Options

Time to start limiting sticker purchases

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited October 2014
    SS9981 said:

PJ_Soul Said:

Better yet, limit how many people can buy so more people at the show can get one. :) People shouldn't be forced to miss out on concert merch or forced to spend their whole.day standing around in a line just because there is a relatively small number of people who are getting in line early to hoard stickers. I think it's hilarious that you are accusing others of being lazy. Your obsessive behaviour shouldn't be held up as the golden standard, lol. This is why people are asking for buying limits on merch.

And who are you exactly? You might want to pull your nose out of the air long enough to understand who you are talking to. Hoarding stickers am I? I've helped more people on these boards than someone of your ilk ever will. Because I don't just help people to better my board standing, I do it just because they are my friends. Hell, I helped Doug Floyd & some gentleman I had never met, before that turd of a comment even came rolling on the screen. And what have you done today PJ? I mean besides demean a whole facet of people who have done nothing to you on a subject you don't know squat about. Oh wait you did set the "gold standard" for being a pompous ass. bully for you!

Wow, lol.
    I am PJ_Soul. Nice to meet you. :)
    I would love to know what being "someone of my ilk" entails.
    I am only saying that buying 200 stickers up (hoarding) so that no one at the show can buy any within 2 hours of the doors opening is bullshit so yes, 10c should set buying limits. How amazing you feel you are doesn't change anything. There are a lot of generous people in this community, and if you happen to be one of them, good for you. Just don't gobble up all the stickers at the merch stands so that no one else who is at the show can buy even one.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SS9981 said:

dfishberg said:

My buddy did go to both Cincy and St. Louis more than 3 hours early, and stickers were sold out before he got to the front. And he saw people buying over 50 stickers and taking orders for the GA line. Kind of a bummer -- particularly in SLU where it was cold and raining

The truck opened at 2:00 p.m. We got in line at noon. Half-hour later, merch in vehicle, getting lunch
    very similar situation for me. in line by 1145, got merch and picked up 10c tickets by 315. merch truck was much, much later opening that the merch tents in Cincinnati. which sucked because of the cold ass rain... i got what i needed, helped my bros out, and made friends in line who saw what i bought, no issues. i get why people are pissed off. but that's why we make friends here... if you know you can't make it to get your shit, make other plans. the name calling and labels being tossed around here, are more childish than adults collecting *children's toys*
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    I guess my thoughts are that things have changed since 2013 and the 2014 Euro tour. Stickers were always available inside the venue after doors opened, and for all but a few shows like Seattle and Brooklyn the stickers were pretty easy to get even when PJ was on stage.

Now stickers are selling out at like 3pm and we have a different situation. To clarify, when you buy 50 stickers to trade you are buying 50 stickers for yourself. You are just turning a Cincy sticker into a Baltimore sticker or whatever. Trading isn't helping someone out, it is helping both out.

I think everyone agreed that buying 10 posters was wrong, but buying 50 stickers isn't when clearly there is a limited supply?

I was happy to trade with people and get extras for people, but now it is clear that too many of us are doing it (plus the eBay people) which is resulting in too many not getting stickers. I think we need to scale back. I don't think you should have to get to a venue at 11am to have a chance at stickers. I understand 6pm can be too late but 11am is too early.

I think there are enough stickers for people to get what they want, but some need to be happy with 15 stickers instead of 50.

But my question for the crowd that is fine with things. If I get to Lincoln and am first in line, can I buy 1000 stickers? Is that okay? If not, what number is okay? 500? 100? 50? It sounds like if I am there early I should be able to buy 1000 because I was there earlier than others.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So you think it's reasonable that people can't just go to a concert at a normal time a buy a keepsake? That the only people.who can get any merch are the people who have all day plus an awareness of the bulk merch purchases? Most people don't have any clue that they have to develop a network of megafan friends so they can find help to buy a $5 sticker, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

SS9981 said:

dfishberg said:

My buddy did go to both Cincy and St. Louis more than 3 hours early, and stickers were sold out before he got to the front. And he saw people buying over 50 stickers and taking orders for the GA line. Kind of a bummer -- particularly in SLU where it was cold and raining

The truck opened at 2:00 p.m. We got in line at noon. Half-hour later, merch in vehicle, getting lunch
    very similar situation for me. in line by 1145, got merch and picked up 10c tickets by 315. merch truck was much, much later opening that the merch tents in Cincinnati. which sucked because of the cold ass rain... i got what i needed, helped my bros out, and made friends in line who saw what i bought, no issues. i get why people are pissed off. but that's why we make friends here... if you know you can't make it to get your shit, make other plans. the name calling and labels being tossed around here, are more childish than adults collecting *children's toys*
    I have an issue with having to get somebody to get me stuff because I can't get to a venue at 11am for an 8:15 concert. The problem is clearly hoarding and people buying too much for themselves and trades, rather than arrival time.
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    PJ_Soul said:

