this.

You wouldn't know if the other guys were sick really cause they're not singing and talking into the microphone all night. Tis the season for colds and flus - esp when you have two school aged kids and you are are playing in germ infested arenas - I've seen a couple of people say that they felt like crap after their shows - drinking, smoking, travelling, expending large amounts of energy, singing & screaming for 3+ hours, jumping around. That'll take it's toll on a 30 year old; nevermind a soon to be 50 year old. But he plays through it. I've been sick a couple times since September and I don't have to do anything as draining as PJ does.

Front man is a hard job.

Maybe he needs us to request a song in his honor?

Get Better, Man. :x :x
  • Options
    silentJsilentJ Columbus, OH Posts: 199
    Haha. Get Better, Man.

That was awesome!! =D>
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Hahaha I'm a huge fan of this entire vent. And agree whole heartedly.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options

Hahaha I'm a huge fan of this entire vent. And agree whole heartedly.

Awesome...
    Say what you think at all times
    Pearl Jam
  • Options

Now I will vent.

Epic Oxymoron - GA Seats =))

Epic, Speedy, Epic I say!!! >:)
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Btw...the real concern is way beyond the cdc. The truth is most if these corporate for profit hospital systems cannot control the bugs in their own facilities. People get serious infections after procedures in these facilities and die all the time but u just dont hear about it. So now we expect these for profit centers to be good at helping to adequately control an outside virus that can be as dangerous as this?

The truth is, our healthcare model is only good at making a profit. When comes to real public health...well healthy is bad for business.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    How can u be sick a few times since September? Take a vitamin and wash your hands.
  • Options
    njnancy said:

Now I will vent.

Hahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    No rude comments from me. I am laughing so hard that I am almost crying. Thanks for the laugh. After my husband read this, his suggestion was that Ed mixes some OJ in with the wine. Anyway, I hope that you don't get too much grief, because I though your post was funny. :)
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    SarahMcNadiaSarahMcNadia Ontario / Québec Posts: 195

How can u be sick a few times since September? Take a vitamin and wash your hands.

LOL
    An empty cup in the middle of the sea..
    Buffalo 12-Oct-2013 * Cincinnati 01-Oct-2014 * St. Louis 03-Oct-2014
  • Options

Excuse me? That was said to be judgemental? Do you have children? Do you know anything about me? I wash my hands and I take vitamins and I do a lot of other things but what I do not do is think someone belittling one sentence out of an entire post is funny. It's a tiresome practice.

Some people just ruin threads for me.
  • Options
    njnancy said:

Excuse me? That was said to be judgemental? Do you have children? Do you know anything about me? I wash my hands and I take vitamins and I do a lot of other things but what I do not do is think someone belittling one sentence out of an entire post is funny. It's a tiresome practice.

Some people just ruin threads for me.
    Those superbugs suck
  • Options

njnancy said:

Now I will vent.

Hahahahaha
    You make this forum worth reading. But I'm done for the night. There's always gotta be someone....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Maybe you don't realize, but it's not quite so simple as your post.

Even setting aside my thoughts of over-disinfecting, some have compromised immune systems for a variety of reasons, be they genetic or due to age or the ravages of cancer, AIDS and the like. Some are exposed due to their profession or by virtue of having children (was gonna call them rugrats, then thought bugrats. Anyway!)

It might behoove some to re-think the dismissive mindset of "take two aspirin, call me in the morning".

I hope you're not a doctor, Bibleman! If you are, I beg you - please work on your bedside manner ;)
This discussion has been closed.