SS9981 said:

PJ_Soul Said:

Better yet, limit how many people can buy so more people at the show can get one. :) People shouldn't be forced to miss out on concert merch or forced to spend their whole.day standing around in a line just because there is a relatively small number of people who are getting in line early to hoard stickers. I think it's hilarious that you are accusing others of being lazy. Your obsessive behaviour shouldn't be held up as the golden standard, lol. This is why people are asking for buying limits on merch.

And who are you exactly? You might want to pull your nose out of the air long enough to understand who you are talking to. Hoarding stickers am I? I've helped more people on these boards than someone of your ilk ever will. Because I don't just help people to better my board standing, I do it just because they are my friends. Hell, I helped Doug Floyd & some gentleman I had never met, before that turd of a comment even came rolling on the screen. And what have you done today PJ? I mean besides demean a whole facet of people who have done nothing to you on a subject you don't know squat about. Oh wait you did set the "gold standard" for being a pompous ass. bully for you!

Wow, lol.
    I am only saying that buying 200 stickers up (hoarding) so that no one at the show can buy any within 2 hours of the doors opening is bullshit so yes, 10c should set buying limits. How amazing you feel you are doesn't change anything. There are a lot of generous people in this community, and if you happen to be one of them, good for you. Just don't gobble up all the stickers at the merch stands so that no one else who is at the show can buy even one.
    "The someone of your ilk" pertains to the fact that you've probably never did a hard days work, probably thought you were entitled to slap the doctor back when you popped out.
    Have never bought 200 stickers, just like you apparently can't understand metaphor's, But if I ever get to go to a show I know your at will give it my best shot.
    And when you get your limits set the flippers will scatter throughout the line over & over again & instead of trading we will be forced to use Ebay. Just like scalpers hit TM quick as they can to get the best tickets to sell through StubHub. Another metaphor, sorry
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    @-)
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I rarely even buy merch btw, especially not stickers, so please don't buy all the stickers at the show I'm at out of spite, because you will only be hurting everyone but me, lol.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    SS9981 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SS9981 said:

PJ_Soul Said:

Wow, lol.
    "The someone of your ilk" pertains to the fact that you've probably never did a hard days work, probably thought you were entitled to slap the doctor back when you popped out.
    Have never bought 200 stickers, just like you apparently can't understand metaphor's, But if I ever get to go to a show I know your at will give it my best shot.
    And when you get your limits set the flippers will scatter throughout the line over & over again & instead of trading we will be forced to use Ebay. Just like scalpers hit TM quick as they can to get the best tickets to sell through StubHub. Another metaphor, sorry
    Wow. Super shitty and presumptive response. Thanks for being a shining representative of what this community is all about...
  • Options
    STOP! STOP IT!

To use a metaphor "share the doll"…

Seriously, please be kind to each other and enough.

Let's have some positive input like there has been.

There has been so many good points on this thread and don't want to see it shut down.

I do know that 10C kind of let's each other police ourselves on certain occasions, as the previous Pop ups and they expect us, I would think, to have a higher standard.

Crazy talk?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

STOP! STOP IT!

There has been so many good points on this thread and don't want to see it shut down.

I do know that 10C kind of let's each other police ourselves on certain occasions, as the previous Pop ups and they expect us, I would think, to have a higher standard.

Crazy talk?

Not at all. Be kind. Make points. Discuss. Have differing opinions. Be respectful. Don't be nasty.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

How many people are financing tours doing shit like this? 50 stickers on ebay at an easy 10 to 12 dollars a pop. Nothing to ship.

bingo.
    someone in this thread was doing this...
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options

STOP! STOP IT!

Crazy talk?

Not crazy talk, but it does seem more and more like the fans aren't doing such a good job of policing themselves - sad but true. I mean, it is a minority that does things to kind of screw others over, but enough to really shake things up for everyone. I just don't like seeing a small number of people's actions negatively affecting the whole. When that is going on, I feel like something should be done to stop it, and only 10c is in a position to do that. I know we're just talking about merch here and not anything that really matters, but the small pleasures in life mean something too, and it sucks to see that those pleasures are being taken from people because greed or selfishness. It's really the principle of it rather than the actual results. Hell, i don't even collect stickers. But this bugs me.
  • Options

SS9981 said:

dfishberg said:

I have an issue with having to get somebody to get me stuff because I can't get to a venue at 11am for an 8:15 concert. The problem is clearly hoarding and people buying too much for themselves and trades, rather than arrival time.
    why do you have an issue with asking a friend for a favor?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

SS9981 said:

dfishberg said:

I think he meant he had an issue with having it be one of the only ways to make sure he got them, not the actual act of having to ask someone for a favor. That's how I interpreted it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

SS9981 said:

dfishberg said:

I have a problem with having to ask for a favor because I can't get to a concert nine hours early. I can understand if I am not going to the show at all. When arriving at 4:00pm the day of show isn't early enough to get a sticker there is a problem. I don't think we have had shows like Cinci or St Louis where you couldn't get stickers inside the venue.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    Seems like a Midwestern thing. Acl stuff all still available. Dallas and okc stuff I bought right before showtime last year.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options

SS9981 said:

dfishberg said:

I have a problem with having to ask for a favor because I can't get to a concert nine hours early. I can understand if I am not going to the show at all. When arriving at 4:00pm the day of show isn't early enough to get a sticker there is a problem. I don't think we have had shows like Cinci or St Louis where you couldn't get stickers inside the venue.
    do you need a sticker from Cincinnati or St. Louis?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited October 2014
    Pretty soon sticker to = Benny??? WTF. It's a sticker. Big deal. Just download or have someone send you a picture of it, print it out on some kind of sticker paper (or glue it or use double sided tape), put it wherever you want.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Pretty soon sticker to = Benny??? WTF. blockquote>

I really hope not.
    If stickers become bennys we are all doomed!
    Doomed I say!

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited October 2014
    Better stop my son from hoarding all the stickers in preschool. I think that's where all of it starts...
    Those teachers have too much supply, and those kids always with demand for stickers.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    edited October 2014

SS9981 said:

dfishberg said:

do you need a sticker from Cincinnati or St. Louis?
    No, but thank you if offering. Already traded for Cinci and luckily got one from St. Louis from a friend who knows I like stickers.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

Seems like a Midwestern thing. Acl stuff all still available. Dallas and okc stuff I bought right before showtime last year.

No, it is just festivals aren't the popular shows that a ton travel for. If you can only go to a few shows you wi pick the 34 song set list over the one with 27.

It isn't a coincidence that the festival stickers are most in demand because there aren't as many hardcore PJ fans there to buy them and trade/sell.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    Thanks to people like ss9981 and bootlegger. Without these types of forum mates I would not get the item that appeals to me. They save me spending a shit load on ebay to those 2 sellers that just seem to have ample stickers and buttons from every show from every tour. Sometimes because of where I live I have to resort to eBay. Massive difference for buying many to help forum members out versus the ones who buy to fund trips and when they have 50 listed on eBay at one time still have no compassion. My views. Later
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643

ComeToTX said:

No, it is just festivals aren't the popular shows that a ton travel for. If you can only go to a few shows you wi pick the 34 song set list over the one with 27.

It isn't a coincidence that the festival stickers are most in demand because there aren't as many hardcore PJ fans there to buy them and trade/sell.
    Okc and Dallas were both sold out. No problem getting stickers at either. Or posters. Or shirts.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,420
    PP193448 said:

Pretty soon sticker to = Benny??? WTF. It's a sticker. Big deal. Just download or have someone send you a picture of it, print it out on some kind of sticker paper (or glue it or use double sided tape), put it wherever you want.

Who needs bootleg vinyl when you can have bootleg stickers!
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    PJ SOUL our god sent sticker policy maker & sticker policeman all rolled up in one tightly coiled package. Craig, you & the rest can follow Gestapo, I never was much for letting spoiled children push me around, they bug me
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

ComeToTX said:

Okc and Dallas were both sold out. No problem getting stickers at either. Or posters. Or shirts.
    Show stickers were new in 2013. More people have caught on. That is my opinion at least. I don't think it is a city specific issue as I would bet most people that are buying stickers at 1pm at a booth are from out of town and the people in town are still at work.
  • Options
    dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403

ComeToTX said:

ComeToTX said:

Show stickers were new in 2013. More people have caught on. That is my opinion at least. I don't think it is a city specific issue as I would bet most people that are buying stickers at 1pm at a booth are from out of town and the people in town are still at work.
    +1
    People have now realized that there is money to be made purchasing stickers in bulk and that the rabid PJ fan base will pay a premium for stickers.